PDA

View Full Version : Rare Pictures

Pages : [1] 2

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Kabaa door key and footprint of Prophet (SAW)

marco100
28-06-2008, 04:35 PM
You can't help but smile when you see the footprint. :)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Footprint of Prophet (SAW) another view and beard of Prophet (SAW)
These items are in Topkapi Museum, Turkey

marco100
28-06-2008, 04:58 PM
What size is the footprint? Looks like a 13 or more to me. I know hazrat Ibrahim as's foot is massive and Hazrat Adam's footprint in Sri Lanka is even bigger!

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Not sure it is difficult to say anything by just looking at the pictures

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Maqam Ibrahim and footprint of Ibrahim (AS)

lukm4n
28-06-2008, 05:11 PM
top quality pics

jazakallah, just showed them to my mother :)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 05:13 PM
I have lots of such pictures like
Asa of Musa (AS)
Old door of Kabah
Turban of Yousuf (AS)
etc
I can upload these if people are interested

lukm4n
28-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Asa of Musa (AS)
Old door of Kabah
Turban of Yousuf (AS)
etc

go for it bro, share them.. il check back later

pls label each one so we know what they are..

jazakallah

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Turban of Prophet Yousuf (AS)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Asa (Staff) of Musa (AS)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Bowl of Ibrahim (AS)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Old door of Kaaba

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Sword of Prophet (SAW)

NNoor
28-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Is there any kind of creditable institution that authenticates these relics? For example, the supposed footprint of Hadhrat Adam :alayhis: on Adam's Peak. Has it been dated? And even if it has, how can you be sure it belongs to to any one person or another? In fact, with regard to the footprint on Adam's Peak, Buddhists believe it's the footprint of the Buddha, whereas Hindu's think it's shiva's.

Same goes for supposed tombs of the Prophets, how does anybody know for sure?

marco100
28-06-2008, 05:57 PM
i thought the staff of hazrat musa as was in the arc of the covenant, and will be carried by the talking beast too towards end of times?

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 05:58 PM
View of Masjid An Nabawi

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Mahrab-e-Rasool (SAW)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Minbar-e-Rasool (SAW)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Riaz ul Jannah [this place withing Masjid An Nabawi is considered as a garden of Paradise according to the sayings of the Prophet (SAW)]

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Positions of Pillars

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Door of Roza-e-Rasool (SAW)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 06:10 PM
View of Masjid An Nabawi (Mountain of Uhud and Jannat ul Baqee (Graveyard)is also visible)

abuhajira
28-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Positions of Pillars

:salam:

Is this the chart of current positions or the actual possitions.. as I have been told that some of the positions were altered...

:ws:

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 06:21 PM

Is this the chart of current positions or the actual possitions.. as I have been told that some of the positions were altered...

Assalam O Alaikum

I don't think these positions can be altered because these are pillars (concrete pillars) and they cannot move them.
Any way I got this information from my uncle who was working in Masjid An Nabawi during is extension.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 06:22 PM

Also during my visit to Saudi Arabia I used this and managed to locate some pillars because with the number of people it is not possible to locate all of them :)

abuhajira
28-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Assalam O Alaikum

I don't think these positions can be altered because these are pillars (concrete pillars) and they cannot move them.
Any way I got this information from my uncle who was working in Masjid An Nabawi during is extension.

can you get some authentication on that.. some of my teachers have said that there were some shifting in the early extensions along with the moving of some prominent arches etc.. but maybe I got it wrong..

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 07:02 PM

can you get some authentication on that.. some of my teachers have said that there were some shifting in the early extensions along with the moving of some prominent arches etc.. but maybe I got it wrong..

I now understand what you are trying to ask.
This information is updated after the changes / alterations made by Shah Fahad bin Abdul Aziz

Now if you look at that picture there is no possibility that the pillar can be moved, they cannot move the platform used by Ashab-suffa etc.

What is moved is the position of Mahrab-e-Rasool (SAW). It was moved forward. This mahrab is now at the place where Prophet (SAW) used to place his forehead / perform Sijda. If any one perform Sijda in front of the mahrab now will place his forehead on the place where prophet (SAW) used to stand in prayer. This was done by Abu Bakr (RA) so that nobody can walk or stand where our Beloved prophet (SAW) prostrated.

During the time of the four Caliphs the masjid an Nabawi was extended backward and the mahrab from where the imam lead the prayer was not originally part of Masjid An Nabawi at the time of Prophet (SAW).

I hope i answered your question

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Further to my post

You can see there are two Mahrab
1. Mahrab al Nabawi (This is the place from where Prophet (SAW) used to lead the prayers and during the time of Abu Bakr (RA) this mahrab is moved towards sutun hanana (downwards in the picture not towards right) I mentioned the reason in my last post)
2. Mahrab Uthmani (This is the extension during the time of Utham (RA) an reason was that now the people can offer durood / salam in front of the Rauda).

dhameera
28-06-2008, 07:39 PM
JazakAllahu Khairan

These pictures made my heart smile :-).

My family took pictures of Al Masjid Al-Nawabi when they made Hajj...Insha'allah I will go one day!

Make dua for me!

marco100
28-06-2008, 07:44 PM
if you think about it guys, the buildings etc have all changed but mount uhud still looks the same unchanged, so you can in a way imagine hazrat muhammad s.a.w and the sahaba on there as it's never changed. Thought provoking...

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Just for information if one stands in Masjid An Nabawi and face the Mahrab then this is the direction toward Masjid Al Haram while if one stands in Masjid An Nabawi and face the direction towards Mountain of Uhud then this is the direction towards Masjid Al Aqsa.:D

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Masjid Al Jinn this is the place where a group of Jinn heard Prophet (SAW) reciting Quran and they became Muslims (read the first few verses of Surah Jinn)

marco100
28-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Allah hu akbar, this sinful muslim is so grateful and humble to have been chosen as a part of this Ummah :D

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Old Picture of Jannat Al Maula Graveyard in Makah

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:06 PM
House of Prophet (SAW) now converted into a museum

marco100
28-06-2008, 08:07 PM
What an amazing prophet when jinns accepted Islam upon hearing his beautiful voice.

I take it there must be jinns in that masjid, are humans allowed in? I guess as they live for such a long time, there might even be jinns praying there who were around at time of sahaba or tabee'in or tub e taabee'in?

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:09 PM
View of Masjid An Nabawi and Jannat Al Baqee Graveyard (right side of picture) and Mountain of Uhud (towards left side of picture)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:12 PM
What an amazing prophet when jinns accepted Islam upon hearing his beautiful voice.

I take it there must be jinns in that masjid, are humans allowed in? I guess as they live for such a long time, there might even be jinns praying there who were around at time of sahaba or tabee'in or tub e taabee'in?

