PDA

View Full Version : people claim to be a Wali (friend) of Allah

IneedAllah
14-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Assalamu Aleykum

Some people claim to be a wali of Allah. I don't have a problem with this..but the question that pops to my head is... How do they know?
How are you supposed to know if your a wali or not??
I'm confused! :s
plz explain 2 me...anyone??

:salam:

farook
15-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Dear Sister, Assalaamoalikum

No Wali (a genuine one) ever claims to be a one. Such a claim would immediately cause his downfall, for such a statement would be equivalent to pride, one of the ailments of the common man. A wali is usually one who has succeeded in removing from his heart everything but Allah(SWT).

How does someone know that he has been accepted as a wali of Allah(SWT) ?

First of all that someone must have in his heart love for Allah(SWT) only. He / she will have reached this state through, inter alia, (a) strict adherence to the Commands of Allah(SWT) and to the Sunnah of the Beloved Messenger(SAW), (b) alienation from all material things, (c) control of his nafs, (d) continuous dhikr of Allah(SWT), (e) spending the night in prayer, and (f) having absolute faith in Allah(SWT).

Usually such a person strives for the pleasure of Allah(SWT) only. Whatever he / she does is for the pleasure of Allah(SWT) only. He or she does not even think of Jannah, for Jannah is a limit that a wali is expected to overcome. A wali does not strive for Jannah; a wali strives to be with Allah(SWT) - at least to be invited to His Court.

As a person treads along that very difficult path (difficult for the common man), there will be events that will indicate to him / her that he / she is getting closer to Allah(SWT) and that Allah(SWT) Is somewhat pleased with him/her, such as one's wish being immediately fulfilled - and that without any actual du'a to Allah(SWT).

However do note that no one will ever be certain that he has been chosen as a wali of Allah(SWT) until after his passing away to the other world. Usually when that happens, someone very close to him, such as a disciple, will be informed of his status.

Above is what I have been able to pick up from reports concerning the lives of quite a few Awliya(ra).

Hope, Insh'Allah, that above helps.

Brotherly yours
farook

dr.ati
15-03-2011, 01:38 PM
let me add a silly question to the OP's question. "How would the people realize the Mr A has become a wali?" If the standard for a wali is following the sunnah then many fraudsters like Gohar shahi,yusuf kazaab etc apparently followed the sunaah and they were regarded as proper "Wali" for decades until some scholars started calling them deviants. ( Imagine the number of people who would have fallen in their traps during the days in which they had no opposition and would have died with that faith). Thats why i always think that if we fix any man made ambiguous standard for a "wali",it will be self contradictory.The only standard should be Quran and Sunaah which are unalterably divine.Secondly,why cant a Mufti,after getting through his studies,staright away become a Wali? He is more equipped with the knowledge of deen than anyone else.What are those special characteristics which makes a lay-man a Wali who has no traditional religious training? Is there any concept of Revelations out there?

IneedAllah
15-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Brother farook,

I agree with you saying that no can can claim to be a wali and they will ONLY find out in the afterlife. But i know someone MY AGE (14)..who claims to be a wali... she's infact 13 but she's in the same year as me..(year9)
But Masha'Allah she is a really pious girl, she prays,fasts,stands in the night for prayer,reads Qur'aan...etc etc.. she is really good masha'Allah...
But i always wonder....''Well, she might be a wali the fact that she is SO humble....but HOW does she know??''

icanhazcheeseburger
15-03-2011, 08:03 PM
salaam you need to do a test for wilayat. ask her for wazeefas and taveez and if she cannot she cant help you, then you need to tell her she is not a wali and need to stop lying sister. ok?

also buy lamp.

WaliRazi
15-03-2011, 08:25 PM
No Wali (a genuine one) ever claims to be a one.

If this is true, then many of the Sufi greats in history were not awliya'... For example, Shaykh Ahmad Sirhindi's claims of wilaya are surprisingly daring. Shaykh Sirhindi, also known as Mujaddid Alf Sani and Imam-i Rabbani, writes:

... I achieved complete annihilation of the ego in the attributes of supporting the cosmos (qayyumiyat). Then I proceeded on the path that includes "the end in the beginning" (i.e. the Naqshbandi path). When that attraction became well established through the guidance of the spirit of God's victorious lion (i.e., Ali ibn Abu Talib) I arrived at the end of the path. That is, I ascended as far as Ali had. From there I ascended to the first degree of capability (qabiliyat), which is the bridge to the Muhammad reality. With the help of the disembodied presence of Faruq. I travelled even higher, beyond the first degree of capability to the attributes of God. Then I descended to an even higher station, the station of Muhammadan poles, which manifested as God's Essence. (Translation from 'Tales of God's friends')

abulayl
15-03-2011, 09:06 PM
If this is true, then many of the Sufi greats in history were not awliya'
:salam: i searched his statement , but didnt find where he was saying: i am a wali.

dr.ati
15-03-2011, 09:48 PM
You will see it in their face and in their conduct and one will remember Allah in their presence. Their articulation of their station is not necessary for the proof.

