PDA

View Full Version : Deoband nasheed + old pics of Deobandi scholars

xs11ax
29-03-2010, 09:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Id5E7I1ccg

Moderator Note: Link contains some images of scholars who were strictly opposed to pictures being taken, some images of doubtful authenticity, some images of non scholars, and some of those not of the maslak of Deoband.

SomeGuySeekingKnowledge
29-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Shaykh Sudais studied under Deoband ulema?

and why is Osama bin Laden there lol

Ansari
29-03-2010, 10:25 PM
I was surprised by the pictures shown of the following scholars:

Mawlana Anwar Shah Kashmiri
Mawlana Binnori
Mufti Abdur Razzaq Iskandar
Mufti Shafi
Mufti Yusuf Ludhianwi
Mufti Zarwali
Mawlana Musa Khan

Saad
29-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Assalam o alaykum,

:subh:

ssjkakarot
29-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Asalamu alaykum,

Can somebody that reads urdu please list all the ulema that are shown?

'Abd al-Baari
30-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Assalaamu 'Alaykum,

Can somebody that reads urdu please list all the ulema that are shown?

^ Here is a list of all the people in the video, in order. I've added the times of when there names are shown.

Hakeem al-Ummah 'Allama Ashraf Ali al-Thanwi [0:22]
Shaykh al-Arab wal-Ajam Mawlana Hussain Ahmad al-Madani [0:30]
'Allama Mawlana Anwar Shah al-Kashsmiri [0:39]
Qari Muhammad Tayyab Qasmi [0:46]
Mawlana Manzoor Ahmad Nu'mani [0:58]
Shaykul Hadeeth Mawlana Musa Khan al-Baazi [1:06]
Mawlana Ubaydullah Sindhi [1:13]
'Allamah Yusuf Binori [1:21]
Mawlana Mufti Mahmood Saheb [1:27]
Mawlana Fadhl al-Rahman Saheb [1:39]
Mawlana Ihtishaamul Haq al-Thanwi [1:48]
Mawlana Gulam Gawth Hizarwi [1:55]
Mawlana Abdul Qaadir Raipuri [2:03]
'Allamah Sarfaraz Khan Safdar [2:12]
Mufti Yusuf Ludhyaanvi shaheed [2:21]
Mufti Nizaamudeen Shamzi shaheed [2:28]
Mawlana Abdullah Shaheed - Lal Masjid [2:39]
Mawlana Abdul Aziz (Khateeb Lal Masjid) [2:47]
Ghazi Abdul Rasheed shaheed [2:54]
Mawlana Habeebullah Mukhtaar shaheed [3:07]
Mawlana Saleemullah Khan [3:15]
Mufti Rafee al-Uthmaani [3:23]
Qadhee Hameedullah Khan [3:34]
Amir Shariat 'Allamah Ataaullah Shah Bukahri [3:42]
'Allamah Shabbir Ahmad Uthamaani [3:50]
Mawlana Ilyaas al-Khandlawi [3:56]
Mufti Ateeq al-Rahmaan [4.03]
Shaykh al-Sudays (Imaam al-Haram) [4:13]
Shaykh al-Islaam Mufti Taqi al-Uthmaani [4:21]
Haji Abdul Wahhab (Ameer Jamaat al-Tabligh Pakistan) [4:28]
Mawlana Taariq Jameel [4:37]
Mawlana Abdul Haq Akora Khattak [4:45]
Mufti Shafi al-Uthmaani [4:52]
Shaykh al-Hadeeth Mawlana Zakariyya [5:04]
Shaykh al-Hudhaify (Imaam Masjid al-Nabawi) [.5:2]
Mawlana Subhaan Mahmood [5:19]
Mawlana Hasan Jan shaheed [5:28]
Mawlana Qari Haq Nawaaz [5:35]
Shaykh Abul Hasan Ali al-Hasani al-Nadwi [5.42]
Mawlana Haq Nawaaz Jhangwi Shaheed [5:54]
Mawlana Zia al-Rahmaan Farooqi shaheed [6:06]
Mawlana Azam Taariq shaheed [6:20]
'Allamah Ali Sher Hayderi shaheed [6:30]
Mawlana Ahmad Ludhyanwi [6:38]
Khaleefah Abdul Qayoom Sahib [6:45]
Mawlana Masood Azhar [6:54]
Usama bin Laden [7:00]
Mulla Muhammad Umar Mujahid [7:08]
Mufti Abdul Razzaq Iskander [7:16]
Mufti Zar Wali Khan [7:27]
Shaykh al-Shuraym (Imaam al-Haram) [7:35]
Mufti Muhammad Naeem [7:44]

