PDA

View Full Version : Dalail al Khayrat (english or arabic)

bmarchman
27-06-2007, 11:07 PM
salam alaikum

do you prefer to read the Dalail al Khayrat in English or Arabic? This question is for those who do not completly understand the arabic.

muhammadnur
28-06-2007, 01:42 AM
salam alaikum

do you prefer to read the Dalail al Khayrat in English or Arabic? This question is for those who do not completly understand the arabic.

:salam:

whenever Allah gives me tawfiq to read it, I still prefer the arabic even though I don't understand arabic.

mospike
28-06-2007, 07:31 AM
Me tooo,, as above

mishor
28-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Is there an English version?

bmarchman
28-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Is there an English version?

Salam alaikum, it's a translation...

mishor
28-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Salam alaikum, it's a translation...
:ws:

:jazak:

muhammadnur
28-06-2007, 06:27 PM

as a side note. The english is very beneficial and nice to read for those who don't understand arabic. I just read a section now and :mash: it's beautiful. anyone who reads this should recite al-Fatihah for Imam Jazuli :rahma:

NaqshbandiHakkani
28-06-2007, 06:38 PM

as a side note. The english is very beneficial and nice to read for those who don't understand arabic. I just read a section now and :mash: it's beautiful. anyone who reads this should recite al-Fatihah for Imam Jazuli :rahma:

There is certain adab to reading Dalail Khairat like starting on a monday etc. Here is a link for further information..

http://www.*****************/Adaab_of_Reading.htm

NaqshbandiHakkani
28-06-2007, 06:39 PM

There is certain adab to reading Dalail Khairat like starting on a monday etc. Here is a link for further information..

htt p://ww w.deenisla m.co.u k/Adaab_of_Reading.htm

*remove the spaces ..in the link

seekeroftruth
28-06-2007, 06:49 PM
www.dalail.co.uk/

Islamica Magazine - Dala'il Al-Khayrat: The Story of a Text (http://www.islamicamagazine.com/issue-14/dalail-al-khayrat-the-story-of-a-text.html)

Its good to be aware of the 'value' of something before embarking upon it and also the more one knows something, the more one loves it.

This is one book, everyone should have in their homes, in their hearts and also something we should read daily.

On a side note, please support and gain extra special reward by helping at the Dailal Fund too www.dalailfund.org.uk/

I would suggest, those who are not aware of this book, read the above link.

Julaybib
28-06-2007, 06:54 PM
What is Dalail ul Khayrat what its benefits could somebody explain? Is it similar to Qaseeda Burda Shareef

May Allah increase us all in our love for the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) And may he give a hopeless sinner like the tawfiq to practise the deen in its entirety Humbly request duas.

P.S. Recommendations for any other literature that helps increase the Love would be greatly appreciated.

seekeroftruth
28-06-2007, 06:58 PM
What is Dalail ul Khayrat what its benefits could somebody explain? Is it similar to Qaseeda Burda Shareef

May Allah increase us all in our love for the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) And may he give a hopeless sinner like the tawfiq to practise the deen in its entirety Humbly request duas.

P.S. Recommendations for any other literature that helps increase the Love would be greatly appreciated.

Read the previous post i made. Hope that helps. :lol:

http://www.islamicamagazine.com/issue-14/dalail-al-khayrat-the-story-of-a-text.html

Julaybib
28-06-2007, 07:46 PM
May Allah reward you 'Seeker of Truth' ,I have just finished reading the article on the Dalail al Khayrat.Alhamdolillah I found it quite inspirational.

May Allah Increase all of us in our love, and may he give an ungrateful one like me tawfiq to act upon what he learns ameen. Humbly request your duas

bmarchman
28-06-2007, 08:11 PM
so...

English or Arabic?

I'm just looking for opinions here, please everyone feel free to repond:cheesygri

mishor
28-06-2007, 08:22 PM
so...

English or Arabic?

I'm just looking for opinions here, please everyone feel free to repond:cheesygri
Me, I would prefer reading the arabic, even though I don't understand arabic. Same way I would prefer to read the qur'an in arabic. :)

bmarchman
28-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Yes, the Quran certainly has more meaning and baraka in Arabic, I can hardly stand reading it in english. Additionally the Quran is easier to understand even when one does not completly understand arabic than the dalail.

Undoubtedly the Dalail has a baraka in arabic but the benifit of understanding the words, what they imply and point to of the characters and qualities of rasulilah. May Allah bless him and great him peace.

seekeroftruth
28-06-2007, 08:40 PM
so...

English or Arabic?

I think, even if we do not understand 'arabic', the taste of mangoes can never be experienced, by having a 'mango lassi'. You have to have the 'real' thing, not the 'mixed, half tasting' thing.

