PDA

View Full Version : Five year old Sheikh in Tanzania/ Miracle Boy

talha
27-06-2005, 01:39 PM
assalamu alaikum
I have heard that there is a 5 year old sheikh in Tanzania. His name is Sheikh Sharfuddin al Khalifah. I heard that he was born into a christian or Jewish family and he was a Hafiz of the Quran from birth. He then started praying salaah from the age of one and a half years. He then made his older brother muslim, and when their parents found out, they were kicked out of the house. When the government heard about this, they were taken into government protection, he has also made many more people muslims and he gives speeches all around Tanzania and he is only five years old.

If anyone knows any thiung else, please let me know or if anyone has any links about the sheikh, please reply.
wassalam

ursis
29-06-2005, 02:53 AM
I'm not sure if it's the same boy, but it reminded me of something i'd read;

http://www.themodernreligion.com/misc/hoax/convert_boy5.htm

wallahu a'alam

mishor
29-06-2005, 11:21 AM
I had a film on this particular sheikh i think but I can't seem to find it now. Is the sheikh of African origin. I'm asking just to clarify I'm thinking of the same person.

Desha
03-07-2005, 03:03 AM
hmmm..I never heard that

VeiledOne
03-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Thread split

VeiledOne
03-07-2005, 11:03 PM
I've seen the lil boy's video about 5/6 years ago. That means hes much older now. I saw him giving a bayan in the video and he had body guards. He was delivering a bayan to thousands of ppl in Tanzania on stage in an open area (can't remember details too clearly). I don't remember the video so clearly now. Some ppl say it's a hoax and he was trained by the government and others say its a miracle. Allahu alim, but I still think regardless of it being called a hoax, its amazing how at such a tender age he was confident enough to deliver a lecture in front of thousands of ppl.

quddusaliquddus
05-07-2005, 05:33 PM
From http://www.dar-al-talaba.net/Features/Shariff_Idd.html

Text:

There are orphans and street children everywhere. So much so that the sight
of another small child standing on a street corner hardly merits a second glance.
But only when a boy opens his mouth to speak do onlookers realize that Shariff Idd
is special. The five-years-old speaks in five languages - English, French, Italian,
Swahili and Arabic - even though he is completely uneducated.

Shariff is a preacher who draws crowds of thousands in Kenya to his increasingly regular
sermons. The Lybian leader, Colonel Muammar Al-Gaddafi, is a great supporter following
an audience with him earlier this year. Last week was a milestone for the child introduced
to gawping throngs as the "Miracle Boy" of East Africa. He smiled triumphantly when told
he had notched up his one thousand conversion to Islam in a country where Muslims are
a minority.

Tours of France and Britain now beckon, according to Haji Maroulin, one of the boy's
four guardians. He will travel as a missionary on a trip to be financed by a businessman
from the Ivory Coast.

"When he is not preaching he is just like any other kid," Haji Maroulin said,
"But when he preaches he changes".

At one year old he was able to recite the Quran and went on to be able to preach in Arabic,
Swahili and French without any learning. The number of his converts is growing daily.
" For a child he has strangely adult mannerism. He speaks confidently, mainly in Swahili
unless he is delivering a sermon. Then, he fixed his piercing brown eyes on the person
he is addressing without inhibition.

His squeaky child-like voice mesmerizes audiences. According to Haji Maroulin,
Shariff was born into Swahili-speaking Catholic family in Arusha, north Tanzania,
in December 1993: "At the age of two months he refused to suckle his mother's milk and
at the age of four months he started reciting verses from the Holy Quran.
" The boy's first words : "You people repent and you will be accepted by God"
were in Arabic. His concerned parents believed him to be disturbed by "demons" and called
pastors to pray for the baby.

Eventually Muslim neighbors interpreted their son's alien speech and his parents later
converted to Islam themselves. Although his father died in 1997, his mother remains in
Tanzania while her worldly son continues his travel.

There is no doubting his pulling-power and in a commercial world his entourage has been
quick to produce videos of the high-pitched sermons. He has also been deemed genuine by
Kenya's Muslim World League.

He did visit several African States and he was seen attracting large crowds in Soccer Stadiums.
Kaplich Barsito, 35, from Nairobi, saw Shariff in action addressing a crowd of thousands
in an open area of the Pumwani districts of Kenya's capital, and is in no doubt of
the boy's abilities.

"He was like a politician, very confident," he said. He seemed as though he would have been
disappointed if there had been less people. The power went off and his minders wanted him to
stop, but he grabbed the loud-speaker and carried on in Swahili, English and Arabic.
It was very impressive and he mesmerized the audience with a focused sermon."