May Allah have mercy upon those upon those who have left this world, and lenghten the shadow of those who are still amongst us.

Saad
30-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Assalaamu 'Alaykum,

Here is a list of all the people in the video, in order.

Assalam o alaykum,

It would be nice if you can add the minutes as well or it can be confusing for some as some scholars have few pictures and most have only one being showed.

The Fake Shaykh
30-03-2010, 12:18 AM
I was surprised by the pictures shown of the following scholars:

Mawlana Binnori
Mufti Shafi
Mufti Yusuf Ludhianwi
Mufti Zarwali
Mawlana Musa Khan

i got sent a email with similer pictures and some more ulama

'Abd al-Baari
30-03-2010, 12:52 AM
Assalam o alaykum,

It would be nice if you can add the minutes as well or it can be confusing for some as some scholars have few pictures and most have only one being showed.

Wa'Alaykumus Salaam.

Good idea akhee, I've edited my post.

The Mufti Mahmood Saheb shown at 1.27 is that Mufti Mahmood al-Hasan Gangohi?

Sulaiman84
30-03-2010, 01:14 AM
:takbir:

Snap.......looking at some of the pics makes a brotha wanna cry. It must be the haybah.

Saad
30-03-2010, 01:38 AM
Wa'Alaykumus Salaam.

The Mufti Mahmood Saheb shown at 1.27 is that Mufti Mahmood al-Hasan Gangohi?

Assalam o alaykum,

No, he is Mawlana Mufti Mahmud of N.W.F.P, ustaad of Shaykh Musa Ruhani al-Bazi (http://zakariyya.wordpress.com/2008/10/17/%e2%80%98allamah-muhammad-musa-ruhani-al-bazi-may-allah-shower-his-mercy-upon-him/), and not Mufti Mahmud al-Hassan Gangohi. He was the leader of Jami'at 'Ulama Islam and 'Almi Majlis Tahaffuz Khattam-i-Nabuwwat - along with 'Allamah Binori - when Qadianis were declared kafir by the Pakistani Parliament in 1974. He debated Mirza Mahmud, grandson of Ghulam Ahmad Qadiani, in the Parliament. He was also elected as the Chief Minister of the N.W.F.P but resigned after one year. When he was the Chief Minister, he banned alcohol in his province among other excellent decisions.

He is the father of Mawlana Fazal al-Rahman, current amir of Jami'at 'Ulama Islam (F).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbC-1dS3JEM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB6EyFMkCyc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH_1bPINuGU&feature=related

Abu_Bilal
30-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Assalaamu 'Alaykum,

Mawlana Ilyaas al-Khandlawi [3:56]

Walikum-us-salam.

Just a small correction.

Maulana Idrees Kandalwi (famous aalim, who wrote many books like Aqaid-ul-Islam) and Maulana Ilyas (founder of tableegh) are two different personalities.

The one shown in the clip is Maulana Ilyas who revived the noble work of tableegh in the ummah. And there is no "Kandalwi" with his name.

Nu'ayman ibn Amr
30-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Walikum-us-salam.

Just a small correction.

Maulana Ilyas Kandalwi (famous aalim, who wrote many books like Aqaid-ul-Islam) and Maulana Ilyas (founder of tableegh) are two different personalities.