We need to read the arabic, and 'feel' it and actually 'experience' it. The same can be said about the Quran and Hadith.

Of course, if you know the meanings, it is something extra and bonus. I would suggest we read the arabic, to take most benefit from it. Reading the english version adds that extra dimension.

Everyone, please add this book to your 'next to buy', and add it to your daily schedule, trust me, the benefits of it, you shall see...

mishor
28-06-2007, 10:08 PM
I think, even if we do not understand 'arabic', the taste of mangoes can never be experienced, by having a 'mango lassi'. You have to have the 'real' thing, not the 'mixed, half tasting' thing.
I like your analogy. :lol:

Yusayrah
30-06-2008, 01:12 PM
salaam

does anyone have the compact edition of shaykh nuh's dalail khayrat? i dont understand arabic and dont know where to start from for the hizb for mon, tue, etc...

if someone could tell me the page numbers for 8 day, 4 days and 2 days i would be really greatfull.

jazakhallah khair

p.s is their an english translation available for this arabic version of shaykh nuh's? i know their are others but they all differ slightly. jkhair.

rahma
30-06-2008, 02:58 PM
When reading almost anything that is in arabic, be it Qur'an, dua, hadith, whatever, I take the same approach - recite a line or 2 in arabic, then read the meaning in english. Eventually, the english meaning is so tightly associated with the arabic text that when I read the arabic, I will know what the corresponding english meaning is. Thus, my problem with cruddy comprehension of arabic is solved, and I usually pick up a few words in arabic along the way

Salah
30-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Salamu 3aleykum,

Could someone possibly add the full Arabic version of this magnificent Dalail ul-Khayrat? Barak Allah fiekum.

ENIGMA
30-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Has someone got a nice clean audio recording of the dalail. Ive got a version,which was kindly gifted to me, may Allah bless him in this world and the next, but the Arabic style is not one which I am used to, so its a massive struggle to read it. Sometimes'i'll just hold it and marvel at the beauty of the copy of the Dala'il. It would be nice to have a good audio so I can learn to recite it properly and make it a daily amal.

Salah
01-07-2008, 01:57 PM
I ordered, alHamdulilah, yesterday the Dalail Khayrat limited-standard edition (25 pound) from dalail.co.uk, Shaykh Nuh's website. Its fully in Arabic and I cant wait to receive it by mail here in Holland. However, I didnt receive by mail a confirmation from the website or their email adress, only from a payment confirmation from PayPal.

Do other brothers here have any experience with the website and delivery outside the UK?

Murabit
25-08-2008, 03:15 AM
to the brother who started this thread, and to the brothers who provided info of this great work, you all dont know the amount of good you have done, and the doors of blessings you have opened upon yourselves, inshallahu ta3laa.

By reading this thread of yours someone got introduced to the dalail for the first time, and has become deeply attached to it inso much that he has acquired the book from a source, and vowed to read it every week, not only him but his family as well. You all have share of the rewards for whatever he and his family are to acquire inshallah, for your introduction. May Allah love you all and make you of His elect ones.

laughinglion
25-08-2008, 06:48 AM
:bism:

Dala'ila'l-Khayrat. (http://naksibendi.org/hayrat.html)

with peace

PS. I also have a revivifying Maghribi audio ;-)

MujahidAbdullah
25-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Sheikh Mubarek Ali Shah Jillani has given his ttalibs a directive to read Dalail Khairat in Arabic daily.

The Arabic has a greater effect on the readers heart, but it is also beneficial to understand what you are reading so many of his talibs read it in both languages daily.

laughinglion
27-08-2008, 03:41 PM
:bism:

Dala'ila'l-Khayrat. (http://naksibendi.org/hayrat.html)

with peace

PS. I also have a revivifying Maghribi audio ;-)#

Here is a link to the Maghribi recitation (http://bogvaerker.dk/files/Audio/) mentioned above.

with peace

ENIGMA
27-08-2008, 04:23 PM
#

Here is a link to the Maghribi recitation (http://bogvaerker.dk/files/Audio/) mentioned above.

with peace

is the maghribi recitation of the dalail al kahyrat?? how does it differ to the other version you linked?

:jazak: by the way. Its on my ipod already!!

laughinglion
27-08-2008, 10:01 PM
is the maghribi recitation of the dalail al kahyrat?? how does it differ to the other version you linked?

:jazak: by the way. Its on my ipod already!!

The Maghribi recitation starts from the second part (and is thus seven parts) whereas the previous link contains the complete 'Dala'il (eight parts).' As far as I am aware that is the only difference between the two. Of course, apart from the obvious differnce in styles of recitation.

May we be blessed with nearness to our Master Muhammad in both the worlds.

with peace.

jinnzaman
04-01-2009, 02:01 AM
As-salamu alaikum

Does anyone have the Arabic, English translation, and English transliteration of the Dalail al-Khayrat?