This Masjid was built at a later time and there was nothing there. Any one who goes for Hajj should go to this masjid and recite Surah Jinn (according to scholars). Also this masjid is almost opposite to the Jannat Al Maula Graveyard. I think this is the place where pagan Arabs used to bury their daughters alive.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:15 PM
By the grace of Allah when I went for Hajj I got the opportunity to offer prayer in front of the Mahrab of Prophet (SAW) in Masjid An Nabawi. I cant tell you what was my feeling at that time. May Allah give all of us this chance. Ameen

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Pictures of Masjid Al Haram from Inside
I'm posting these again so that all the pictures are in one post.

marco100
28-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Thumma ameen

Brother you are so lucky that your feet touched the ground where the blessed feet of Hazrat Muhammad saw walked.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Thumma ameen

Brother you are so lucky that your feet touched the ground where the blessed feet of Hazrat Muhammad saw walked.

Yes Alhamdollilah Allah (SWT) gave me this chance. I also got the chance to pray on the platform where Ashab As suffa used to study, also got the chance to pray in the first saf in both Masjid An Nabawi and Masjid Al Haram (In front of Rukn Yamani (fourth corner of Kaaba) It is mentioned that 70,000 angels say ameen for every prayer made at that place.)

May Allah (SWT) give all of this chance.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Picture of Ramses 2 (Pharoh at the time of Musa (AS) who was drowned)

dhameera
28-06-2008, 08:26 PM
By the grace of Allah when I went for Hajj I got the opportunity to offer prayer in front of the Mahrab of Prophet (SAW) in Masjid An Nabawi. I cant tell you what was my feeling at that time. May Allah give all of us this chance. Ameen

Ameen

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Hajr Aswad (These are 8 small stones)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Architectural picture of Masjid Al Haraam (Interestingly all the four sides of Kaaba are of different width)

marco100
28-06-2008, 08:30 PM
What a pitiful state. People see it as mummification etc, but the fact is even the ground doesn't want his body, and spat him out hence he hasn't even been offered a burial and never will be.

I can say with absolute belief that if you tried to bury him the ground would spit him out straight away and if you tried to burn him, the body wouldn't burn, as Allah has promised to keep him preserved as a reminder for every human till the end of time.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Mount Safa

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:33 PM
What a pitiful state. People see it as mummification etc, but the fact is even the ground doesn't want his body, and spat him out hence he hasn't even been offered a burial and never will be.

I can say with absolute belief that if you tried to bury him the ground would spit him out straight away and if you tried to burn him, the body wouldn't burn, as Allah has promised to keep him preserved as a reminder for every human till the end of time.

The body of this Pharoh Ramses was not mummified. This is a misconception. Infact his boday remained in the salty water for hundreds of years yet it was preserved. This is one of the miracles of Quran.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:34 PM

Correction to my last post
The body of this Pharoh Ramses was not mummified. This is a misconception. In fact his today remained in the salty water for hundreds of years yet it was preserved. This is one of the miracles of Quran.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Correction to my last post
The body of this Pharoh Ramses was not mummified. This is a misconception. In fact his today remained in the salty water for hundreds of years yet it was preserved. This is one of the miracles of Quran.

ignore this message :D

marco100
28-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Carry on brother, have you got a pic of the hand print of hazrat jibril umeen on the rock in baytul muqadas from night of me'raj when he stopped the rock from following behind prophet muhammad saw?

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Bir Ali (the well in Madina)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Grave of Uthman (RA) in Jannat Al Bagee graveyard

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:47 PM
View of Jannat Al Baqee graveyard

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Carry on brother, have you got a pic of the hand print of hazrat jibril umeen on the rock in baytul muqadas from night of me'raj when he stopped the rock from following behind prophet muhammad saw?

Sorry brother i don't have that picture :(

marco100
28-06-2008, 08:49 PM
May Allah swt grant us all a resting place here. Ameen

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:51 PM
graves of imams in jannat Al Baqee graveyard please igore the use of words like Alahai Salaam with the names. This picture is edited by a shia

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Utham (RA) once asked the Prophet (SAW) about the boundary of Jannat Al Baqee graveyard (All those buried within the boundary will go to heaven according to scholars). Prophet (SAW) asked him to throw/ fire an arrow (They were standing towards Masjid An Nabawi side of Jannat al Baqee).The place where this arrow fell was marked as the boundary of Jannat al Baqee according to Prophet (SAW). The grave of Uthman (RA) is also at the same place.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Grave of Ibrahim son of Prophet (SAW)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Jabal Uhud (Within the boundary towards the bottom of the picture is the place where 70 companions including Hamza (RA) are buried )

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 09:08 PM
The House of ALLAH in Makkah. The Kaa'ba is covered by a black cloth known as'Kiswa', which is produced & changed every year. Special factory designed for the making of Kiswa in Makkah. It costs approx. SR 17million.The cloth is made of 670kgs of silver dyed black, about 120kgs of pure gold & 50kgs of silver used in writing the Qur'anic verses over the cloth. The total area of the cloth is 658sqr meter.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Masjid Al Quba Praying 2 rakat in Masjid Al Quba is equivalent to offering 1 umrah. One should try to pray Ishraq prayer in Masjid Al Quba after performing Fajr prayer in Masjid An Nabawi. It is better to walk from Masjid An Nabawi to Masjid l Quba.

abuhajira
28-06-2008, 09:27 PM

Jazak allah this is all awsome.. can you block the faces in the pictures that would be nice..

Also, such markation of the graves like that of Usman r.a and others has been allowed by the Saudi Govt? We were always told that the graves are rolled over..

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Khake Shifa (In one of the battles some companions were injured and Prophet (SAW) asked them to take some dust and touch it on their wound and they were healed.)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 09:33 PM

Jazak allah this is all awsome.. can you block the faces in the pictures that would be nice..

Also, such markation of the graves like that of Usman r.a and others has been allowed by the Saudi Govt? We were always told that the graves are rolled over..

Assalam O Alaikum
Sorry brother I will block the faces.
Saudi Government has not allowed any marking but people have got some maps and can locate these graves. I also have a copy of this map but I have to scan it.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 09:35 PM

If you look at an old picture of Jannat Al Maula graveyard in Makkah (in this post) you will see that the graves were soild but these were removed by the King Saud.

Muqtabis-un-Noor
28-06-2008, 09:43 PM
how do they know, for example, how that turban is Hadhrat Yusuf's (alaihis salaam)?