Shariff himself seemed mystified about his powers.
He said last week that he picked up languages as soon as he heard.
"I went to Congo and heard people speaking Lingala (the local language).
I just was able to start speaking it."

There is a video available from many Islamic material retail stores, including ones
here in Ottawa, Canada, that carry the Miracle Boy, Shariff Idd, in sermon.
We highly encourage you, dear brothers and sisters in Islam, to go out and get this
video, it is mindbogglingly amazing!

Stay tuned to this page for more updates on Shariff Idd.
JAZAAKUM ALLAH KHAIRAN !

Does anyone have more information about this boy?

Picture of Scotland on Sunday article:

http://people.uleth.ca/~faisal.shaffi/miracles_files/ch-boy.jpg

Does anyone know what happened to the boy? I heard he disappeared when he went to america.

Desha
07-07-2005, 01:15 AM
, but I still think regardless of it being called a hoax, its amazing how at such a tender age he was confident enough to deliver a lecture in front of thousands of ppl.[/QUOTE]

I agree!

islamonline
07-07-2005, 02:54 PM
yep..ive seen a video of this also many yrs back

Sim
07-07-2005, 08:39 PM
my uncle actually has a copy of a video of him, ive seen it too. absolutely amazing...

Kareem
11-07-2005, 04:34 PM
its a hoax

mishor
11-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Isn't this the same 5 year old sheikh, on whom we have another thread on?

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6740

Karim_sunni
17-07-2005, 09:55 PM
Mash'allah, allahoe akhbar

check the video

http://www.islaammail.com/idownload/Islaam_Audio-Video/Islam_Wonder_Kind.wmv

Abu Talaal
23-07-2005, 03:54 AM
http://people.uleth.ca/~faisal.shaffi/miracles_files/ch-boy.jpg

ilm_seeker
23-07-2005, 12:25 PM
As sallamu alaikum

there seem to be conflicting views-is this real or is it a hoax?

Wa alaikum as sallam

Abu Talaal
24-07-2005, 04:58 AM
Assalamu alaikum

From what I understand, the article is accurate. He hadn't memorized the Qur'an or anything and was a normal kid in many ways (and presumably still is).

However, he apparently had some gifts such as the oratory style of a strong public speaker and the ability to speak multiple languages effortlessly.

Therefore, from what I have uncovered, he is a very special kid but people have exaggerated some of what he is capable of.

mizak
13-11-2006, 03:54 PM
ITs not a hoax, just see it for yourself.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=8728771234087068248&q=about+5+year+tanzania+boy

Flux
13-11-2006, 04:54 PM
I heard that once the Prophet pbuh was doing wudu and in like a blink of an eye or smt he lived many years, and when he came back the water hadnt finished falling off him. Its possible that something like that happened to the 5 year old boy. I saw a program on tv recently bout these kids who had memories of other lives in other places where the'd never been before and another who had memories of living as his own grandfather and knew stuff which the father didnt know which was verified as truth.. Allahu alim

Syma
16-11-2006, 08:23 PM
asalalaamualaykum

'interesting....and which programme was this? '

w/salaam

Flux
16-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Aslaam walaikum, it was on ch5 in the uk called the boy who lived before think it mighta been on early september not sure
Walaikum aslaam

Syma
17-11-2006, 06:25 PM
asalaamualaykum

ok.......

jazakallah

w/salaam

Habib1968
23-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Salam alaikoum ;

it is really incredible ; it would be to have information about this boy , about his situation now ; you can download a short video here :

http://www.eternalmultimedia.com/audio%20video/historical%20places/sheikh-shfudin.mpg

Salam alaikoum

Habib

5M1L3Y
15-02-2010, 06:05 PM
I heard that once the Prophet pbuh was doing wudu and in like a blink of an eye or smt he lived many years, and when he came back the water hadnt finished falling off him. Its possible that something like that happened to the 5 year old boy. I saw a program on tv recently bout these kids who had memories of other lives in other places where the'd never been before and another who had memories of living as his own grandfather and knew stuff which the father didnt know which was verified as truth.. Allahu alim

:salam:

Maybe Jinns were putting these thoughts in to their head, we do know that they live for 1000's of years after all and Allahu A'lam.

:ws:

'Abdullaah
15-02-2010, 11:14 PM

Very inspiring.
mashaAllaah.

mq2007
05-08-2011, 01:42 PM
What happened to this kid? Is he still around... He's probably older now...

