PDA

View Full Version : Studying in Raiwind, Pakistan?

True Life
26-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Has anyone here ever studied at Raiwind or knows someone who has?
How is it? Share experiences...

Saad
26-06-2007, 05:07 PM
I have been to Raiwind but never studied there, its probably one of the hardest Madrassah to get in.

Ahmed
26-06-2007, 10:41 PM
alhamdulillah..know a few ulema who did there final years thers

be ready for mujahidah and islaah:)

mospike
27-06-2007, 07:26 AM
Pakistani's,,, they are something else

Tabligh bro's say

In India you learn the Work, and in Pakistand YOU DO the work.......

Tabligh bro's told me that they do mula'kaat till late at night and immediately after fajr also

I did not know that there was a Darul Uloom at Raiwind???

Ahmed
27-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Pakistani's,,, they are something else

Tabligh bro's say

In India you learn the Work, and in Pakistand YOU DO the work.......

Tabligh bro's told me that they do mula'kaat till late at night and immediately after fajr also

I did not know that there was a Darul Uloom at Raiwind???

yes..and yes:cheesygri

omar2006
27-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Mufti Haroon Firdausi

Born and raised in Chicago, Mufti Haroon was one of the first American-born scholars to travel abroad to study the Islamic sciences. Having attained a bachelor’s degree in the field of electrical engineering from the University of Illinois Urbana/Champaign, Mufti Haroon set out to Pakistan in to pursue higher education in the Islamic sciences. He first took an intensive course in Arabic and Qur'anic philosophy at the Quran College in Lahore.

Later, after devoting months of his precious time to the blessed work of da’wat and tabligh, his desire for more in-depth Islamic knowledge led him to the Madrassa Arabiyya, Masjid Zakaria in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Completing his formal studies of Arabic, fiqh, adab, balaghat, tafseer, and hadith at the Madrassa Arabiyya, Raiwind, Maulana Haroon later traveled to Multan to study at one of the top iftaa programs in the country. He completed his mufti training at Khairul Madaris, Multan, the following year with the blessings of his renowned teacher, Mufti Abdus Sattar al-Multani (may Allah lengthen his life).

Mufti Haroon Firdausi is well versed in Arabic, Urdu, Farsi, Punjabi and Spanish, and also has many academic awards and general achievements to his name, including long standing participation in national Islamic organizations.

Mufti Haroon is currently a teacher at Darul Uloom Chicago as well as an Islamic studies teacher at the College Preparatory School of America, Lombard. Mufti Haroon is also a licensed Funeral Director, and is currently running a funeral services institution called Muslim Funeral Services.

shatibi
30-12-2008, 03:15 PM
I have been to Raiwind but never studied there, its probably one of the hardest Madrassah to get in.

:salam:

Anyone know how the admissions system is there? How do they evaluate students?

And br. khanbaba, or anyone else, why is the admission hard? (What do they look in students, why do they reject many?)

I'm desperate to get in! Please make dua..

:jazak:

:ws:

Sohaib
30-12-2008, 04:18 PM

4 Months are prerequisite to be admitted to the madrassa.

Parents approval is also necessory.

Maulana Tariq jamil(D.B) is the graduate of Raiwind Madrassa

abulayl
30-12-2008, 04:20 PM
In germany there were 4 converts and one turky who studied in raiwind. but those converts couldn´t study for long time, most of them spend 3-4 years or 2 years. there are still 2 german in raiwind as long as i can remember. I spent time with one germna who used to be there for 2 years. and as allready brother said , there are a lot of mujahadah mashallah. for conversta or europians it should be a big deal to get enrol in the madrassah but after getting the addmission its kinda hard there.

Ahmed
30-12-2008, 04:39 PM
great place..may allah protect and expand its efforts and noor and knowledge

may allah bless it patrons and faarighs

shatibi
17-01-2009, 05:24 PM

Who is the Shaykh ul Hadith in Raiwind?

Colonel_Hardstone
17-01-2009, 07:12 PM

Who is the Shaykh ul Hadith in Raiwind?

W-Salam,

Used to be Maulana Ihsan Saheb (DB), not sure about these days

shatibi
17-01-2009, 07:27 PM

Yes, that's what I thought too, just wanted to confirm.

Do you know what Maulana Jamshed sahib teaches?

What about Maulana Fareed sahib?

Abu_Bilal
19-01-2009, 02:58 AM

Yes, that's what I thought too, just wanted to confirm.

Do you know what Maulana Jamshed sahib teaches?

What about Maulana Fareed sahib?

Walikum-us-salam.

Maulana Jamshed teaches "Hidaya".