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 11:45 PM
Flooding in Makkah

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Maqam Ibraheem (AS) Old

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 11:47 PM
Qabar of Prophet (SAW)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
28-06-2008, 11:48 PM
Mahrab Masjid Al Aqsa

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Abul Hawl (Spinx) in Cairo

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 12:03 AM
Nalain (Slippers) of Prophet (SAW)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Mount Abu Qubais (Prophet Ibraheem (AS) used stones from this mountain to build Kaaba, Prophet (SAW broke the moon into two while standing on this mountain, Bilal (RA) used to give Dhan from this mountain, This mountain is also called as Jabal Hilal and Jabal Bilal, Shah Khalid bin Abdul Aziz build the Palace on this mountain)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Masjid Al Haraam Complex (Picture 1 is before Shah Fahad expansion, Picture 2 is after Shah Fahad expansion and picture 3 is proposed / approved Shah Abdullah expansion)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Wudu facilities around Masjid Al Haraam complex (There are toilets as well as Wudu facilities and these toilets are build where the house of Abu Lahab used to be )

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Bab Fathah of Masjid Al Haraam Complex (Prophet (SAW) entered Masjid Al Haraam from this gate at the time of Conquest of Makkah)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 12:28 AM
Rukn Yamani (fourth corner of Kaaba, 70,000 angels say ameen on any dua made at this point)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 12:33 AM
View of Masjid Al Haraam from Mountain of light (Jabal Al Noor) (Cave of Hira is in this mountain)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Wadi Mehesr (birds bombarded stones on People of Elephant here (Surah Feel), This place is near Mina)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Beer-e-Ghars(Well) in Madina. The water of this well was used for bathe (GHUSAL) of beloved prophet (SAW) when passed away

truesalafi
29-06-2008, 01:16 AM
As salam alaykum.

Does anyone know the history of the dome over the blessed grave of prophet? When was the dome built? Who all were responsible for it and when was it coloured green for the first time?

Saad
29-06-2008, 01:32 AM
As salam alaykum.

Does anyone know the history of the dome over the blessed grave of prophet? When was the dome built? Who all were responsible for it and when was it coloured green for the first time?

Mamluk Sultan Qalawun Salihi [r.h] built the Green Dome in 678 Hijri.

[Al-Minhaj al-Wadih, p 191]

truesalafi
29-06-2008, 02:01 AM
As salam alaykum.

Jazak Allah.

Bro, Ahmed, could you please scan that Old map showing the location of various graves?

lukm4n
29-06-2008, 02:49 AM

bro is there any webpage online where i can read more about this / him, i am very intrigued, i didn't know all this

saud_o1
29-06-2008, 06:57 AM
Isn't that picture of the Qabr of the Prophet (saws) fake???

Husain
29-06-2008, 08:02 AM
Yes, it is a picture of Ml. Rumi's grave, wrongly attributed to Nabi :saw:

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 09:15 AM
As salam alaykum.

Assalam O Alaikum
The color of the tomb was white initially and during the time of Ottoman Empire the color was changed to green.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 09:24 AM
bro is there any webpage online where i can read more about this / him, i am very intrigued, i didn't know all this

Here is some information.
The Title of the Kings of Egypt was Firoun. The king at the time of Musa (AS) was Ramses 2 (Ramses Thani). He chased Musa (AS) and the Bani Israel and was drowned (Read Surah Baqara 2 : verse 49 and various other places as well). People believe that the body of this firoun is a mummy which is nit true. When British were ruling Egypt this body was found and the British took this body to UK. It said that just before his death even he accepted the religion of Musa (AS).

Four women are mentioned in Quran. Two of them as good and two as evil. The wives of Lut (AS) and Nuh (AS) are mentioned as evil and Mariam (AS) and wife of Ramses are mentioned as good women (Surah Tahreem 66 : verse 10 -12)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Isn't that picture of the Qabr of the Prophet (saws) fake???

There are indeed different views about it. Some says that this is a fake picture while others say that it is not and this picture was taken a long time ago as nobody is allowed to go to that area. Allah knows best.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 09:29 AM

Assalam O Alaikum
As I mentioned before there are indeed different views and it is very difficult to say which view is correct.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Mahrab Rasool (SAW) and Riaz ul Jannah (Riaz ul Jannah inside Masjid An Nabawi according to the sayings of the Prophet (SAW) is a garden from Jannah specially brought to earth.)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Masjid Qiblatain (This is the masjid where Prophet (SAW) was leading the prayers and he received revelation about changing of the Qibla(Read start of Juzz 2)), The two directions (towards Masjid Al Aqsa and Masjid Al Haram) are at 180 degrees / opposite to each other

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Grave of Syeda Aamna, mother of Prophet (SAW)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Roda-e- Rasool (SAW) (1 is the location of house of Ayesha(RA) where is the location of Maqam Rasool (SAW), 2 and 3 are the places where Abu Bakr (RA) and Umer (RA) are buried)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Map of Jannat Al Baqee

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Do you know this
Issa (AS) will be buried next to Prophet (SAW), Abu Bakr (RA) and Umer (RA) when Issa (AS) die after his second coming

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 12:43 PM
The Qabr of Hazrat Prophet Shoaib (AS)in a room to the east of the main mosque and prayer area. This mosque is located in the Wadi Shoaib which leads up from the Jordan Valley to the city of al-Salt just northwest of Amman in Jordan . The mosque is of modern construction and houses a refurbished Mazar of the prophet Shoaib (AS)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 12:48 PM
The Mazar of Salih (AS) is said to be located in Mada'in Salih, in Hijaz, or in the Hadhramawt. According to the local people in the Hadhramawt, Salih was the father of the prophet Hud, corresponding to the biblical Shelah father of Eber. Both Hud and Salih are said to have been giants, thus accounting for the extraordinary length of their tombs. According some scholars this is the Mazar of Salih (AS) at Hasik.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 12:53 PM
This rock holds 14 camel-hoof-shaped prints supposed to have been left by the she-camel of Prophet Salih (AS), and two marks apparently made by Salih's (AS) rod

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 12:56 PM
This is the cave of Uhad . Prophet Muhammad (SAW) prayed and took some rest here during the battle of Uhad.

NNoor
29-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Salam,

I'm a little disappointed that no one has addressed my post about authenticity of these relics, especially some of the more dubious ones like Adam's footprint, the turban of Hadhrat Yusuf :alayhis: and the staff of Hadhrat Musa :alayhis: .

saud_o1
29-06-2008, 02:48 PM

JazaKAllah khair Shaykh.

Some pics of Hajj from the year 1953. May Allah reward whoever put them up on the net first.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7929/axqfyhetupsa4.jpg

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/6265/rnfptdkczglo9.jpg

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/1748/rsczavzrliwy7.jpg

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/8131/lffrhrdpwdec9.jpg

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4233/gexyrdxqlscz2.jpg

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/6929/puuvghzytvys9.jpg

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/1470/fdaplgwbjytc8.jpg

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Assalam O alaikum
Amazing pictures saud_o1
Jazakallah

alfatiha
29-06-2008, 03:02 PM
JazaKAllah khair Shaykh.

Some pics of Hajj from the year 1953. May Allah reward whoever put them up on the net first.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/6265/rnfptdkczglo9.jpg

:ws: They are from National Geographic.