Edirafat
09-08-2011, 06:23 AM
Assalaam alaikum, i don't know exactly which boy we are talking about because there is confusion in the original post. However, i am aware of a young Tanzanian boy whose name is Sheikh Shariff. His story is very amazing. I have worked with his team once when they visited Uganda and carried out a number of dawah activities before they went to Rwanda. Sheikh Sharrif was born into a Christian family.

His father, a former Tanzanian senior police officer was a lay leader in his church. According to his father, when the mother of Sheikh Sharrif conceived him, she became so ill and nearly passed on. He said that doctors at his hospital ruled the kid dead and advised that they operate the mother to remove the dead fetus to save her from death. He objected to the operation because his wife was so emaciated and thought that she wouldn't make it through the surgery.

So he said that he decided to transfer his wife back home to wait for her death. He claims that during that time, the woman suffered a lot of pain. He says that the woman once walked out of the house and started feeling a lot of pain and decided to seat down. She allegedly prayed to God and said that if i ever deliver this child, i will perform for him the Hakikah, that is always performed by Muslims.

According to him he was once away from home, only to return and find the baby had been born. Both the mother and boy were in perfect health. He couldn't explain how the child was born without any external help, because the woman was too weak. He explains that after the baby was born the mother regained her strength and her skin that was full of rashes went back to normal without any medication.

He says the mother had forgotten all about her promise to perform Hakikah for the boy but received a message through a dream reminding her of her promise, which she fulfilled. He said that when the boy was about one year they wanted him baptized in church and tried taking him there several times in vain.
He says that on a Sunday morning, they woke up, dressed the kid and went with him to the church. However, when they reached the entrance of the church the young man started crying and raised a lot of hell forcing them to take him out.

He says that immediately they turned away from the church the young man kept quiet. He says that the next Sunday they tried taking him back, but the situation was not any different until they resolved to leave him at home. He said that one Friday, the young man woke up speaking a language they didn't understand. They later came to understand it was Arabic. He demanded that he be taken to the mosque to join his Muslim brothers for worship. His father being a church leader was hesitant and drew out a gun saying he would rather kill the young man instead of taking him to mosque.

According to his Father, Sheik Sharif knelt down removed his shirt and told him to shoot because he would die peacefully. This left the old man in shock. He Later begrudgingly told his elder brother, [I can't remember all their names its been long] to take Sharrif to the mosque and meet with his evil brothers. According to the old man, when the young man reached the mosque he was very happy and walked to straight to the Imam and sat quietly.

He said Alhamduilillah i have reached my Muslim brothers. He told the Imam that he had come a long with his elder brother who was seated outside the mosque and asked the Imam to invite him inside the mosque and started addressing Muslims. By the time they were done at the Mosque his brother also immediately embraced Islam and returned home after making his shahadah because of what he had seen.

Later, the young man demanded that his father starts taking around the village to preach. For five years the young man preached Islam, converted hundreds of people to Islam, and prayed for the sick. But his father was still stuck in Christianity. He says what shocked him was that the young man was praying and healing the sick. His mother accepted Islam and later the father also embraced Islam.

By the time Sharif visited Uganda he had converted up to about 40,000 people. In Uganda he also converted several and had a very big catch in Rwanda. In Uganda people accused Muslims of bringing a computer, others called him a Jin, other a demon. I personally joined his caravan and saw first hand what Sharrif did. I know its a difficult story to believe but its true, this happened. I have seen another young man from Tanzania doing the same wonders. You can follow this link and see Sheikh Sharif he is now grown. Allah Knows best.

http://youtu.be/5wkTATOuh-U

absalih
26-09-2012, 02:46 AM
There are more than one miracles boys in Africa.That boy mentioned in earlier posts,except the last one ,is now an young scholar of Islam,19 years of age,having graduated from Darul Uloom,Pretoria,had a recent tour in my state of Kerala,India.His name now is Seed Hussaina alias Saeed John Edward.His oratory is fantastic & his main topics,all along the tour was refutation of the false dogmas of Christianity.He is to be distinguished from Shaikh Sharff Makdadi,another Miracle Boy,now 26 years,mentioned in the just previous post.

Salikah Muslimah
26-09-2012, 07:31 AM
SubhanAllah, this is Sheikh Sharif's personal website, you can contact him from there inshaa Allah if you want to clarify anything about him. He has posted his story as well mashaa Allah.

http://ssmf.webs.com/

And here is a lecture by him subtitled into english (at the end a handful of people converted mashaa Allah):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4sQGwj-wqo&feature=fvwrel

jobsikd
18-10-2012, 11:05 AM
mashallah.......