Asalam O Alaikum brother. The person in this video is Gohar Shahi in whose face and action the people searched "wali" for more than 10 years until claimed to be mehdi (Na'Audubillah) and died in exile in UK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geS051EQE1o&feature=related

binte azam
15-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Secondly,why cant a Mufti,after getting through his studies,staright away become a Wali? He is more equipped with the knowledge of deen than anyone else.What are those special characteristics which makes a lay-man a Wali who has no traditional religious training? Is there any concept of Revelations out there?
brother wht u think abt alim or a mufti who is equipped with knowledge and not practicing according to their knowledge ???

blackflagsarfaraz
15-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Assalamu Aleykum

Some people claim to be a wali of Allah. I don't have a problem with this..but the question that pops to my head is... How do they know?

sister i remember when i was 14 and believe me she is definitely a saint compared to me! She prays and is pious. Enuf said alhumdililah.

rqsnnt
16-03-2011, 03:11 AM
Assalamu Aleykum

Some people claim to be a wali of Allah
Some people also more advance, they claim they r Nabi/ Rasol. People may claim much more.

How do they know?
They have no way. caz Allah will not send any certificat as a proof a person is a Wali (friend) of Allah.
We can only say who is pious (apperently). Only Allah know unseen. Allah says

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things). (49:13)

:jazak:

Hafiz Gee
16-03-2011, 03:19 AM
Salam

My teacher once told me, years ago, that a famous scholar once said that to be an Alim was simply to learn knowledge, and you would remain a nobody. However if one implemented that knowledge in his/her life to the fullest, then he/she would become a Waliullah.

FususAlHikam
16-03-2011, 04:22 AM
Assalamu Aleykum

All believers are wali of Allah swt.
'Allaho waliulladhina aamano'

This is called Wilayat e Aamma. This is a very far, far distant wilayat, a distant friendship. An acquaintance. This friendship has many obstacles in between it. This wilayat has many veils between it. But to a degree, even by a thread, its still a wilayat.

People who are muttaqi, pious, god fearing, they attain a higher degree of wilayat, wilayat e khaasa.
There is a condition for wilayat e khaasa, the addition of Wa Kaanu Yattaqoon. Taqwa is mentioned here as added on after belief. So they are believers who adopt taqwa, piety, fear of Allah swt. In Awliya uhu ill al Muttaqoon. The greater degree of taqwa practiced, the higher wilayat, the stronger the bond with Allah swt. Among these walis are more elite people. Among them are more elite so on and so forth. All gauged by the degree of taqwa. Taqwa is the foundation for wilayat.

How do you know you are a wali of Allah swt? Sometimes in his heart he feels he is wali of Allah swt. Sometimes he will see a dream and in the dream he will be told he is a wali of Allah swt. Different people have different experience with it. But the general idea is that the one who becomes a wali knows he is wali. Wali will never say I am a wali of Allah swt.

Sometimes a person reaches the level of wilayat e khaasa, sometimes he reaches as high level of wilayat e khaasa but is not given wilayat in this world out of wisdom. Sometimes a person is granted wilayat just before his death. Sometimes a person is granted wilayat after his death. It all depends on individual case.

dr.ati
16-03-2011, 07:47 AM
All believers are wali of Allah swt. Some people who are muttaqi, pious, god fearing, they attain a higher degree of wilayat, wilayat e khaasa. Among these walis are more elite people. Among them are more elite so on and so forth.

How do you know you are a wali of Allah swt? The one who becomes a wali knows he is wali.

Wali will never say I am a wali of Allah swt.

:salam:Have these different ranks of "wali" been mentioned by Syedna Mohamad sws or (na'Audubillah) he left an incomplete deen? Abu hanifa ra,Ahmed Ibn Hanbal ra,Al- Shafi ra and Imam Malik ra ever used the word "wilayat e Khasa"? Which rank did they attain? The concept of Wilayat for men is a shia ideology rather.

dr.ati
16-03-2011, 07:52 AM
brother wht u think abt alim or a mufti who is equipped with knowledge and not practicing according to their knowledge ???

