PDA

View Full Version : Hazrat Khizar(AS)

hole299
29-09-2007, 12:31 AM
:salam:

Does anyone know the story of Hazrat Khizar? I had heard someone talk about it in passing, about how he drank the ab-e-hayaat and is still alive and he helps people etc. I have never heard about it so was wondering if someone here could tell me in more detail about it. JazakAllah.

Saad
29-09-2007, 12:43 AM
I was recently listening go a speech by Mufti Zar Wali Khan and he mentioned that during the time of Hazrat Ibrahim [a.s], Hazrat Zulqarnain met Hazrat Khidar. Hazrat Zulqarnain told him that I have came to drink from the Aab-e-Hayaat. For some reason he was unable to drink from it and Hazrat Khidar drank from it. Mufti Sahab also mentioned that Hazrat Khidar is alive and he has met him twice. Once he gave a friday khutbah on Hazrat Khidar and after the prayers a person came up to him and told Mufti Sahab, if I tell you, who I am would you belive him. He said Hazrat Khidar thanked him for giving speech about him and also gave him some signs to show that he is actually Khidar.

adil al mujahid
29-09-2007, 01:10 AM
Was Hazrat Khidar a Prophet????

Saad
29-09-2007, 01:15 AM

Khidhr was a saintly person at the time of Musa (Álayhis salaam).

Hafiz ibnus Salaah (RA) - a great Muhaddith himself - states,

'He, Khidr (Alayhis salaam), is alive according to the majority of the Ulama and
non-Ulama as well. There are only but a few of the Muhadditheen that refute
his existence.' Imam Nawawiy (RA) has also mentioned similar to this.

(Fataawa ibnus Salaah vol.1 pg.185; Fathul Baari vol.6 pg.527)

Those who claim that Khidr (Alayhis salaam) no longer exists use the
following as their proof in argument.

1. The Aayat of the noble Qur'aan, 'And we have not granted any human
immortality.' (Ambiyaa 34). Those who believe in Khidhr's (Alayhis salaam)
existence would reply to this argument that, the existence of Khidhr
(Alayhis salaam) till this day does not necessitate him being immortal.

2. The Hadith of Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) recorded by Imaam
Bukhari (RA) and others that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said,
'None shall remain on the face of the earth from among those that are
present on the earth today - after a hundred years.' Those that believe in
his existence answer this by mentioning the position of Khidhr (Alayhis
salaam) being on the sea at that time at Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi
Wasallam) mentioned this regarding the people of the land and not the sea.

3. Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) in his Du'aa on the night of the
battle of Badr mentioned, 'Oh Allah, if you destroy this group of my
companions then there shall remain nobody on the face of the earth who will
worship you.' However, the same reply as the previous can be given.
And over and above that, it could be said that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu
Alayhi Wasallam) did not intend the literal meaning, for the fact that there
were some companions that were not present on that battlefield due to some
reason, not forgetting the women and children who would have also kept
worshipping Allah Ta'ala even after the death of these who took part in
Badr.

Furthermore, though there may be no solid Shar'ee proof for establishing his
existence, reality and time bears witness to it. Imam Nawawiy (RA)( states,
'The amount of incidents and occurrences regarding him as well as the
experiences of the pious with him are innumerable.' (Fathul Bari vol.6
pg.528)

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Moulana Muhammad ibn Moulana Haroon Abbassommar
FACULTY OF SPECIALTY IN HADITH

CHECKED AND APPROVED: Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Abdullah Ibn Adam
29-09-2007, 07:48 AM
I was recently listening go a speech by Mufti Zar Wali Khan and he mentioned that during the time of Hazrat Ibrahim [a.s], Hazrat Zulqarnain met Hazrat Khidar. Hazrat Zulqarnain told him that I have came to drink from the Aab-e-Hayaat. For some reason he was unable to drink from it and Hazrat Khidar drank from it. Mufti Sahab also mentioned that Hazrat Khidar is alive and he has met him twice. Once he gave a friday khutbah on Hazrat Khidar and after the prayers a person came up to him and told Mufti Sahab, if I tell you, who I am would you belive him. He said Hazrat Khidar thanked him for giving speech about him and also gave him some signs to show that he is actually Khidar.

SubhanAllah.. Is this Mufti still alive?

zaidf
29-09-2007, 08:05 AM
any lectures preferably english that talk about who hazrat khidar was and all about him?

