PDA

View Full Version : Perform All your kaza Prayers in an easy way

annas84
13-01-2008, 03:43 AM
Perform All your kaza Prayers in an easy way
After faith, Namaz is the next pillar of Islam. About it will be asked about first thing on the day of Qayamat, so pray namaz and also do the ones that you have missed for you do not know how long your life is in this world. We should seek pardon from the Namaz that we have missed, promise to pray namaz on time.. We should find out the namaz we have missed and try to complete the ones missed in the lifetime after reaching puberty (approx after12 years old)

For everyday 20 rakaaten 2 farz fajar, 4 farz zuhar, 4 farz asar, 3 farz maghrib, 4 farz isha aur 3 witr.

Most Desirable is to pray as appropriate as we normally do but in order to perform maximum prayers at the earliest Ulema has allowed the shortened method to offer prayers. After Namaz-e-Asar aur namaz-e-Fajr no nawafil can be read so if we offer kaza prayers after fajr and asr prayers and ppl will easily understand we r offering kaza prayers which is not right as revealing sin of not offering prayers at its time consequently offering kaza will be sin as well, if one wants to perform kaza prayers do it secretly. Here is the shortened method of prayer

Make intention of prayers as the first/last prayers remaining kaza on me then u may leave thana, Auzubillah & bismillah directly goto Surah Fatiha then any soorat only read once the tasbeeh of ruku and sajda instead of 3 time.

In 3rd & 4th rakat instead of surah fatiha, just read thrice SubhanAllah SubhanAllah SubhanAllah then ruku.
In last rakaat after Attahiyaat read "Allahumma Salle ala muhammadin" then do salaam. Leave Durood-e-Ibrahimi and Dua.

In the 3rd rakat of Witr read Alhumd shareef followed by any surat and then read 3 times Allahummaghfirli ya Rabbighfirliii yaa Rabbana Aa'tina fiddunia hasana ............azaabannaaaar instead of Dua-e-Qunoot then read rest of namaz in the method as described earlier

I suggest you ppl to offer your Kaza prayers in Ramadan instead of the nafil as reward of farz will be 70 times more. plz dont hesitate to contact if you have any questions

talibulilm
13-01-2008, 04:54 AM
I have a question:

Isn't al-fatihah required in all the rak'aat in the hanafi mathhab, unless one is following an imam?

al_islam
13-01-2008, 04:59 AM
How can you say that Full atahiyyat is not needed in the 4rth Rakaat ?

faisal-uk
13-01-2008, 07:14 AM
brother annas84,

who informed you of this method and do you have any proof to confirm this method?
:jazak:

not known
13-01-2008, 07:54 AM
i too heard of this method but i would love to know how its possible.

what i was doing for qaza prayer is reading all sunnaths(excluding sunnath-e-muqeda) and nawafil doing niyyath of qaza. i cleared this issue from an alim. but not the above mentioned by brother. inshallah i will know about this one also.

al_Zayn
13-01-2008, 11:29 AM
I have a question:

Isn't al-fatihah required in all the rak'aat in the hanafi mathhab, unless one is following an imam?

:salam:

in Fardh Salah, Surah Fatiha is Sunnah in the 3rd and 4th rakats. but in the Sunnah Salah all four Rakats it is Wajib.

Faisal Uk,

What Brother Annas posted is the fastest way to do the Qadha Salah..comnbining all the Faraidh and Wujoob and doing them...

:ws:

annas84
14-01-2008, 05:23 AM
i wrote after reading attahiyaat from plzz check again and prove it if this is wrong i have understood it from mufti then posted here

annas84
14-01-2008, 05:27 AM
Kaza Namaz parhne ka asan tareeqa
Assalam-0-alaiqum,

Iman laane k baad islam ka doosra eham rukun namaz hai, Qayamat k din bhi pehla sawaal namaz ka hi hoga hum ko chahiye k hum apni namaz jitni hum per kaza hain jald se jald ada kar len zindagi ka kya bharosa Abhi hai agle lamhe nahi

Waise To afzal aur aula yehi hai k tamam namazon ko poore tareeqe se parh len per humare nafs per yeh mushkil lage ga is liye kam waqt mei zada se zada namaz ada karne k liye Ulema Hazraat ne Namazon mei takhfeef ki ijazat di hai taa'ke hum apni zindagi ki namazen jo apni kotaahi ya sharayi majboori k bina ada na kar paye the.