*Kooka koola :)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Salam,

I'm a little disappointed that no one has addressed my post about authenticity of these relics, especially some of the more dubious ones like Adam's footprint, the turban of Hadhrat Yusuf :alayhis: and the staff of Hadhrat Musa :alayhis: .

Assalam O Alaikum
Well brother it is very difficult to prove the authenticity of lot of things. People have done research and some of the things are in the museum so may be these people can explain about the whether these things are authentic or not.

Also people have different opinions about places like where Ashab Al Kahaf were, Graves of Prophets etc.

In another place I read that Adam (AS) and Howa (AS) met for the first time on the earth in Arafat. Huwa (AS) was sent down to the city of Jeddah (Which means mother / grandmother (pronounced as Jiddah and not Jeddah)). So considering all that one can argue that how long would Adam (AS) took to travel from Srilanka to Saudi Arabia. Most of these things are based on Archaeological findings and they can comment how accurate these things are.

Another example is that the Pyrimids in Egypt are considered to be before the time of Musa (AS) and this is based on the Archaeological findings otherwise it is not possible to say how old these are.

For information I have seen these pyramids and the the highest is equal to a 40 story building and one stone / block used to build these pyramids is about the size of an office table.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 03:06 PM
All brothers and sisters can you also please upload similar pictures if have any so that we will have a thread with all such pictures

Jazakallah

marco100
29-06-2008, 03:10 PM
What is the Ulema's thinking on how these pyramids were built?

These people weren't huge giants as their skeletons don't show this. Either they had amazing intellect or used jinns? Any thoughts on this?

Maybe they were built by a people before the pharoahs who were in fact giants like kom aad?

Assaalik
29-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Asa (Staff) of Musa (AS)

Assalamu 'alaikum

Jazak Allah khair for the pics.
Where was this one taken?

Wa salam

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 03:18 PM
What is the Ulema's thinking on how these pyramids were built?

These people weren't huge giants as their skeletons don't show this. Either they had amazing intellect or used jinns? Any thoughts on this?

Maybe they were built by a people before the pharoahs who were in fact giants like kom aad?

I haven't came across any comments from Scholars about these and it would nice to hear their views.

I don't think (my personal views :D and may be wrong) that these giants built these because even for giants it will be very difficult to built a 40+ story building without using cranes.

If you look at how advanced these Egyptians were at that time is simply amazing. They invented the paper, Calendar, Wedding cards etc.

I have seen the process which they used to make papers and it is amazing.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum

Jazak Allah khair for the pics.
Where was this one taken?

Wa salam

Assalam O Alaikum

This is in Topkapy Museum, Turkey

saud_o1
29-06-2008, 03:33 PM
:ws: They are from National Geographic.

*Kooka koola :)

lol, thanks for letting me know. I think they colourized the pics anyway.

lukm4n
29-06-2008, 03:51 PM

I am currently reading brief accounts of Musa (a.s) and this evil firaun..

amazing how 1400 yrs ago, quran was revealed to our beloved and accounts for modern day findings ! surely Allah has showed as numerous signs to our sucess............. subhanallah

here is an example..

“And We let the children of Isrā‘īl cross the sea. So, Pharaoh and his troops chased them in transgression and hostility, until when he was about to drown, he said, I believe that there is no god but the One in whom the children of Isrā‘īl believe, and I am among those who submit to Allah. (Allah said,) is it now (that you have come to believe) while you were rebellious all along, and you were among the mischief-makers? So, today, We shall save your body, so that you may become a sign for those after you. And many of the people are heedless of Our signs.” (Yunus)

marco100
29-06-2008, 03:53 PM
So now do you see why I said earlier, even if you tried to dispose of his filthy body now, you couldn't as Allah has promised to preserve him. :D

lukm4n
29-06-2008, 04:14 PM
So now do you see why I said earlier, even if you tried to dispose of his filthy body now, you couldn't as Allah has promised to preserve him. :D

Bro. he is doomed for eternity where all the non believing oppressors of duniya will cherish!!

I am truly wondering. do we have any idea (from historical point of view) - as to which Pharaoh was the one who oppressed the Israelites / our prophet, as Quran and Hadeeth doesn't give out any names? is this one of those mysteries that only Allah knows best ?

marco100
29-06-2008, 04:20 PM
well as someone else mentioned Quran and Hadeeth don't put names places etc, but seeing as his corpse was retrieved by British in Egypt from the sea, that's the first sign that it indeed was him. He was obviously in better condition then. The archaelogists then through their own process of elucidation ( family lines, locations etc) named him Rameses 2. That's how we know.

Archaelogists who are mainly atheists anyway, worship these mummy's and indirectly call them "gods". ( Na'ubillah). We muslims look at these pitiful mummy's which the ground refuses to accept and mock their current state. Amazing contrast.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Meezab Rehmat (Rain Gutter of Kaaba)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Box containing soil from the qabar of Prophet (SAW)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Seal of the Prophet (SAW)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
30-06-2008, 09:12 PM
People doing Saee between Mount Safa and Mount Marwah

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
30-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Masjid Hudaybiya.(Treaty of Hudaybiya was signed here) (The pagans asked Muslims to replace the words "Muhammad Rasulullah" with "Muhammad bin Abdullah" from the document of treaty)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
30-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Palace on the left is on top of the Mountain Abu Qubays. This the mountain from where Prophet (SAW) demonstrated the miracle of splitting of the moon

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
30-06-2008, 09:24 PM
At the bottom of the Kabah door is the Maqam Multazim. Prophets (AS) used to place their hands there and make dua.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
30-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Another old picture of Kaaba.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
30-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Kaaba flooding

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
30-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Masjid Nimra in Arafat (This Masjid is used only once in an year during the time of Hajj and The Imam give Khutbah of Hajj from this Masjid and offer Zuhur and Asr Salat at the time of Zuhr) (Also it is important to note that a portion of this Masjid is outside the boundary of Arafat)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
03-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Prophet's (SAW) letter to a liar (Topkapy Museum, Turkey )

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
03-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Masjid Kheef in Mina

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
03-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Qabar of Uthman (RA)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
03-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Qabar of Imam Shafai in Cairo, Egypt

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
03-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Another view of Jabal Abu Qubais (top right side of the picture) (Prophet (SAW) demonstrated the miracle of splitting the moon from the top of this mountain) (King Khalid bin Abdul Aziz built the palace on top of this mountain)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
03-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Masjid Al Haraam from inside

kamals
03-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Asa of Musa (AS)
Old door of Kabah
Turban of Yousuf (AS)
etc

Wa salam,

Please upload them brother.

faqir
03-07-2008, 11:08 PM
as-salamu `alaikum bro
do you have any pics of the old ottoman fort that they recently destroyed for the shopping mall?

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
04-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Wa salam,

Please upload them brother.

Assalam O Alaikum Brother
I have already uploaded pictures and they in this thread :D

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
04-07-2008, 05:57 PM
as-salamu `alaikum bro
do you have any pics of the old ottoman fort that they recently destroyed for the shopping mall?

