PDA

View Full Version : Supplications for all occasions!

Abu_Tamim
02-04-2011, 07:02 AM
:salam:
I thought of making a thread where we could put up dua's for every occasion with the English transliteration and translation if possible. Also, maybe add up a Qur'anic verse or a hadith which acts as a dalil for the use of the dua'. This thread is not for discussion or debates. Just for putting up dua's so that those who feel the need to consult it can do so and learn online as well.
:ws:
:jazak:

INDEX

The Islamic Greeting: Page 1, Post 2.
Dua' after Salah: Page 1, Post 3.
Dua' on entering the Mosque: Page 1, Post 4.
Sayyid al Istighfaar: Page 1, Post 7.
Dua' for Parents: Page 1, Post 9.
Dua' for Good Manners: Page 1, Post 10.
==========================
Dua' for studying: Page 2, Post 12.
Dua' for anxiety and difficulty: Page 2, Post 12.
Dua' for knowledge: Page 2, Post 12.
Dua' after studying: Page 2, Post 12.
Dua' after Adhaan: Page 2, Post 12
All encompassing dua': Page 2, Post 12.
Dua' of Abu Darda' for protection from Misfortune: Page 2, Post 13.
Dua' for eating: Page 2, Post 15.
Dua' for sleeping and waking: Page 2, Post 16.
===========================
Dua' for settling a debt: Page 3, Post 21.
Dua' for Shifa: Page 3, Post 22.
Dua' for Protection from Black Magic: Page 3, Post 22
Dua' for Everlasting Protection for the Preserving of ones’ Material Possessions: Page 3, Post 22
Dua' for Protection on One’s Religion, Life, Offspring, Family and Wealth: Page 3, Post 22
Dua' for Protection from all Calamities of the Earth and the Sky: Page 3, Post 22
Dua' to Remove Restlessness and Grief: Page 3, Post 22.

Abu_Tamim
02-04-2011, 07:06 AM

I will start off with the Islamic greeting with which Muslims salute one another:

"As salamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh."

Allah says in the Qur'an in Sura Nisa'(no.4), ayah no 86:

"Wa-itha huyyeetum bitahiyyatin fahayyoo bi-ahsana minha aw ruddooha inna Allaha kana AAala kulli shay-in haseeban" (transliteration)

"When a (courteous) greeting is offered you, meet it with a greeting still more courteous, or (at least) of equal courtesy. God takes careful account of all things."

(Translation by 'Abdullah Yusuf 'Ali)

Wa salamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Abu_Tamim
02-04-2011, 07:10 PM

Supplication after salah:

عن ثوبان مولى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم كان إذا انصرف من صلاته استغفر ثلاثا وقال اللهم أنت السلام ومنك السلام تباركت يا ذا الجلال والإكرام مسلم 1/218مكتبة تهانوي

Thawban (ra) narrates that when Nabi (:saw:) used to finish salah, he used to recite Istighfar thrice and then recite:

« اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ السَّلاَمُ وَمِنْكَ السَّلاَمُ تَبَارَكْتَ ذَا الْجَلاَلِ وَالإِكْرَامِ »

Sahih Muslim.

Transliteration: Allahumma antas salam wa minkas salam, tabaarakta zil Jalaali wal ikram.

Translation: “O Allah You are peace and from You is peace. Blessed are You, O Being of Majesty and Honour”

TripolySunni
02-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Salam Aleykum,

Very nice thread Mashallah,

Dua of entering the Masjid:

Arabic:

أَعوذُ باللهِ العَظيـم وَبِوَجْهِـهِ الكَرِيـم وَسُلْطـانِه القَديـم مِنَ الشّيْـطانِ الرَّجـيم

Transliteration:
"aAAoothu billahil-AAatheem wabiwajhihil-kareem wasultanihil-qadeem minash-shaytanir-rajeem"

Translation:
"I take refuge with Allah, The Supreme and with His Noble Face, and His eternal authority from the accursed devil."

Source of this Dua from the Sunnah:

لقيت عقبة بن مسلم فقلت له بلغني أنك حدثت عن عبدالله بن عمرو بن العاص أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم كان يقول إذا دخل المسجدأعوذ بالله العظيم وبوجهه الكريم وسلطانه القديم من الشيطان الرجيم قال اقط قلت نعم قال فإذا قال ذلك قال الشيطان حفظ مني سائر ذلك اليوم

Translation: "I met 'Uqbah bin Muslim so I said to him: It had reached me that you have narrated from 'Abdullah ibn 'Amro bin al-'Aas that the Messenger of Allah PBUH used to say as he entered the mosque: [And he mentions the Dua above], He replied: Yes, and if he said these the Shaytan would say: "He is safe from me for the rest of this day."

source: al-Munthiri in his "Al-Targheeb wal-Tarheeb" vol.2 page 380, He said about it:
"لا ينزل عن درجة الحسن وقد يكون على شرط الصحيحين أو أحدهما"
"The rank of this Hadith is no less than 'Hasan' and it could be 'Sahih' on the condition of the two Sheikhs(Bukhari & Muslim) or one of them."

This Hadith seems to be narrated through 'Amro ibn al-'Aas (ra) although I found another through Mu'ath ibn Jabal (ra):

كان رسول الله - صلى الله عليه وسلم - يقول إذا دخل المسجد : أعوذ بالله العظيم ، وبوجهه الكريم ، وسلطانه القديم ، من الشيطان الرجيم ، قال : فإذا قال ذلك ؛ قال الشيطان : حفظ مني سائر اليوم

Mu'ath said: The Prophet PBUH used to say as he enters the Masjid: [He mentions the above Dua], he said: If I say it then Shaytan will say: "He is safe from me for the rest of this day."

source: al-Albani in "Takhreej Mishkat al Masabih" #714, He said about it: Isnaduhu Sahih.