Pehle to hum ko apni kotahi per toba karni chahiye k hum ne kitni namazen nahi parhi ya kaza kardein dil mei pakka irada karen k Ainda inshallah koi namaz kaza na hogiii aur puraani bhi inshallah poori ada karen ge, hum ko pehle hisaab lagaana hoga humaare zimme kitni namazen baaqi hain, is k liye ghalib gumaan karna hoga k 12 saal ki umer se aajtak kitne saal hue, phir un mei se kitne saal ki namazen ada nahi kien aik sal do sal jab ghalib gumaan hojaye k han k buhat se buhat itni to namazenn hongi is se kam ho sakti hain zada nahi to phir aahista aahista ada karna shuru karen

hum per Aik din ki 20 rakaten banen gi 2 farz fajar, 4 farz zuhar, 4 farz asar, 3 farz maghrib, 4 farz isha aur 3 witr.

aik baar hisaab laga liya k kitni namazen humaare zimme baaqi hain phir jaise sahoolat ho ada kar leni chahiye per aik baat ka khayal rakhna chahiye k kissi k saamne kaza namaz ada na karen, Namaz-e-Asar aur namaz-e-Fajr parhne k baad koi nawafil ada nahi kiye jaa sakte to ager aap sab k saamne ada karoge to her koi samajh jaye ga k aap kaza namaz parh rahe ho

Neeyat is tarah karen k Mai khaas Allah taa'le k liye apne zimme sab se pehli(Yaa sab se aakhri) kaza namaz-e-Fajer ki do rakat farz ki neeyat karta hoon. Aap chahen to aik namaz ko poora karlen pehle jaise saari fajer kiii yaa aik aik din ki poori poori jis tarah sahoolat ho aap ko takbeer k baad Sana na parhen, Auzubillah, bismillah chhor den aur direct Surah Fatiha parhen phir us k baad koi bhi soorat milayen phir ruku aur sajda ki tasbeeh 3 bar k bajaye sirf aik bar parhen faraaiz ki teesri aur chauthi rakat mei surah fatiha ki jaga sirf teen bar SubhanAllah SubhanAllah SubhanAllah parh k ruku mei chalen jayen, akhri rakat mei Attahiyaat parhne k baad itna parhen "Allahumma Salle ala muhammadin" itna keh k salaam pher den Durood-e-Ibrahimi aur Dua chhor den.

Witr ki teesri rakat mei Alhumd shareef k baad surat milayen aur phir Dua-e-Qunoot ki jaga Sirf teen bar keh den Allahummaghfirli ya Rabbighfirliii yaa Rabbana Aa'tina fiddunia hasana ............azaabannaaaar phir baaqi namaz bataye gaye tareeqe se parh lein

is tarah hum jaldi jaldi apne zimme tamam kaza namazen ada kar saken ge, mera to aap sab logon ko mashwara yeh hai k aap log jaisa k jaante hain k Ramadan mei nafil ka sawaab farz jitna aur farz ka 70 farz k baraber to kyun na Ramadan mei nafil parhne k bajaaye hum apni kaza namazen ada karen aur zada se zada sawaab k saath saath apni namazen bhi poori karlen

ager kissi ko tareeqe se mutaa'liq sawaal hai to plz dont hesitate

asharehman
05-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Assaalamualikum

I just want to know can you provide me a link to where you have found this info about reading namaz easily.

Thanks

Colonel_Hardstone
05-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Asslamo Allaikum,

Scholarly Consensus on making up Salah:

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=4746&CATE=103

How to Calculate Years of Missed Paryers (For Women):

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=9917&CATE=3600

Making up Wi'tr Prayer:

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=1083&CATE=4

Best way to perform Qaza Salah:

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.php?askid=784292da53e5dc892a2f3205b301feff

I can't read the Urdu JPEG's which are posted though.

The_Humble_One
07-02-2008, 04:57 AM
Salam, this is a good post. And as Hanafis you can take advantage of :D

I heard that for dua-qunut we can just read "rabighfirli" three times. True?

Sunni_Student786
07-02-2008, 05:44 PM
After faith, Namaz is the next pillar of Islam. About it will be asked about first thing on the day of Qayamat, so pray namaz and also do the ones that you have missed for you do not know how long your life is in this world. We should seek pardon from the Namaz that we have missed, promise to pray namaz on time.. We should find out the namaz we have missed and try to complete the ones missed in the lifetime after reaching puberty (approx after12 years old)

For everyday 20 rakaaten 2 farz fajar, 4 farz zuhar, 4 farz asar, 3 farz maghrib, 4 farz isha aur 3 witr.

Most Desirable is to pray as appropriate as we normally do but in order to perform maximum prayers at the earliest Ulema has allowed the shortened method to offer prayers. After Namaz-e-Asar aur namaz-e-Fajr no nawafil can be read so if we offer kaza prayers after fajr and asr prayers and ppl will easily understand we r offering kaza prayers which is not right as revealing sin of not offering prayers at its time consequently offering kaza will be sin as well, if one wants to perform kaza prayers do it secretly. Here is the shortened method of prayer

Make intention of prayers as the first/last prayers remaining kaza on me then u may leave thana, Auzubillah & bismillah directly goto Surah Fatiha then any soorat only read once the tasbeeh of ruku and sajda instead of 3 time.

