PDA

View Full Version : ANSWERED: Err.. think theres a jinn in my room..what should I do?

Silver Sparrow
18-11-2004, 09:23 PM
As salamu alaikum
I know this is gonna sound strange, but I think there's a jinn living in my bedroom and I dont like it. A few years back we used to smell perfume in our garden at night, very different to any of the flowers we have there, and some people in my house would often smell perfume wafting past them, even though they were in a closed room and alone. My sisters would also hear the floorboards creaking at night though no one else slept on that floor. We put this down to the house just settling down, but now I'm not so sure.

You see a year back, just before last ramadan, I used to hear a very distinct tapping in my room, coming from one corner one time, on my desk another, my sister's bed on another occasion.

It stopped a bit after that. But now I can hear breathing. I'm NOT imagining it, and I've eliminated everyone from my house. I thought it was my grandma (my late grandfather had a jinn companion, or was raised by a jinn or something), cos it stopped when she went back to india, but now it's back, usually when i pray isha namaz, but sometimes in the morning as well. I really dont know what to do about it. I pray salat in this room, read ayat ul kursi, 4 quls, Quran, I tried reading ayat ul kursi and the muazzatain (sorry cant spell it!) and blowing in that direction, and it did stop, but started again a minute or two later. Its very distracting, I cant concentrate on isha anymore, cos its always there BREATHING. Is there any way to get rid of it? I heard you can drive them out by putting big nails in the wall.. I'd rather not do that though. Is there anything else?

As salamu alaikum

UmmIbrahimIsa
19-11-2004, 07:00 AM
assalamu alaikum wr wb

are there pics in your room of ppl or animals?

if yes...take them down and put them into albums.

are there dolls? stuffed animals in your room?
if yes, take them out, put them in another area, non sleeping area.. closet, basement..in a box...

recite the 4 quls, and aytul kursi and lots of dhikr and dua'ah
recite surah fatiha as well..
and ask ppl to help you in this by making dua'ah for you and also perhaps reciting the whole quran in the whole house

this could work.
insha'Allah

though it could be a good jinn wanting to be in muslims' presence.

GenN
19-11-2004, 09:13 AM
Assalmu alaykum,

my house is always creaking and i am always hearing noises but i put it down to the settling of the house.

But now your begninning to scare me :|

Muawiyah
19-11-2004, 09:27 AM
Recite the Surah Baqarah loudly after sunrise for seven days, i've heard this just about an hour ago from a shaykh who is also an expert exorcist. Also removing the human or animal likenesses from the room is a good idea, like the sister said.

Silver Sparrow
19-11-2004, 06:58 PM
No I dont have any pictures lying around, all childhood toys are stashed away in the wardrobe. My sister has these lil address labels on her headboard though with kittens and puppies. I'll black them out. Thing is, I try my best to keep all the pictures covered up, cos I gotta do my salat in there anyway, but my sister always brings things in, uncovers them, puts postcards with fishy pics...

The whole of surah baqarah after sunrise... :( That took me about 3 days over ramadan. I cant manage it, but I'll try as hard as I can, thanks for the suggestion.

Anyway, the breathing, it came back during ramadan... if it IS a jinn, it must be a pretty strong one to withstand that, and all the praying. Ya Allah!

I heard a coughing in my room last night... Insha Allah that came from next door, but I have had doubts brrrrrrr... Freaky stuff, just have to keep telling yourself: Allah has more power over them than they have over me. :)

One more thing, have any of you ever woken up paralysed? Last year that happened twice, I was terrified, I can tell you! I thought it was a jinn pushing down on me and stopping me from moving. I was like 'turn around turn around' but I couldn't move. It happened to my sister as well, when she was in the front room. Or could it have just been your body waking up before your soul comes back, or the other way round? Is there some logical explanation for this?

Wa alaikumusalam

Yusuf
19-11-2004, 07:13 PM
:o Wow. Freaky house. Move houses man. :(

I'm scared that if I say something out of hand, it'll happen to me. :frown:

eat-halal guy
19-11-2004, 07:20 PM
:salam:

My friend had a jinn scare one night at madrasah. He told Maulana (he's a jinn expert) the next day at fajr; he advised him to read ayat al-kursi 10 times out loud in each corner of his room.

One more thing, have any of you ever woken up paralysed? Last year that happened twice, I was terrified, I can tell you! I thought it was a jinn pushing down on me and stopping me from moving. I was like 'turn around turn around' but I couldn't move. It happened to my sister as well, when she was in the front room. Or could it have just been your body waking up before your soul comes back, or the other way round? Is there some logical explanation for this?