The one shown in the clip is Maulana Ilyas who revived the noble work of tableegh in the ummah.

:salam:

I think you mean Mawlana Muhammad Idris Kandhlawi :rahim: ?

The Fake Shaykh
30-03-2010, 11:31 AM

the author of aqaaid ul islam is Maulana Muhammad Idris Kandhalvi

SeekerOfGuidance
30-03-2010, 02:37 PM

I didnít watch it because for some reason I felt discomforted.

Knowing our Akabirís very strict position on photos wouldnít it be more respectful not to look at their pictures, or display them on the internet?

Could some of the Ulama on this forum comment please.

:jazak:

abdlashay
30-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Assalaamu 'Alaykum,

Shaykh al-Sudays (Imaam al-Haram) [4:13]

Shaykh al-Hudhaify (Imaam Masjid al-Nabawi) [.5:2]

Usama bin Laden [7:00]

Shaykh al-Shuraym (Imaam al-Haram) [7:35]

The above individuals are not Deobandi at all.

Also, Shaykhul Mashaikh Hazrat Nawab Eshrat Ali Khan Qaiser is portrayed with Haji Abdul Wahhab (Ameer Jamaat al-Tabligh Pakistan) [4:28]

Abu Gangsta
30-03-2010, 10:58 PM

Rahimahumullah.

Abu_Bilal
31-03-2010, 05:00 AM

Assalam Alaikum.

JazakAllah for the clarification. It must have slipped my mind. I have edited my original post.

secret007
31-03-2010, 12:17 PM
I m surprised that u didnt include "Hazrat Maulana Shah Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Sahib Damat Barakaatuhum" founder of "Ashraf ul madaris" ..

mospike
31-03-2010, 02:03 PM
there probably isnt a pic of hakeem saheb available anywhere

'Abd al-Baari
31-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Walikum-us-salam.

The one shown in the clip is Maulana Ilyas who revived the noble work of tableegh in the ummah. And there is no "Kandalwi" with his name.

Assalaamu 'Alaykum Maulana Sb,

Being the Uncle (I think?) of Shaykh Hadeeth Saheb rahimahullah does Maulana Ilyaas rahimahullah also not have the name Kandhlawi?

abulayl
31-03-2010, 02:25 PM

this one is fake, why people bother to share it!

muminah
31-03-2010, 02:39 PM

Being the Uncle (I think?) of Shaykh Hadeeth Saheb rahimahullah does Maulana Ilyaas rahimahullah also not have the name Kandhlawi?

He does.

'Abd al-Baari
31-03-2010, 02:44 PM
He does.

Jazaakillah khayr.

Just to clarify a point, I didn't upload this video or share the link, only wrote the list for people that do not read urdu.

Wa'Alaykumus Salaam.

hamza_imran
31-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Masha Allah.

a_muslim
31-03-2010, 06:13 PM

I didn’t watch it because for some reason I felt discomforted.

Knowing our Akabir’s very strict position on photos wouldn’t it be more respectful not to look at their pictures, or display them on the internet?

:ws:
I'm waiting for a reply on this too. This thread has been made sticky now too!

this one is fake, why people bother to share it!

Is it? How do you know?

He might do, but he is more commonly known as Maulana Ilyas Dehlawi since I think he spent most of his life there
(in Delhi). In Aap Beti I think Hadrat Shaykhul Hadeeth Saheb while mentioning an incident quotes someone calling him "Hazrat Dehlawy".

bugmenot
31-03-2010, 06:21 PM

Pictures of persons is forbidden here (in jpg format) but allowed when posted in a video?

Abu.Aliyah
31-03-2010, 11:13 PM

Pictures of persons is forbidden here (in jpg format) but allowed when posted in a video?

Yes, doesn't make sense.

Regarding the photo video - Much of this rare photography is taken without their permission or from old passports.

The vast majority of these pious ulama and great masha'ikh were very much opposed to photography. By distributing their photos wouldn't it be deemed disrespectful to their wishes?