In 3rd & 4th rakat instead of surah fatiha, just read thrice SubhanAllah SubhanAllah SubhanAllah then ruku.
In last rakaat after Attahiyaat read "Allahumma Salle ala muhammadin" then do salaam. Leave Durood-e-Ibrahimi and Dua.

In the 3rd rakat of Witr read Alhumd shareef followed by any surat and then read 3 times Allahummaghfirli ya Rabbighfirliii yaa Rabbana Aa'tina fiddunia hasana ............azaabannaaaar instead of Dua-e-Qunoot then read rest of namaz in the method as described earlier

I suggest you ppl to offer your Kaza prayers in Ramadan instead of the nafil as reward of farz will be 70 times more. plz dont hesitate to contact if you have any questions

Can any of our Ulema comment on whether or not this is correct?

abuhajira
07-02-2008, 06:16 PM

We pray for Allah swt..alone.. It is our duty that we pray as he likes it... And it is His haq that his right is duly fulfilled.

The above method is prescribed by Khan Saheb barelvi.. I cannot say for all the aspects in it but most are correct.. BUT

Consider this... Since you are limiting Allah's haq to bare minimum required in the Salah to be valid... What if (or how would you feel if) Allah also limits your favours to bare minimum required.

While you could eat a whole plate of biryani, you only get few morsals as that is what barely required by your body...

How about sitting in an examination and just writing 50% of the questions.. hoping ALL of them will be correct and you will just pass.. then how about praying just enough for your excercise to be called Salah.. and that too with the faint hope that it might be accepted...

Also consider the spirituality ... what spirituality will there be in your Salah if you lower the tasbeehaat etc.. just to over come the wajib qadhaa of the salaah WHILE that wajib will be hopefully forgiven even if continue to strive throughout your life to pray them properly ...

In view of these it will still be better for one to offer full qadhaa rather an abreviated Salah ...

muslima2507
02-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Mashallah the above is sumt to think about! I would like to add that by reading our qazas were not doing any favours on allah(because hes not dependant on our prayers) rather were doing a favour on our selves so shouldnt we be trying to pray as much as we can in the salah to make up for the missed salah rather than tryin to shorten it?

annas84
23-11-2008, 07:06 AM
i have read ur comments some in favour some against but believe me this is now the only place i have put these on i have done so on other sites too and they appreciated it and confirmed it Alhumdulillah and if some one still has any doubt what so ever i am gonna put forward a book link u can confirm from there the only thing done is what ever is required without which prayer is incomplete has been done and rest is the same

sorry for my poor english

annas84
23-11-2008, 07:22 AM
in urdu

http://library.faizaneattar.net/Books/index.php?id=11

in english

http://library.faizaneattar.net/Books/index.php?id=315

Adeel bin Minhaj
23-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Consider this... Since you are limiting Allah's haq to bare minimum required in the Salah to be valid... What if (or how would you feel if) Allah also limits your favours to bare minimum required.

While you could eat a whole plate of biryani, you only get few morsals as that is what barely required by your body...

How about sitting in an examination and just writing 50% of the questions.. hoping ALL of them will be correct and you will just pass.. then how about praying just enough for your excercise to be called Salah.. and that too with the faint hope that it might be accepted...

:subh:

What a nice analogy. May Allah :taala: grant you Jannat ul Firdous Ameen :insh:.

If that does not give people incentive to read the full namaz, I dont know what will?

We should not look for shortcuts, in my opinion.

abdulwahhab
23-11-2008, 01:06 PM
in urdu

http://library.faizaneattar.net/Books/index.php?id=11

in english

http://library.faizaneattar.net/Books/index.php?id=315

For some reason, I am not surprised that such short cuts are found on Barelvi websites.

Abu Muhsin
23-11-2008, 01:08 PM
For some reason, I am not surprised that such short cuts are found on Barelvi websites.

Such "shortcuts" are valid. It is not the best way, but it's better than nothing. What is the reason to be hard on those who really struggle.

abdulwahhab
23-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Such "shortcuts" are valid. It is not the best way, but it's better than nothing. What is the reason to be hard on those who really struggle.

Valid or not (as there are many things that are valid yet makrooh or disliked), I would have thought that a group that claimed to love the Prophet (saw) more than anyone else would tell people to observe the sunnah and not omit it.

bugmenot
23-11-2008, 01:15 PM
agreed, may ALlah preserve you all.

