PDA

View Full Version : Talking During Azan

kimskams81
28-04-2009, 07:40 AM
AoA

Can someone confirm this hadith please or quote some other hadiths on this topic

"The Holy Prophet (SAW) said, Stop doing everything during the Azaan, even
reading the Quran, the person who talks during the Azaan will not be able
to say the Kalima A Shahadat on his/her death bed"

JazakALLAH

AoA

abulayl
28-04-2009, 12:49 PM
:salam: there are some narrations about talking during azan, Those hadith are fabricated.

True Life
28-04-2009, 01:23 PM
:salam:

But it is still disliked to talk during Adhan, right?

I observed something else as well: Some people in the Masjid when Adhan begins and they're standing they won't sit down... one man even reprimands people when they want to sit down. Is this behaviour correct?

abulayl
28-04-2009, 01:24 PM

But it is still diskliked to talk during Adhan, right?
:ws: aww :) cause we gotta answer the Azan´s word and not talk anything else. But heard scholars says it ok to keep doing bayan while azan. may be Mufti saab clearify that.

True Life
28-04-2009, 01:29 PM
:ws:
But heard scholars says it ok to keep doing bayan while azan.In Raiwind I saw many elders/scholars, who paused their Bayanaat during Adhan to reply to the words of Adhan.

kimskams81
29-04-2009, 02:19 PM
AoA

Can you post the authenticated "narrations" or "hadith" about this topic?

And please also clarify that what are narrations in this context.

Thanks

JazakALLAH

abulayl
29-04-2009, 02:55 PM
AoA

Can you post the authenticated "narrations" or "hadith" about this topic?

:ws:
Actuelly there aren´t any hadith which warn us that if we talk while azan so and so thing will happen. what we should do is answering the words of azan.

And please also clarify that what are narrations in this context.

one phrase like if anybody talks during adhan their 40 years deeds will be earsed. this is not a Hadith as mentioned in (Zailul maqasidil Hasana)

and another if anyone talks during adhan he may lost his iman. Allamah saghani said it is fabricated in Risalatul mawdhuat:12 and Kashful Khafa 2/226, 240

taalib_e_ilm
29-04-2009, 10:02 PM
A great story of Azaan I heard once in jamaat.

A person in Delhi, India was on his death bed. All his life he did sins, specially drink liquor. He was in the state of death but death would not come to him. The buzurg at this person's bed told the family member this person must have done some good deed in his life. The family members and relatives said he has sinned all his life. He was drunk all his life. The buzurg said think, this person must have done some good deed. One family member said, when azaan was called, he used to stop what he was doing and give reply to azaan quietly. When azaan finished, he continued his sin, didnt pray salaat. The buzurg gave azaan or told someone to give azaan. When azaan was being called, the person got strength in his body and started replying to azaan. When azaan was finished he died saying the kalimah (the kalimah is in azaan).

Just for respecting azaan, he left this world with kalimah.

This story may be true, maybe not. Only Allah Ta'ala knows, and this story is not daleel.

May Allah Ta'ala give us taufiq that we also respect Islam and follow it fully.

Ansari
29-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Do not some scholars state that if one was reading Qur'an, and adhan starts, he can keep on reading?

shatibi
29-04-2009, 10:30 PM

I once heard the following (along these lines):

Hadhrat Abdullah ibn Mubarak :rahim:, the well known scholar, had a neighbor, who was a blacksmith.

Following the shaikh's death :rahim:, one of his students saw him in a dream and asked him about his circumstances. Shaykh replied that :alhamd: Allah :taala: has been very kind and merciful with me, and granted me such and such, etc. In Jannah, I had such and such building, but then I saw an even higher and loftier building. So I asked who that belonged to, and I was given the reply that it belonged to my neighbor the blacksmith.

Following that, the people investigated this neighbor, and they saw two things in him:

1) He used to beat metal with a huge hammer, etc. However, when the voice of the mu'adhin came, he stopped right where he was, even stopping his hammer in mid-air, not moving anything while the adhan was called. After adhan was over, then he brought down the hammer.

2) Sometimes he used to go on the roof of his house, and he would see next door the Halaqah of Abdullah ibn Mubarak going on. So he would in his heart yearn that he could be among those students and scholars, and make dua to Allah that I want to be from among them, but due to circumstances, I cannot.

Quraatulain
30-04-2009, 12:13 AM
It will be Mustahabb to terminate the recital of the Quraan at the time of Adhaan. (Shaami vol.1 pg.399; HM Saeed)

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.php?askid=fc5ebb53fe30c27049ab4fbce0813763

It is Mustahabb [commendable] in the Shari’ah to remain silent and attentive whilst the Adhaan is being called out. Similarly, to disengage oneself from all other activities whilst the Adhaan is being called out is Mustaahabb. The Fuqahaa (jurists) have stated that even if a person is engaged in reciting the Qur’aan, he should pause his recitation and listen to the Adhaan attentively and reply to the Adhaan. The same is applicable to a person engaged in Wudhu where it is Mustahabb for him to pause his Wudhu and listen attentively to the Adhaan. (Raddul Muhtaar vol.1 pg.399)

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.php?askid=ce1e45e68e278dda74195ea79ba56886

29-04-2011, 06:10 AM
•Just a few days ago my brother was telling us that someone told him that there is a possibility of salb e iman(iman to be taken away)if you talk while azan is going on(Allah save us all)
•And it was the habit of kuffar when they would hear zikr of Allah they would make noise so they can't hear it(I'm sure we don't talk because of that but it's similar)I can't remember the ayat properly but I'm sure there is an ayat aswel that mentions this habit of the kuffar
•and iv heard and I'm sure many of you have aswel that some kuffar would respect the azan so much that they would stop doing everything at the time and just listen to the words so Allah gave them iman..
May Allah give us tawfeeq of respecting all the شعائرالله and save us from disrespect..

bugmenot
29-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Maalik narrated in al-Muwatta’ (1/103) from Ibn Shihaab that Tha’labah ibn Abi Maalik al-Qurazi told him: At the time of ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab they would pray on Friday until ‘Umar came out. When ‘Umar came out and sat on the minbar and the muezzin gave the adhaan, Tha’labah said: We would sit and talk, then when the muezzins fell silent and ‘Umar stood up to deliver the khutbah, we would listen attentively and none of us would speak.

Ibn Shihaab said: When the imam comes out, prayer should stop, and when he speaks, speaking should stop.

Shaykh al-Albaani (:rahim:) said in Tamaam al-Minnah (340):

This report indicates that it is not obligatory to repeat the words of the muezzin, because what was done at the time of ‘Umar was that people spoke during the adhaan, and ‘Umar did not say anything about that. I have often been asked about the evidence that repeating the words of the adhaan is not obligatory, and I have replied in this manner. End quote. [taken from Islam-qa]

Can any one shed light on it?