Abu_Bilal
01-04-2010, 05:02 AM
I m surprised that u didnt include "Hazrat Maulana Shah Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Sahib Damat Barakaatuhum" founder of "Ashraf ul madaris" ..

Assalam Alaikum.

Apart from Maulana Hakeem Akhtar Sahab, there are a lot of other people who should have been included in the clip, and also there are some people who should not have been included in the clip, since they don't deserve to be there.

Saad
01-04-2010, 05:20 AM
Assalam o alaykum,

I don't think the purpose of the video was to include every single Deobandi scholar. Focus seemed to be on those scholars that have passed away with few exceptions. And how many can you have in a 8 minute video?

secret007
01-04-2010, 06:19 AM

I didnít watch it because for some reason I felt discomforted.

Knowing our Akabirís very strict position on photos wouldnít it be more respectful not to look at their pictures, or display them on the internet?

ya ur rite, but when these ulmas are some where in a majalis, some people took their photos and they dont know, and u also know that picture snapping is haram .

secret007
01-04-2010, 06:23 AM
@: Abu_Bilal

what a silly reply, i know that ulmas of "Asharaf ul madaris" and also "Binori Town" they dont do things that is haram they are very much strict, and for those who thinks why the pics of ulmas are there so i have already answered in my above comments

secret007
01-04-2010, 06:25 AM
@Abu.Aliyah: u r perefectly rite i totally agree with u

Abu_Bilal
01-04-2010, 07:29 AM
@: Abu_Bilal

what a silly reply, i know that ulmas of "Asharaf ul madaris" and also "Binori Town" they dont do things that is haram they are very much strict, and for those who thinks why the pics of ulmas are there so i have already answered in my above comments

Assalam Alaikum.

What was "silly" in my reply?

secret007
01-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Assalam Alaikum.

What was "silly" in my reply?

waleikum us salam, that "those peoples who deserve are only their",

anyway leave it it might lead to a fight, and if u have time visit this "www.khanqah.org"

xs11ax
01-04-2010, 08:23 AM
salaam

i got the link in my email and i thought others might want to see it.

regarding the pictures then it is obvious that most of them are not passport pictures but pictures taken in public.

these are vey old pictures (obviously as most of these saints passed away a long time ago). they did not have camera phones in those days and whatever cameras they did have were big and bulky analogue cameras. it would have been very obvious to the person that there picture is being taken.

these are just my observations and i am in no way making judgement if those saints were perturbed by their pictures being taken and viewed or not.

Abu_Bilal
01-04-2010, 09:12 AM
waleikum us salam, that "those peoples who deserve are only their",

anyway leave it it might lead to a fight, and if u have time visit this "www.khanqah.org"

Assalam Alaikum.

Dear brother, i really have not understood your point.

I don't need to visit www.khanqah.org, since i have known and admired Maulana Hakeem Akhtar Sahab for years.

secret007
01-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Assalam Alaikum.

Dear brother, i really have not understood your point.

I don't need to visit www.khanqah.org, since i have known and admired Maulana Hakeem Akhtar Sahab for years.

ok leave it, hmm good to know mashAllah, stay i n good health,

Assalam u aliekum

Colonel_Hardstone
01-04-2010, 12:58 PM

Someone sent me this video in email and I would like to know the point of it?

Whats the point in looking at old pictures of Ulama taken with deception and without their knowing?

What do we gain by this?

1) I believe that nearly all of these esteemed Ulama-e-Kiraam were against photography so people love them so much why are their wishes become overlooked?

2) These esteemed Ulama-e-Kiraam were against photography becauase of thie very reason that people will eulogise the dead and their fears have come true.

3) If this is permissable then whats wrong with somone creating a protrait or a computer image of Sahaba (RA) based on descirptions?

And when did Osama Bin Ladin et al become Deobandees? :-)

Sulaiman84
01-04-2010, 04:46 PM

:jazak: SeekerofGuidance and Colonel for the reminder.