Abu Muhsin
23-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Valid or not (as there are many things that are valid yet makrooh or disliked), I would have thought that a group that claimed to love the Prophet (saw) more than anyone else would tell people to observe the sunnah and not omit it.

No scholar that I know of ever said that this is the best of ways. Rather they make it easy for their followers when felt necessary. You see some people see the qadha as a great burden, and offering them an easy way to perform them might serve as great motivation, and instead of offering zero qadha, they now offer several qadha a day. There is nothing "cool" about being rigid and strict with those who struggle to keep up with their duties. Rather we should have mercy on eachother.

abdulwahhab
23-11-2008, 06:49 PM
No scholar that I know of ever said that this is the best of ways. Rather they make it easy for their followers when felt necessary. You see some people see the qadha as a great burden, and offering them an easy way to perform them might serve as great motivation, and instead of offering zero qadha, they now offer several qadha a day. There is nothing "cool" about being rigid and strict with those who struggle to keep up with their duties. Rather we should have mercy on eachother.

Yes, I agree (partially), but it only seems somewhat hypocritical to me that such avenues be presented by those who claim to have a monopoly on love for the Prophet (saw). As brother Abu Hajira said above, this prayer may be an ease of a burden for some, but it is still very much devoid of spirituality than a salah with sunnah. Do you not think many ulama are aware of this method? Why do you think most ulama do not mention these short cuts, even though they may help others? Many people do not even know what make up the faraidh of wudhu so they perform as complete a wudhu as possible, not knowing what is sunnah and what is fardh, which is better for them.

Hamza81
24-11-2008, 03:10 AM

Asalaam wr wb, Salah will be the first thing we are asked about on the day of qiyamah and it is said if our salah is right then everything will be right for us in our reckoning but if our salah is wrong then we will find problems!Salah is also the most rewarding of good deeds and also one of the most important of obligations for us all as muslims to fulfill and it definatley should not be taken lightly!

I fully agree with Brother Abu Ata'allah in that some people do see it as a great burden and that causes one to pro crastinate(Where one wants to complete something but one's mind ends delaying it and making any excuse to delay it until eventually its too late or very last minute)

Brother Abdul wahab there is no wisdom in your rigid approach to inviting people towards the best way to do things in deen!If we want people to change their views or to see the light or for Allah to open their hearts then We should use hikmah and beautiful preaching for our tone should be friendly and inviting and full of wisdom. For the almighty lord tells us in the Qur'an:

"Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: For thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance. (The Noble Quran, 16:125)"

Hadith: Indeed allah is gentle and loves gentleness and gives due to gentleness that which he does not give to harshness. (Ibn Majah)

Abu Hurairah t narrated that the Prophet said, “A believer is friendly, and there is no good in one who is neither friendly nor is treated in a friendly way.” (Tirmidhi 4995; and Ahmad)

There are differing views of scholars in regards to making up for missed salah and i think the reason that there is no mention in the sunnah of it being fard is because it is a test for us muslims to see whether or not we will try to pay back our debts to Allah in regards to our missed salah or will we leave it and take the easy route out!For is it not sign of imaan that we have concern for our missed salah and want to at least try and make up for it and make allah happier with us!For one of the signs of imaan is that we have concern when we sin and happiness when we do good acts!

Wouldnt Allah be much happier with his slaves if we were to try our best to make up for the salah's we missed and if we died in the process then Allah the most merciful and compassionate would definately have mercy on us inshallah that his slaves at least had concern about they're missed salah and tried their best to make up for it once they realised! Allah's mercy is much greater than his anger!

"O those of My servants who have transgressed against your own selves, despair not of God's mercy. God does forgive all sins, for surely He is the most forgiving most merciful one." (39:53)

But that does not mean that weshould sometimes purposely miss our salah when it is not convenient for us and think that oh Allah will forgive us!For the exalted knows what is in our hearts and he says:

"Woe unto the worshippers who are heedless of their prayers,''

It is upto the individual whether they want to take the easier route to make up the missed salah or not because there has to be easier ways of making up past qadha, especially for some people it may take them several years to make up all their qadha and if their old and frail or have health problems then it is a massive task for that person! and allah never burdens a person with more than they can handle!
If a person wants to do qadha the long way around then all the better for them! For Allah is the one that forgives and rewards and every action shall be judged by its intention!

But we have to learn from our mistakes and not repeat the past again by missing salah's or even missing salah's for little reason's like work or travel etc Because Islam makes everything easy for us and never burdens us! Islam has the answer to everything including how to pray in whatever situation were in!
For we should revolve our life around our salah not revolve our salah around our life!