Assalam O Alaikum brother
I don't have any picture of this fort. :(

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
04-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Front wall of Masjid An Nabawi

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
04-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Front row in Masjid An Nabawi

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
04-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Foot mark of Adam (AS). This is in Sri Lanka

kamals
04-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Regarding the Turban of Yusuf one obvious problem is that Turbans were not worn in Misr in that age, we know this from the copious amount of carved depictions to this effect...

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
04-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Regarding the Turban of Yusuf one obvious problem is that Turbans were not worn in Misr in that age, we know this from the copious amount of carved depictions to this effect...

Assalam O Alaim

The turban of Prophet yousuf (AS) is in Topkapy Musuem Turkey and I'm sure they have evidence that Prophet Yousuf (AS) used this. Can you provide any references that turban was not used at that time

marco100
04-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Did they wash it beforehand or is it in same state as it was when he wore it? It's very clean and white. Very much like Hazrat Yusuf as? :D

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
04-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Did they wash it beforehand or is it in same state as it was when he wore it? It's very clean and white. Very much like Hazrat Yusuf as? :D

:D

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
04-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Qabr of Umm ul Momineen Khadija (RA) in Makkah (Jannat ul Maula)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
04-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Another map Jannat Al Baqee graveyard

marco100
04-07-2008, 10:15 PM
So simple :(

Allah fill her kabr with noor. Ameen.

Kantz
05-07-2008, 01:18 AM
Salam,

nice pictures...thanks for sharing with us..

Wassalam..

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
05-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Grave of Bilal Habashi (RA)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
06-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Lock of Kaaba

shushu
07-07-2008, 12:24 AM

Brother, May Allah be pleased with you! Jazakallahu khayran for putting up these pictures. Do you know how old this particular picture is?

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
07-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Brother, May Allah be pleased with you! Jazakallahu khayran for putting up these pictures. Do you know how old this particular picture is?

Assalam O Alaikum
This picture of Ramses is not very old. The body of Ramses however was found some 100 years ago.

shushu
10-07-2008, 12:26 AM
walikom assalam

I do enjoy looking through this thread as it makes me feel quite peaceful and happy :D

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
11-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Tombs in Madain Saleh

The Thamud tribe denied the Noble Messengers. When their fellowman Saleh said to them, "Do you not fear?" "I am indeed a trustworthy Noble Messenger of Allah to you." "Therefore fear Allah and obey me." "And I do not ask from you any fee for it; my reward is only upon the Lord Of The Creation." "Will you be left peacefully in these favours over here?" "In gardens and water springs?" "And fields and palm-trees, with delicate tendrils?" "And you carve out dwellings in the mountains, with skill?" "Therefore fear Allah and obey me." "And do not follow those who exceed the limits." (Surah Shuara 26 : verses 141 - 151)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
11-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Masjid Ali, Masjid Fatima, Masjid Fath and Masjid Salman Farsi (in sequence top to bottom) at the location of Battle of Trench (Ghazwa Khandaq)

sahih-baba
11-07-2008, 09:57 PM
graves of imams in jannat Al Baqee graveyard please igore the use of words like Alahai Salaam with the names. This picture is edited by a shia

salam
why ignore 'alayhis-salam?

i think it is permissible to say it after ahl al-bayt, wallahu a'lam

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
11-07-2008, 10:23 PM
salam
why ignore 'alayhis-salam?

i think it is permissible to say it after ahl al-bayt, wallahu a'lam

I know we can use it but there are some differences. Some scholars are of the opinion that Alayhis Salam should be used with Prophets or people like Mariam (AS). I don't want to start a debate here and hence this was the reason I mentioned this.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
11-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Hadith written on the wall of Masjid Quba

abdulwahhab
11-07-2008, 10:35 PM
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/295/image001oe5.jpg

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
11-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Masjid Al Azhar, Cairo

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
11-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Masjid Al Haraam Complex Aerial view

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
11-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Masjid Al Haraam information

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
11-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Madina Al Munawwara Aerial view

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
11-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Madina Al Munawwara information

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
11-07-2008, 11:46 PM
Roza Mubarak information

sufisticated
12-07-2008, 09:45 PM
I know we can use it but there are some differences. Some scholars are of the opinion that Alayhis Salam should be used with Prophets or people like Mariam (AS). I don't want to start a debate here and hence this was the reason I mentioned this.

i understand that it is permissible to use alayhi salam for aal al-bayt, especially after mentioning `Ali, Fatima al-Zahra, Hasan and Husayn.

Shaykh Muhammad al-Yaqoubi mentioned that in one of the original manuscripts of Sahih al-Bukhari, written by one of Imam al-Bukhari's students, it is written as such.

...but yes - not worth a debate.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
12-07-2008, 10:10 PM
i understand that it is permissible to use alayhi salam for aal al-bayt, especially after mentioning `Ali, Fatima al-Zahra, Hasan and Husayn.

Shaykh Muhammad al-Yaqoubi mentioned that in one of the original manuscripts of Sahih al-Bukhari, written by one of Imam al-Bukhari's students, it is written as such.

...but yes - not worth a debate.

yes brother i agree

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
12-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Mahrab in Masjid Al Azhar, Cairo

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
12-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Entrance of Ashab Kahaf Cave in Jordan

Did you know that the People of the Cave and People close to the Woods, were Our exceptional signs? When the young men took refuge in the Cave - then said, “Our Lord! Give us mercy from Yourself, and arrange guidance for us in our affair.” We then thumped upon their ears in the Cave for a number of years. We then awakened them to see which of the two groups more accurately tells the period they had stayed. We shall narrate their account to you accurately; they were young men who believed in their Lord, and We increased the guidance for them. (Surah Kahaf 18 : verses 9-13)

keepstriving
12-07-2008, 10:42 PM

Most of the pictures are really awe-inspiring, thank you (all) for sharing them with us.
May Allah reward everyone who participated in putting up these pictures on display.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
13-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Battle of Badr was fought here

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
13-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Masjid Al Aqsa

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
13-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Mountain Judi (Arc of Nooh (AS) stopped here, this is near Turkey)

Then the word went forth: "O earth! swallow up thy water, and O sky! Withhold (thy rain)!" and the water abated, and the matter was ended. The Ark rested on Mount Judi, and the word went forth: "Away with those who do wrong!" (Surah Hud 11 : verse 44)

Strike X
13-07-2008, 11:52 PM
Maqam Ibrahim and footprint of Ibrahim (AS)

Is there any evidence that is footprint of Ibrahim (AS)?

When did they found that footprint?

Rasheed786
13-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Battle of Badr was fought here

Whats the white structure which looks abbit like a well?

Strike X
14-07-2008, 12:35 AM
There are indeed different views about it. Some says that this is a fake picture while others say that it is not and this picture was taken a long time ago as nobody is allowed to go to that area. Allah knows best.