Our Akaabir would have disliked it.

muminah
01-04-2010, 06:53 PM
1) I believe that nearly all of these esteemed Ulama-e-Kiraam were against photography so people love them so much why are their wishes become overlooked?

2) These esteemed Ulama-e-Kiraam were against photography becauase of thie very reason that people will eulogise the dead and their fears have come true.

Agree with that. And what is OBL doing on there??

a_muslim
02-04-2010, 05:02 PM

Someone sent me this video in email and I would like to know the point of it?

Whats the point in looking at old pictures of Ulama taken with deception and without their knowing?

What do we gain by this?

3) If this is permissable then whats wrong with somone creating a protrait or a computer image of Sahaba (RA) based on descirptions?

maybe this thread should be closed? or deleted?

wayfarer1
04-05-2010, 07:24 PM
this is shocking and very sad......

i didnt even dare open that video.

where are the moderators?????????????

delete this thread remove the video etc.........

molvi abu bilal sahib this wasnt expected off you.........

Abu_Bilal
06-05-2010, 04:44 AM
molvi abu bilal sahib this wasnt expected off you.........

Abb kaya hoa mairay bhai?

al-Kankohi
06-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Someone above said the picture of Hakimul Ummat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanawi is a fake. That is not true. The painting is accurate and this has been confirmed by those who have asked those who have seen him. I am relating this to you via an unbroken chain of narrators. :)

I don't think these sort of videos should be made because this is something the bidatis, rafidis, etc. usually give a lot of importance too. And things like are mainly because of their influences.

a_muslim
22-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Someone above said the picture of Hakimul Ummat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanawi is a fake. That is not true. The painting is accurate and this has been confirmed by those who have asked those who have seen him. I am relating this to you via an unbroken chain of narrators. :)

I don't think these sort of videos should be made because this is something the bidatis, rafidis, etc. usually give a lot of importance too. And things like are mainly because of their influences.

So you are saying that somebody actually drew a painting of Hakeem al Ummah :rahma:? If the Akabir were strict against pictures how can they have allowed paintings of themselves?

And also, you said this has been confirmed by those who have asked those who have seen him. So the people who saw him did not object too? I mean out of all people, this is Mawlana Ashraf Ali Thanwi who was so strict about everything, so how could someone even feel right drawing a painting of him without permission (or was it with permission)?

meelash
22-05-2010, 03:08 PM

السلام عليكم,

Can you please produce your chain of narrators rather than just leaving it to your word?

meelash
22-05-2010, 03:24 PM
regarding the pictures then it is obvious that most of them are not passport pictures but pictures taken in public.

these are vey old pictures (obviously as most of these saints passed away a long time ago). they did not have camera phones in those days and whatever cameras they did have were big and bulky analogue cameras. it would have been very obvious to the person that there picture is being taken.

Passport photos were not necessarily always head shots on 2x5 paper with a certain background, i.e. very specific. They might have been more lax back then about what picture is allowed for it. I haven't had time to research this, :insh: I might later, or someone else can look it up.

Secondly, I think you opinion about camera history is erroneous. By the early 1900's there were cameras as small as 2.5 inches high. Not good quality, but neither are those photos.

xs11ax
22-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Passport photos were not necessarily always head shots on 2x5 paper with a certain background, i.e. very specific. They might have been more lax back then about what picture is allowed for it. I haven't had time to research this, :insh: I might later, or someone else can look it up.

take a look again. some of them are quite clearly not passport photos and are taken from a very close angle that the person being photographed would definately know what was going on.

Secondly, I think you opinion about camera history is erroneous. By the early 1900's there were cameras as small as 2.5 inches high. Not good quality, but neither are those photos.

which camera was that then?

dr76
22-05-2010, 06:00 PM

Assalam alaikum w.w...

