PDA

View Full Version : Where did Adam land?

loveProphet
21-02-2008, 07:28 PM
:salam:

Is there any Islamic saying about where Sayyidina Adam(AS) landed when he came to Earth?
Btw, i heard that Adam or Eve is buried in Sri Lanka or one of the lands near there. I got to check this though.

:ws:

celt islam
21-02-2008, 07:42 PM

Is there any Islamic saying about where Sayyidina Adam(AS) landed when he came to Earth?
Btw, i heard that Adam or Eve is buried in Sri Lanka or one of the lands near there. I got to check this though.

Asalaamualaykum.

Dont mean to be rude eheh but you make it sound as if Adam [as] flew in from outaspace lol and landed eheh.

Adams peak in Sri Lanka is said to be where Adam [as] lived, this maybe true ALLAh hu alim but it does make a lovely story and Adams peak is said to be very beautiful.

loveProphet
21-02-2008, 07:58 PM

He certainly descended from Heaven(Jannah), a place not from the Earth.

J786
21-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Asalaamualaykum.

Dont mean to be rude eheh but you make it sound as if Adam [as] flew in from outaspace lol and landed eheh.

Adams peak in Sri Lanka is said to be where Adam [as] lived, this maybe true ALLAh hu alim but it does make a lovely story and Adams peak is said to be very beautiful.

Indeed it is beautiful. I think there is a footprint the monks believe to belong to Prophet Adam (AS) at the top of the peak?

spatel6549
21-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Is it true that Prophet Adam and Hawwa were giants?

loveProphet
21-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Is it true that Prophet Adam and Hawwa were giants?
Yes. Humans were tall then.

Saad
21-02-2008, 08:28 PM
I have also heard that Hazrat Adam :alayhis: landed in Sri Lanka and there is his foot-print saved on one of the mountain.

Ali al-Hanafi
21-02-2008, 09:11 PM

There are different views of where they (i.e. Hazrat Adam (alayhis sallatu watesleem wa barakaat) and Hawwa (alayhas salaam)) descended on Earth. The places of decent of Adam (alayhis salaatu watesleem) are suggested as: Dihna between Makkah and Ta'if and some place in India. Hawwa (alayhas salaam) is said to have descended at Jeddah. It is also said that they descended at Safa and Marwah respectively - The Stories of the Prophets (may Allah be pleased with them) of Hafiz Ibn Kathir (rahmatullahialayh), page 33, Darul Ishaat, eng. trans.

Colonel_Hardstone
22-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Asslamo Allaikum,

I got there really late & in cold weather so couldn't climb the mountain, there is a Daramshalla (Buddhist Monestary) on top (see top of the pictures) and I met some Budhists at the bottom where I did my Asr Salah.

The original foot-print of Adam (AS) has been changed into a huge-monstrous foor-print which the Buddhists do their worship around.

At this point I was hungary, extremely cold (in a Jeans & T-Shirt), wet because it just started raining, trying to protect my kit; missed my train and last Bus and figuring out how I am going to get back to Colombo to catch my Flight the next day...:cheesygri

If I had better shoes I would have climbed despite the warnings of the Government Officials!

P.S: As I said before Tableeghi Jamaat is very active in the Area and they are helpful people and may Allah (SWT) reward them for it.

not known
22-02-2008, 11:43 AM
srilanka is the no.1 country in the world, where the work of tabligh is highly active (almost everyone is involved alhamdulilla)

Ifrah
22-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Well the version I have heard says that Hazrat Adam AS and hazrat Hawa AS landed in different places and had to find each other. And one of them landed in India, but whereabouts I don't know. so would that place be Sri Lanka? or is it still in doubt?

sahih-baba
22-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Well the version I have heard says that Hazrat Adam AS and hazrat Hawa AS landed in different places and had to find each other. And one of them landed in India, but whereabouts I don't know. so would that place be Sri Lanka? or is it still in doubt?

so there we have it! india is where it all began! :cheesygri

Ifrah
22-02-2008, 06:37 PM
hehehe so what was all the other talk about?

Colonel_Hardstone
22-02-2008, 06:49 PM
so there we have it! india is where it all began! :cheesygri

hehehe so what was all the other talk about?

Asslamo Allaikum,

Ravan rules Lanka so Sri-Lanks was part of India.