Sister,if an Alim or Mufti does not practice according to their knowledge its upto them.Atleast,they don't make any supernatural claims.Secondly,we have a standard of Quran and Sunnaah to judge of Mufti but there is no standard for checking the claims of a "wali". Please read the history of Yousaf Kazab (a false prophet) and Gohar shahi.People accepted them as walis for decades. So much so that when yousaf kazab was charged by the Ulama for his erroneous claims,the barelvis issued a fitwa stating that " Yusuf is a Wali Ullah"

FususAlHikam
16-03-2011, 08:00 AM
:salam:Have these different ranks of "wali" been mentioned by Syedna Mohamad sws or (na'Audubillah) he left an incomplete deen? Abu hanifa ra,Ahmed Ibn Hanbal ra,Al- Shafi ra and Imam Malik ra ever used the word "wilayat e Khasa"? Which rank did they attain? The concept of Wilayat for men is a shia ideology rather.

Bhai jaan,

I just quoted 3 ayats I think, please re read the post. Also, I think shias have a different concept of wali than we do. Why would aaimma need to use this term? I dont think 'wali' is a term used in fiqah but I am not a mufti so I dont know, I never studied fiqah. Its just a term dont be so scared. Wali dont bite :cheesygri

farook
16-03-2011, 08:03 AM
let me add a silly question to the OP's question. "How would the people realize the Mr A has become a wali?" If the standard for a wali is following the sunnah then many fraudsters like Gohar shahi,yusuf kazaab etc apparently followed the sunaah and they were regarded as proper "Wali" for decades until some scholars started calling them deviants. ( Imagine the number of people who would have fallen in their traps during the days in which they had no opposition and would have died with that faith). Thats why i always think that if we fix any man made ambiguous standard for a "wali",it will be self contradictory.The only standard should be Quran and Sunaah which are unalterably divine.Secondly,why cant a Mufti,after getting through his studies,staright away become a Wali? He is more equipped with the knowledge of deen than anyone else.What are those special characteristics which makes a lay-man a Wali who has no traditional religious training? Is there any concept of Revelations out there?

Dear Brother, Assalaamoalaikum

"How would the people realize the Mr A has become a wali?"

Firstly, I would rephrase the question to read as "How would the people realize that Mr A MAY BE a Wali?"

Allah(SWT) Tells us that whoever is an enemy of His Wali, then He Will Become an enemy of that person, (Hadith Qudsi). It follows that Allah(SWT) surely Indicates to those sincere in their Eemaan that A is close to Him. The obvious question then is how does Allah(SWT) provide such indications. The possible indications are: (a) when looking at A, one immediately remembers Allah(SWT), (b) through the karamaat of A, and (c) through dreams.

Notwithstanding above, people would have first known Mr A to be, inter alia, (a) a very pious individual with strict adherence to Allah(SWT) 's Commands and the Sunnah of the Holy Messenger(SAW), (b) an individual who leads a life that indicates that he attaches no importance whatsoever to material things, (c) he shows no pride either in speech or action, (d) he spends his nights in dhikr for Allah(SWT) - this would perhaps be known only to those who are very close to him.

If the standard for a wali is following the sunnah then many fraudsters like Gohar shahi,yusuf kazaab etc apparently followed the sunaah and they were regarded as proper "Wali" for decades until some scholars started calling them deviants.

The reply to the first part of the above statement is already contained in my comments above. We note that following ONLY the Sunnah of the Holy Messenger(SAW) does not lead to the status of WALI. The road to attain that status, my dear brother, is very very steep. Common people cannot appreciate how steep that path is. We are very far from that steep path.

As for the second part of your statement ".....until some scholars started calling them deviants." please note that the relationship of anyone with Allah(SWT) is known to Allah(SWT) ONLY. Scholars do not make a wali. Their opinions are null and void as far as that relationship goes.

why cant a Mufti,after getting through his studies,staright away become a Wali? He is more equipped with the knowledge of deen than anyone else.

A Mufti is someone who has attained a certain academic level. He would have attended a Madrassa / Dar-ul-Uloom for a few years and would have been taught book knowledge. He is awarded a certificate qualifying him as a Mufti, one eligible to give rulings - based on his book knowledge. A Mufti may be compared to a graduate in law. Nothing more nothing less, except, of course, that the Mufti would have earned the Blessings of Allah(SWT) through, inter alia, the practice of all that is fard upon us, compliance with the sunnah of the Holy Messenger(SAW) and his study of the Deen of Allah(SWT). These Blessings are not earned by the law graduate.

