PDA

View Full Version : Relationship between Indian & Pakistani Scholars

True Life
30-12-2009, 03:58 PM
:salam:

How is the relationship between Indian and Pakistani scholars of our time? I'm especially interested in those scholars, who interact with their respective goverments (in India e.g. Maulana Mahmood Asad Madni and in Pakistan e.g. Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani). I became curious after listening to Maulana Mahmood Asad Madni Sahib over the last few days and his harsh opinion about Pakistan. And it could be possible that he blames as well the senior 'Ulema of Pakistan for not discharging their responsibility properly. (Wallahu 'Alam) In the documentary "The Legacy of Asad Madni" on Youtube I saw as well a picture of Maulana Mahmood Madni and Maulana Fazlur Rahman.

Your input would be appreciated. And it does not have to deal with the example above or with politics at all - that's just what I am personally curious about. Can be kept general, too. :jazak:

:ws:

Sunni_Student786
31-12-2009, 06:57 PM
This is a good topic.

For some reason though, I doubt that you will get many responses.

abulayl
31-12-2009, 07:41 PM
I doubt that you will get many responses.
Few responce with knowledge is better than more responce with rants :)

yas245
31-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Why not the relationship between Afghan Scholars as well ??

shujaslam
01-01-2010, 12:58 AM
yeah that is an interesting question..i actually thought about this issue once too.

True Life
01-01-2010, 01:19 AM

Maybe SF members from India and Pakistan can do some research by finding out from the (senior) 'Ulema of their localities. I'm sure members like Maulana Abu Bilal and others could be helpful in this regard and find out one or two things. Anyone ready to volunteer?!

QuestforthePath
01-01-2010, 01:31 PM
There is music in that documentary (and it says in the beginning "For Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind") :(

qwerty88
01-01-2010, 02:06 PM
salaam
jamia binnori town in karachi pakistan is probably the most established madrassah in the country, the sheikh ul hadith there is maulana abdur razzaq sikander. a few years back i was present at the khatam e bukhari and maulana arshad madani performed the task. there is a excellent relationship between the senior ulema of both countries. maulana talha kandhalwi went to jamia binnori town when he went pakistan in the same year aswell. as someone who lives opposite the jamia iv witnessed all this with my own eyes. its not a second hand account. the senior ulema have loyalty and respect for eachother but then again these ulema dont really have much to do with politics.

True Life
01-01-2010, 02:08 PM
:ws:
jamia binnori town in karachi pakistan is probably the most established madrassah in the country, the sheikh ul hadith there is maulana abdur razzaq sikander. a few years back i was present at the khatam e bukhari and maulana arshad madani performed the task. there is a excellent relationship between the senior ulema of both countries. maulana talha kandhalwi went to jamia binnori town when he went pakistan in the same year aswell. as someone who lives opposite the jamia iv witnessed all this with my own eyes. its not a second hand account. the senior ulema have loyalty and respect for eachother but then again these ulema dont really have much to do with politics.:jazak: That's what I was looking for, so if you have come to know of more such incidents then fill us in.

Ali al-Hanafi
01-01-2010, 05:09 PM

Hadhrat Mawlana Madani (rahmatullahialayh) visited Pakistan and pledged to support it after it was established. Hadhrat Mawlana Qari Muhammad Tayyib Sahib (rahmatullahialayh) helped form Pakistan's Islamic Constitution.

qwerty88
01-01-2010, 05:12 PM
just to add a 124 year old sheikh ul hadis came from afghanistan on one occasion and he gave a dars on bukhari and gave the students ijaazah. all the senior lecturers from the jamia were seated with the students and listened to the lecture as students do and then the sheikh read poetry in persian. the name has left my mind right now but if i remember ill let you know. just thaught id put this in to answer the question on the relationship between pak - afghan ulema.

yas245
01-01-2010, 05:59 PM
just to add a 124 year old sheikh ul hadis came from afghanistan on one occasion and he gave a dars on bukhari and gave the students ijaazah. all the senior lecturers from the jamia were seated with the students and listened to the lecture as students do and then the sheikh read poetry in persian. the name has left my mind right now but if i remember ill let you know. just thaught id put this in to answer the question on the relationship between pak - afghan ulema.

Beautiful. There have perhaps been many instances of Afghan sheikhs venturing into Pakistan to deliver lectures and talks, I'm assuming it happens more so in the NWFP and the Baluchistan Province because of ability to speak the same language as the locals. While at the same time some Afghans are Urdu literate, but i haven't heard anything, if any like it takes place at all, about any talk they've delivered in Urdu in parts of Punjab and Sindh.

As much as i would like to see more of a connection with Afghan scholars, I'd day it's probably less likely to happen especially as they've been given such a bad name in the Pak press. And I always wondered why our brothers across the western borders of Pakistan have always been neglected ?? whenever Imams talk of Pakistan, they'll always link it back the "We were one country before" line , and it would be a crime not to mention "India" and/or "Bangladesh" (not that i have anything against these nations). Even though the zameen and rulers have always been linked closer to the Persian tradition than the cultural dominating Eastern borders.