May allah help us all to fulfill our obligations to him and may he forgive us if we failed to fulfill any of our obligations in our lifetimes! Ameen

SisterinDeenalHaq
24-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Aslamo Alaikum wr wb

mashAllah amazing post above...

Jazak Allah Khair to all for their opnion

May Allah SWT unite us all and guide us all on sirat al mustaqeem
Ameen

Fe amanillahi Karim
Sister in Deen al Haq

yas245
24-11-2008, 11:28 PM
Can we make up prayers at any time including the forbidden times???

Brother E1
25-11-2008, 12:10 AM
I was under the impression, and heard this from quite a few people, qaza prayer is compensated by the nafil and tahajud salah you should perform constantly in your lifetime.

abdulwahhab
25-11-2008, 02:50 AM
Asalaam wr wb, Salah will be the first thing we are asked about on the day of qiyamah and it is said if our salah is right then everything will be right for us in our reckoning but if our salah is wrong then we will find problems!Salah is also the most rewarding of good deeds and also one of the most important of obligations for us all as muslims to fulfill and it definatley should not be taken lightly!

I fully agree with Brother Abu Ata'allah in that some people do see it as a great burden and that causes one to pro crastinate(Where one wants to complete something but one's mind ends delaying it and making any excuse to delay it until eventually its too late or very last minute)

Brother Abdul wahab there is no wisdom in your rigid approach to inviting people towards the best way to do things in deen!If we want people to change their views or to see the light or for Allah to open their hearts then We should use hikmah and beautiful preaching for our tone should be friendly and inviting and full of wisdom. For the almighty lord tells us in the Qur'an:

"Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: For thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance. (The Noble Quran, 16:125)"

Hadith: Indeed allah is gentle and loves gentleness and gives due to gentleness that which he does not give to harshness. (Ibn Majah)

Abu Hurairah t narrated that the Prophet said, “A believer is friendly, and there is no good in one who is neither friendly nor is treated in a friendly way.” (Tirmidhi 4995; and Ahmad)

There are differing views of scholars in regards to making up for missed salah and i think the reason that there is no mention in the sunnah of it being fard is because it is a test for us muslims to see whether or not we will try to pay back our debts to Allah in regards to our missed salah or will we leave it and take the easy route out!For is it not sign of imaan that we have concern for our missed salah and want to at least try and make up for it and make allah happier with us!For one of the signs of imaan is that we have concern when we sin and happiness when we do good acts!

Wouldnt Allah be much happier with his slaves if we were to try our best to make up for the salah's we missed and if we died in the process then Allah the most merciful and compassionate would definately have mercy on us inshallah that his slaves at least had concern about they're missed salah and tried their best to make up for it once they realised! Allah's mercy is much greater than his anger!

"O those of My servants who have transgressed against your own selves, despair not of God's mercy. God does forgive all sins, for surely He is the most forgiving most merciful one." (39:53)

But that does not mean that weshould sometimes purposely miss our salah when it is not convenient for us and think that oh Allah will forgive us!For the exalted knows what is in our hearts and he says:

"Woe unto the worshippers who are heedless of their prayers,''

It is upto the individual whether they want to take the easier route to make up the missed salah or not because there has to be easier ways of making up past qadha, especially for some people it may take them several years to make up all their qadha and if their old and frail or have health problems then it is a massive task for that person! and allah never burdens a person with more than they can handle!
If a person wants to do qadha the long way around then all the better for them! For Allah is the one that forgives and rewards and every action shall be judged by its intention!

But we have to learn from our mistakes and not repeat the past again by missing salah's or even missing salah's for little reason's like work or travel etc Because Islam makes everything easy for us and never burdens us! Islam has the answer to everything including how to pray in whatever situation were in!
For we should revolve our life around our salah not revolve our salah around our life!

May allah help us all to fulfill our obligations to him and may he forgive us if we failed to fulfill any of our obligations in our lifetimes! Ameen

Brother I may have come across as rigid in my approach (this wasn't my intention) but my question remains unanswered and a valid one. Why do you think most ulama do NOT mention short cuts for most things? They either mention the best method or a practical method, but never a short cut method. Yes, if you know a shorter method, you should do it if you're strained for time or something else of this nature where the other option would force you to forego the salah entirely but you're still missing out on the thawab of the sunnah and as I said, doing something over and over makes it the norm; so even when a person has a lot of free time, he is bound to take the shortcut method, missing out on the spiritual nature of salah. It is only human nature.

I was under the impression, and heard this from quite a few people, qaza prayer is compensated by the nafil and tahajud salah you should perform constantly in your lifetime.
This is incorrect. When you perform qadha salah, your niyyah should be of performing qadha salah, not nafl salah.