I thinks its fake.

Please take a look at this: http://www.geocities.com/muslimtruth/Roza-e-Rasool.html

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
14-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Is there any evidence that is footprint of Ibrahim (AS)?

When did they found that footprint?

Maqam Ibraheem (AS) [place where the stone is place on which there are footprint of Ibraheem (AS)] is mentioned in Quran

And remember when We made this House (at Mecca) a recourse for mankind and a sanctuary; and take the place where Ibrahim stood, as your place of prayer; and We imposed a duty upon Ibrahim and Ismail (Ishmael), to fully purify My house for those who go around it, and those who stay in it (for worship), and those who bow down and prostrate themselves. (Al Baqara 2 : verse 125)

The information about this stone is authentic and Prophet (SAW) himself used this place for worship so there is no doubt about the authenticity

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
14-07-2008, 01:23 AM
Whats the white structure which looks abbit like a well?

Yes this is the well

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
14-07-2008, 01:31 AM
I thinks its fake.

Please take a look at this: http://www.geocities.com/muslimtruth/Roza-e-Rasool.html

Well brother there are two opinions. Some says that the picture is authentic while others say that it is fake. The problem is that no one can prove their point of view as no one is allowed to see the grave.

You may be right but you cannot prove it that this is a fake picture. Similarly I cannot prove it to be authentic. So i think we can leave it there. I was told by someone who was working in Masjid An Nabawi during the Shah Fahd extension and di got a chance to be in that place, that this picture looks authentic.

Allah knows best

Strike X
14-07-2008, 01:33 AM
Maqam Ibraheem (AS) [place where the stone is place on which there are footprint of Ibraheem (AS)] is mentioned in Quran

And remember when We made this House (at Mecca) a recourse for mankind and a sanctuary; and take the place where Ibrahim stood, as your place of prayer; and We imposed a duty upon Ibrahim and Ismail (Ishmael), to fully purify My house for those who go around it, and those who stay in it (for worship), and those who bow down and prostrate themselves. (Al Baqara 2 : verse 125)

The information about this stone is authentic and Prophet (SAW) himself used this place for worship so there is no doubt about the authenticity

Thanks, very interesting..

What happen to that footprint of Ibraheem (AS) before prophet Muhammad (SAW) was born? Was the footprint buried?

After Allah reveal the Quran to prophet Muhammad (SAW), did Muhammad (saw) try to find footprint of Ibraheem (AS)?

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
14-07-2008, 01:47 AM
Thanks, very interesting..

What happen to that footprint of Ibraheem (AS) before prophet Muhammad (SAW) was born? Was the footprint buried?

After Allah reveal the Quran to prophet Muhammad (SAW), did Muhammad (saw) try to find footprint of Ibraheem (AS)?

I think this stone was there like the black stone before the birth of Prophet (SAW). Just like the Black stone (Hajr Aswad) this stone stone is also from heaven. This stone used to move up and down when Ibraheem (AS) and Ismail (AS) were building the Kaaba. I think this stone was found near the Mount Abu Qubais (Prophet (SAW) demonstrated the miracle of splitting of the moon from this mountain and this mountain is next to Haram)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
15-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Picture showing houses built by People of Thamud in Madain Saleh. Prophet Saleh (AS) was sent as a messenger to Thamud. Saleh (AS) was sent before Ibrahemm (AS) and after Nooh (AS)

Strike X
16-07-2008, 12:03 AM
How tall was Prophet Saleh (AS)?

I thought in that day.. people were very tall.

That door entrance on your picture look small.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
16-07-2008, 08:31 AM

You cant judge the height of the doors from the picture. Thamud were the decedents of the people of Aad who were giants. Prophet Hud (AS) was sent to the people of Aad. Quran says about Aad.

Did you not see how did your Lord deal with (the tribe of) Aad? (And) the tall giants of Iram? Like whom no one else was born in the cities. And the tribe of Thamud, who hewed rocks in the valley (Al Fajr 89 : verses 6-9)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
16-07-2008, 08:33 AM

Even it is believed the Musa (AS) and firoun who came long time after Prophet (AS) were tall. If you look at the body of Firaun he was about 6 ft 7 inch something. I will try to post the picture of grave of Prophet Sakeh (AS) who was tall as well.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
17-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Grave of Prophet Saleh (AS) who was sent to the people of Thamud.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
17-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Masjid Mohammed Ali Pasha in Cairo (inside Qila (Citadel) Salah din Ayyubi)

Strike X
17-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Grave of Prophet Saleh (AS) who was sent to the people of Thamud.

Hmmm interesting :D

Where is the evidence that is the grave of Prophet Saleh (AS)?

Maybe there is many human in that grave hence its long tomb.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
17-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Hmmm interesting :D

Where is the evidence that is the grave of Prophet Saleh (AS)?

Maybe there is many human in that grave hence its long tomb.

There are archaeological evidences but again nothing is 100% confirmed.

The way picture is taken the grave looks very long. Some times the concrete structure over the grave is larger than the actual grave.:)

marco100
18-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Hazrat Adam ( as) was 60 feet tall and 7 feet wide. Huuuuge :D

MujahidAbdullah
18-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Here are a few that havent been seen. The first is the handprint of Jibril on the rock that tried to go to jinna with Rasoolullah(SAW). The second is the sword and staffs of Rasoolullah (SAW) and the third is the turbans of Rasoolullah(SAW).

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
18-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Jazakallah brother MujahidAbdullah

well-wisher
19-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Here is some information.
The Title of the Kings of Egypt was Firoun. The king at the time of Musa (AS) was Ramses 2 (Ramses Thani). He chased Musa (AS) and the Bani Israel and was drowned (Read Surah Baqara 2 : verse 49 and various other places as well). People believe that the body of this firoun is a mummy which is nit true. When British were ruling Egypt this body was found and the British took this body to UK. It said that just before his death even he accepted the religion of Musa (AS).

Four women are mentioned in Quran. Two of them as good and two as evil. The wives of Lut (AS) and Nuh (AS) are mentioned as evil and Mariam (AS) and wife of Ramses are mentioned as good women (Surah Tahreem 66 : verse 10 -12)

Brother I thought the wife of the al-Azeez in Surah Yusuf also was mentioned. (Surah Yusuf Verses 21-32)?

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
19-07-2008, 12:33 AM
Brother I thought the wife of the al-Azeez in Surah Yusuf also was mentioned. (Surah Yusuf Verses 21-32)?

Assalam O Alaikum brother
The Qur’an while discussing the story of Yousuf (AS) entitled the leader of Egypt by The King while when Quran discusses the story of Musa (AS) the Leader of Egypt is entitled as Pharaoh. The reason is that the during the time of Yousuf (AS) the Pharohs were not the rulers of Egypt and later then defeated the King and Egypt was in their control then.

