PDA

View Full Version : Program of Hazrat Moulana Abdul Hafeez Makki (db) in South Africa (July-August 2010)

vawda
23-06-2010, 09:02 PM
PROGRAM OF HAZRAT MOULANA ABDUL HAFEEZ MAKKI (db) - Senior Khalifa of Hazrat Shaik-ul-Hadith Moulana Zakarriya Saheb.

14 July – 04 August 2010

14 July; Wed – ARRIVAL, JOHANNESBURG

15 - 17 July; Thu, Fri, Sat - WHITERIVER, BARBERTON, MAPUTO

18 – 21 July; Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed - CAPETOWN

22 July; Thu - EMPANGENI

23 July; Fri – STANGER - JUMA & NIGHT MAJLIS

24 - 25 July; Sat, Sun - SEA COW LAKE, DURBAN

25 – 26 July; Sun, Mon - P.M.BURG

26 July; Mon - PHOENIX

27 July; Tues - WESTVILLE

28 July; Wed 28 - VERULAM

29 July, Thu - ESTCOURT & NEWCASTLE

31 July, Sat – DARUL ULOOM AZAADVILLE JALSA & BRITS

AUGUST 2010:

1 August; Sun - DARUL ULOOM ZAKARIYYA JALSA & RUSTENBURG

2 August; Mon – MIA’S FARM & SANDTON

3 August; Tues - LAUDIUM & SPRINGS MADRASAH

4 August; Wed – MAYFAIR; RETURN TO MAKKAH - 7.20 PM

safwaan.suleman
25-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Assalaamu 'Alaikum. Brother, do you have a poster or any more information on Hadhrat's trip? I would especially appreciate more information on his schedule around Durban, Stanger, etc. Jazakumullah. Wassalaam.

vawda
28-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Wa alaikum salaam

The above info is taken directly from the current musjid poster, if I get any more info I will post it, Insha Allah.
You can contact Darul Ihsan in Durban (google it for the website) and they should be able to give you the contact details of someone local who will be travelling with Hazrat Moulana Abdul Hafeez Saheb. Normally a cell number is given on the poster but this time there isnt one. Also, you could speak to Hazrat Mufti Zubair Bayat (db) who is the Ameer of Darul Ihsan. He should be able to inform you of the Stanger and Durban programs, Insha Allah.

The general program (from what I can remember from Hazrat's last visit) is as follow's:

A Zikr program after Fajr
A short bayaan/kitaab reading after Zuhr
Durood and Salaam after Asr
Main program after Maghrib or Esha (Normally a Bayan by Hazrat and Zikr)

Hazrat normally spends all his time in the Musjid.

I hope that helps brother.

If you can make it, I urge you to attend. Hazrat's programs are always excellent and well worth attending.

Request for dua's.

Was'salaam

ahlezikr
29-06-2010, 03:00 AM
:salam:

Can those who listen to Hazrat (db)'s bayans tell me what he talks about most? My Urdu is nil. The way he makes Zikr really moves the heart though. Does Maulana speak English?

mospike
29-06-2010, 06:46 AM
Sheikh speaks fluent English and i am so excited about this trip.

I havent attended a Bukhari Jalsa before and i'm looking forward to attending them this year Inshallah

ahlezikr
29-06-2010, 07:18 AM
Sheikh speaks fluent English and i am so excited about this trip.

I havent attended a Bukhari Jalsa before and i'm looking forward to attending them this year Inshallah

:salam:
May Allah Ta'ala make it beneficial for you. Any mureeds of Maulana Makki (db) on SF?

London786
29-06-2010, 07:49 AM
mospike may I just give you a suggestion. Instead of just attending one program try and spend a few days with the shaykh and if it's possible do itikaaf in the masjids too. Obviously ask permission beforehand...anyway it's excellent new mashallah. A man like him is very rare. Are there any recordings of his previous tours??? please please please

mospike
29-06-2010, 08:50 AM
i only ever heard one talk from the sheikh.

It was on the life of Hazrat Sheikh Zakarriya based mainly on excerpts from Aap Beti. Since then i always wanted to attend the sheikh majlis.

vawda
29-06-2010, 08:50 PM
I have attended 3 of Hazrat's talks. One was a detailed talk about Zikr including explainations about loud zikr etc. Another was about the various works of deen (dawah, tabligh, khanqah, madressa, etc) and how we should contribute or participate in atleast the one we are inclined towards. The other was a Jumuah talk (sorry, I have forgotten the topic!).

