PDA

View Full Version : Is snickers(chocolate) halal?

IneedAllah
28-02-2011, 01:02 PM
:salam:

I really love eating snickers (chocolate)!! and i just wanna know if it is halal..
Is it ??
please tell me if it is or not..

M-Kamran
28-02-2011, 01:19 PM

Why not just look up the ingredients?

It say's suitable for vegetariens on the packet and no obvious alcoholic on the ingredients list. So it should be alright to eat. :insh:

and Allah :taala: knows best.

Here's a website to check things up on:

http://www.gmwa.org.uk/foodguide2/index.php

:ws:

IneedAllah
28-02-2011, 05:53 PM

Why not just look up the ingredients?

It say's suitable for vegetariens on the packet and no obvious alcoholic on the ingredients list. So it should be alright to eat. :insh:

and Allah :taala: knows best.

Here's a website to check things up on:

http://www.gmwa.org.uk/foodguide2/index.php

:ws:

Thank you bro! :)

rasheedahmed
03-03-2011, 02:05 AM
Assalam O Alaikum

Snicker in USA and Canada is Halal because it is kosher certified and vanillin is used as a artificial flavor and I have e-mail from M & M Mars. It is reported on our websites. But I do not know in UK but if they use vanillin as a artificial flavor and it is suitable for vegetarian then it is also Halal in UK.

Syed Rasheeduddin Ahmed
Muslim Consumer Group For Food Products USA
www.muslimconsumergroup.com
www.canadianhalalfoods.com

jasmine2011
07-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Assalam O Alaikum

Snicker in USA and Canada is Halal because it is kosher certified and vanillin is used as a artificial flavor and I have e-mail from M & M Mars. It is reported on our websites. But I do not know in UK but if they use vanillin as a artificial flavor and it is suitable for vegetarian then it is also Halal in UK.

Syed Rasheeduddin Ahmed

Salam brother,

How about kit kat, hersheys, m and ms in USA?
Jazakallah khair

rasheedahmed
07-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Assalam O Alaikum Sr. jasmine2011

Thanks for asking the Halal status of chocolate bars in USA. The following is list of Halal chocolate bars from Mars, Hershey, Nestle, Kraft companies. The Halal status is good for USA only not for Canada. The Halal status is based on kosher symbols on the package and kosher certification which meets the Halal requirements. No alcohol is used in flavors as a solvent. They are as follows:

M & M Mars:

SNICKERS

1. Snickers 2. Snickers to Go 3. Snickers Peanut Butter Squared 4. Snickers Dark Brand 5. Snickers Almond 6. Snickers Minis

SNICKERS ICE CREAM BARS

1. Snickers Ice Cream Bars 2. Snickers Mini Ice Cream Bars

MILKY WAY

1. Milky Way 2. Milky Way Simply Caramel 3. Milky Way Minis

TWIX

1. Twix Single Pack 2. Twix Minis

M & M

1. M & M Milk Chocolate 2. M & M Peanut 3. M & M Coconut 4. M & M Dark Chocolate Peanut 5. M & M Pretzel 6. M & M Almond

DOVE

1. Dove Peanut Butter 2. Promises Silky Smooth Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter 3. Silky Smooth Milk

Chocolate Extra Creamy 4. Silky Smooth Milk Chocolate Peanut Toffee

Nestle:

Crunch Chocolate Bars, Crunch Crisp, Crunch Miniatures, Crunch Fun Size

Hershey:

Kit Kat all sizes, Rees's Peanut Butter Cup, Rees's Peanut Butter Cup Milk Chocolate, Mr. Good bar, Milk Dud, Milk Chocolate with Almond, Pay Day, Milk Chocolate Special Dark, Symphony Creamy Milk Chocolate, Kisses Filled with Caramel, Nuggets dark Chocolate with Almond, Rees's Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures, Kisses Milk Chocolate, Rollo Chewy Caramel, York Dark Chocolate Covered Peppermint Patties, Bliss Rich & Creamy.

Kraft Tobler One:

Swiss milk Chocolate with Honey & Almond, Swiss Dark Milk Chocolate.

Syed Rasheeduddin Ahmed

jasmine2011
07-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Salam brother,
Jazakallah khair for the great list!

Bint Halal
30-08-2011, 01:29 PM
How about the vanillin in Kinder Chocolate products? A sister wrote to the German branch of Ferrero and they confirmed that they do not use any alcohol nor animal products. Is this enough for us to trust it?

http://islam-leben---halal-haram.blogspot.com/2009/10/antwort-von-ferrero.html

mospike
30-08-2011, 05:09 PM
In South Africa we dont have those Snickers ice cream bars

Mannnnn i use to eat 1 a day when i was in Makka Mukarrama and Madinatul Munawarra,,, Bin Dawood made allot of money off me... :-)

rasheedahmed
30-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Assalam O Alaikum Sister Bin Halal

Eid Mubarak

For along time Ferrero choclate was not Halal in USA but in last few they started making in USA, Kosher certified and Halal in USA. In Europe if a company claimed no animal derived ingredients and no alcohol are used. This does not mean Halal because we do not know what Haram Hidden Ingredients they are using in their product. Halal or Kosher certification and their symbol protect Muslims from Haram hidden ingredients. Since Halal and Kosher certification is rare in Europe, if there is a claim on the package "Suitable For Vegetarian" will only consider Halal if there is no flavor in the products because they can use alcohol containing flavor in the product but still claim "Suitable for Vegetarian". If you get in writing from the comapny that there are no banimal derived ingredients and alcohol containing ingredients used as "PROCESSING AID INGREDIENTS" or "HIDDEN INGREDIENTS" then that chocolate product will be Halal.

Syed Rasheeduddin Ahmed
Muslim Consumer Group For Food Products USA/Canada

Usman
31-08-2011, 06:58 AM
Assalam O Alaikum Sister Bin Halal

Eid Mubarak

For along time Ferrero choclate was not Halal in USA but in last few they started making in USA, Kosher certified and Halal in USA. In Europe if a company claimed no animal derived ingredients and no alcohol are used. This does not mean Halal because we do not know what Haram Hidden Ingredients they are using in their product. Halal or Kosher certification and their symbol protect Muslims from Haram hidden ingredients. Since Halal and Kosher certification is rare in Europe, if there is a claim on the package "Suitable For Vegetarian" will only consider Halal if there is no flavor in the products because they can use alcohol containing flavor in the product but still claim "Suitable for Vegetarian". If you get in writing from the comapny that there are no banimal derived ingredients and alcohol containing ingredients used as "PROCESSING AID INGREDIENTS" or "HIDDEN INGREDIENTS" then that chocolate product will be Halal.

Syed Rasheeduddin Ahmed

JazakAllah for the update, but I remember reading a while ago that Mars is no longer manufacturing "suitable for vegs" chocolate in the UK due to their quality reasons, when my relatives buy Mars or Snickers in US or Canada, usually it says "Imported by ...." and the company still is listed as UK. In this scenario, what should they do?

JazakAllah again,
wasslaam

Taliban1
31-08-2011, 12:27 PM

Even if these things are halal still they are not very healthy.

rasheedahmed
01-09-2011, 02:01 AM
Assalam O Alaikum Br. Usman,

If any Mars product comes from USA/Canada it should have a kosher symbol on the package such as UD or KUF K otherwise it will not be Halal.

Syed Rasheeduddin Ahmed