While In Jamaat 2 yrs back, I spent time at Darbhanga, Bihar. there alhamdulillah I happened to meet a 98 yr old Deobandi Alim masha Allah who graduated in 1936 from Darul Uloom. he told me his story that after passing out from Darul Uloom , on his father's insistence he took upon the journey to meet Hazrat Thanvi (rah). it was at zuhr that he reached Thana Bhavan and headed straight for Hazrat's masjid. fate or othwerwise he had to attend call of nature and seeing a clay Jug which was kept for wudhu this hazrat used it for istinja.. subhan allah.. after relieving himself the moment he stepped out he saw Hazrat Thanvi (rah) standing rt before him staring furiosly and this hazrat's hand trembling with that wudhu jug..needless to say this young man had it coming tht day and got scolded left and rt..for being a maulvi and not having ettiquetes etc.. so the young maulvi saheb after the fateful session went back home with a long face..
says after he narrated this to his father who was a friend of hazrat thanvi (rah).. his father only smiled adding insult to injury..

so my dear brother it seems hard to digest that a man like hazrat thanvi (rah) would actually have let anyone to paint him after all..

wa assalam..

meelash
22-05-2010, 06:20 PM
السلام عليكم bro xs11ax,

Some points:

take a look again. some of them are quite clearly not passport photos and are taken from a very close angle that the person being photographed would definately know what was going on.

(1) Yeah, I never supposed that all of them were passport photos. In fact if I thought that, I would never have mentioned the part about the camera being small enough to be inconspicuous since that would have been irrelevant. But quite a few of the older ones are either clearly passport photos or very possibly that.

(2) I don't know all the people in the list, so I can't claim to explain all of them.

(3) However, you also can't take the few that seem to be obviously knowingly photographed and generalize it to all the rest. I don't think you are, just saying it so no one else is confused.

(4) Besides passports, there are many other explanations why someone would not have been able to prevent picture taking. If passing through an airport, giving a speech somewhere, etc. and someone has a camera and snaps a picture, even if you stopped them after that, they still have that picture.

(5) Don't forget zoom did exist.

(6) Maybe some of them were taken by those British spies that had a lot of trouble identifying our beloved Maulanas because of their simple lifestyles. :) :-)

which camera was that then?

How reliable do my sources need to be? Is Wikipedia okay? :D:cheesygri

My point is that you gave the impression that early to mid 20th century photography was restricted to those big boxes with the curtain things covering the photographer. I think you've mistaken the date ranges.

meelash
22-05-2010, 06:23 PM
One of those 'Ulama is still alive and recently signed on a fatwa that reaffirmed the hurmat of photographs and television, I believe. Maulana Saleemullah Khan, right?

So if anyone lives in Lahore (I think that's where he's from) then they could go and ask him the conditions under which the photograph was taken.

I advise to just describe it to him and don't bring a copy, or post #50 might suddenly become very relevant :)

Allah have mercy on our 'ulamaa, protect them, and give them istiqaamah on haq.

meelash
22-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Finally, I want to add my support to the brothers/sisters that felt uncomfortable about this. I only don't propose to delete the thread because then (a) it will seem to some like the issue is being brushed under the rug rather it will be good to answer some of the doubts raised and (b) deleting the thread won't delete the youtube video anyway. At least this way people may find this thread and be better educated. I'm adding a warning to the first post with the link.

xs11ax
22-05-2010, 06:30 PM
How reliable do my sources need to be? Is Wikipedia okay? :D:cheesygri

wiki would be just fine.

seeing that thats where i went to try to find info to dispute your 2.5 inch camera!

meelash
22-05-2010, 06:38 PM
wiki would be just fine.

seeing that thats where i went to try to find info to dispute your 2.5 inch camera!

lol, okay, here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box_camera

1916- The No. 00 Cartridge Premo was Kodak's smallest box camera ever. It was only 2Ĺ inches tall. It uses a simple rotary shutter with meniscus lens, and does not have a viewfinder. The photographer must use the leatherette covering to attempt to see the subject of the photograph.[9]

This guy is from 1917: http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/pp/kodak/3aspl.htm

SLR's were invented in the 1920: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-lens_reflex_camera

Keep in mind that the digital camera revolution improved the quality, lowered the size of the other workings of the camera and eliminated film, but the lens, shutter, portion of cameras hasn't fundamentally changed.