If so, please share!

Jazakallah khairun.

masalama

Zubair
04-01-2009, 03:07 AM
http://www.dalail.org/ <<<<Has arabic as well as the translation.
http://www.geocities.com/durooduk/dalail.htm <<<<<Has translation and transliteration, Arabic text doesn't work

jinnzaman
04-01-2009, 05:48 AM
http://www.dalail.org/ <<<<Has arabic as well as the translation.
http://www.geocities.com/durooduk/dalail.htm <<<<<Has translation and transliteration, Arabic text doesn't work

As-salamu alaikum

I apologize for being finicky, but do you have a link to one that has marks to make it easier for non-Arabic speakers (i.e. fat-ha, dhamma, kasrah, etc)?

Jazakallah khairun.

masalama

IbnShafiq
04-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Allah-humma Salli wa sal-leem 'ala saiyidinna Muhammad wa 'ala aleehe wa sahbihe ts-leman katheera

AbuHarris
04-01-2009, 10:24 AM
As-salamu alaikum

I apologize for being finicky, but do you have a link to one that has marks to make it easier for non-Arabic speakers (i.e. fat-ha, dhamma, kasrah, etc)?

Jazakallah khairun.

masalama

وعليكم السلام
Try this link:
http://al-mostafa.info/data/arabic/depot3/gap.php?file=i001860.pdf

والسلام

Zubair
04-01-2009, 07:27 PM
YOu can download it at the website listed above, type in دلائل الخيرات , and it has the tashkil as well

ENIGMA
05-01-2009, 02:07 PM
I dont get the 2 Hizbs to be prayed on Monday. Are both those Hizbs supposed to be prayed on the same Monday, Or alternate between each Monday Hizb?

muhammadnur
05-01-2009, 03:36 PM
I dont get the 2 Hizbs to be prayed on Monday. Are both those Hizbs supposed to be prayed on the same Monday, Or alternate between each Monday Hizb?

Both are read on the same Monday. The Dalail is normally broken into 8 sections and people usually read one section a day. But obviously there's only 7 days in a week so the last section and the first section is read on Monday.
In the edition that Sheikh Nuh put out the Dalail is also broken into 4ths. So it can be read like that as well.

ENIGMA
05-01-2009, 03:46 PM

Both are read on the same Monday. The Dalail is normally broken into 8 sections and people usually read one section a day. But obviously there's only 7 days in a week so the last section and the first section is read on Monday.
In the edition that Sheikh Nuh put out the Dalail is also broken into 4ths. So it can be read like that as well.

Brother Muhammad, does Shaykh Nuh advise when the Dalail should be read, like what time of the day, or any history of when the best time is to read the daily portions?

muhammadnur
05-01-2009, 04:00 PM

Brother Muhammad, does Shaykh Nuh advise when the Dalail should be read, like what time of the day, or any history of when the best time is to read the daily portions?

No particular time. But he highly encourages that it be read daily. He says that every pages indicates the wilaya of the author.

khetaghar
08-11-2009, 10:57 PM
As-salamu alaikum

Does anyone have the Arabic, English translation, and English transliteration of the Dalail al-Khayrat?

If so, please share!

Jazakallah khairun.

masalama

I hope this might help insh'Allah ;)

ENIGMA
09-11-2009, 09:15 AM
I hope this might help insh'Allah ;)

:jazak: for that.

Any chance the arabic could be added alongside the english translation with or without the transliteration,that would be spot on.

please?

The Fake Shaykh
09-11-2009, 12:14 PM
bro enigma does our ulama recomend this book? have you asked them?what was thier opinion on it? let me know inshallah

ENIGMA
09-11-2009, 12:34 PM
bro enigma does our ulama recomend this book? have you asked them?what was thier opinion on it? let me know inshallah

is that a rhetorical question?

who is 'our ulema'?

The Fake Shaykh
09-11-2009, 12:42 PM
is that a rhetorical question?

who is 'our ulema'?
ok then deobandi ulama, just wanted to know if you have talked to some and what was thier general outlook on this book, maybe you might of asked some alim you know personally and he might of said "this part is ok and this part you should avoid", i wanted to know something along them lines

enigma if you want email me and tell me

mrpahary
29-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Assalam.
Im Mr Pahary Yasser from Mauritius.
While making some research i fell on your exchange of messages concerning the Dalaailul Khayraat and i acknowledged that the Arabic text is not available.
This is why i have taken the responsibility to present it to you.
Just surf my website and you can download it from there. Go to http://dalaailulkhayraat.webs.com
Forward the message to all those interested in having a copy of the Arabic version.
Hope it will benefit all of us.
Wassalam