No, never happened to me :alhamd:. Might have something to do with the jinn.

Allah knows best.

UmmIbrahimIsa
19-11-2004, 07:36 PM
Assalamu alaikum wr wb

I did. I remember a time a few years back before I was married and before my religious days.. well basically I had a very terrible, scary experience that i'll never ever forget... kinda woke me up to reality.
its really difficult to talk about though i've been asked about it often.
i only tell ppl about it to let them know that jinn stories are not exciting nor would you really want to meet a jinn or have stuff happen to you because once it does its really horrible...
and im not the kind of person that scares easily.

i remember being told to recite the surahs and make dhikr as well as taking down photos.
you mentioned you had little tiny photos of the animals.. that could be the attraction.
i use to have kittens photos all over my walls and this huge picture frame of it...
after that incident it's not there anymore...

hope it gets better.

Silver Sparrow
19-11-2004, 07:50 PM
Oh man I wasnt scared before, but now you're kinda freaking me out. You were supposed to say: yeah its called 'being half asleep and half awake' syndrome...

My mum saw jinns in india, an adult jinn and a lil jinn. I got so freaked out after hearing that, and it was a while after that the tapping started. And things used to go missing from our bags while we were in india as well, and then turn up a bit later a while later in EXACTLY the same place we left them. They blamed it on our cousin, but she was only 3 how could she remember the exact place she got them from, and anyway, she never gives things back, she hides them under matresses.

Some jinn stories are funny, we saw a jinn chicken once in Barbados!

Where does ayat ul kursi end btw? Is it at wahuwa aliyul azeem? Or hum fee ha khalidun? I was taught the 2nd, but all the books say the first one.

As salamu alaikum and jazakallaah

eat-halal guy
19-11-2004, 07:53 PM
Where does ayat ul kursi end btw? Is it at wahuwa aliyul azeem? Or hum fee ha khalidun? I was taught the 2nd, but all the books say the first one.

The first.

Allah knows best.

sosolidsista
19-11-2004, 09:15 PM
sis samirah...u scarin the daylights outta me n im not even the 1 hu has to listen to those freaky noises! dunno how u sleep, n the wakin up paralysed ting...dats well dodgy!

Silver Sparrow
19-11-2004, 09:55 PM
That's nothing, I could tell you a really scary jinn story. This wasn't just jinn, this was like efreet. I won't tell it though, dont wanna give you nightmares.. or even give this jinn any ideas! :O

eat-halal guy
19-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Personally, I discourage people from discussing jinn stories unless they're doing so for a reason. Otherwise, I don't think it's a good idea to tell jinn stories just for the sake of storytelling. Let them live their lives, and Insha-Allah they'll let us live ours. :)

surriya
19-11-2004, 11:43 PM

Salaam sister Samirah

Your jinn story is scary especially cos i thought i heard breathing sounds a few times in my room too :confused:

Anyway, about waking up paralysed, you shouldn't really have to worry about that. I studied sleep a few years ago at college. There are 4 stages to sleep and it kind of works like a cycle throughout the whole time your asleep. I can't quite remember now, but i think stage 4 is when your really deep asleep, this is when your body is paralysed and you can't move. And people do wake up during this stage of sleep.

I once woke up paralysed too, before anyone thinks I might also have a jinn in my room and this being the reason for me waking up in such a state, I was at my nan's house when i woke up paralysed.

I hope this calms you down a bit. :)

Hamood
20-11-2004, 12:36 AM
By the way there are explanations for all these creepy noises, for example the squeeking in a wooden house is sometimes due to wind, and the tapping sound could be pipes with water flowing in them (happens to me all the time), and many other noises , I have a lot of experience in investigating these sounds but of course there were some I could never find the source. Anyway I'm not saying its not a jinn, of course it could be but sometimes its just plain old wooden homes, i.e. if you live in one. May Allah save us from the evil jinns.

Abdullah_Faysal
20-11-2004, 01:01 AM

Wa alaikumusalam

Could just have to do with your blood flow. I remember one day i wake up and couldn't move my leg, my mom bent back and forth, and then I could move, :alhamd: .

As for the jinn in your room, it could be just a creek or a jinn, Allah knows best.