Such a certificate, in no way, informs us of the spiritual status of the Mufti, of his proximity to Allah(SWT).What would differentiate one Mufti fom another, is the sincerity and depth of one’s Eemaan, for example. Let me illustrate through a simple example:

Suppose you see me spending all my time in the dhikr of Allah(SWT), and some day you ask me how I get food to eat. That would indicate a not so strong Eemaan on your part for the simple reason that you would have shown that you do not completely trust Allah(SWT), the Sole Provider of all that we need. When someone has complete trust in Allah(SWT), he simply walks over water without first asking himself whether Allah(SWT) will protect him or not.

So, my dear brother, knowledge of the deen is something. Getting close to Allah(SWT) is a completely different one.

What are those special characteristics which makes a lay-man a Wali who has no traditional religious training? Is there any concept of Revelations out there?

If someone knows the basic principles and laws of Islam, practices upon this knowledge, has a pure heart, completely alienates oneself from material things, from this world, has complete trust in Allah(SWT), love for His Beloved Messenger(SAW), is continuously engaged in the dhikr of Allah(SWT), Allah(SWT) May be Pleased with him and make him His Friend. Who becomes the Friend of Allah(SWT)? Only Allah(SWT) decides. When the link is made, that relationship is UNIQUE. It is a relationship that needs no revelations. Love simply flows between the Creator and His Creature.

I am presently reading a book entitled “Le Memorial des Saints” by Farid al-DinAttar. Unfortunately it is in French, and I don’t know if there is an English version. One could find out from the internet. If you do get that book, you will find out how easy and how difficult it is to become a wali. We speak of the Awliya(ra) as if we were speaking of common people. But once you will have gone through this very inspiring book, you will find out why Awliya(ra) deserve the status they enjoy in the Company of the Almighty.

Brotherly yours
farook

dr.ati
16-03-2011, 08:05 AM
Bhai jaan,

I just quoted 3 ayats I think, please re read the post. Also, I think shias have a different concept of wali than we do. Why would aaimma need to use this term? I dont think 'wali' is a term used in fiqah but I am not a mufti so I dont know, I never studied fiqah. Its just a term dont be so scared. Wali dont bite :cheesygri

chotay bhai (probably??)
In Quran three ranks have been mentioned by name for a Muslim.They are muslim>>Momin>>Ehsan.
Would you be kind enough to tell me that which Faqih first used the term "Wilayat e khasa"?

FususAlHikam
16-03-2011, 08:08 AM
chotay bhai (probably??)
In Quran three ranks have been mentioned by name for a Muslim.They are muslim>>Momin>>Ehsan.
Would you be kind enough to tell me that which Faqih first used the term "Wilayat e khasa"?

Yes you are right I am chotay bhai.

My Barey bhai, :-)

I dont understand what is the connection between fiqah and wilayat? If you must know then Hazrath Mufti Nawalur Rahman sahib db used this term many times, I heard it directly from him many many times when he gave a bayaan on this topic. Maybe we are saying the same thing, using different words.

binte azam
16-03-2011, 08:09 AM

"How would the people realize the Mr A has become a wali?"

Firstly, I would rephrase the question to read as "How would the people realize that Mr A MAY BE a Wali?"

Allah(SWT) Tells us that whoever is an enemy of His Wali, then He Will Become an enemy of that person, (Hadith Qudsi). It follows that Allah(SWT) surely Indicates to those sincere in their Eemaan that A is close to Him. The obvious question then is how does Allah(SWT) provide such indications. The possible indications are: (a) when looking at A, one immediately remembers Allah(SWT), (b) through the karamaat of A, and (c) through dreams.

Notwithstanding above, people would have first known Mr A to be, inter alia, (a) a very pious individual with strict adherence to Allah(SWT) 's Commands and the Sunnah of the Holy Messenger(SAW), (b) an individual who leads a life that indicates that he attaches no importance whatsoever to material things, (c) he shows no pride either in speech or action, (d) he spends his nights in dhikr for Allah(SWT) - this would perhaps be known only to those who are very close to him.

If the standard for a wali is following the sunnah then many fraudsters like Gohar shahi,yusuf kazaab etc apparently followed the sunaah and they were regarded as proper "Wali" for decades until some scholars started calling them deviants.

The reply to the first part of the above statement is already contained in my comments above. We note that following ONLY the Sunnah of the Holy Messenger(SAW) does not lead to the status of WALI. The road to attain that status, my dear brother, is very very steep. Common people cannot appreciate how steep that path is. We are very far from that steep path.