:)

meelash
22-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Actually, I just remember something else, when looking at those box cameras. A few years ago when Mufti Saeed Ahmed Palanpuri came one of the brothers mentioned that he had heard some of his bayaans on the internet. Mufti Sahib was SOO amazed and excited :). First he wanted to listen for himself, then he kept mentioning how he never even put his speeches there and had no idea you could just search for his name and find.

The point is, it's not farfetched that our 'Ulama would not even recognize a big square leather box on a table or something as the latest in camera technology and some overzealous and ignorant follower, or the press, or anyone else might have snuck photographs without them being aware. Nowadays the 'Ulama are mostly aware of camera phones and so on so they take care and pay attention, and still they are sometimes photographed, but when it was brand new technology, they would not have even been vigilant at all.

hum de dum, I'm going to stop hogging this thread now...... :lol:

al-Kankohi
22-05-2010, 06:48 PM
السلام عليكم,

Can you please produce your chain of narrators rather than just leaving it to your word?

I wouldn't prefer mentioning to you publicly. If you can send me your phone number or email then I can put you in touch with the senior scholar who mentioned this to us in a large gathering.

As for the brother who asked whether Hadhrat Hakimul Ummat would have allowed someone to paint him. Of course not. He would have never allowed that. The person who painted the picture probably did on his own. We are not responsible for other people's actions. I was only confirming that the picture is accurate.

There is a nephew (Very old) of Hadhrat Hakimul Ummat who looks just like him in that picture by the way.

meelash
22-05-2010, 08:25 PM

I wouldn't prefer mentioning to you publicly. If you can send me your phone number or email then I can put you in touch with the senior scholar who mentioned this to us in a large gathering.

The only reason I would want to know is to make it public here, anyway. It's not like people have any more reason to trust my anonymous typings over your anonymous typings :):

But anyway, it's irrelevant, since you clarified with this:

As for the brother who asked whether Hadhrat Hakimul Ummat would have allowed someone to paint him. Of course not. He would have never allowed that. The person who painted the picture probably did on his own. We are not responsible for other people's actions. I was only confirming that the picture is accurate.

:alhamd:

There is a nephew (Very old) of Hadhrat Hakimul Ummat who looks just like him in that picture by the way.

Maulana Ihtishaam-ul-Haq Thanvi? VERY awesome guy!

sudoku
23-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Actually, I just remember something else, when looking at those box cameras. A few years ago when Mufti Saeed Ahmed Palanpuri came one of the brothers mentioned that he had heard some of his bayaans on the internet. Mufti Sahib was SOO amazed and excited :). First he wanted to listen for himself, then he kept mentioning how he never even put his speeches there and had no idea you could just search for his name and find.

:mash:

This puts a smile on the face.

al-Kankohi
23-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Maulana Ihtishaam-ul-Haq Thanvi? VERY awesome guy!

Mawlana Ehtishamul Haq passed away a while back, perhaps you're referring to his son Mawlana Ehtiramul Haq or his other sons.

a_muslim
23-05-2010, 04:02 PM

I came across this nasheed and thought I'd post it here since it is about one of the greatest of our scholars of Deoband: Urdu Nazm: Marsia Hakim al-Ummah (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTTQnpQt-bk&feature=related).
It's quite high class urdu (for me anyway), but still great.If someone listens to it all, you will not be able to hold your tears.