Salam Aleykum,

TripolySunni
02-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Oh.. and the title of your thread doesn't Rhyme, it should be "Supplication for every occasion" or "Supplications for all occasions".

blackflagsarfaraz
02-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Excellent thread, inshallah i hope to contribute with a 4page pdf morning and eveni.g duas

amr123
03-04-2011, 02:38 AM
Sayyidul Istighfar: Chief of Dua for forgivenss

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rW1Jaqtk3U

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_n86lKRNNU3o/TIykGUvM4FI/AAAAAAAAAC4/HAtiea8-uZg/s1600/Sayyidul+Istighfar+1.bmp

Allahumma anta rabbee la ilaha illa anta,
O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshiped except You,
khalaqtanee wa-ana ‘abduka,
You created me and I am Your servant
wa-ana ‘alaa ‘ahdika wawa’dika mas-tata’tu,
and I abide to Your covenant and promise [to honor it] as best I can,
a’oothu bika min sharri ma sana’tu,
I take refuge in You from the evil of which I committed
aboo-o laka bini’matika ‘alaya,
I acknowledge Your favor upon me
wa-aboo-o bizambee, faghfir lee
and I acknowledge my sin, so forgive me,
fa-innahu la yaghfiruz-zunooba illa ant.
for verily none can forgive sins except You.

"If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it and dies on the same day before the evening,
he will be from the people of Paradise and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it and
dies before the morning he will be from the people of Paradise."

Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 75, Number 318

Ayaaz
03-04-2011, 05:06 AM
Assalamoualaikoum

Masha Allah, nice thread. At least one where there will be no arguing. Moderators, can the thread be made sticky. It will be of benefit to everyone.

Ayaz

sudoku
03-04-2011, 05:27 AM

Du'aa to read for ones parents:

رَبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

Transliteration: Rabir-ham-huma Kama Rabbayaani Sagheeraa

Translation: Oh my Lord, have mercy upon them both as they brought me up when I was small.

Taken from Suratul-Israa, ayaah 24

وَاخْفِضْ لَهُمَا جَنَاحَ الذُّلِّ مِنَ الرَّحْمَةِ وَقُلْ رَبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

amr123
03-04-2011, 09:08 AM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2j0mfs6.jpg

hiso
03-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Sayyidul Istighfar: Chief of Dua for forgivenss

Good thread indeed. Requesting all posters to highlight the title of dua as above.

Student_Of_Knowledge
03-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Assalamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Sunday 3 April 2011 | 29 Rabi'ul Akhir 1432 AH

MODS: Please Make This Thread Sticky
The Following Quotes Are Taken From http://shaykh.wordpress.com/category/dua/
“We do not try to attract the mercy and help of Allah subhanahu wata‘alaa in our du’as in the way we should. We discuss the state of the ummah and its problems and politics for hours on end, yet we cannot take out five minutes to beseech Allah subhaanahu wata‘alaa – the One who is fully able to solve our problems and improve our condition.”Shaykh Mohammad Saleem Dhorat (may Allah preserve him
“When we are faced with difficulty, we begin to worship Allah. Don’t worship Allah to remove your difficulty. Worship Allah to gain Allah!”Shaykh Mohammad Saleem Dhorat (may Allah preserve him
Don’t ask Allah according to your status. Ask Allah according to His Might and Power.Shaykh Mohammad Saleem Dhorat (may Allah preserve him

“I make this dua with regards my nafs:

Rabbi inni magloobun fantasir

O Allah I am overpowered, please assist me”Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat
Du'as before/during study

اللَّهُمَّ لا سَهْلَ إلَّا مَا جَعَلْتَهُ سَهْلاً وَ إنْتَ تَحْعَلُ الْحزْنَ إذَا شِئْتَ سَهْ

Allahumma la sahla illa ma ja'altu sahla, wa 'anta taj-alul hazna idha shi'ta sahla
O Allah! There is nothing easy except what You make easy, and You make the difficult easy if it be Your Will
[Ibn Hibban]

اللَّهُمَّ الْطُفْ بِىْ فِىْ تَيْسِيْرِ كُلِّ عَسِيْرٍ فَاِنَّ تَيْسِيْرَ ; كُلِّ عَسِيْرٍ عَلَيْكَ يَسِيْرٌَ

Allahumma Tufiltuf bi fi taysiri kulli 'asirin, fainna taysirra kuuli 'asirin 'alaika yassirun
O Allah! Make easy for me every difficult thing, with Your special favour and Kindness, for it is easy for You to make every difficult thing easy

أللِّهُم النّفَعنِي بِمَا عَلَّمتَنِي وَ عَلِّمنِيِ مَا يَنفَعنِي
Allahumma infa'nii bimaa 'allamtanii wa'allimnii maa yanfa' unii
O Allah! Make useful for me what You taught me and teach me knowledge that will be useful to me.

اللهم اني اسالك العفو والعافية
Allahumma inni as'alukal 'afuwawal-afiya
O Allah! I seek your forgiveness and well being (meaning in examination, memory, and concentration etc)

اَللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ عِلْمًا نَافِعًا , وَ رِزْقًا طَيَّبًا , وَ عَمَلاً مُتَقَبَّلاً

Allahumma inni as'aluka 'Ilman naafi'an, wa rizqan tayyiban, wa 'amalan mutaqabbalan
O Allah! I ask You for knowledge that is of benefit, a good provision and deeds that will be accepted.
[Ibn Majah and others]

اللَّهُمَّ اِنِّى اَسْئَلُكَ مِنَ الْخَيْرِ كُلِّه عَاجِله وَ اجِلِه مَا عَلِمْتُ مِنْهُ وَ مَا لَمْ اَعْلَمْ

Allahumma inni as'aluka min al khairi kullihi 'ajilihi wa ajilihi, ma 'alimtu minhu wa ma lam a'alam
O Allah! I ask You for all the good which is in the present or in the future, which I know and which I do not know
[a comprehensive du'a taught to Aisha by the Prophet (saws)]

Du'as for anxiety/difficulty

اللَّهُمَّ إنِّي أعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْهَمِّ وَ الْحَزَنِ ، وَ الْعَجْزِ وَ الْكَسَلِ ، وَ الْبُخْلِ وَ الْجُبْنِ ، وَ ضَلَعِ الدِّيْنِ وَ غَلَبَةِ الرِّجَالِ

Allahumma inni a'udhubika minal hammi wal hazan, wal 'ajzi wal kasal, wal bukhli wal jubn, wa dhala'id-dayni wa ghalabatir rijaal
O Allah! I seek refuge in You from grief and sadness, from weakness and from laziness, from miserliness and from cowardice, from being overcome by debt and from being overpowered by men (other people)
[Sahih al-Bukhari 7:158]

اللَّهُمَّ إنِّي اُنْزِلُ بِكَ حَاجَتِىْ وَ اِنْ قَصُرَ رَابِىْ وَ ضُعْفَ عَمَلِى افْتَقَرْت ;ُ اِلى رَحمَتِكَ

Allahumma inni unzila bika haajati wa-in qasuura rubbi wa du'fa 'amali iftaqartu illa Rahmatika
O Allah! I ask You to answer my needs, though my intellect is weak, and my actions are defective, O Allah! I am in need of Your Mercy

حَسْبِيَ اللهُ وَنِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ

HasbiyAllahu wa ni'mal wakeel
Allah is my availer and protector and the best of aids.