As for the second part of your statement ".....until some scholars started calling them deviants." please note that the relationship of anyone with Allah(SWT) is known to Allah(SWT) ONLY. Scholars do not make a wali. Their opinions are null and void as far as that relationship goes.

why cant a Mufti,after getting through his studies,staright away become a Wali? He is more equipped with the knowledge of deen than anyone else.

A Mufti is someone who has attained a certain academic level. He would have attended a Madrassa / Dar-ul-Uloom for a few years and would have been taught book knowledge. He is awarded a certificate qualifying him as a Mufti, one eligible to give rulings - based on his book knowledge. A Mufti may be compared to a graduate in law. Nothing more nothing less, except, of course, that the Mufti would have earned the Blessings of Allah(SWT) through, inter alia, the practice of all that is fard upon us, compliance with the sunnah of the Holy Messenger(SAW) and his study of the Deen of Allah(SWT). These Blessings are not earned by the law graduate.

Such a certificate, in no way, informs us of the spiritual status of the Mufti, of his proximity to Allah(SWT).What would differentiate one Mufti fom another, is the sincerity and depth of one’s Eemaan, for example. Let me illustrate through a simple example:

Suppose you see me spending all my time in the dhikr of Allah(SWT), and some day you ask me how I get food to eat. That would indicate a not so strong Eemaan on your part for the simple reason that you would have shown that you do not completely trust Allah(SWT), the Sole Provider of all that we need. When someone has complete trust in Allah(SWT), he simply walks over water without first asking himself whether Allah(SWT) will protect him or not.

So, my dear brother, knowledge of the deen is something. Getting close to Allah(SWT) is a completely different one.

What are those special characteristics which makes a lay-man a Wali who has no traditional religious training? Is there any concept of Revelations out there?

If someone knows the basic principles and laws of Islam, practices upon this knowledge, has a pure heart, completely alienates oneself from material things, from this world, has complete trust in Allah(SWT), love for His Beloved Messenger(SAW), is continuously engaged in the dhikr of Allah(SWT), Allah(SWT) May be Pleased with him and make him His Friend. Who becomes the Friend of Allah(SWT)? Only Allah(SWT) decides. When the link is made, that relationship is UNIQUE. It is a relationship that needs no revelations. Love simply flows between the Creator and His Creature.

I am presently reading a book entitled “Le Memorial des Saints” by Farid al-DinAttar. Unfortunately it is in French, and I don’t know if there is an English version. One could find out from the internet. If you do get that book, you will find out how easy and how difficult it is to become a wali. We speak of the Awliya(ra) as if we were speaking of common people. But once you will have gone through this very inspiring book, you will find out why Awliya(ra) deserve the status they enjoy in the Company of the Almighty.

Brotherly yours
farook

aslam o alikum
brother very gud post mashallah
wt about the ranks like ppl say "there are 500 awliya and 40 abdal and 4 awtad 1 qutub and when ever som1 die other person take his place "it it true ?and how do we recognize thm and the last question is Do they can go in every corner of world to fulfill their given task or duty i heard abt it is it true?
jazakALLAH

FususAlHikam
16-03-2011, 08:22 AM
aslam o alikum
brother very gud post mashallah
wt about the ranks like ppl say "there are 500 awliya and 40 abdal and 4 awtad 1 qutub and when ever som1 die other person take his place "it it true ?and how do we recognize thm and the last question is Do they can go in every corner of world to fulfill their given task or duty i heard abt it is it true?
jazakALLAH

We have discussed the topic of sahib e khidmat to endless degree on a couple of other threads. I even had to phone to Pakistan one time to my grandfather shaikh Hazrat Moulana Tanvir Ahmed Khan sahib db to clear up my own understanding of takwini hazraat. Please check the previous threads on this topic.

Now you are going into takwini and tashiri hazraat. Takwini are given some charge of worldly affairs. Tashiri are given charge of hidayat of mankind. Both carry out their respective assignments. Tashiri are the more elite of the two groups. Please look at Takwin wa Tashir ma'a Sawaney Tanvir for detailed information on this topic. A person can be a big wali and not have a rank among these two groups. There are many details, many people have written many books on this topic, I concluded that the only way to truly know who is who and how many of them exist and what they do is to become one of them.

binte azam
16-03-2011, 08:29 AM
We have discussed the topic of sahib e khidmat to endless degree on a couple of other threads. I even had to phone to Pakistan one time to my grandfather shaikh Hazrat Moulana Tanvir Ahmed Khan sahib db to clear up my own understanding of takwini hazraat. Please check the previous threads on this topic.