It is believed that Adam (AS) landed in Sri-Lanka while Hawwa (AS) landed in Jeddah (Saudi Arabia) thats why the city is called Jeddah (Grand-Mother)

Saad
25-12-2008, 02:59 AM
ADAM'S PEAK

There are also flowers of various colours, with the red rose, about the size of the palm of the hand, upon the leaves of which they think they can read the name of God and of his Prophet. There are two roads on the mountain leading to the foot (of Adam); the one is known by "the way of Baba," the other, by "the way of Mama," by which they mean Adam and Eve. The way called that of Mama is easy: to it the travellers come upon their first visiting the place; but every one who has travelled only upon this, is considered as if he had not made the pilgrimage at all. The way named Baba is rough, and difficult of ascent. At the foot of the mountain where the entrance is, there is a minaret named after Alexander, and a fountain of water.

The ancients have cut something like steps, upon which one may ascend, and have fixed in iron pins, to which chains are appended; and upon these those who ascend take hold. Of these chains there are ten in number, the last of which is termed "the chain of witness," because, when one has arrived at this, and looks down, the frightful notion seizes him that he shall fall. After the tenth chain is the cave of Khizr, in which there is a large space; and at the entrance a well, of water, full of fish, which is also called after his name. Of those, however, no one takes any. Near this, and on each side of the path, is a cistern cut in the rock. In this cave of Khizr the pilgrims leave their provisions, and whatever else they have, and then ascend about two miles to the top of the mountain, to the place of (Adam's) foot.

The holy foot (mark) is in a stone, so that its place is depressed. The length of the impression is eleven spans. The Chinese came here at some former time, and cut out from this stone the place of the great toe, together with the stone about it, and placed it in a temple in the city of Zaitun: and pilgrimages are made to it from the most distant parts of China. In the rock, too, in which the impression of the foot is, there are nine excavations which have been cut out: into these the infidel pilgrims put gold, rubies, and other jewels: and hence you will see the Fakeers, who have come as pilgrims to the well of Khizr, racing to get first to the excavations, in order to obtain what may be in them. We, however, found nothing but a little gold with some rubies, which we gave to our guide.

TRAVELS OF IBN BATUTA
IN CEYLON : ARRIVAL IN CEYLON TO SEE ADAM'S PEAK
London: Printed for the Oriental Translation Committee, 1829

Bint_Mas'ud
25-12-2008, 03:14 AM
I have also heard it was India..

MightySouthside
25-12-2008, 04:09 AM
Adam didnt land in India, Eve didnt land in Saudi Arabia. They were in East Africa and most likely traveled to various places. Adam and Eve wold have eventually walked to the Middle East at some point to build the kabah since there was no concept of Africa or Asia then, but aint no way they went to India. And Adam was a traveling prophet originally from Africa so get it straight. These are just bull**** stories from people who cant admit that the original people were black and all of it needs to CEASE. Adam's direct descendants live in East Africa. Some translated Qurans refuse to put that Adam was made of black mud and clay, so obviously theres an agenda here. If people have to lie to make themselves feel better than dont mind me, carry on.

umar347
25-12-2008, 06:16 AM
Adam as was sent on earth, and almost scholers says it was the sri-lanaka and i read another book, he wrotes that adam was sent in hind = now a days called Pakistan(Murre) and he says as the word murree means the grave. wahat ever, eve is burried in jaddah(saudia arabia) as the word jadda or jedda means the grandma. Wallahul-Moufiq-al-a3la.

malik M Umar awan, www.learnalquran.com or www.youtube.com/umar347 or www.quranicvoice.multiply.com

NNoor
25-12-2008, 06:38 AM
Adam didnt land in India, Eve didnt land in Saudi Arabia. They were in East Africa and most likely traveled to various places......aint no way they went to India. And Adam was a traveling prophet originally from Africa so get it straight. These are just bull**** stories from people who cant admit that the original people were black and all of it needs to CEASE.

How can you make these claims so confidently when you have no means of substantiating them?

There is no way to ascertain whether or not Adam :alayhis: was black with what are generally considered African features (broad nose, thick lips, very curly hair) until we meet him in paradise, inshallah (unless you happen to have a time machine).

The fact that he was created from black mud tells us just that- he was made from black mud. It does not allow us to draw any conclusion about his final appearance or other characteristics. A simple analogy is that glass is made from sand, but glass is clear whereas sand is not.

But even if we chose to use your faulty logic, it is possible to be black without having African features, like most Sri Lankans are, making Sri Lanka as good a candidate as Africa for the site of the "landing" of the first man.

Adam's direct descendants live in East Africa.

Ha ha, what? Every human being is a direct descendant of Adam, and human beings live all over the globe, not just E. Africa.

IbnShafiq
25-12-2008, 06:47 AM

I heard once that the earliest human remains were found in East Africa. Allah knows best.