I know that Hazrat's talks/zikr programs at Musjid ut Taqwa in Sea Cow Lake (Durban) were recorded but I dont have a copy. Will checkup if I can get a copy or ask for it to be put online, Insha Allah

Abu Suliman
30-06-2010, 11:56 AM
:salam: can the brothers in south africa please record and upload hazrat talks for us online :jazak:

mospike
13-07-2010, 07:12 AM
Prominent Islamic scholar Sheikh Abdul Hafeez al Makki arrives in the Mother City this week and Cape Muslims will have the opportunity to hear this important alim speak. Born in India in 1946 in the city of Amritsar, Punjab, he traces his lineage to a certain Raja ‘Abd al-Salam Malik, who had accepted Islam at the hands of Amir Kabir Sayyid ‘Ali al-Hamdani - a famous fourteenth century Sufi scholar, who had arrived in Kashmir to propagate Islam.

Al Makki is a student of the late Sheikh ul Hadith Moulana Zakaria Kandhalawi (RA), a well known expert in the field of hadeeth studies. Moulana Zakaria is also renowned for his knowledge in Islamic sciences and the tasawuff (spirituality of the soul), in which Al Makki has become a senior khaleefah. Al Makki has thousands of mureeds (followers) in the path of tasawuff across the globe including Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, England and South Africa.

He is also a lecturer at Madrassah Salatiyah in Makkah, where the late Sheikh Saleh Abaadie as well as Sheikh Amien Fakier studied. The alim compiled the commentary of Bukhari by Moulana Zakaria and other leading ulema, comprising of 20 volumes. After a successful itikaaf programme at Masjidus-Sabr in Ramadan last year, the alim will lead the climax of this holy month in Bangledesh, where he has a huge following.

"Sheikh Makki travels around the world on an annual basis for two months, promoting tazqiyah tun-nafs (purification of the soul) in order for the human to gain closeness to Allah (swt). We encourage all to sit in the company of this highly qualified alim who is a spiritual mentor for thousands," said coordinator Maulana Dawood Sampson.

The distinguished scholar will unpack the discourses of the great Imam al-Ghazali and amongst his main topics is the ‘purification of the heart'. "The sheikh will speak about the various illness of the heart - the ‘dead' heart, ‘unmindful' heart, jealousy, arrogance and pride. His talks will guide us to put us back on the path through the words of the Quran and the example of the Prophet Muhammad (saw)."

The sheikh arrives in Cape Town on Sunday 18th July and will host a number of tasawuff programmes and visits to various Darul-Ulooms in the Western Cape. He commences his city tour with a lecture at the Masjid-us-Saabireen in Macassar after Esha. On Monday, he leads the Fajr salaah at the Sandvlei masjied, followed by Thuhr salaah at Masjid-Ummah in Strand, Maghrib salaah in Mbekweni and Esha salaah in Paarl masjied.

The alim continues his focus in Paarl on Tuesday by leading the waqt of fajr at the Paarl masjied. At 10.30am he conducts a ladies programme and an ulema programme at 11.30am at the same masjied. Maghrib and Esha salaah will be led at Masjid Bilal in Mitchell's Plain. On Wednesday, the sheikh will lead the Fajr salaah at Macassar masjied and Maghrib salaah at Westridge masjied.

A programme at the Parkwood masjied follows after Esha. His itinerary concludes on Thursday 22 July with a thikr programme at the Parkwood masjied after Fajr and Thuhr salaah at Bishop Lavis masjied. For more information, contact the Muslim Judicial Council's (MJC) Maulana Abdul-Khaliq on 083 408 1071

vawda
21-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Please note the following changes:

Program will comprise of Bayan, Zikr, Salaat & Salaam and Dua

- Attend & encourage others -

Thursday
22 July 2010
Empangeni Masjid
After Isha

Friday
23 July
Stanger Jami Masjid
Jumuah Salaah

Friday
23 July
Masjid Taqwa, Sea Cow Lake
After Isha

Saturday
24 July
Stanger Jami Masjid
After Isha

Sunday
25 July
PM Burg
After Isha

Monday
26 July
Phoenix – Sunford Masjid
After Isha

Tuesday
27 July
Westville Jami Masjid
After Isha

Wednesday
28 July
Verulam Jami Masjid
After Isha

Thursday
29 July
Estcourt Town Masjid
After Isha

For further information, contact:

Hazrat Moulana Asad Makki Sb – 0761780608 or Mufti Zubair Bayat – 0835939599

Program subject to change without prior notice

mospike
27-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Darul Uloom Azaadville has released the full program for this coming weekend with the names of all the Ulama who will be conducting them.

Shaykh Makki's name does not appear anywhere on the program

Abu Suliman
28-07-2010, 12:27 AM
:salam: I found a video of Hazrat http://alittehaad.blip.tv/file/3862923/

vawda
28-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Brother mospike: Maybe there has been a change or he is attending as a guest?
You can contact Hazrat Moulana Asad Makki Sb for further details.