InshAllah i will go to raiwind from next year. I am in my 2nd year of dars-e-nizami but i have not yet spent 4 months in tabligh, which is a pre-requisite.

shatibi
19-01-2009, 05:49 AM

The pre req of 4 months, is it required for everyone? What about the young children who enroll? I mean, what age do ppl usually start?

Abu_Bilal
20-01-2009, 02:54 AM

The pre req of 4 months, is it required for everyone? What about the young children who enroll? I mean, what age do ppl usually start?

Walikum us salam.

Yes, i think it is a pre-requisite for everyone. I have never seen a child there. People there are usually like 17-18 when they start.

One another thing i would like to mention, is that, if you want to learn islam real good, do not go to a "tablighi" madressa and go to a traditional madressa.

Ansari
20-01-2009, 10:17 AM
One another thing i would like to mention, is that, if you want to learn islam real good, do not go to a "tablighi" madressa and go to a traditional madressa.

Any experiences? I did hear once that Tablighi madaris are the weakest out there.

London786
20-01-2009, 02:51 PM
well in the UK dewsbury produces good ulema. The earlier generation of Daruloom Bury produced great graduates but lately the standard is lower than dewsbury. The thing is in Bury is that the higher ustaads r really good. The 6 books of ahadeeth are taught by great teachers better than dewsbury. However in dewsbury they concentrate a lot on the foundations so they also have great teachers teaching lower classes. The qiraat of the dewsbury graduates is probably the best in the UK madaris. Also the dewsbury alim course is longer.

The best daruloom is probably maulana saleem dhorat's one. Although I have a lot of different viewpoints to maulana saleem dhorat one thing i can say is that his graduates have great manners etc.

I hear that maulana tariq jamil's madrasah in pakistan is amongs the best as well. I have also heard that ibn abbas in karachi is amongst the best. the principle of ibn abbas is a tablighi who i met at karachi markaz.

So I would not say that tablighi madrasahs have a poor standard compared to others.

However definitely the madaris need a big shake up.

shatibi
20-01-2009, 04:59 PM

I've been hearing different things.

I've often been told that Nizamuddin and Raiwind are among the best out there. In fact, many people discourage me from going there, saying it's too difficult for me! They say instead go to SA or UK.

On the other hand, I've heard that MTJ's madrassah is not that strong as some others, since it caters more to students from the West, etc.

Muhammad Ali Munir, out of curiosity, why did you choose Raiwind? Where are you currently studying?

How is DU-Karachi compared to Raiwind? Mufti Husain sahib once reccommended it to someone here..

abulayl
20-01-2009, 05:36 PM
I've often been told that Nizamuddin and Raiwind are among the best out there. In fact, many people discourage me from going there, saying it's too difficult for me! They say instead go to SA or UK.

On the other hand, I've heard that MTJ's madrassah is not that strong as some others,

Muhammad Ali Munir, out of curiosity, why did you choose Raiwind? Where are you currently studying?

How is DU-Karachi compared to Raiwind?

each and every madrassah has its strong point and weak point. for example have heard in MTJ ´s own bayan that in his madrassah people must talk in arabic whole day except when they have touch with local people.

some people think if i get enrole in Raiwind and nizamuddin i will be able to understand dawah work better, which is not true.

but markaz gives more value in khidmah , adab and other topics.

about DU karachi i know some points, but i wanna hear about the madrassah from other well-versed brothers.

those who have zeal of learning they can learn every where and in any madrassah, but those who get enroled by their parents and hadn´t any wish from himself to learn islam from the heart, after becomeing alim people wonder how so and so scholar get passed from so and so madrassah.

xs11ax
20-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Walikum us salam.

Yes, i think it is a pre-requisite for everyone. I have never seen a child there. People there are usually like 17-18 when they start.

i saw one. he was the son of an australian convert. met him raiwind ijtima.
he looked no more than 15.

shatibi
20-01-2009, 08:39 PM
some people think if i get enrole in Raiwind and nizamuddin i will be able to understand dawah work better, which is not true.

Is it not possible that students, spending years close to the elders, gain a better understading of the work?

What do you think?

Abu_Bilal
21-01-2009, 02:57 AM
Any experiences? I did hear once that Tablighi madaris are the weakest out there.

Assalam Alaikum.

"Tablighi" madaris improve your "Taqwa". If you want to develop love for Allah, love for Rasoolulah (SAWW), love for the the work of deen, then "tablighi" madaris are definitely the ones for you.

Also, if you want to improve your spoken arabic, "tablighi" madaris are very helpful.