Nu'ayman ibn Amr
29-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Hazrat Zulqarnain met Hazrat Khidar. Hazrat Zulqarnain told him that I have came to drink from the Aab-e-Hayaat. For some reason he was unable to drink from it and Hazrat Khidar drank from it.

Hadhrat Mufti Sa'eed Ahmad Palanpuri damat barakatuhum told us, that although this story has been related by some, it is untrue and has no basis in the Qur'an and Ahadith.

According to Hadhrat Mufti Sa'eed sahib, Hadhrat Khidar is among the Rijal al-Ghayb, or Earthly Angels (zameeni farishtay) who sometimes appear in Human form.

Tazkiyah
29-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Hazrat Khidr as can come in many forms not just one form. Our shaykh abdul karim met him in Chicago after an islamic conference and he also visited our khanqah in Manhattan. The shaykh gve us a speech if Khidr as came what would you ask him.. so he asked everyone what they would ask for .. then he said .. you should tell him your shaykh is enough for you LOL. One story related by our Mawana shaykh nazim is when he was in jamaica he was given suhbat and a rastafarin guy smelling like weed came in and asked him some questions. Whne he left Mawlana said .. do you know who that person was? He said that was Khidr as. Our grandshaykh Sh abdullah used to eat with khidr as in Damascus in Syria quite often al hamidullah.

Saad
29-09-2007, 02:13 PM
SubhanAllah.. Is this Mufti still alive?

Yes.

Saad
29-09-2007, 02:14 PM

Hadhrat Mufti Sa'eed Ahmad Palanpuri damat barakatuhum told us, that although this story has been related by some, it is untrue and has no basis in the Qur'an and Ahadith.

According to Hadhrat Mufti Sa'eed sahib, Hadhrat Khidar is among the Rijal al-Ghayb, or Earthly Angels (zameeni farishtay) who sometimes appear in Human form.

Mufti Zar Wali Khan mentioned that Aab e Hayat is mentioned in the Saheeh Muslim.

Allah knows best.

M.USAMA
02-07-2010, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=hole299;233810]:salam

please someone tell me about abe hiyat in detail

khanji
02-07-2010, 11:36 AM
assalaamu alaikum,

i saw hadrat khizr in my dream once.

ahlezikr
02-07-2010, 01:23 PM

Who are the other Mashaikh who say they have met Khidr (AS)? I have heard that he frequents Markaz Nizamuddin

saqfu
03-07-2010, 12:20 AM

Who are the other Mashaikh who say they have met Khidr (AS)? I have heard that he frequents Markaz Nizamuddin

i know 2 mashaikh, one is hazrat maulana allah yar khan r.a and the other is hazrat imam rabani mujadid alif sani r.a.

how ever i must point out that hazrat khizar is not alive. he passed away like everyone else. he was a qutbay-midar mansab and he does the jobs that angles do.

saqfu
03-07-2010, 12:22 AM

no he was a qutbay-midar mansab

ahlezikr
03-07-2010, 03:20 AM
Hazrat Khidr as can come in many forms not just one form. Our shaykh abdul karim met him in Chicago after an islamic conference and he also visited our khanqah in Manhattan. The shaykh gve us a speech if Khidr as came what would you ask him.. so he asked everyone what they would ask for .. then he said .. you should tell him your shaykh is enough for you LOL. One story related by our Mawana shaykh nazim is when he was in jamaica he was given suhbat and a rastafarin guy smelling like weed came in and asked him some questions. Whne he left Mawlana said .. do you know who that person was? He said that was Khidr as. Our grandshaykh Sh abdullah used to eat with khidr as in Damascus in Syria quite often al hamidullah.

Who is your respected Shaykh brother?

MujahidAbdullah
03-07-2010, 03:48 AM
My Sheikh regularly sits with kidhr, and I have met several talibs who have also met him and sat with him.

My Sheikh is Mubarek Ali Shah jilani.

flyingphtm
03-07-2010, 06:42 PM
So many different opinions Mashallah. I beleive the opinion of Mufti Palanpuri{DB} makes more sense to me wallahu alam. its a very facinating subject, also whoever claim to have met hadrath Kidher in these times then they become Tabaee of Hadrath Musa alyhissalam??

SY1
04-07-2010, 11:47 PM
i know 2 mashaikh, one is hazrat maulana allah yar khan r.a and the other is hazrat imam rabani mujadid alif sani r.a.

how ever i must point out that hazrat khizar is not alive. he passed away like everyone else. he was a qutbay-midar mansab and he does the jobs that angles do.

assalamu alaikum,

brother your reasoning just gets more weird by each post...