رَبِّ اِنِّىْ مَغْلُوْبٌ فَانْتَصِرْ

Rabbi inni maghlubun fan-tass-ssir
O Allah! I am overpowered, so help me.
[surah al-Qamar, 54:10]
This was the du'a of sayyidna Nuh (alayhis salam) after 950 years of preaching to a stubborn people.

Du'as for Knowledge

اللَّهُمˇ اِنِّى اَسْئَلُكَ عِلْمًا نَجِيْحًا

Allahumma inni as'aluka 'ilman-naaji'han
O Allah! I ask You for useful Knowledge

سُبْحَانَكَ لاَ عِلْمَ لَنَا إِلاَّ مَا عَلَّمْتَنَا إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْعَلِيمُ الْحَكِيمُ

Subhanaka la 'ilma lana 'illa ma 'allamtana 'innaka 'antal-'Alimul Hakim
Glory be to you, we have no knowledge except what you have taught us. Verily, it is You, the All-Knower, the All-Wise
[surah Baqarah; 2:32]

رَبِّ زدْنيِ عِلْماً وَ رْزُقْنيِ فَهْماً

Rabbi zidni 'ilman war zuqni fahman
O Allah! Advance me in Knowledge and true understanding

يَا عَلِيمُ عَلِّمْنِىْ

Ya Alimu, alimni
O All-Knowing, grant me knowledge

رَّبِّ زِدْنِى عِلْمًا

Rabbi zidni ilma
O my Lord! Advance me in Knowledge
[surah Ta-Ha; 20:114]

Du'as after studying

اَللَّهُمَّ ذَكِّرْنِِىْ مِنْهَ ، وَ عَلِّمْنِىْ مِنْهُ مَا جَهِلْتُ

Allahumma zakkirni minhu, wa 'alimni minhu ma jahiltu
O Allah! Assist me to remember it, and teach me whatever I am ignorant of it

Allahhumma inni astaodeeuka ma qara'tu wama hafaz-tu. Faradduhu 'allaya inda hagati elayhi
O Allah! I entrust You with what I have read and I have studied. (O Allah!) Bring it back to me when I am in need of it.

صلى الله على محمد وال محمد اللهم اني أسألك يا مدخر الخير وفاعله والآمر به ذكرني ما انسانيه الشيطان

SallAllahu 'ala Muhammad wa 'aali Muhammad. Allahumma inni as'aluka ya Mudhakkiral khayr wa faa'ilahu wal-aamimira bihi dhakirni ma ansaanihi-shaytan
Blessings of Allah be upon Muhammad and his progeny. O Allah! I ask You, The One who mentions goodness and actualizes it and commands it, Remind me of that which the shaytan makes me forget

اللَّهُمَّ انْفَعَنِىْ بِمَا عَلَّمْتَنِىْ وَ عَلِّمْنِىْ مَا يَنْفَعَنِىْ

Allahummanf'ani bima 'allamtani, wa 'allimni ma yaufa'uni
O Allah! Let the knowledge that You have granted me, be useful for me, and teach me whatever can be fruitful for me

رَبَّنَا تَقَبَّلْ مِنَّا إِنَّكَ أَنتَ السَّمِيعُ الْعَلِيمُ

Rabbana ta-qabbal minna 'innaka 'Antas-Sami-'ul-'Aliim
Our Rabb! accept from us. You indeed, You are the all-Hearing, the all-Knowing.
[Surah Baqarah, 2:127]

Du’a After Azaan

اللهم رب هذه الدعوة التامة والصلوة القائمة ات محمدن الوسيلة والفضيلة وابعثه مقاما محمودان الذي وعدته
Transliteration: “Allahumma rabba hazihi ad-d’awati-t-taammati was-salati al-qaa-imati aati muhammadu nil waseelati wal-fadheelati wab-’athhu maqaaman mahmoodan il lazi wa’adtahu”

Translation: “Oh Allah! Lord of this perfect call and everlasting prayer, grant Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) the Waseelah and the greatness, and raise him to that raised position which You have promised him.”

It is mentioned in Bukhari that whoever recites this du’a, intercession of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) becomes incumbent on him.

(Mirqaat, Vol. 2, pg. 163)

Found In: Sunan Abu Dawood Chapter No: 2, Prayer (Kitab Al-Salat)
Hadith no: 521
Narrated: Anas bin Malik
The supplication made between the adhan and the iqamah is not rejected.

An all-encompassing du’a which covers all the du’as of Rasullullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam)’s twenty-three year lifespan [of Prophethood]:

اللهم اني اسالك من خير ما سالك منه نبيك محمد صلي الله عليه وسلم و اعوذبك من شر ما استعاذك منه نبيك محمد صلي الله عليه واله وسلم و انت المستعان و عليك البلاغ ولا حول ولا قوة الا بالله
Transliteration: “Allahumma inni as-aluka min khayri ma sa-alaka minhu nabiyyuka Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam wa a’oozubika min sharri mas-ta’aazanaka minhu nabiyyuka Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam wa anta al-musta’aana wa ‘alayka al-balaghu wa la hawla wa la quwwata illa billah.”

Hadhrat Abu Umamah (RA) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) made a lot of du’as, but a few of us could not remember all of them.

We complained of this to Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam), who said: “Should I not teach you such a du’a that will include all those du’as? Say, Oh Allah, I ask of you all the goodness which Muhammad (S) asked of, and I seek refuge in all the things from which Muhammad (S) has sought refuge from. Only You are capable of helping us and your function is only to convey the message of the truth. There is no strength to refrain from sins, but with the protection of Allah, and there is no power to accomplish good deeds, but with the help of Allah.”