But if you want to become a real good mufti, and you want to learn the minor details of fiqh (like i want to to do), then traditional madaris like Darululoom Karachi etc are the ones for you.

In "tablighi" madaris, even the curriculum is a bit different. Basically, "tablighi" madaris make you a devotee of "tabligh" with good overall islamic knowledge.

This is from personal experience, and the views of the vast majority in Pakistan.

Abu_Bilal
21-01-2009, 03:13 AM

How is DU-Karachi compared to Raiwind? Mufti Husain sahib once reccommended it to someone here..

Walikum us salam.

As i already mentioned that, if you want to learn "adab", good manners, the everyday sunnahs of Rasooulah (SAWW), the work of "tabligh" etc, then Raiwind is very good. This is why people say that Raiwind is tough. Because it requires a lot of "mujahida". You have to do "khidmat" of jamaats, do other administrative things, do "khidmat" of your teachers, etc. Basically Raiwind is good for your character building.

On the other hand, Raiwind doesn't apply the same level of "mujahida" to your studies. The first two years are tough, because they make you work real hard to improve your arabic. Also, in Raiwind students are told to study themselves more and work harder. But the minor details of fiqh, hadeeth, tafseer, etc are not taught in detail, and the main focus is on "tablighi" activities. Same is the case with Maulana Tariq Jameel's madressa.

In traditional madaris, like DU Karachi, they do not make you a "tablighi" alim. Instead they teach you each and every minute detail of fiqh, tafseer, hadeeth. Full dars-e-nizami is taught, with great teachers who are fully devoted to teaching, unlike in Raiwind where teachers are also busy in "tablighi" activities.

Why did i choose Raiwind? <--- Well to improve my "taqwa", improve my manners and "adab" etc.

Presently i am studying at Jamia Islamia, Rawalpindi.

For me the ideal combination would be, spend the first few years in tabligh and learn the first 2 years in Raiwind, make yourself tough and get your "imaan" strong, then go to Khair-ul-Madaris in Multan or Binori Town in Karachi, become an aalim, and then go to Darul Uloom Karachi for becoming a "mufti". This is also my aim.

I have got numerous friends in DU Karachi and Raiwind. My teachers are from Binori Town and DU Karachi. And what i wrote above is also the view of majority of those people.

shatibi
25-01-2009, 03:28 PM

According to Mufti Haroon Firdausi sahib, a graduate of Raiwind, these are common misconceptions by people who haven't studied there.

abulayl
25-01-2009, 04:11 PM

Is it not possible that students, spending years close to the elders, gain a better understading of the work?

What do you think?

Better understanding can be also achieved by giving a gape with elders of markaz. have seen personally some brother who praised a lot markaz elders and spend a lot with them and later they critisize other elders who come in the markaz, just cause they hadn&#180;t power of "kashf"!

By having a gape and then having intention to meet the elders has a refresh motive to come in markaz and learn the work with elders. but if i am whole time around them, then their mistakes are also around my eyes and through the mistakes of those elders, people also leave the work.

Abu_Bilal
26-01-2009, 03:02 AM

According to Mufti Haroon Firdausi sahib, a graduate of Raiwind, these are common misconceptions by people who haven't studied there.

Assalam Alaikum.

What i wrote is the opinion of Mufti Ismail, Mufti Khaleel, Maulana Asad, Maulana Abu Bakr, etc. Two of them are from DU Karachi, two of them from Binori Town Karachi.

It is also the opinion of atleast 12 people, that are currently studying at Raiwind.

It is also the opinion of most of the ulema in "Wafaq-ul-Madaris", which runs the dars-e-nizami in Pakistan.

I am also studying in a madressa and it is also my humble opinion. The Raiwind graduates are good in arabic, but modest in fiqh details.

Anyways, you should go by whatever Mufti Haroon Sahib has told you, if that sounds good to you.

meelash
14-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Assalam Alaikum.

What i wrote is the opinion of Mufti Ismail, Mufti Khaleel, Maulana Asad, Maulana Abu Bakr, etc. Two of them are from DU Karachi, two of them from Binori Town Karachi.

It is also the opinion of atleast 12 people, that are currently studying at Raiwind.

It is also the opinion of most of the ulema in "Wafaq-ul-Madaris", which runs the dars-e-nizami in Pakistan.

I am also studying in a madressa and it is also my humble opinion. The Raiwind graduates are good in arabic, but modest in fiqh details.

Anyways, you should go by whatever Mufti Haroon Sahib has told you, if that sounds good to you.

وعليكم السلام

Ml Abu_Bilal, is what you wrote above also applicable to Jamia Ibn-Abbas? Have you any experience with that school?