PDA

View Full Version : ANSWERED: Taraweeh dua

crazy_medic
31-10-2004, 05:48 PM
Assalamu-Alaikum

ok Brothers' and Sisters', sum more help plz.

during taraweeh, ive alwayz been taught to stop and recite after every 4 rakats. i recite something which goes liek this:

subhanazil mulki wal mala kuti. subhanazil izoti wal azmati wal haibati wal kudroti wal kibriayee wal jabarah. subhanal maikil hai lillazi, wa la ya mutu abadan abada. subuhun kudusun rabbuna wa rabbul, mala ikati warruh.

ive been told read this 3 times after every 4. first of all i dont know why this is read, nor what it means. also i do not even know if im reading the coreect thing because its not in Arabic!!

at the end..ive been told read a dua..starts liek 'allahumma inna nas alluka, janaata wa nowzibika minan nar.................. i know thsi one..just wanted to knwo meanign if possible n if anyone kniows where i can fidn teh arabic.

Jazakallah khair.

Husain
31-10-2004, 08:22 PM
I think it would be better if you first ask if there is any basis for it, then ask how to recite it.

Yusuf
31-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Assalamu-Alaikum

during taraweeh, ive alwayz been taught to stop and recite after every 4 rakats. i recite something which goes liek this:

subhanazil mulki wal mala kuti. subhanazil izoti wal azmati wal haibati wal kudroti wal kibriayee wal jabarah. subhanal maikil hai lillazi, wa la ya mutu abadan abada. subuhun kudusun rabbuna wa rabbul, mala ikati warruh.

ive been told read this 3 times after every 4. first of all i dont know why this is read, nor what it means. also i do not even know if im reading the coreect thing because its not in Arabic!!

at the end..ive been told read a dua..starts liek 'allahumma inna nas alluka, janaata wa nowzibika minan nar.................. i know thsi one..just wanted to knwo meanign if possible n if anyone kniows where i can fidn teh arabic.

Jazakallah khair.

Its not in arabic?!

Saleel
31-10-2004, 08:52 PM
:salam:

Assalamu-Alaikum

Mufti Ebrahim Desai says:

After every four rakats of taraweeh, the congregation should pause and engage in any form of zikr. It is incorrect to insist on the recitation of any particular dua or zikr in a particular way – singing, etc.
Mufti Ebrahim Desai also says:

Can you tell me the Taraweeh Duaa and is it important to read it?

Subhaana dhil mulk walmalakootu, subhaana dhil-izz wal-adhmat wal-haybat wal-qudrat wal-kibriyaa wal-jabaroot. Subhaanal malikil hayyilladhiy laa yanaamu walaa yamuwtu. Subbuwhun qudduwsun rabbunaa wa rabbul malaa-ikati wal-ruwh

The Ulama have recommended it. It is not necessary, one may recite any Du’aa or Dhikr.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Unfortunately, I was not able to find any reference to the dua you quoted to be recited at the end of Taraweeh. You also asked for a translation, it would be best to ask the 'Ulema, but a rough translation would be: "Oh Allah, We ask for Jannah and refuge from the Fire". Wallahu Alam.

The Arabic to the dua after 4 rakaats is attached, :insh:.

:salam:

crazy_medic
31-10-2004, 09:33 PM
JZ for dat...cudnt find it myself when i searched on askimam..may be i was searching worng thing.

Helped alot..

ws wr wb