For Quranic Supplications:

http://ahadith.co.uk/quranicsupplications.php

True Life
03-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Du'a of Sayyidina Abu Darda :anhu:
for Protection from Misfortune

اللهم انت ربي لا اله الا انت عليك توكلت وانت رب العرش العظيم, ما شاء الله كان ومالم يشأ لم يكن, ولا حول ولا قوة الا بالله العلي العظيم, اعلم ان الله على كل شىء قدير, وان الله قد احاط بكل شيء علما, اللهم اني اعوذ بك من شر نفسي, ومن شر كل دابة انت آخذ بناصيتها, ان ربي على صراط مستقيم[To be read once in the Morning and Evening]

Trannsliteration: Allah-humma, anta rabbi, laa ilaaha illaa Anta, 'alaika tawakkaltu wa anta rabbul 'arshil kareem maashaa Allahu kaana wa maLam yasha' lam yakun-wa laa hawla wa lla quwwata illaa bil-Laahil A'liyyil 'Atheem. A'lamu annallaaha 'alaa kulli shay in qadiyrun-wa annallaaha qad ahaata bikulli shay in ilmaa. Allah-humma inni a'uthu bika min sharri nafsiy wa min sharri kulli daabbatin anta aakhithum bi naasiyatihaa inna rabiy 'alaa siraatim mustaqiym.

Translation: Oh Allah, You are my Lord. There is nothing worthy of worship except You. I place all of my trust and reliance in You and You are the Lord of the Noble Throne. Whatever Allah wishes takes place, and whatever He does not desire, does not occur, and there is no power and no strength except in Allah, The Exalted, The Mighty. I know that Allah is Powerful over all things and that Allah has knowledge of all things. Oh Allah, I seek refuge in You from the evil of my nafs (self) and from the evil of every crawling creature. You are master over them. Verily, You are Lord of the Straight Path.

Hadith: It is reported that Talq bin Habib said, “A man came to Abu Darda :anhu: and said to him, ‘O Abu Darda, your house has burned.' He said: ‘No, it cannot be burned. Allah will never allow this to happen because of the words that I heard from the Prophet :saw:. Whoever says these words in the beginning of a day, the Prophet :saw: told us, will not be afflicted by a misfortune until the end of the day, and whoever says these words in the evening will not be afflicted until morning. These words are,

[see above]

In some versions of this hadith we further find that he said, “Come, let us go. So he went with them to his house. They found all the area surrounding the house burned but his house was not damaged."

Source: Kanz al-Ummal, Jama' al-Jawaami'

Abu_Tamim
03-04-2011, 02:04 PM
FOR ENTERING THE MOSQUE:

Transliteration: 'A'oothu billaahil-' Adheem, wa bi-Wajhihil-Kareem, wa Sultaanihil-qadeem, minash-Shaytaanir-rajeem. Bismillaahi, wassalaatu. Wassalaamu 'alaa Rasoolillaahi. Allaahum-maftah lee 'abwaaba rahmatika.

Translation: I seek refuge in Almighty Allah, by His Noble Face, by His primordial power, from Satan the outcast. 1
In the Name of Allah, and blessings. 2 And peace be upon the Messenger of Allah.3 O Allah, open before me the doors of Your mercy.4

1 Abu Dawud and Jami' us Saghir.
2 Ibn As-Sunni (Hadith no. 88), graded good by Al-Albani.
3 Abu Dawud 1/126 and Jami' As-Saghir.
4 Muslim 1/494. There is also a report in Sunan Ibn Majah on the authority of Fatimah : "O Allah, forgive me my sins and open for me the doors of Your mercy." It was graded authentic by Al-Albani due to supporting Ahadith.

Abu_Tamim
03-04-2011, 02:20 PM
BEFORE EATING.

When anyone of you begins eating, say:

"Bismillaah".

With the Name of Allah.

And if you forget then, when you remember, say:

Bismillaahi fee 'awwalihi wa 'aakhirihi.

With the Name of Allah, in the beginning and in the end.

Abu Dawud 3/347, Tirmidhi 4/288.

Abu_Tamim
03-04-2011, 03:02 PM
FOR SLEEPING AND WAKING:

Sleep: Bismika amutu wa ahya.

Waking: Alhamdulillahil ladhi ahyana ba'da ma amatana wa ilayhin nushur.

Narrated Hudhaifa: When the Prophet went to bed, he would say: "Bismika amutu wa ahya." and when he got up he would say:" Al-hamdu lillahil-ladhi ahyana ba'da ma amatana wa ilaihin-nushur."

Sahih al Bukhari.

amr123
03-04-2011, 06:55 PM
@ Abu Tamim

Since you are the one to post first, Maybe you should include an 'Index' in your first post. Edit it and add the name of each Dua and its corresponding page number or when this thread becomes long a lot of good posts will be lost in the middle.

Abu_Tamim
03-04-2011, 07:47 PM
:salam:....its Bismika Allahuma amutu wa ahya or Allahuma bismika Amutu wa ahya...you missed Allahuma...you edit ur post and I'll delete this..

Both are right. I am following the version of Bukhari which I have quoted.
Wa laykum salam

Abu_Tamim
03-04-2011, 07:49 PM
@ Abu Tamim

Since you are the one to post first, Maybe you should include an 'Index' in your first post. Edit it and add the name of each Dua and its corresponding page number or when this thread becomes long a lot of good posts will be lost in the middle.

Wa alaykum salam.
I will, Inshallah.

Khali
03-04-2011, 08:01 PM

Though many things are not mentioned the following booklet is usefull:

Manner of Dua - http://tawheednyc.com/ibaadah/dua/mannersofdua.pdf

Abu_Tamim
04-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Dua' for settling debts:

1) Transliteration: Allaahummak-finee bihalaalika 'an haraamika wa 'aghninee bifadhlika 'amman siwaaka.

Translation: O Allah, suffice me with what You have allowed instead of what You have forbidden, and make me independent of all others besides You. (Tirmidhi 5/560)

2) Transliteration: Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika minal-hammi walhazani, wal'ajzi walkasali, walbukhli waljubni, wa dhala'id-dayni wa ghalabatir-rijaali.