So you know that Maulana Allah Yaar Khan and Mujaddid Alfe Thani r.a have met him?? but both lived hundreds of years apart right? and unless im way of the mark Maulana Allah Yaar Khan died in the 80's? so what your saying is....he lived for thousands of years, both Maulana Allah Yaar Khan and Mujaddid Alfe Thani met him,but now he has died?

saqfu
05-07-2010, 12:27 AM
assalamu alaikum,

brother your reasoning just gets more weird by each post...

So you know that Maulana Allah Yaar Khan and Mujaddid Alfe Thani r.a have met him?? but both lived hundreds of years apart right? and unless im way of the mark Maulana Allah Yaar Khan died in the 80's? so what your saying is....he lived for thousands of years, both Maulana Allah Yaar Khan and Mujaddid Alfe Thani met him,but now he has died?

no, u seem to have a misunderstanding, hazrat khizar a.s passed away 1000s of years ago. it was his rooh that appeared in the presence of hazrat maulana allah yar khan r.a and hazrat mujadid alif sani r.a. 1. u have to understand that when a person has muraqbat, the rooh can come out of the grave and travel anywhere upto the highest muraqbat that person achieves. those people who do not have muraqbat and die, their rooh stays in their graves, but anyone who does have muraqbat can leave thier grave and travel anywhere upto the muraqbat they achieved.

for example sahibe-e-kashf people tell us that hazrat data ganj baksh r.a does not even be in his grave. his grave is empty. his rooh stays on the highest muraqbat he attained. the reason is because people worship his grave and do other sinful acts. he never comes down into his grave.

2.only people with kashf can see hazrat khizar a.s

3. hazrat mujadid alif sani r.a was writing about hazrat khizar a.s when his rooh appeared before him. he told hazrat mujadid alif sani r.a, that he is a qutbay midar mansab and that at that time the qutbay midar was in yemen and that he spends time with him.

3. once hazrat maulana allah yar khan r.a was sitting with his mureed when someone asked him about hazrat khizar a.s, hazrat khizar a.s suddenly appeared b4 hazrat maulana allh yar kahn r.a. hazrat maulana allah yar khan r.a said he is standing right here ask him whatever u want. another time one of hazrat maulana allah yar khans r.a mureed asked him about hazrat khizar a.s and he replied that hazrat khizar a.s spent some time with me to gain faiyz but now he is with someone else.

remember that both hazrat maulana allah yar khan r.a and hazrat mujadid alif sani r.a had kashf, thats how they were able to see hazrat khizar a.s

SY1
05-07-2010, 05:48 PM
remember that both hazrat maulana allah yar khan r.a and hazrat mujadid alif sani r.a had kashf, thats how they were able to see hazrat khizar a.s

So all the people in this thread who claim to have seen him in person are telling lies?? as you say Maulana Allah Yaar Khan has met his rooh and the mureed couldnt see him only Maulana Allah Yaar Khan could. So the claims that people are making in this thread about him appearing in person are???

saqfu
05-07-2010, 09:56 PM
So all the people in this thread who claim to have seen him in person are telling lies?? as you say Maulana Allah Yaar Khan has met his rooh and the mureed couldnt see him only Maulana Allah Yaar Khan could. So the claims that people are making in this thread about him appearing in person are???

i stated b4 and will sate again, that hazrat khizar a.s passed away 1000s of years ago. i my self am baffled as to where muslims get this idea that he is alive. it is his rooh that appears before people when i said it is only through kashf that u can see him, i will take this claim back, as i am not too sure now my self.

2ndly when i read that hazrat khizar a.s appeared b4 hazrat mualana allah yar khan r.a infront of his mureed, according to what i understand is that not all of the mureed were able to see him, only those who had kashf could see him, if all the mureed saw him, the book would have stated it.

MujahidAbdullah
05-07-2010, 10:51 PM
When Khidher (AS) vistis my Sheikh, all the talibs around also see him, and the ones who I have spoke to who witnessed Khidhr in the flesh and blood, even shook his hand, do not have khasf. They even made salaat behind him, now I dont know if there is a shari ruling regarding making salaat behind the rooh of an individual, but I would venture a guess and say that the Ruh of a person can not LEAD the salaat, I dont know though, I would feel strange posting a question like that on AskImam.com.