Is there clear text from the Quran, Sunnah or the sayings of the Salaf that indicate the location of the"land sight":) that sounds funny. If there isn't, then anything else could be wrong.

jenifer riaz
25-12-2008, 09:22 AM
assalamu alaikum
according to my knowledge ,phrophet adam landed in srilank and eve was landed in arafa
allah knows the best

Motörhead
25-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Adam didnt land in India, Eve didnt land in Saudi Arabia. They were in East Africa and most likely traveled to various places. Adam and Eve wold have eventually walked to the Middle East at some point to build the kabah since there was no concept of Africa or Asia then, but aint no way they went to India. And Adam was a traveling prophet originally from Africa so get it straight. These are just bull**** stories from people who cant admit that the original people were black and all of it needs to CEASE. Adam's direct descendants live in East Africa. Some translated Qurans refuse to put that Adam was made of black mud and clay, so obviously theres an agenda here. If people have to lie to make themselves feel better than dont mind me, carry on.

Your post made me laugh hard just then.

If you are trying to troll, then well played sir.

loveProphet
25-12-2008, 12:17 PM

I heard once that the earliest human remains were found in East Africa. Allah knows best.

Is there clear text from the Quran, Sunnah or the sayings of the Salaf that indicate the location of the"land sight":) that sounds funny. If there isn't, then anything else could be wrong.

There are many hominins(earliest one too that we have found) from Africa but they aren't the first humans. Our first human ancestors may have been around in Earth about 2.5 million years ago and descended on Earth at about that time. However this is speculation based on incomplete evidence. The fossil record is biased and only some humans from our past history have been found.
We don't know much about what our earliest ancestors looked like, except what we see ourselves as and what Islam has told us about Sayyidina Adam(AS).

Also evolutionary biology implied, based upon mitochondrial evidence, that there was an "Eve"(not the Islamic one!) from whom all humans alive today descended and that she came from Africa at about 200,000 years ago. However this idea is falling apart due to mitochondrial recombination:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6VJ1-4D98J1S-1&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=a29c5e263f8808e416d4df6123f65365

This single occurrence of paternal inheritance [23] has been previously used to suggest that any given sample of mtDNAs might contain some descendents from a female ancestor ‘Eve’ and some descendants from a paternal ancestor ‘Mitochondrial Steve’ [24]. If recombination can take place between two different mtDNA types (e.g. when biparental inheritance occurs), then completely new haplotypes might also arise. In other words, the sample might not be traceable to a single common ancestor.

nuh ibn
25-12-2008, 04:43 PM
As salaam alaikum.

This is an area of interest for me. As a result, I have collected some scholastic work on the issue:

In Ad-Dur Al-Manthur, it is related from Ibn Abbas (ra) that Adam (as), Hawwa, Iblis and the snake landed in a place called Dajnah, which is situated somewhere between Makkah and At-Ta'if. It is also said that Adam (as) landed at As-Safa and that Hawwa landed at Al-Marwah. In another narration from Ibn Abbas (ra), it is mentioned that Adam (as) landed somewhere in India.

In that narration, which is related by Ibn Sa'ad and Ibn Askirfron Ibn Abbas (ra), it is mentioned that Adam(as) landed in India while Hawwa landed in Jeddah; and that Adam (as) then searched out for her until he reached Muzdalifah. The word Muzdalifah is derived from the verb Izdalafah, which means to approach. Some believe that Muzdalifah was given its name because it is there that Hawwa approached Adam (as) and met up with him.

At-Tabarani, Abu Nu'aim and Ibn Asakir all related from Abu Hurairah (ra) that the Messenger of Allah (saws) said "Adam (as) descended in India." And At-Tabarani related the following narration from Abdullah ibn Umar (ra): When Allah made Adam (as) descend, He made him descend in the land of India. He then went to Makkah and afterwards went to Ash-Shams, which is where he died.

From these and other narrations, we learn the following: Adam (as) descended to earth in India, on a mountain called Baudh, on the island of Sri Lanka (Serendib/Ceylon), just below the Indian Subcontinent. Ibn Atutah recorded in his journals the he landed on that island, the inhabitants of which, he reported, still remembered Adam (as) by the name 'father' and Hawwa by the name 'mother'.