Abu Muhsin
25-11-2008, 01:03 PM

Well, to be honest - ulama shouldn't even have to mention it.
It's from the fard to know what makes a valid salah and what does not.

wassalam

Brother E1
25-11-2008, 06:09 PM
So say someone is 60-years old and he hardly ever prayed. Does he have to make up 45-years + salah in the remaining years of his life?

The same goes for zakah. Say someone never gave zakah and came back to the straight path 40-years later. Is he suppose to sell his house and become a beggar after paying all his zakah? What happens if he has no more money?

Yes fardh is fardh, but the past is the past, and the question is: how do you work out what out how much qaza salah you should perform and give in zakah payment if you have years of missed salah and zakah? If you say every salah MUST be performed and ALL the zakah you have missed must be paid, then this would drive a man to madness resulting in him neglecting his other responsibilities around family, work, dawah, etc.

bugmenot
25-11-2008, 06:59 PM
brother E1 it is the consensus of the scholars that one has to catch up the missed salah, and bear in mind that every possible hint to answer the question was looked for entirely before, so many competent 'ulama throughout history agreed on the matter.

So a discussion in an internet thread holds no weight against a jamhuri view which includes the likes of An Nawawi (:rahim:) and many, many others.

abulayl
25-11-2008, 07:06 PM
So say someone is 60-years old and he hardly ever prayed. Does he have to make up 45-years + salah in the remaining years of his life?

The same goes for zakah. Say someone never gave zakah and came back to the straight path 40-years later. Is he suppose to sell his house and become a beggar after paying all his zakah? What happens if he has no more money?

Yes fardh is fardh, but the past is the past, and the question is: how do you work out what out how much qaza salah you should perform and give in zakah payment if you have years of missed salah and zakah? If you say every salah MUST be performed and ALL the zakah you have missed must be paid, then this would drive a man to madness resulting in him neglecting his other responsibilities around family, work, dawah, etc.

Brother let them old man praying salah. What if he couldn´t pray even 10 rakah nafl salah? is 10 rakah nafl salaf enough for all kaza?

What is the rule about fasting? do you have to do kaza? only Brother E1 answers it inshallah.

confusedmuslim
25-11-2008, 07:19 PM

Making up your missed prayers isn't that hard, as mentioned in the first post, just do a make up after every fard prayer and eventually you will meet your goal. Many people who have a lot of making up to do, do it. Not to mention that many people with jobs, family, and everything perform lots of nawafil, so making up a prayer after every fard salah shouldn't be a problem. Keep in mind that there is no obligation in making up the sunnats, just all the fard (ie 2 rakat fard of fajr, 4 rakat fard of zuhr etc.) It should be done by making up for a fajr prayer after the obligatory one and so forth. So you should make up a zuhr prayer after zuhr, asr after asr and so forth. As a matter of fact I don't think it is allowed to make up a prayer after zuhr, for example, that isn't zuhr. Maybe someone else could clarify this. You also have to make up for the witr prayers that were missed as well. Just make niyyat before each qaza which salah you are making up for. I'm just wondering though, what happens if you have no idea how many you missed and when? What is your niyyat in this case?

Brother E1
25-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Brother let them old man praying salah. What if he couldn´t pray even 10 rakah nafl salah? is 10 rakah nafl salaf enough for all kaza?

What is the rule about fasting? do you have to do kaza? only Brother E1 answers it inshallah.

And neither would 10 rakah of kazah salah cover a lifetime of missed prayer. What then?

Qaza-fasting has been VERY clearly outlined in the shariah. If you miss a fast you do 60 fasts, and if for good reason you can't (i.e. ill health) you can instead feed 60 people two meals each (I think).

confusedmuslim
25-11-2008, 07:26 PM

Making up your missed prayers isn't that hard, as mentioned in the first post, just do a make up after every fard prayer and eventually you will meet your goal. Many people who have a lot of making up to do, do it. Not to mention that many people with jobs, family, and everything perform lots of nawafil, so making up a prayer after every fard salah shouldn't be a problem. Keep in mind that there is no obligation in making up the sunnats, just all the fard (ie 2 rakat fard of fajr, 4 rakat fard of zuhr etc.) It should be done by making up for a fajr prayer after the obligatory one and so forth. So you should make up a zuhr prayer after zuhr, asr after asr and so forth. As a matter of fact I don't think it is allowed to make up a prayer after zuhr, for example, that isn't zuhr. Maybe someone else could clarify this. You also have to make up for the witr prayers that were missed as well. Just make niyyat before each qaza which salah you are making up for. I'm just wondering though, what happens if you have no idea how many you missed and when? What is your niyyat in this case?