Now you are going into takwini and tashiri hazraat. Takwini are given some charge of worldly affairs. Tashiri are given charge of hidayat of mankind. Both carry out their respective assignments. Tashiri are the more elite of the two groups. Please look at Takwin wa Tashir ma'a Sawaney Tanvir for detailed information on this topic. A person can be a big wali and not have a rank among these two groups. There are many details, many people have written many books on this topic, I concluded that the only way to truly know who is who and how many of them exist and what they do is to become one of them.
brother can u provide me the link of the thread

farook
16-03-2011, 08:29 AM
Brother farook,

I agree with you saying that no can can claim to be a wali and they will ONLY find out in the afterlife. But i know someone MY AGE (14)..who claims to be a wali... she's infact 13 but she's in the same year as me..(year9)
But Masha'Allah she is a really pious girl, she prays,fasts,stands in the night for prayer,reads Qur'aan...etc etc.. she is really good masha'Allah...
But i always wonder....''Well, she might be a wali the fact that she is SO humble....but HOW does she know??''

Dear Sister, assalaamoalaikum

A wali is always in fear of Allah(SWT) until his death. A wali does everything to please Allah(SWT), but he/she does not know whether Allah(SWT) is really pleased with him / her or not. However, being aware of the experiences of past Awliya, it may be possible for one to say that because of such and such gift / power that I have (which may be I did not have before), may be Allah(SWT) is indeed pleased with me. However, that perception should, in no way, lead to a sense of pride. As I said earlier, one atom of pride and one goes back to the bottom of the ladder. Pride is one of those things that indicate a very weak Eemaan, and a weak Eemaan cannot lead to the status of a wali.

As regards your friend, do investigate the heart in the first place, observe her, pay attention to her sayings, her actions, her outlook regarding others (rich or poor, low class or high class), see which are the types of people she likes to be with. Does she like beautiful and costly dresses? Is she always ready to help others? Is she fully obedient towards her parents? Does she sometimes lie? Has she displayed any special power that ordinary people do not have?

13 is a rather young age, but Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jeelani (ra) already knew half of the Holy Qur'an at birth. So is it reported. So, age may not be a limiting factor.

Brotherly yours
farook

farook
16-03-2011, 08:36 AM
salaam you need to do a test for wilayat. ask her for wazeefas and taveez and if she cannot she cant help you, then you need to tell her she is not a wali and need to stop lying sister. ok?

also buy lamp.

Dear Sister,

The status of a wali defines a relationship that exists between the Creator and His creature. It is a relationship that is unique. A wali is not there to distribute wazeefas or taveez. Further, once a relationship has been established, a would be wali still has innumerable tests to undergo, and needs to continuously strive with the same faith and enthusiasm all through his / her life. That relationship needs to be fuelled all along until one makes purdah with this world.

Brotherly yours
farook

London786
16-03-2011, 08:40 AM
fusoos saheb so becoming one of them.....:cheesygri interesting stuff

binte azam
16-03-2011, 08:46 AM
fusoos saheb so becoming one of them.....:cheesygri interesting stuff
y dnt al sf members!!!;)

farook
16-03-2011, 09:09 AM
If this is true, then many of the Sufi greats in history were not awliya'... For example, Shaykh Ahmad Sirhindi's claims of wilaya are surprisingly daring. Shaykh Sirhindi, also known as Mujaddid Alf Sani and Imam-i Rabbani, writes:

Dear Brother, Assalaamoalaikum,

The quote you have given describes the experience(s) of the Shaykh Ahmad Sirhindi(May Allah(SWT) Be Pleased with him). Other Awliya(ra) have also described their own experience(s). A few have even even admitted to the Court of Allah(SWT), before making purdah with this world.

However, it is only after their arrival in the other world, that they come to know about their actual status and of the extent to which Allah(SWT) Is Pleased with him. A wali who had only one shirt enjoys a higher status than one with two shirts. Allah(SWT)'s Justice / Reward Is Known to Him alone.

Please do note that what I have been saying above comes from whatever literature I have come across. That's not my opinion. I am not a wali. So, I cannot say more.

Brotherly yours
farook

farook
16-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Asalam O Alaikum brother. The person in this video is Gohar Shahi in whose face and action the people searched "wali" for more than 10 years until claimed to be mehdi (Na'Audubillah) and died in exile in UK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geS051EQE1o&feature=related

One does not search for a wali when looking at his face. What Brother Nomadic said was that when one looks at a wali one remembers Allah(SWT). One does not see a wali.