Translation: O Allah, I seek refuge in You from grief and sadness, from weakness and from laziness, from miserliness and from cowardice, from being overcome by debt and from being overpowered by men (i.e. other people) (Sahih al Bukhari)

Student_Of_Knowledge
04-04-2011, 07:58 PM

Monday 4 April 2011 | 1 Jamadi'ul Awwal 1432 AH

Shaykh Arif-billah Dr Abdul-Hayy ‘Arifi rahmatullahi alayh would repeatedly say.
“Sit in solitude and contemplate that I am in front of Allah. Tell Him everything that is on your mind and bothering you. Your past mistakes, the present difficulties and future apprehensions. Tell Him in detail and ask for guidance and help. Insha’allah, in addition to relieving your anxiety it will lead to the creation of a bond between you and your Lord, Allah (i.e. ta’lluq ma’alllah).”

“Even when we do not see our prayers being answered, we should continue to ask Allah ta’aala for all our needs, because in the hereafter He will reward us for our unanswered prayers.
Upon receiving the great reward for unanswered du’as in Jannah, we will wish that none of our du’as had been accepted in the world.”Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat
The Following Duas :

Shifa
Protection from Black Magic
Supplication for Everlasting Protection for the Preserving of ones’ Material Possessions
Du’a for Payment of Debt and Freedom from Worries and Grief
Supplication for Protection on One’s Religion, Life, Offspring, Family and Wealth
Protection from all Calamities of the Earth and the Sky
To Remove Restlessness and Grief

A Strange Incident - Injury - Shifa

Hadhrat Muhammad Ibn K’ab (RA) narrates, that once a group of Sahabah were on their way to Rome when one of them fell from his horse and broke his leg. The Sahabah (RA) could not carry him, so they tied his horse and left some provisions for him and proceeded on with their journey. An unseen voice asked, “What happened?” He replied, “My thigh had broken and my companions have left me.” The voice instructed him to read:

فان تولو فقل حسبي الله لا اله الا هو عليه توكلت وهو رب العرش العظيم
while placing his hands on the affected area. He was immediately cured and very soon he joined his companions.

Protection from Black Magic

Recite the following three times:

فلما القو قال موسي ما جئتم به السحران الله سيبطله ال الله لا يصلح عمل المفسدين. و يحق الله الحق بكلماته و لو كره المجرمون
Transliteration: “Fa lamma alqaw qala musa ma ji’tum bihi as-sihru inna-llaha sayubtiluhu inna-llaha la yuslihu ‘amala-l-mufsideen. Wa yuhiqqu-l-haqqa bikalimaatihi walaw kariha-l-mujrimoon.”
(Surah Yunus; Ayah 81 and 82)

Supplication for Everlasting Protection for the Preserving of ones’ Material Possessions

اللهم اني اعوذبك من زوال نعمتك و تحول عافيتك وفجاءة نقمتك وجميع سخطك
Transliteration: “Allahumma inni a’oozubika min zawaali ni’matika wa tahawwuli aa’fiyatika wa fuja-ati niqmatika wa jamee’i sakhatika”
(Muslim; Mishkaat, pg. 217)

It has been narrated by Ibn Umar (RA) that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: “Oh Allah, I seek protection in You from the snatching of any of Your favors and the releasing of Your protection, and of sudden calamity, and of all forms of Your anger.”

Du’a for Payment of Debt and Freedom from Worries and Grief

اللهم اني اعوذبك من الهم والحزن و اعوذبك من العجز والكسل و اعوذبك من البخل والجبن و اعوذبك من غلبة الدين و قهر الرجال
Transliteration: “Allahumma inni a’oozubika min al-hammi wal-huzni wa a’oozubika min al-’ajzi wal-kasli wa a’oozubika min al-bukhli wal-jubni wa a’oozubika min ghalabati-deyni wa qahri ar-rijaal.”
Translation: “Oh Allah, I seek protection in You from all worries and grief, and I seek protection in You from helplessness and laziness, and I seek protection in You from *****rdliness and cowardice, and I seek protection in You from overpowering debt and from the high-handedness of men.”

(Mirqaat; Mishkaat, pg. 215)

It has been narrated by Hadhrat Abu Sa’eed Khudri (RA) that once a person asked, “Oh Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam), worries have surrounded me and I am troubled by an overpowering debt.” Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, “Should I not show you such a supplication through the reading of which your worries will be removed and your debts will be paid?” He replied, “Why not.” Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, “Recite this du’a [the above-mentioned one] in the morning and evening.”

Supplication for Protection on One’s Religion, Life, Offspring, Family and Wealth

بسم الله علي ديني و نفسي و ولدي و اهلي و مالي
Transliteration: “Bismillahi ‘ala deeni wa nafsi wa waladi wa ahli wa maali”

Translation: “May the Blessings of the name of Allah be on my religion, myself, my offspring, my family and my possessions.”
(Kanz ul Ummaal, Vol. 2, pg. 636)

Protection from all Calamities of the Earth and the Sky

بسم الله الذي لا يضر مع اسمه شيء في الارض ولا في السماء وهو السميع العليم
Trasliteration: “Bimillahi al-lazi la yadhurru ma’a ismihi shayun fil ardhi wa la fi as-sama-i wa huwa as-samee’ ul-’aleem.”

Translation: “By the name of Allah, nothing can harm with His name anything in the earth and the sky; and He is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.”

Hadhrat Abban Bin Uthman (RA) narrates from his father that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, “That any servant who recites [the above-mentioned du'a] three times in the morning and evening, nothing will harm him.”

To Remove Restlessness and Grief

يا حي يا قيوم برحمتك استغيث
Transliteration: “Ya hayyu ya qayyumu birahmatika astagheeth.”

Translation: “Oh Ever-Living and Ever-Sustaining! I beseech Thee for help through Your Mercy.”

Hadhrat Anas (RA) narrates that whenever Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) was gripped with any restlessness or sorrow, he would read what is mentioned above.