Also, i was just wondering if it has been uploaded by the TrueLife of SF, if so :jazak: brother.

a_muslim
10-07-2010, 06:44 PM

An amazing nasheed on Ulama of Deoband by the amazing Hafiz Abu Bakr Haideri (hafidhahuLlah):
"Deoband, Islam ka parcham" (http://ia360705.us.archive.org/0/items/04DeobandNeIslamKaParchamDunyaMeLehrayaHe/04DeobandNeIslamKaParchamDunyaMeLehrayaHe.mp3)
It was in the Grand Opening Jalsah of Masjid Tauheedul Islam, Blackburn, UK.

:alhamd: I was there, and being there live is a totally different experience, although this still is worthy listening to.

I found the link on the website of SF member "moulana junaid". (http://attablig.co.cc/) May Allah :taala: reward him.

xs11ax
10-07-2010, 07:17 PM

not sure if i got this naat from SF. if i have then here it is again....

http://www.darululoom-deoband.com/urdu/voice/tarana-darululoom.wma

a_muslim
10-07-2010, 07:29 PM

not sure if i got this naat from SF. if i have then here it is again....

http://www.darululoom-deoband.com/urdu/voice/tarana-darululoom.wma

:jazak:, here's the text to that: http://www.darululoom-deoband.com/urdu/voice/index.htm

I love nasheeds about the Ulama of Deoband!! May Allah :taala: fill their graves with noor. Ameen

qazi muhd miyan
15-07-2010, 08:05 AM
please send the pictures of the following scholars:

Mawlana Binnori
Mufti Shafi
Mufti Yusuf Ludhianwi
Mufti Zarwali Khan
Mawlana Musa Khan

Maripat
06-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Does any body know the reciter here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ftsKPkhSrw) and here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olpgOEd2Iq0)?
Wassalam

Abu_Uzair
06-08-2011, 05:35 PM

An amazing nasheed on Ulama of Deoband by the amazing Hafiz Abu Bakr Haideri (hafidhahuLlah):
"Deoband, Islam ka parcham" (http://ia360705.us.archive.org/0/items/04DeobandNeIslamKaParchamDunyaMeLehrayaHe/04DeobandNeIslamKaParchamDunyaMeLehrayaHe.mp3)
It was in the Grand Opening Jalsah of Masjid Tauheedul Islam, Blackburn, UK.

:alhamd: I was there, and being there live is a totally different experience, although this still is worthy listening to.

I found the link on the website of SF member "moulana junaid". (http://attablig.co.cc/) May Allah :taala: reward him.

plz click HERE (http://www.archive.org/download/04DeobandNeIslamKaParchamDunyaMeLehrayaHe/04DeobandNeIslamKaParchamDunyaMeLehrayaHe.mp3)for download this amazing nazam

Saad
16-08-2011, 01:09 AM
Urdu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81FfB1R3940

Pushto:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN8AqjEoRRI&feature=related

xs11ax
16-08-2011, 01:17 AM
Urdu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81FfB1R3940

Pushto:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN8AqjEoRRI&feature=related

pushtu nazams always sound so peaceful.......and they all sound the same as well :p

Talhah
11-10-2011, 05:09 AM

I believeits best to neither look into those pictures nor help their promotion. The love of Akabir Rahimahumullah lies in following their footsteps (as has already been mentioned on this thread). Secondaly, watching photos of Ulama is something totally different than seeing/meeting them in real. Sometimes by seeing a photo one might feel "Oh i was expecting a more Noorani and Charming face". However, this not the situation, usually, when you actually sit in their company. This is from my own experience. Wallahu A'lam

Maripat
11-10-2011, 07:27 AM

I believeits best to neither look into those pictures nor help their promotion. The love of Akabir Rahimahumullah lies in following their footsteps (as has already been mentioned on this thread). Secondaly, watching photos of Ulama is something totally different than seeing/meeting them in real. Sometimes by seeing a photo one might feel "Oh i was expecting a more Noorani and Charming face". However, this not the situation, usually, when you actually sit in their company. This is from my own experience. Wallahu A'lam
You have a point brother. What is the necessity of looking at those pictures? And the noor in all probability is not exactly the same as VIBGYOR type of light-one can perceive it in the actual company only.
Wassalam