Allah (swt) knows best.

reeha
25-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Assalamu Alaikum.
I've learnt that Adam Alaihissalam was created by Allah Ta'ala as a beautiful person.Due to his disobedience(as it was the will of Allah) he was turned black in colour.He was brought down to Mount Serendib or adam's Peak by Jibreel Alaihissalam. It is reported by Wahab Ibnu Munaffi Radhiyallahu anhu that he had remained there in the state of sajada for 300 years crying and repenting for the sin he had committd.So his tears had become rivers which flow from Central hills to Peneplain area.Apart from that there a lot of pearls and jems in Sri Lanka found in that region due to the blessing.
Allah Ta'ala had created a transparent palace in the place where Ka'bah is.Inside the palace there were animals created from Noor to give light. Then Adam alaihissalam was instructed by allah to come there with angels to perform Tawaf.Where ever Adam Alaihisalam's feet touched the ground ,trees were grown instantly.A step taken by him can be compared to six days journey by an ordinary human being.On earth his size was reduced up to 180 feet.
Hawwa Alaihissalam was placed in Jeddah.Both were made to meet in Arafah where they were forgiven. Adam Alaihissalam Had performed Hajj 40 times.He was made able to speak 1000 languages.It is said that he never laughed or consumed much food as he was very much disturbed by his being disobedient to Allah.When his Rooh was about to be taken all doors of the Jannah were opened.His body was buried in mount Serendib but it had come off with the flood during the period of Nuh Alaihissalam.Nuh alaihissalam had Buried it again in the same place.
(Pls correct me if you think it is necessary)

nuh ibn
25-12-2008, 11:00 PM
As salaam alaikum.

Assalamu Alaikum.
I've learnt that Adam Alaihissalam was created by Allah Ta'ala as a beautiful person.Due to his disobedience(as it was the will of Allah) he was turned black in colour.

I have heard stories like this before. I have also heard that 'blackness' is the result of Nuh (as) supplicating against one of his children for peeking at his 'private parts'.

Here is what one scholar said about it:

"What is obvious is that these stories are false; blackness and other traits in appearance are from Allah's creation: He made some of us white, some of us red, some of us black, and some of us in-between, just as he made some of us tall and others short, some of us sane and others insane.

In the disparity we witness in human beings, there is a lesson for those who reflect. That we are all from the descendants of Adam, indicates the perfect ability of the All-Mighty, the All-Knower. Allah says:

'And among His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours'. (Ar-Ram 30:22)"

-- Ibn Jibreen

Allah Knows best.

TruthHood
26-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Assalamu Alaikum.
I've learnt that Adam Alaihissalam was created by Allah Ta'ala as a beautiful person.Due to his disobedience(as it was the will of Allah) he was turned black in colour.He was brought down to Mount Serendib or adam's Peak by Jibreel Alaihissalam. It is reported by Wahab Ibnu Munaffi Radhiyallahu anhu that he had remained there in the state of sajada for 300 years crying and repenting for the sin he had committd.So his tears had become rivers which flow from Central hills to Peneplain area.Apart from that there a lot of pearls and jems in Sri Lanka found in that region due to the blessing.
Allah Ta'ala had created a transparent palace in the place where Ka'bah is.Inside the palace there were animals created from Noor to give light. Then Adam alaihissalam was instructed by allah to come there with angels to perform Tawaf.Where ever Adam Alaihisalam's feet touched the ground ,trees were grown instantly.A step taken by him can be compared to six days journey by an ordinary human being.On earth his size was reduced up to 180 feet.
Hawwa Alaihissalam was placed in Jeddah.Both were made to meet in Arafah where they were forgiven. Adam Alaihissalam Had performed Hajj 40 times.It is said that he never laughed or consumed much food as he was very much disturbed by his being disobedient to Allah.When his Rooh was about to be taken all doors of the Jannah were opened.His body was buried in mount Serendib but it had come off with the flood during the period of Nuh Alaihissalam.Nuh alaihissalam had Buried it again in the same place.
(Pls correct me if you think it is necessary)

This is similar to what mormons believe naudubillah. I find this very hard to believe.

Motörhead
26-12-2008, 01:47 AM
The idea that adam was turned black because of disobedience seems predicated on the idea that being black is something bad.

I find this offensive and highly unislamic. (I'm not black)

reeha
26-12-2008, 04:20 AM
I don't know about the authenticity.It was in a book written by an Indian scholar.The book is still ther,nw I cant read the author's name as I can't read Tamil.It says that Iblees too lost his previous appearance when he was cursed by Allah Ta'ala.He became black and then he had to stay in the middle of the ocean.
Allah knows best.

godilali
26-12-2008, 01:14 PM
“Isnād is an integral part of the Religion, otherwise anyone can say anything."~Abdullah ibn Mubarak