Student_Of_Knowledge
05-04-2011, 12:15 PM

Tuesday 5 April 2011 | 2 Jamadi'ul Awwal 1432 AH
MODS: Please Make This Thread Sticky

"One should never (feel or) say that Allah ta’ala does not accept to my supplications.
For Allah ta’ala himself says in the Qur’aan that he accepts the supplications of His Servants." Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat

“It is related in a hadeeth that whosoever makes dua to Allah in the last part of the night then Allah ta’ala will definitely accept his supplication.”Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat

Protection from Evil Destiny and Difficulties

قال رسول الله صلي الله عليه وسلم اعوذ بالله من جهد البلاء ودرك الشقاء وسوء القضاء وشماتة الاعداء
Transliteration: Qala Rasulullahi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam: A’oozu billahi min jahdi al-bala-i wa darki as-shaqaqi wa soo-il qada-i wa shamatat-il a’daa-i.

Translation: Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, “I seek refuge in Allah from severe calamities, and from the grips of ill-hope, and evil destiny, and from the taunting of the enemies. (Severe calamities means that a person desires death.)”

Means of Attaining the Love of Allah

On the authority of Hadhrat Abu Darda (RA), Nabi (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said that Hadhrat Dawud (Alayhis Salaam) used to make this du’a:

اللهم اني اسالك حبك و حب من يحبك والعمل الذي يبلغني حبك اللهم اجعل حبك احب الي من نفسي واهلي ومن الماء البارد
Transliteration: “Allahumma inni as-aluka hubbaka wa hubba mayyuhibbuka wa al-’amalu al-lazi yu-balliguni hubbaka, Allahumma aj-’al hubbaka ahabba ilayya min nafsi wa ahli wa min al-maa-il baaridi.”
Translation: “Oh Allah, I ask of Your love, and the love of that person who loves You and of those actions which attract Your love. Oh Allah, make Your love greater to me than the love of myself, my family and of cold water.”

Steadfastness on Deen

Hadhrat Shuhra Bin Jausab (RA) says, “I asked Umm-e-Salma (RA), ‘What was Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam)’s most often read/repeated du’a in his house?’” She replied that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) used to read:

يا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبي علي دينك
Transliteration: “Ya muqallibal quloob thabbit qalbi ‘ala deenik.”

Translation: “Oh Controller of hearts! Make my heart firm on Your Deen.”
(Jawaahir ul Bukhari, pg. 571)

One who continuously makes this du’a will remain steadfast on the Deen, with the result that he will die with Imaan.

Du’a for the Protection of Punishment in the Grave, Fire of Hell, and from the Evil of Wealth and Poverty

اللهم اني اعوذبك من فتنة القبر وعذاب النار ومن شر الغني والفقر
Transliteration: “Allahumma inni a’oozubika min fitnatil qabri wa ‘azaab-in naari wa min sharri al-ginaa wa al-faqar”

Translation: “Oh Allah, I seek protection in You from the trials of the grave, punishment of Jahannum and evil of wealth and poverty.”
(Abu Dawud, Tirmizi)

Hadhrat Ayesha (RA) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) used to make this du’a in abundance.

Khali
05-04-2011, 03:46 PM

Essential Duas In The Life Of A Muslim
http://www.minsid.com/Articles/pdfs/Essential_Duas.pdf

amr123
05-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Dua for patience

Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4bM6NwA3xU

http://i56.tinypic.com/359wgap.jpg

Abu_Tamim
06-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Dua' for putting on clothes:

Transliteration: Alhamdu lillaahil-ladhee kasaanee haadhaa (aththawba) wa razaqaneehi min ghayri hawlim-minnee wa laa quwwatin.

Praise is to Allah Who has clothed me with this (garment) and provided it for me, though I was powerless myself and incapable.

Al-Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, Tirmidhi.

blackflagsarfaraz
06-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Salaams

Alhumdulillah I read these duas straight after Fajar and after Isha. They were given to me by a TJ elder.

They are duas for protection, hamd and thanks and invoking blessings

pdf document:

http://dc304.4shared.com/img/beOgmF6Q/0.4879093196405635/duas.pdf (http://www.4shared.com/document/beOgmF6Q/duas.html)

Abu_Tamim
06-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Dua' when you feel pain in a part of your body:

Bismillaah(Put your hand on the place where you feel pain)

Then say:

Transliteration: 'A'oothu billaahi wa qudratihi min sharri maa 'ajidu wa 'uhaathiru.

Translation: I seek refuge in Allah and in His Power from the evil of what I find and of what I guard

against.

Sahih Muslim.

Abu_Tamim
07-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Dua' for drinking milk:

Transliteration: Allahumma barik lana Fihi wazidna minhu

Translation: O Allah, grant us blessing in it and grant us more of it. (Sunan Tirmidhi)

Abu_Tamim
08-04-2011, 06:37 AM
Dua' for visiting the sick:

Transliteration: 'As'alullaahal-Adheema Rabbal-'Arshil-'Adheemi 'an yashfiyaka.

I ask Almighty Allah, Lord of the Magnificent Throne, to make you well. (Recite seven times in Arabic.)

Sunan Tirmidhi and Sunan Abu Dawud.

Abu_Tamim
09-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Dua' against an enemy:

Transliteration: Allaahumma munzilal-kitaabi, sareeal-hisaabi, ihzimil-'ahzaaba, Allaahumma ihzimhum wa zalzilhum.

Translation: O Allah, Revealer of the Book, Swift to account, defeat the groups (of disbelievers). O Allah, defeat them and shake them. (Sahih Muslim)

Abu_Uzair
09-04-2011, 06:49 AM
Dua' when you feel pain in a part of your body:

Bismillaah(Put your hand on the place where you feel pain)

Then say:

Transliteration: 'A'oothu billaahi wa qudratihi min sharri maa 'ajidu wa 'uhaathiru.

Translation: I seek refuge in Allah and in His Power from the evil of what I find and of what I guard

against.

Sahih Muslim.

mashallah now u r not only doctor,but hakim also........................

Abu_Tamim
09-04-2011, 06:58 AM
mashallah now u r not only doctor,but hakim also........................

did you not get my sms yesterday maulana? is your coming on the 15th confirmed?

Abu_Tamim
10-04-2011, 04:37 AM
Dua' for controlling anger:

Transliteration: A'oodhu billah himinasshaitan nir rajim.

Translation: I seek refuge with Allah from Satan, the accursed.

Bukhari and Muslim.