I have gone to the link you have provided, and no special remembrance of Allah(SWT) came to me. Instead I saw a very normal person. However, in case, he is close to Allah(SWT), I seek Allah(SWT)'s forgiveness for not having recognised His Friend.

Brotherly yours
farook

FususAlHikam
16-03-2011, 09:28 AM
Dear Brother, Assalaamoalaikum,

The quote you have given describes the experience(s) of the Shaykh Ahmad Sirhindi(May Allah(SWT) Be Pleased with him). Other Awliya(ra) have also described their own experience(s). A few have even even admitted to the Court of Allah(SWT), before making purdah with this world.

However, it is only after their arrival in the other world, that they come to know about their actual status and of the extent to which Allah(SWT) Is Pleased with him. A wali who had only one shirt enjoys a higher status than one with two shirts. Allah(SWT)'s Justice / Reward Is Known to Him alone.

Please do note that what I have been saying above comes from whatever literature I have come across. That's not my opinion. I am not a wali. So, I cannot say more.

Brotherly yours
farook

very good posts masha'Allah beneficial. True, no one knows real status till they see the morning in aakhirat.

farook
16-03-2011, 09:57 AM

It is not only the Holy Messenger(SAW) who did not say everything. Even Allah(SWT) did not say everything although the Holy Qur'an is said to have been revealed in detail. We must be able to understand what is meant by in detail. There are quite a few verses in the Holy Qur'an that are Statements from Allah(SWT), verses that have not been elaborated upon in detail. The Holy Qur'an was revealed, a priori, for the common man. The Holy Qur'an is sufficiently clear for the common man to take the steep path to Allah(SWT). Together with what the Holy messenger(SAW) has taught us, that is adequate enough for the common man to reach his Creator.

When in the Holy Qur'an Allah(SWT) Says that

This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.

He is saying that this day I have shown you the Straight Path to Me. And that Straight Path is defined in Sura Al-Balad (90: 10 - 16). And that Straight Path Allah(SWT) Says is the Steep Path that no one is in haste to take.

Allah(SWT) Has Shown us the Path. The Holy Messenger(SAW) through his sayings, actions and explanations, has further guided us to that Path. Guiding someone does not mean that that someone has to be told everything. He is guided to the Path, and it is then up to him to make the ascent. Some reach only a few centimetres up, some half way and some the top. How far one reaches up the Steep Path defines the rank reached by that person. That rank is wholly determined by one's efforts to please none but Allah(SWT). The Holy Messenger(SAW) could only guide us. The rest he left to each one of us. That does not mean that he left an incomplete deen.

As regards the four Imams, they followed the Path of The Holy Messenger(SAW). No one can accompany us along the steep path. It is for each and everyone of us to climb up and up and up.....

Brotherly yours
farook

IneedAllah
16-03-2011, 10:16 PM

also buy lamp.
she always wears taweez.

sudoku
16-03-2011, 10:25 PM
she always wears taweez.

Sister IneedAllah, I'll advise you not to take what the one you quoted said seriously. A person's friendship with Allah is not based of wazeefas or taweezes.

I'd advise you to read the following books by Moulana Yunus Patel to find out about true Friends and Lovers of Allah :taala:

Aashiq-e-Sawdiq Part 1 (http://yunuspatel.co.za/books-Aashiq-e-Sawdiq-1.php)

&

Aashiq-e-Sawdiq Part 2 (http://yunuspatel.co.za/books-Aashiq-e-Sawdiq-2.php)

MartialArtistUK
16-03-2011, 10:34 PM

Sister IneedAllah, I'll advise you not to take what the one you quoted said seriously. A person's friendship with Allah is not based of wazeefas or taweezes.

I'd advise you to read the following books by Moulana Yunus Patel to find out about true Friends and Lovers of Allah :taala:

&

i could not agree more

IneedAllah
16-03-2011, 10:59 PM

&

Thanks,
May Allah reward you!

farook
17-03-2011, 03:45 AM
Brother farook,

Dear Sister, Assalaamoalaikum

In my post at #23, I said that at 13 your friend is too young.

This is a terrible mistake on my part and beg to be forgiven for having misled (unvluntarily) my brothers & sisters. In fact, the younger one's faith consolidates, and one studies the Deen of Allah(SWT) and practices upon it, the faster one moves along that steep path. There is a hadith (Bukhari) where such young people are promised Jannah.