And the King said, “Indeed I have seen [in a dream] seven fat cows being eaten by seven [that were] lean and seven green spikes [of grain] and others [that were] dry. O eminent ones, explain to me my vision, if you should interpret visions.” (Yousuf 12 : verse 43)

The wife of Firoun (Ramses II) was Asiya (AS) and she adopted Musa (AS).

The wife of Azeez Al Misr is also mentioned and her name was Zulaikha.

What I said was 4 women are specifically mentioned in Quran. Two as good and two as evil in Surah Tahreem.

Wife of Abu Lahab is also mentioned in the Quran in Surah Lahab. The first few verses of Surah Tahreem are also about one of the Umm Al Momineen.

well-wisher
19-07-2008, 12:37 AM
Assalamun 'Aleikum,

Yeah sorry brother I was like I know this brother meant something else cuz I know you are knowledgeable. Al7amdulillah.

Thanks for the clarification on the statement. Plus, you know, someone might read it who might not know and might get confused (like I did). Thanks bro.

Masalam

k.alia
19-07-2008, 12:52 AM
Here are a few that havent been seen. The first is the handprint of Jibril on the rock that tried to go to jinna with Rasoolullah(SAW). The second is the sword and staffs of Rasoolullah (SAW) and the third is the turbans of Rasoolullah(SAW).
These pictures are amazing to reflect on, very rare, thank you for posting them

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
19-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Assalamun 'Aleikum,

Yeah sorry brother I was like I know this brother meant something else cuz I know you are knowledgeable. Al7amdulillah.

Thanks for the clarification on the statement. Plus, you know, someone might read it who might not know and might get confused (like I did). Thanks bro.

Masalam

Brother you are right and I think it was good that you have raised your concern. I'm sure there will no confusion now.

Jazakallah for your post

Strike X
19-07-2008, 01:57 AM
Original Quran.. :)

http://answering-christianity.com/quran/noble_quran_mss1.jpg

Can anyone read this first page in the picture.. how come there is no dots in arabic letter

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
19-07-2008, 04:19 AM
Original Quran.. :)

Can anyone read this first page in the picture.. how come there is no dots in arabic letter

I don't know about this Quranic text but in case of Urdu which is written in the same way as Arabic used to be written without dots. The reason was the people in the old days find it insulting if any one puts dot in the text. This was because of the command of the people on the language.

Strike X
19-07-2008, 12:44 PM
I don't know about this Quranic text but in case of Urdu which is written in the same way as Arabic used to be written without dots. The reason was the people in the old days find it insulting if any one puts dot in the text. This was because of the command of the people on the language.

How would people read the quran correctly without dot in old days..

It could be read as for example: Kul, Kal, Kel
With dots you know which one to pronounce.

Do you have a picture of first quran with the dots in the text?

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
20-07-2008, 11:23 PM
How would people read the quran correctly without dot in old days..

It could be read as for example: Kul, Kal, Kel
With dots you know which one to pronounce.

Do you have a picture of first quran with the dots in the text?

There are two different things. Kasra, Fatha and Damma (Aarab) while dots are different. For example there is a letter jeem with a dot it.

If you are referring to Aarab then these were added by Hajjaj Bin Yousuf. He was the father in lae of Mohammed bin Qasim who defeated Raja Dahir who was ruling in India. Mohammed bin Qasim spread Islam in Indian subcontinent.

bugmenot
20-07-2008, 11:31 PM

To my best knowledge, dots were introduced later.
At the time if you wrote a letter to your fellow with full tashkeel and dots then you'd be considered mad or be taken as doing a joke.

lukm4n
21-07-2008, 01:57 AM
totally loving this thread.. pls keep it going !

jazakallah !!

Strike X
21-07-2008, 09:15 PM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa259/shadowtheatre/kaaba.jpg

Strike X
21-07-2008, 09:20 PM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa211/saher_taif/MAKKAH%20KABA%20OLD%20PICS/16cf.jpg

What year is this?

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
21-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Dome of the rock (top left side) and Masjid Al Aqsa (right side)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
21-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Sankore Masjid, Mali (This mosque is built using mud)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
21-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Dome of the rock (there is a rock inside the dome)

Strike X
21-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Tallest MUD building in the world, mosque (MAL-Djenne)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1306/1302222058_f20cd9004e.jpg

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/4247/mosqueql7.jpg

muhammad_alqadiri
22-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Tallest MUD building in the world, mosque (MAL-Djenne)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1306/1302222058_f20cd9004e.jpg

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/4247/mosqueql7.jpg

Mashallah, that's so cool!

Strike X
22-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Mashallah, that's so cool!

Mashallah Indeed.

It built in 13 century and the mud is still there!! :lol:

You can read more about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Mosque_of_Djenn%C3%A9

Isa al-Maliki
22-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Masha'Allah, alot of good pics in this thread. Keep it up!

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
22-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Masjid e Tooba in Karachi, Pakistan. This masjid is built in 1969 and is is often claimed to be the largest single dome masjid in the world. The dome of the Masjid is 72 meters (236 feet) in diameter, and is balanced on a low surrounding wall with no central pillars. Masjid e Tooba has a single minaret standing 70 meters high. The central prayer hall has a capacity of 5,000 people. It has been built keeping acoustics in mind. A person speaking inside one end of the dome can be heard at the other end.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
24-07-2008, 12:39 AM
Wall of Kaaba between Rukn Iraqi (corner towards Iraq) and Rukn Shami (corner towards Syria). This side is inside Hateem

MujahidAbdullah
24-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Are there any modern photos of the inside of the Ka ba?

when did muslims stop going inside to pray?

what direction do you face when inside the Ka ba?

Is there anything stored within the Ka ba?

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
24-07-2008, 12:48 AM
Masjid Qiblatain in Madina (first few verses of Juzz 2 were revealed here while Prophet (SAW) was leading the prayer). His direction was towards Masjid Al Aqsa and when these verses were revealed he changed his direction towards Masjid Al Haraam during prayer.

Strike X
24-07-2008, 12:50 AM
Wall of Kaaba between Rukn Iraqi (corner towards Iraq) and Rukn Shami (corner towards Syria). This side is inside Hateem

Nice!

The stones/bricks of the kabba seem very new!

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
24-07-2008, 12:53 AM
Are there any modern photos of the inside of the Ka ba?

when did muslims stop going inside to pray?

Is there anything stored within the Ka ba?

Assalam O Alaikum
I have posted a picture of Kaaba from inside in this thread. This is a latest pictures. Hateem is considered to be a part of Kaaba and was originally inside Kaaba but when the Kaaba was rebuilt during the time of Prophet (SAW) [before he became a Prophet] this portion was left outside because of lack of funds. Praying inside hateem is equivalent to praying inside Kaaba. I don't have any information whether it is allowed to pray inside Kaaba.