I should say it isn't hard at all since all you're doing is performing a make-up after every fard salah! Isha after Isha and of course witr after witr. I think in that case you would do Isha and witr after Isha, sunnah, and witr is prayed. ALso keep in mind that if you have prayers to make up, instead of praying nawafil, qaza prayers should be prayed in place of those nawafil of course praying those qaza in respect to the time, that is if you pray ishraq for example do a fajr make-up instead and so forth.

abulayl
25-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Qaza-fasting has been VERY clearly outlined in the shariah. If you miss a fast you do 60 fasts, and if for good reason you can't (i.e. ill health) you can instead feed 60 people two meals each (I think).

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever forgets a prayer, let him offer it as soon as he remembers, for there is no expiation for it other than that.”

EDIT:Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Whoever forgets a prayer, let him offer it as soon as he remembers, for there is no expiation for it other than that” mean: nothing will make up for it except a prayer like it, and he does not have to do anything else.

1. Having Hadeeths that only state that whoever misses a Salah out of forgetfulness is obligated to make up the Salah while not mentioning those who leaves it deliberatly is a known Asil that is called " التنبيه بالأدنى علىالأعلى" . This method is mentioned in the Quran as in when Allah says: ولا تقل". Based on this, whoever misses the Salah deliberatly is obliagted to make up for the missed salah.

2. Al-Bukhari documented in his Sahih that Ibn Abbas (رضي الله عنه) reported that a man came to Allah's Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم) and said: O Allah's Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم), My mother passed a way and she ought to have fasted one month (for her missed Ramadan). Shall I fast on her behalf? The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) replied: "Allah's debt have more right to be paid" . This proves the fact that whatever you miss from obligatory acts is a debt that has to be paid. The same applies on missed Salah despite of the reasons that made a person missing it.

The Hadeeths that show that praying the Salah after its time pass indicate that the correctness of salah requires that the time of this salah pass. therefore, if the Salah offered anytime after its particular begining time begins then it is valid. However, those who offer it after the end of its normal time will sin while those who missed out of a valid excuse will not.

The hadeeths that states a person can pray after the end of its normal time for those who did it out of forgetfulness match the Hadeeths that we used to have Qiyaas on that Salah is a debt that has to be paid even if its time pass.

So, we agree that obligations are not lifted in spite of the reasons that led to it. Not fasting Ramdan can be either deliberatly or due to an excuse but both ways people need to fast it although the former will sin while the later will not. The same applies on the Salah. That is why Allah's Messenger called fasting is a debt and that means things we have to do and Salah is the same.

Last point: There is an Ijmaa' that it is obligatory to make up the Salah whether it was out of laziness or in purpose [This has been transmitted by Al-Nawawi] [I know that very few scholars saiod otherwise but they said it after transmitting the Ijmaa', wallahu A'lam]. The dispute occured on whether the Salah that a person did not pray in purpose will be accepted if he make it up. The evidences shows he it is accepted. As a result, those who stayed years not praying must make up for it. If a person could not tell the period he spent not praying then let him estimate it and add more to it to be in the safe side.

Anyhow, since there is an Ijmaa' then let who argues otherwise to prove so. =)

Start to pray, dont be afraid how much we left. let start today. May Allah give us tawfiq.

If a person has intention to be a hafiz, but he dies before becoming hafiz , Allah will let him stand in the group of hafiz. If i start to pray all kaza prayers and i die, Inshallah Allah will let me stand up with those who never missed their prayers.

Abu Muhsin
25-11-2008, 11:00 PM

As the majority of the Hanabila consider the person who leaves prayer to be a kafir, how can we say that there is ijma? Rather it is more likely referring to the particular math-hab in question.

Many if not most of the people who leave prayer all together are kuffar as per my understanding. Not that leaving it is kufr, rather that they often hold kufr beliefs along with it. It's usually the jahils who do it. Now I can't speak for other parts of the world, but atleast in the Western hemisphere.

So, would a kafir be obliged to make up what he missed once he becomes a Muslim again(?)?

wassalam

Brother E1
25-11-2008, 11:16 PM

As the majority of the Hanabila consider the person who leaves prayer to be a kafir, how can we say that there is ijma? Rather it is more likely referring to the particular math-hab in question.

Many if not most of the people who leave prayer all together are kuffar as per my understanding. Not that leaving it is kufr, rather that they often hold kufr beliefs along with it. It's usually the jahils who do it. Now I can't speak for other parts of the world, but atleast in the Western hemisphere.