Your friend is 13. If as you say she looks serious in the practice of the Deen, she may already be experiencing certain things that others don't, such as seeing the Holy Messenger(SAW) in her dream. At that age, she may not fully understand the various steps that lead to being a wali of Allah(SWT), but that does not negate the fact that she may be experiencing something. I think it would be much better if you could encourage her in her path instead of questioning her.Let us not adopt the attitude that she does not know what she is saying.

May I advise my very young to young brothers and sisters to take good note of the message contained in the above-mentioned hadith. Insh'Allah, Allah(SWT) Will certainly Guide you. But the effort should come from you.

Brotherly yours
farook

IneedAllah
17-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Dear Sister, Assalaamoalaikum

In my post at #23, I said that at 13 your friend is too young.

This is a terrible mistake on my part and beg to be forgiven for having misled (unvluntarily) my brothers & sisters. In fact, the younger one's faith consolidates, and one studies the Deen of Allah(SWT) and practices upon it, the faster one moves along that steep path. There is a hadith (Bukhari) where such young people are promised Jannah.

Your friend is 13. If as you say she looks serious in the practice of the Deen, she may already be experiencing certain things that others don't, such as seeing the Holy Messenger(SAW) in her dream. At that age, she may not fully understand the various steps that lead to being a wali of Allah(SWT), but that does not negate the fact that she may be experiencing something. I think it would be much better if you could encourage her in her path instead of questioning her.Let us not adopt the attitude that she does not know what she is saying.

May I advise my very young to young brothers and sisters to take good note of the message contained in the above-mentioned hadith. Insh'Allah, Allah(SWT) Will certainly Guide you. But the effort should come from you.

Brotherly yours
farook

I agree with you brother.
Just to let you know, i don't really question her...because i might hurt her feelings (somehow) ...but she's a great friend of mine! :) Alhamdulillah
insha'Allah i will try to be MORE like her.

FususAlHikam
18-03-2011, 08:11 AM
she always wears taweez.

wearing taweez and nearness to Allah swt are two different things. A person wears taweez for many reasons like protection or maybe for some illness or even for easy childbirth, there are numerous reasons. Nearness to Allah swt comes only when a person believes in Allah swt and fears Allah swt in all aspects of life - fears meaning that he fears to disobey Allah swt in all aspects of life, the person never wants to do anything that is against what Allah swt told them to do in that particular situation. For example, when you are dealing with your parents, you should becareful how you speak to them, you should try your best to keep them as happy as you can, never disrespect them, fulfill their wishes, when they ask you to do something do it right away etc. Give them honor. When you meet with your teachers show them respect, do what they ask you to do with your schoolwork and such. Basically learn how you should be with everyone in your life and then carry that out. Pray your 5 time salaat. Read a little bit of Quran every day. Do tasbih of astaghfaar and 1st kalimah and durood everyday etc. Dont watch tv or listen to music. Dont go near anything that is sinful. Dont mix with people who are going to tempt you with sin. Any amount of sin, no matter how small, takes a person away from Allah swt. They have to make tawbah from it and then again try to come close. Its a life long journey so its best to keep someone your guide who knows the ins and outs of this journey. They can tell you the pitfalls, the shortcuts, the side roads, the wrong exits etc.

IneedAllah
18-03-2011, 10:30 PM
wearing taweez and nearness to Allah swt are two different things. A person wears taweez for many reasons like protection or maybe for some illness or even for easy childbirth, there are numerous reasons. Nearness to Allah swt comes only when a person believes in Allah swt and fears Allah swt in all aspects of life - fears meaning that he fears to disobey Allah swt in all aspects of life, the person never wants to do anything that is against what Allah swt told them to do in that particular situation. For example, when you are dealing with your parents, you should becareful how you speak to them, you should try your best to keep them as happy as you can, never disrespect them, fulfill their wishes, when they ask you to do something do it right away etc. Give them honor. When you meet with your teachers show them respect, do what they ask you to do with your schoolwork and such. Basically learn how you should be with everyone in your life and then carry that out. Pray your 5 time salaat. Read a little bit of Quran every day. Do tasbih of astaghfaar and 1st kalimah and durood everyday etc. Dont watch tv or listen to music. Dont go near anything that is sinful. Dont mix with people who are going to tempt you with sin. Any amount of sin, no matter how small, takes a person away from Allah swt. They have to make tawbah from it and then again try to come close. Its a life long journey so its best to keep someone your guide who knows the ins and outs of this journey. They can tell you the pitfalls, the shortcuts, the side roads, the wrong exits etc.
May Allah reward you for your beneficial information.