Abdul_Wali
06-07-2010, 06:11 AM
When Khidher (AS) vistis my Sheikh, all the talibs around also see him, and the ones who I have spoke to who witnessed Khidhr in the flesh and blood, even shook his hand, do not have khasf. They even made salaat behind him, now I dont know if there is a shari ruling regarding making salaat behind the rooh of an individual, but I would venture a guess and say that the Ruh of a person can not LEAD the salaat, I dont know though, I would feel strange posting a question like that on AskImam.com.

what do they say about how he looked/what he wore?

MujahidAbdullah
06-07-2010, 07:00 AM
they said he looked like an average older Pakistani man - shawar qamees, chedah, and green imama.

They could tell he was a Sheikh or a pious individual of somekind, but not all of tehm knew he was kidhr until the Sheikh told them.

They knew he was a very important individual from the way the Sheikh received him in his own house, Our Sheikh has had many attempts on his life in the last decade and does not receive uninvited visitors.

Dawud Israel
06-07-2010, 07:06 AM
I don't intend to sound arrogant or skeptical nor do I want to undermine the sanctity of his personage, with this question, yet I must ask: does anyone have photographs of him (alayhi salam) or could even share them?

I understand from what has been said about the possibility of his taking many forms, but nonetheless I am curious to see if photographs of him exist. It would be very, very... :)

dr76
09-07-2010, 10:08 AM
they said he looked like an average older Pakistani man - shawar qamees, chedah, and green imama.

They could tell he was a Sheikh or a pious individual of somekind, but not all of tehm knew he was kidhr until the Sheikh told them.

They knew he was a very important individual from the way the Sheikh received him in his own house, Our Sheikh has had many attempts on his life in the last decade and does not receive uninvited visitors.

Assalam alaikum w.w...

Associate ' Pakistani ' with Khidhr and u may have it from sis Idl.. she may already have heared the 'p' word by now.. so watchout..

dr76
09-07-2010, 02:45 PM
when khidher (as) vistis my sheikh, all the talibs around also see him, and the ones who i have spoke to who witnessed khidhr in the flesh and blood, even shook his hand, do not have khasf. They even made salaat behind him, now i dont know if there is a shari ruling regarding making salaat behind the rooh of an individual, but i would venture a guess and say that the ruh of a person can not lead the salaat, i dont know though, i would feel strange posting a question like that on askimam.com.

Assalam alaikum w.w...

whats the chain of ur shaikh bro..I mean the silsila.. and what mamulaat.. zikr.. awrad ..ashghal does he prescribe..
as regarding to hazrat khidr I guess many ppl r looking out for him.. two weeks back i visited Markaz nizamuddin in Delhi.. well i was about to enter the hall downstairs when i felt someone grabbing my hand from the side and pressing my thumb..when i turned hez giving me a funny smile and shaking hands with me..then I realised hez on look for Hazrat khdir..
well sadly.. neither im green or look out of the place.. or have an elastic thumb..
do u know brother any specific sign to look out for him.. pressing someones thumb randomly doesnt look good after all..

saqfu
09-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Assalam alaikum w.w...

Associate ' Pakistani ' with Khidhr and u may have it from sis Idl.. she may already have heared the 'p' word by now.. so watchout..

lol! what happened to sis idl anyway?

dr76
09-07-2010, 04:04 PM
lol! what happened to sis idl anyway?

as far many riwayaats go.. she spends much of her time in Sf jail..

a_muslim
09-07-2010, 09:06 PM
There's a short discussion on this thread too: http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?56052-How-does-quot-Khidr-being-alive-quot-fit-with-our-belief-of-Khaatm-al-Nabiyyeena&p=459527&viewfull=1#post459527

I posted this there, just thought i'd share it here too:

I heard a story a few days ago from a teacher who is a former student of Jamia Binnoria and thought I'd just share it. He said that his teacher, Dr. Abdur Razzaq Iskandari once told them a story that he was with his Shaikh in Makkah and they wanted to do tawaaf but it was too crowded. Suddenly they saw a man dressed in white who came and stayed with them throughout the tawaaf and making it extremely easy for them. After the tawaf was completed, he was out of sight. The people with the Shaykh asked him whether he knew who that person was, and he replied that he was Khidr .

peer rizwan badshah
10-07-2010, 12:30 AM
salams is ure peer from sialkot

peer rizwan badshah
10-07-2010, 12:31 AM
My Sheikh regularly sits with kidhr, and I have met several talibs who have also met him and sat with him.

My Sheikh is Mubarek Ali Shah jilani.

MujahidAbdullah
10-07-2010, 01:58 AM

No, Lahore