PDA

View Full Version : al-Maktaba as-Shamila

KeepTheGazeDown
16-06-2009, 05:32 PM
:salam:

Iv downloaded this software and Alhamdulillah it is really excellent. However, after I download the book when I close the application and restart it again, the book is not on the software.

Any help is appreciated.

:ws:

Mubid al-Majus
19-06-2009, 11:55 PM

Iv downloaded this software and Alhamdulillah it is really excellent. However, after I download the book when I close the application and restart it again, the book is not on the software.

Any help is appreciated.

salam `alaykum wa rahmatullah,

There are two ways how you can use Shamila.

The first is if you download the software with all the books. This way, you can search through all of them together and they will always appear when you restart the software.

The second is if you simply download the software, without the books. Like this, you can download a book (.bok) you want to read and save it somewhere. But each time you want to read it, you'll have to open the file. This is good if you want less space occupied and quick browsing through the book you desire.

In the first way, however, you can access both the books that you downloaded with the software and additional books you downloaded after. This is probably the best way (unless you know how to download a book and then save it with the bulk) since more and more books are converted into .bok files and there are different editions available as well.

I hope this helps.

KeepTheGazeDown
20-06-2009, 11:11 AM
salam `alaykum wa rahmatullah,

There are two ways how you can use Shamila.

The first is if you download the software with all the books. This way, you can search through all of them together and they will always appear when you restart the software.

The second is if you simply download the software, without the books. Like this, you can download a book (.bok) you want to read and save it somewhere. But each time you want to read it, you'll have to open the file. This is good if you want less space occupied and quick browsing through the book you desire.

In the first way, however, you can access both the books that you downloaded with the software and additional books you downloaded after. This is probably the best way (unless you know how to download a book and then save it with the bulk) since more and more books are converted into .bok files and there are different editions available as well.

I hope this helps.

Jazaka-Allah Khair for your reply, Alhamdulillah I have understood how to use it and as you say it does take alot of space. I think a good idea would be to save the software on a usb, what do you think?.

Just one thing, I have alot of files in PDF, however I noticed they dont work, would you know any method to make it work?

Husain
20-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Just one thing, I have alot of files in PDF, however I noticed they dont work, would you know any method to make it work?

If they don't open when you try to open them with Acrobat, try this out.
Ensure that the entire path including the file name doesn't contain any Arabic characters, all English (latin).
Just move one of those files to the root directory and ensure that its name is in english and try to open it. If it works, then rename the directories you keep them in.

KeepTheGazeDown
20-06-2009, 04:39 PM

If they don't open when you try to open them with Acrobat, try this out.
Ensure that the entire path including the file name doesn't contain any Arabic characters, all English (latin).
Just move one of those files to the root directory and ensure that its name is in english and try to open it. If it works, then rename the directories you keep them in.

Jazaka-Allah Khair. I did try what you mentioned. I renamed it in english then I tried to download the pdf file in the software. However, it would not move in the download compartment. What I then did is compressed it to .rar. I then moved it into the download compartment and it showed it downloaded, however I couldnt find it in the directory. Is there something I am doing wrong?.

Husain
20-06-2009, 05:40 PM

You are trying to open a pdf file in Maktabah Shamilah???

The Shamilah is a text based program, which can only open text files eg. .doc .html etc.
Pdf files can only be opened in Adobe Acrobat and related programs.

The latest version of the shamilah opens an Acrobat window inside the Shamilah to allow such files to be viewed, if they have been incoporated into the Shamilah correctly and attached to a text file.

KeepTheGazeDown
20-06-2009, 11:27 PM

You are trying to open a pdf file in Maktabah Shamilah???

if they have been incoporated into the Shamilah correctly and attached to a text file.

Yes I was trying open a pdf file in the software. Could you please clarify on the bold part since I am able to view the file in Maktabah Shamilah but I cant do a search e.g I cant use the search to find out if a certain phrase is used in the pdf file im viewing. Hence I felt trying to download it might enbale me to use such features.

salaamshuja
22-06-2009, 06:31 PM
As-salaam-Alai-Kum.. If any of my Muslim Brother help me to the link to download the whole software of Al-Maktaba as-Shamila....
JazakAllah

salaamshuja
22-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Dear Brother...can you forward me the link to download Al-Maktaba As-Shamila....
JazaakAllah

KeepTheGazeDown
23-06-2009, 04:23 AM
Dear Brother...can you forward me the link to download Al-Maktaba As-Shamila....
JazaakAllah

Here is the link: http://islamport.com/ms.html

Online: http://www.islamport.com/

It can also be downloaded from the ahle-hadith forum Look at the sticky threads in the maktabah shamilah section.

If you need help: http://www.shamela.ws/help.php

awais_400
23-10-2009, 09:27 AM
asalam u alyukem
is taht possible that i install shemila on nokia n97??or shemila filess run on adobe acrobat?because maktab is a exe file soft ware.but nokia n97 is a sis and sisx file base phone.kindly help me i am very thankful to you.

KeepTheGazeDown
23-10-2009, 10:02 AM
asalam u alyukem
is taht possible that i install shemila on nokia n97??or shemila filess run on adobe acrobat?because maktab is a exe file soft ware.but nokia n97 is a sis and sisx file base phone.kindly help me i am very thankful to you.

I doubt you could install it in your phone since it takes up too much storage space.

awais_400
23-10-2009, 01:02 PM

I doubt you could install it in your phone since it takes up too much storage space.

asalam u alyukem
Thanks for reply. I have Nokia N97 and its internal storage is 32GB. I have copied files in it but Setup.exe does not run on my phone. Becuase N97 is not compatible with .exe files. It only supports .sis and .jar type files. I have tried to convert .exe file into .sis or .jar but unsuccessful.

One more thing. Can i run Shamila files on Acrobat becuase Acrobat is installed on my phone.

Please help me in this regard.

Jazakomullah

KeepTheGazeDown
23-10-2009, 05:49 PM
asalam u alyukem
Thanks for reply. I have Nokia N97 and its internal storage is 32GB. I have copied files in it but Setup.exe does not run on my phone. Becuase N97 is not compatible with .exe files. It only supports .sis and .jar type files. I have tried to convert .exe file into .sis or .jar but unsuccessful.

One more thing. Can i run Shamila files on Acrobat becuase Acrobat is installed on my phone.

Please help me in this regard.

Jazakomullah

I am no computer expert but I would think only the pdf files would work. However, the majority of shamila files from what i know are word files hence they would not work in adobe.

Husain
23-10-2009, 07:03 PM

See here (http://www.ce4arab.com/vb7/showthread.php?t=110699) for details on how to get it to work on your phone.

awais_400
26-10-2009, 12:03 PM

See here (http://www.ce4arab.com/vb7/showthread.php?t=110699) for details on how to get it to work on your phone.

asalam m alyukem.
thank you very much for your responce.but this is not working. and much complecated.and above range of my mind.any how thank you for your support.