PDA

View Full Version : Abaya/Jilbab, WHERE?

Neosoul
03-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Assalamu Alaikum everyone!

I recently started wearing abayas and am at a loss where to find any!

I have looked as far and wide as possible, yet there doesn't seem to be that many stores around where I am. (Manchester, England).

I would be extremely grateful if any sisters (or even brothers) could give me the name of shops or online stores where I could buy some.

Jazakallah!

J3z
03-10-2009, 07:23 PM
An aunty of mine recently told my mother of a website where you can get beautiful Jilbabs from. They come in various different prices.

http://al-nisah.com/

bint abdul hameed
03-10-2009, 10:21 PM

I have looked as far and wide as possible, yet there doesn't seem to be that many stores around where I am. (Manchester, England).

I would be extremely grateful if any sisters (or even brothers) could give me the name of shops or online stores where I could buy some.

Jazakallah!

Wa alaikum asalam wrwb,

You can find some nice abayas at www.hamzahonline.com

Idil_
03-10-2009, 10:27 PM
:ws:

you can find some really gorgeous abayas in the U.A.E :thumbsup:

Neosoul
04-10-2009, 01:04 AM
:ws:

you can find some really gorgeous abayas in the U.A.E :thumbsup:

Yeah, I heard UAE and Saudi are the best place to get them but unfortunately I can't travel there any time soon, so it'll have to be local places or online.

Maybe i'm just really fussy... lol

bint abdul hameed
04-10-2009, 01:33 AM
Yeah, I heard UAE and Saudi are the best place to get them but unfortunately I can't travel there any time soon, so it'll have to be local places or online.

Did you try hamzahonline.com?

Quraatulain
04-10-2009, 02:06 AM
:salam:

I have never bought from any of these but they do have some nice stuff..

http://www.thehijabshop.com/jilbabs/
http://www.islamicimpressions.co.uk/jilbabs~9~33~1.dhtml
http://www.islamorient.com/Scripts/prodList.asp?idcategory=45
http://www.ummahshop.com/items?c=44
http://www.shukr.co.uk/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=uk&Category_Code=women-outerwear

Urban Muslimahs
04-10-2009, 07:58 AM

Jazakallah!

Wa Alaikum Assalam Ukhti..eBay has some really good Sellers and the prices are very reasonable

Layla_21
04-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Maybe you could try the Hijab Centre in Blackburn.

Idil_
04-10-2009, 01:30 PM

Sister I have looked around some shops with my friends and wallahi all the abayas/jilbabs they have are very boring and quite ugly.You can try Egware Street see if there are any Arab clothes shops maybe you can some really beautiful abayas.

Neosoul
04-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Sister I have looked around some shops with my friends and wallahi all the abayas/jilbabs they have are very boring and quite ugly.You can try Egware Street see if there are any Arab clothes shops maybe you can some really beautiful abayas.

Lol, tell me about it. I'm thinking i'm just going to end up getting the material and designing them myself. I'm 20 years old, so for me, alot of the designs aren't really very nice to be wearing to university and when i'm out with my friends. I want to feel good and comfortable in them, not frumpy!

I went to Hijab World in Bolton, which had some decent, if slightly pricey ones.

Thanks for the websites, I did try hamzahonline.com, some were quite nice and at a very reasonable price too! Thanks bint abdul hameed! :)

I'd add islamorient.com to any list of good abaya online shops.

Thanks again guys!

Quraatulain
04-10-2009, 07:19 PM

I usually design my own jilbabs and have them sewn also as I prefer simple stuff.I rarely buy jilbabs as most of them that are sold are always to fussy ..yup I like the plain stuff..

I bought a plain black abaya from hamzaonline and it's really comfy mashaAllah..

Neosoul
04-10-2009, 07:30 PM

I usually design my own jilbabs and have them sewn also as I prefer simple stuff.I rarely buy jilbabs as most of them that are sold are always to fussy ..yup I like the plain stuff..

I bought a plain black abaya from hamzaonline and it's really comfy mashaAllah..

Best option - do it yourself!! :D

Better get my sewing kit out!

myusername
13-02-2011, 06:00 PM
I think sewing it yourself is a great idea, it allows you to choose the cloth yourself and the fit will be better (you wont have to shorten sleeves etc afterwards). My aunt found sewing patterns online, and hers is a beautiful black on bordered with red ribbon. Simple usually looks the most elegant.
A little like this.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__BdubNlqYtE/TJM8odCmKGI/AAAAAAAAGuw/eLEvv0njygQ/s1600/23506_482964045340_200118290340_11256972_1490748_n .jpg

NourAlHouda
18-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Salam sister - there is this really good new shop called TAYBAH COLLECTION in Birmingham on Ladypool rd that sells Abaya. Masha Allah they have some beautiful designs - they also have a sister there that does hijaab for weddings and parties etc.

VeiledOne
18-05-2011, 11:29 PM
I think sewing it yourself is a great idea, it allows you to choose the cloth yourself and the fit will be better (you wont have to shorten sleeves etc afterwards). My aunt found sewing patterns online, and hers is a beautiful black on bordered with red ribbon. Simple usually looks the most elegant.
A little like this.

It would be nice if there was an online tutorial on how to sew an abaya. I`m sure it would be a hit and I would love to use it as well. =) If anyone knows of any such exists, please share the link. :jazak:

lemon cake
04-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Assalmu'alaykum,
i'd just like to say it is extremely disheartening to read the replies on this thread regarding 'beautifully designed' abayas. sister u really need to ask yourself...if the whole point of wearing an abaya is to cover yourself amd hide your beauty, than what use is an abaya that will look stunning? Ironically i struggle to find abayas that are completely plain .

honestly, your best solution is to buy some material and get it sewn

mzra
22-08-2013, 11:43 AM
NEW Abaya store recently pooped up in rochdale- these types of stores are becoming popular..

YUMNAS
80 tweedale street
Rochdale
OL11 3TZ
UK

Amna4
22-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Sunnahstyle.com has simple abayas, and they are super nice! Not heavy, but soft material and they are big without looking baggy (and I'm a very slim person, so finding not baggy is hard!)

There is also eastessence.com that has inexpensive abaya for every day wear :)