Abu_Tamim
10-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Kaffaratul Majlis: Dua' for expiation of a Majlis

Transliteration: Subhaanaka Allaahumma wa bihamdika, 'ash-hadu 'an laa 'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta, 'astaghfiruka wa 'atoobu 'ilayka.

Translation: Glory is to You, O Allah, and praise is to You. I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but You. I seek Your forgiveness and repent to You.

The 4 Sunans & Musnad Ahmad.

Abu_Tamim
12-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Dua' for when one is surprised or startled:

:subh:

Transliteration: Subhanallah.

Translation: Glory be to Allah.

Sahih al Bukhari.

Abu_Tamim
13-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Dua' of entering the Masjid and leaving it:

When entering the Masjid, one should recite the following Du'a:

اللهم افتح لى ابواب رحمتك

Transliteration: Allaahum-maf-Tahlee Abwaaba Rahmatika.

Meaning: O Allaah, open the doors of Your Mercy for me.

When leaving the Masjid, one should recite the following Du'aa:

اللهم انى اسالك من فضلك

Transliteration: Allaahum-ma In-nee As`aluka Min Fadhlika.

Meaning: O Allaah, I seek of You Your Grace.

Fatimah (RA) reported that when Allah’s Messenger :saw: entered the Masjid, he invoked blessings and peace upon Muhammad (himself) and then said: “My Lord, forgive my sins and open unto me the gates of Your Mercy.” And as he went out of the Masjid, he would supplicate for blessings and peace upon Muhammad (himself) and say: “My Lord, forgive my sins and open unto me the doors of Your Bounty.” (Muslim)

amr123
15-04-2011, 03:13 AM
Means of Attaining the Love of Allah

On the authority of Hadhrat Abu Darda (RA), Nabi (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said that Hadhrat Dawud (Alayhis Salaam) used to make this du’a:

اللهم اني اسالك حبك و حب من يحبك والعمل الذي يبلغني حبك اللهم اجعل حبك احب الي من نفسي واهلي ومن الماء البارد
Transliteration: “Allahumma inni as-aluka hubbaka wa hubba mayyuhibbuka wa al-’amalu al-lazi yu-balliguni hubbaka, Allahumma aj-’al hubbaka ahabba ilayya min nafsi wa ahli wa min al-maa-il baaridi.”
Translation: “Oh Allah, I ask of Your love, and the love of that person who loves You and of those actions which attract Your love. Oh Allah, make Your love greater to me than the love of myself, my family and of cold water.”

:jazak: for this Dua.

Khali
16-04-2011, 01:45 AM
'Abdurahman ibn Ghanim reported that the Messenger of Allah said, "Whoever says, 'There is no god but Allah, the One. There is no partner with Him. His is the dominon and His is the praise. In his hand is all the good. He gives life and death, and He has power over all things,' ten times after the sunrise and dawn prayer, before turning away and lifting his leg, will have written for him for each repetition ten good deeds, and will have erased for him ten evil deeds. He will also be raised ten degress, will be protected from every plot, and he will be protected from the outcast Satan. No sin will lead to his destruction except idolatry, and he will be the person with the best deeds, surpassed only by the one who does more and says more than what he has said." This is related by Ahmad and at-Tirmizhi, but without "In His hand is all the good."

amr123
16-04-2011, 03:23 AM
'Abdurahman ibn Ghanim reported that the Messenger of Allah said, "Whoever says, 'There is no god but Allah, the One. There is no partner with Him. His is the dominon and His is the praise. In his hand is all the good. He gives life and death, and He has power over all things,' ten times after the sunrise and dawn prayer, before turning away and lifting his leg, will have written for him for each repetition ten good deeds, and will have erased for him ten evil deeds. He will also be raised ten degress, will be protected from every plot, and he will be protected from the outcast Satan. No sin will lead to his destruction except idolatry, and he will be the person with the best deeds, surpassed only by the one who does more and says more than what he has said." This is related by Ahmad and at-Tirmizhi, but without "In His hand is all the good."

Anybody have the arabic of this dua?

sudoku
16-04-2011, 04:23 AM

Here is transliteration. It's also should be read when you go to markets, malls etc.

La Ilaaha IllAllahu Wahdahu la Shareeka lahu, Lahul Mulku wa Lahul Hamd, Yuhyee wa Yumeet, Bi Yadihil Khayr, Wa Huwa 'Alaa Kulli Shay'in Qadeer

amr123
16-04-2011, 06:05 AM

Here is transliteration. It's also should be read when you go to markets, malls etc.
La Ilaaha IllAllahu Wahdahu la Shareeka lahu, Lahul Mulku wa Lahul Hamd, Yuhyee wa Yumeet, Bi Yadihil Khayr, Wa Huwa 'Alaa Kulli Shay'in Qadeer

True Life
17-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Du'a after Drinking Water

أَلْحَمْدُ لِلّهِ الّذِى سَقَانَا عَذْباً فُرَاتاً بِرَحْمَتِهِ وَ لَمْ يَجْعَلْهُ مِلْحاً أُجَاجاً بِذُنُوبِنَا [To be read only after drinking water and not other liquid]

Trannsliteration: Alhamdulillahil ladhi saqaana adhban furaatam bi rahmatihi wa lam yaj’alhu milhan ujaajam bidhunoobina.

Translation: All praise is due to Allah, who out of His mercy has granted us sweet and pleasant water to drink and did not make it bitter and salty due to our sins.

Hadith: [to be added insha'Allah]

Source: Ruhul Ma'ani

amr123
17-04-2011, 04:04 PM
صلى الله على محمد وال محمد اللهم اني أسألك يا مدخر الخير وفاعله والآمر به ذكرني ما انسانيه الشيطان

SallAllahu 'ala Muhammad wa 'aali Muhammad. Allahumma inni as'aluka ya Mudhakkiral khayr wa faa'ilahu wal-aamimira bihi dhakirni ma ansaanihi-shaytan
Blessings of Allah be upon Muhammad and his progeny. O Allah! I ask You, The One who mentions goodness and actualizes it and commands it, Remind me of that which the shaytan makes me forget

Is it amira or amimira? I see only one 'meem' in the arabic script. Can anyone confirm.
Also can anyone post this dua with Damm kasr etc.