This is stilling going on, I share a room with my uncle, and I think they are jinns there, when my uncle is on and off the bed I hear something jumping on his bed, one time a heard something like someone drop a jinn, it made a noticleable sound, I mean moticleable :eek: , I left room that moment, it stills happen, though they never reach my side of the room, ou can hear them walking around the bed. Allah knows best

suhayl
20-11-2004, 10:16 AM

I didn't wake up and feel paralysed. I was awake and felt paralysed! Later I found out that it may have been a jinn that prays in a certain spot and I slept there ( I was in jamaat in Sri Lanka). It happens daily to my dad (he prays all these quran ayaat in his sleep... subhanallah) and grandma. Happened to me recently (one off).

My dads mate who is really pious (his daughter) was sleeping once and she had a jinn in her room. She used to cry every so often and he could not figure out what is was. So one day she woke up screaming her head off, he stormed into the room, and started yelling at the jinn (though he could not see it). Told it to bugger off and leave her alone. From then on the jinn did not come back. Worth a try maybe :confused:

Anyways we got one in our house (I think), but it does not bother us and we don't bother it. All live in harmony alhamdulillah.

It it's not doing anything then just chill.

Allahu Alam

eat-halal guy
20-11-2004, 06:09 PM
Anyways we got one in our house (I think), but it does not bother us and we don't bother it. All live in harmony alhamdulillah.

:eek: How come you never told me when I came?!

Hypermodestmuslima
20-11-2004, 07:40 PM
Rofl if this is a joke.

If its not a joke, I hardly think you would have come if there was a Jinn there...

We had a girl who had gotten possessed in our Madrisa, because she was in the basement doing weird things with her hair and singing immoral songs. Well...anyway...the Sheikhs managed to get it out of her. There's a lot more to the story but I think its been added by the girl in order to scare the new girl (this happened before I came)

I think everyone above has given sound advice, and you could follow Suhayl's advice and tell it to bugger off...which could be possible...I mean if someone told me to bugger off I'd probably go away...(but before that I'd give that person a good piece of my mind) hopefully the Jinn won't do that.

Hmm...ok reading through this again, I'm starting to get freaked out.

Assalamu alaikum

PS May ALlah protect us all from the evil Jinn and Shayateen. Ameen.

Silver Sparrow
20-11-2004, 08:10 PM
Its breathing actually got louder today. I've noticed that it only starts when I do my zuhar namaz and isha.. Never heard it at fajr, not asr or even maghrib. I tried that thing from the hadith, saying I curse you by Allah's curse 3 times, didnt work. Tried ayat ul kursi 10 times in all the corners... nothing doing again. I have actually told it to go away and get a life... hehe not sure if it heard me though, I only whispered it. Made fun of it once as well, maybe its peed off.. eeks!

one time heard something like someone drop a jinn, it made a noticleable sound
My mum told me today that happened to her as well! That one dropped on her legs when she was in bed! She said it went after she prayed ya seen, but I've prayed that in my room before, and it's still here :-S

Oh dear, I really don't know what to do.

Is it true that the souls of really evil people return to earth, cos apparently there was one of them next door to the house we stayed in when we went india, a 'headless jinn' the lady called it.

*staarz*
20-11-2004, 08:42 PM
try reading the manzil, its a collection of a few ayaat, most book stores sell it. apperantlly it is the most effective recitation against an evil jinn.
Other scholars also say that recite ayatul kursi, blow in water and sprinkle that around your house!
good luck

Silver Sparrow
20-11-2004, 09:29 PM
Jazakallah khair

Yeah we all have a copy of the manzil, i'll try that out tonight insha Allah :)

analyzing
21-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Jinnzaman should tell you what you should do.

Silver Sparrow
21-11-2004, 04:20 PM
Good news! I think it's gone. At least I didn't hear anything last night, and all was quiet during zuhr too. My mum prayed something last night and blew on us, and it seems to have done the trick, alhumdulillah, but I'm not gonna celebrate too soon... Jazakallah khair for all the suggestions :)

abby
21-11-2004, 05:03 PM
Assalamu-alaikum, I've had some experiences, with some jinns in my house, nothing too freaky though

I just wanted to mention as a suggestion, as was mentioned it's good to recite surah baqarah if there is a jinn in one's home. I also heard that you can play it on tape or CD or whatever. When I feel there could be a jinn in my house, I just get my tape with surah baqarah and play it. I usually do it several times.

btw, the whole paralysed thing happenned to me as well. What happenned was I was awake, or half asleep, can't remember. I was trying to move but couldn't budge. It was very frustrating. I don't remember how long I was like that, probably a few minutes. Then I was trying to remember Allah as much as I could. A short while after, I was suddenly able to move and get out of my bed.

Wassalam