Inside Kaaba there are three pillars, door of repentance (Bab tauba). The pots used for cleaning the walls of Kaaba are also hanging inside.

leilah786
24-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Salaam brothers and sisters

I must admit that when I saw these pics and thouht, truly, sat and thought about about this life and the History of Islam, I shed tears of joy and wondernment!!!!!! We have the most beautiful true and fasinating religion, alhamdullilah, we are all blessed to be chosen as the true believers....I can only imagine the feeling of attending Haj, if the pics have this effect, how amazing must it be in real life to stand in front of the Kabaa!!!

Alhamdullilah

Saeed M
24-07-2008, 03:53 PM

You can pray facing in any direction when inside the Ka'bah. Generally I've heard that people pray facing the hateem.

Saeed M
24-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Just some pictures that I don't think are in here:

Ka'bah cover being changed:

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5889/kabahchangeghilafwr7.jpg

A picture from 1371AH

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/3278/kabah1371jj5.jpg

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
24-07-2008, 06:47 PM

You can pray facing in any direction when inside the Ka'bah. Generally I've heard that people pray facing the hateem.

Assalam O Alaikum
Jazakallah for the answer

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
24-07-2008, 06:56 PM

I must admit that when I saw these pics and thouht, truly, sat and thought about about this life and the History of Islam, I shed tears of joy and wondernment!!!!!! We have the most beautiful true and fasinating religion, alhamdullilah, we are all blessed to be chosen as the true believers....I can only imagine the feeling of attending Haj, if the pics have this effect, how amazing must it be in real life to stand in front of the Kabaa!!!

Alhamdullilah

Assalam O Alaikum
Performing Hajj or Umrah is indeed a life changing experience. When I came back after performing Hajj I was completely changed. I fet very bad about tose people who wanted to go for hajj but have no resorces. I spend lot of time in telling people about Hajj and places in Makkah and Madina. Alhamdolliah some of my friends became very excited and they went for Hajj.

While one is in Makkah he / she spend all his / her time doing ibada like performing prayers in Haram, doing tawaf, recite Quran etc all day yet it seems at the end of the day that he / she has done nothing.

A person is not worried about job / earning money, about his / her relatives / friends etc and all the concentration is on doing ibada.

I pray that Allah give every one a chance to go for Hajj.

Strike X
24-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Is Umrah included in 5 pillar of Islam?

I know Hajj is..

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
24-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Rukn Aswad (Hajr Aswad is fixed in this corner)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
24-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Is Umrah included in 5 pillar of Islam?

I know Hajj is..

Umrah is also called Minor hajj (Hajj Asghar) but it is not a compulsory act of worship. When a person goes for Hajj (not a local) he will perform Umrah before hajj

Sparkles
24-07-2008, 08:14 PM

Alhamdullilah

Assalamualikum

Very true,sis. These pictures make me feel like I have missed out on something really great in my life. May Almighty Allah take us there soon. Aameen.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
24-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Roof of Masjid Al Haraam Complex

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
24-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Maqam Ibraheem

Strike X
25-07-2008, 02:47 AM
Prophet Salah PBUH

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3295/2532892871_0ba33ed403_o.jpg

alfatiha
25-07-2008, 03:46 AM
:salam: sometimes I just feel that it is disrespectful to take picture while doing tawaf or posing in front of Ka'aba (like make a du'a pose) let alone bringing your phone inside Masjidil Haram (or Masjid Nabawi). Hopefully nobody sneak in camera and pose in front of Nabi :saw: with a V sign.

Tazkiyah
25-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Jannatul Baqi

Tazkiyah
25-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Janatul Mu'alla

Strike X
25-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Janatul Mu'alla

Is this a house of grave?

This was demolished?

k.alia
25-07-2008, 04:30 PM
More pictures of praying and offering Salat whatever the situation one is in..

Tazkiyah
25-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Is this a house of grave?

This was demolished?

Those are maqams built over the graves.

Tazkiyah
25-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Masjid of the 40 Abdals on Jabal Qasyun (Damascus, Syria)

Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) is reported to have said, 'Abdaals will
be found in Shaam. They will be forty in number. Whenever one of them passes away, he will be replaced by another. It is through them that Allah Ta'ala will cause it to rain and also grant the Muslims victory over their enemy and remove a possible punishment.' (Musnad Ahmad)

Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) is reported to have said, 'The Abdaals of my Ummah shall be forty, of which twenty will be in Shaam and eighteen in Iraq. Every time one passes away, another replaces him. When Qiyaamat, occurs, all will pass away.'

Ali (ra) once warned his followers not to curse the people of Damascus with whom they were at war, saying:

'Do not curse the people of Sham , for among them are the Abdal through whom Allah sustains you, bestows His mercy upon you and makes the rains fall upon you.'

Muqtabis-un-Noor
25-07-2008, 10:39 PM
the grave of Prophet Salih alaihis salaam is long but seems too thin judging by the picture.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Pilgrims spending the night of 9th Dhul Hijja in Muzdalifa in front of Masjid Mashr Al Haraam

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
29-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Pilgrims stoning Jamrah Al Aqba on 10th Dhul Hijja in Mina

alfatiha
30-07-2008, 03:58 AM
Pilgrims stoning Jamrah Al Aqba on 10th Dhul Hijja in Mina

:salam: where exactly is the place where to stone? Is it in the middle of the wall? or the whole wall is considered Jamrah Aqabah?

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
30-07-2008, 09:01 AM
:salam: where exactly is the place where to stone? Is it in the middle of the wall? or the whole wall is considered Jamrah Aqabah?

Assalam O Alaikum
Originally there was just a pillar but this pillar is replaced by a wall in 2004. Pilgrims can stone the whole wall. There are two stories and pilgrims stone the wall on both stories. There will be two more levels added.

Strike X
31-07-2008, 12:17 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3069/2716591287_707015eb3a_b.jpg

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
31-07-2008, 01:10 AM
Jamraat Bridge in Mina

alfatiha
31-07-2008, 01:53 AM
Assalam O Alaikum
Originally there was just a pillar but this pillar is replaced by a wall in 2004. Pilgrims can stone the whole wall. There are two stories and pilgrims stone the wall on both stories. There will be two more levels added.

:ws: That is what I'm wondering. Is this allowed? Is the whole wall considered as Jamrat?

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
31-07-2008, 02:28 AM
:ws: That is what I'm wondering. Is this allowed? Is the whole wall considered as Jamrat?

Assalam O Alaikum
Yes it is allowed and the pilgrims can hit any where on the wall. In fact by next year probably the pilgrims will stone the jamraat on 4 levels. Saudi Government are building a four level bridge.

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
31-07-2008, 02:30 AM
Old picture (Pillar representing Jamaraat)

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
31-07-2008, 02:33 AM
Pilgrims doing Ramy (Stoning Jamaraat) ground level

Ahmed_Ibn_Adam
02-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Pilgrims going from Mazdalifah to Mina on the morning of 10th Dhul Hijja