So, would a kafir be obliged to make up what he missed once he becomes a Muslim again(?)?

wassalam

Very interesting point. After the death of the Prophet (pbuh) many people left Islam and with the threath of Omar (ra) they returned back to Islam. There is no evidence to suggest that such people were ordered to do their salah that they missed or re-do the hajj that they did whilst they were Muslims.

abulayl
26-11-2008, 03:27 AM

As the majority of the Hanabila consider the person who leaves prayer to be a kafir,

this is a matter which differs in madhab and not the ijma opinion. within hanbila the opinion differs. And there are also terms and conditon of which LEAVING salah turns a man as kafir.

abulayl
26-11-2008, 03:29 AM
After the death of the Prophet (pbuh) many people left Islam

I dont know did i understand u correctly or not. When people left Islam they have also no hukm of shariah upon them. so which salah are you talking about? a salah which is fard upon murtad or fard upon muslim?

Gazalaq
25-02-2010, 12:26 PM

What does ppl stands for.
If a person has not read namaz for 30 years how he has to pray kaza.
If a person is working from morning till night then how to pray kaza.
Please reply

5M1L3Y
27-02-2010, 01:26 PM

Allah says: “O My servants who have wronged against their souls! Do not despair of the mercy of Allah. For Allah forgives all sins; for He is indeed Forgiving, Compassionate.” (Az-Zumur: 53). “Whoever commits a sin or wrongs himself, then (repents and) seeks Allah’s forgiveness, will find Allah Forgiving, Compassionate.” (An-Nisa’: 110).

Furthermore, Allah says, “Save him who repents and believes, and does good works; those, Allah will change their misdeeds into good works. And Allah is Forgiving, Compassionate.” (Al-Furqan: 70).

"On no soul does Allah place a burden greater than it can bear." (Holy Qur'an, 2:286)

"Thus have We made of you a just (and the best) nation, justly balanced." (Holy Qur'an, 2:143)

Ibn Taymiyyah, while advancing this point of view, further states: “To insist that a person who has strayed away from Islam for a number of years and then returns to the fold of Islam must make qadha’ of all his missed prayers serves only as a deterrent against his repentance, and thus it amounts to limiting the infinite mercy of Allah.” He, therefore, dismisses this view and rules that it is sufficient for him to repent, make lots of istighfar (asking forgiveness) and good works.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503546658

avid
28-02-2010, 12:52 AM

Allah says: “O My servants who have wronged against their souls! Do not despair of the mercy of Allah. For Allah forgives all sins; for He is indeed Forgiving, Compassionate.” (Az-Zumur: 53). “Whoever commits a sin or wrongs himself, then (repents and) seeks Allah’s forgiveness, will find Allah Forgiving, Compassionate.” (An-Nisa’: 110).

Furthermore, Allah says, “Save him who repents and believes, and does good works; those, Allah will change their misdeeds into good works. And Allah is Forgiving, Compassionate.” (Al-Furqan: 70).

"On no soul does Allah place a burden greater than it can bear." (Holy Qur'an, 2:286)

"Thus have We made of you a just (and the best) nation, justly balanced." (Holy Qur'an, 2:143)

Ibn Taymiyyah, while advancing this point of view, further states: “To insist that a person who has strayed away from Islam for a number of years and then returns to the fold of Islam must make qadha’ of all his missed prayers serves only as a deterrent against his repentance, and thus it amounts to limiting the infinite mercy of Allah.” He, therefore, dismisses this view and rules that it is sufficient for him to repent, make lots of istighfar (asking forgiveness) and good works.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503546658

W'alaikumassalam,

The fatwa you quoted also said : "the vast majority of scholars and imams are of the opinion that one must make up for all of the prayers one has missed in life, no matter how many they are. So according to them, you should make up for all of these prayers."

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but the majority of the scholars reject the opinion of Ibn Taymiyah and Ibn Hazm on this matter. Please see:

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=4746&CATE=103
http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?id=5030
http://www.albalagh.net/qa/qada_lifetime_salat.shtml
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?32382-What-is-the-proof-of-Kaza-Namaz&highlight=qadha [esp. Maulana Abu Hajirah's reply]

I remember Shaykh Faraz said once that his teacher used to say that firm intention is very important. He said that if one makes a firm intention and schedule that every day without fail he will pray a certain amount of Qadha prayers that are reasonably possible, and if he passes away without having completed all his qadha then in that case InshaAllah he can hope for Allah's mercy and forgiveness. I think it is important to take a wholistic approach: Definitely seek forgiveness and express remorse and regret at missing salahs in the past, TAKE THE MEANS to make up the salah to the best of your ability and finally have hope in the Infinite Mercy of Allah.

employer
19-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Jazakallah kahir brother. Do you know any book online that covers minute details like - farz, wajib, sunnah, makrooh etc. of ruku, likewise of sajdah - I mean what duration & posture of ruku is farz, how much duration is wajib etc.?