Abu_Tamim
18-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Dua' against Dajjal:

Transliteration: Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika min 'athaabil-qabri, wa min 'athaabi jahannama, wa min fitnatil-mahyaa wal mamaati, wa min sharri fitnatil-maseehid-dajjaal.

Translation: O Allah, I seek refuge in You from the punishment of the grave, and from the punishment of Hell-fire, and from the trials of life and death, and from the evil of the trial of the False Messiah.

Sahih Muslim.

Maripat
18-04-2011, 08:08 AM

Got it printed and bound. In 29cm by 21 cm this is my broadest book of duas. Work by South African scholars leaves me spell bound.

amr123
18-04-2011, 10:05 AM

JazakAllahu Khairan. Very good book.

Khali
18-04-2011, 05:23 PM

One correction, in the wording in the hadith i quoted it is like:

Laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, biyadihil-khayru, yuhyee wa yumeetu, wa Huwa 'alaa kulli shay'in Qadeer.

The duaa for entering market is this:

Invocation for entering a market

209. Laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, yuhyee wa yumeetu, wa Huwa hayyun laa yamootu, biyadihil-khayru, wa Huwa 'alaa kulli shay'in Qadeer.

None has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone, Who has no partner. His is the dominion and His is the praise. He brings life and He causes death, and He is living and does not die. In His Hand is all good, and He is Able to do all things.

Reference: At-Tirmithi 5/291, and Al-Hakim 1/538. Al-Albani graded it good in Sahih Ibn Majah 2/21 and Sahih At-Tirmithi 3/152.

Khali
18-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Dua' against Dajjal:

Transliteration: Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika min 'athaabil-qabri, wa min 'athaabi jahannama, wa min fitnatil-mahyaa wal mamaati, wa min sharri fitnatil-maseehid-dajjaal.

Translation: O Allah, I seek refuge in You from the punishment of the grave, and from the punishment of Hell-fire, and from the trials of life and death, and from the evil of the trial of the False Messiah.

Sahih Muslim.

A sidenote to this dua:

This dua should specifically read (in fact one should not neglet this duaa as some scholars believe it is obligatory) after the durood in the last tashahhud. After this duaa one may read other duaas.

Khali
18-04-2011, 06:21 PM

JazakAllahu Khairan. Very good book.

Good book, though i have found something where no source is mentioned. On page 57 of the PDF it says instead to read the duaa of istikhaarah a other short duaa 11 times.

Is there any source for this ?

Abu_Tamim
19-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Dua' when slaughtering an animal:
Transliteration: Bismillaahi wallaahu 'Akbar [Allaahumma minka wa laka] Allaahumma taqabbal minnee.
Translation: With the Name of Allah, Allah is the Most Great! [O Allah, from You and to You] O Allah, accept it from me.
Sahih Muslim.

Khali
19-04-2011, 11:43 PM
Got it printed and bound. In 29cm by 21 cm this is my broadest book of duas. Work by South African scholars leaves me spell bound.

Another very good book:

Authentic Supplications of the Prophet :saw:

http://www.qss.org/archives/asop/tc.html

PDF for download click here:

http://www.ziyouz.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=57&func=download&id=94&chk=aa88055d0907dd8d8300e5da51c12879

amr123
20-04-2011, 04:12 AM
Remedies from the Holy Quran:

http://www.ustadh.com/downloads/RemediesFromTheHolyQuran.pdf

Duas from the Quran, very nice book.

Student_Of_Knowledge
24-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Sunday 24 April 2011 | 20 Jamadi'ul Awwal 1432 AH

Dua For Bride And Groom After The Nikah

"Barak Allah hu laka wa baa rak Allah hu alaika wa jama'aa bainakuma fi khair"
"Allah bless you and shower HIS blessings on you and place goodness between both of you

Abu_Tamim
27-04-2011, 07:30 AM
Dua' for Allah's protection for children:

'Weethukumaa bikalimaatil-laahit-taammati min kulli shaytaanin wa haammatin, wa min kulli 'aynin laammatin.

I seek protection for you in the Perfect Words of Allah from every devil and every beast, and from every envious blameworthy eye.

Al-Bukhari.

mercyofAllah
27-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Dua' for Allah's protection for children:

'Weethukumaa bikalimaatil-laahit-taammati min kulli shaytaanin wa haammatin, wa min kulli 'aynin laammatin.

I seek protection for you in the Perfect Words of Allah from every devil and every beast, and from every envious blameworthy eye.

Al-Bukhari.

Bismillahi
Can anyone kindly check the transliteration for so far I have read like this?
A‘oodhu bi kalimaatillaahit-taammati min kulli shaytaanin wa haammatin wa min kulli ‘aynin laammah. Sahih Al-Bukhari, vol. 4, pp. 385-386, no. 590

Weethukumaa I see here
http://www.digitaldua.com/index.php/daily-duasa/183-how-to-seek-allahs-protection-for-children
and the arabic part sounds there different. Allahu alam.
Kindly do clarify.
Wassalam

Abu_Tamim
01-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Bismillahi
Can anyone kindly check the transliteration for so far I have read like this?
A‘oodhu bi kalimaatillaahit-taammati min kulli shaytaanin wa haammatin wa min kulli ‘aynin laammah. Sahih Al-Bukhari, vol. 4, pp. 385-386, no. 590

Weethukumaa I see here
http://www.digitaldua.com/index.php/daily-duasa/183-how-to-seek-allahs-protection-for-children
and the arabic part sounds there different. Allahu alam.
Kindly do clarify.
Wassalam

Perhaps it should be U'ee/Oo'eedhukumaa......?

Abu_Tamim
01-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Dua' for entering the toilet:

Transliteration: Bismillahi allahumma inni aoozobika minal khubuthii wal khaba-ith.

Translation: In the name of Allah. O Allah! I seek refuge in Thee from the foul male and female devils.

Bukhari.

Student_Of_Knowledge
17-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Tuesday 17 May 2011 | 14 Jamadi'ul Akhir 1432 AH

Du`aa' Before Studying

.اللَّهُمَّ انْفَعْنِي بِمَا عَلَّمْـتَنِي وَ عَلِّمْنِي مَا يَنْفَعُنِي
Allâhumma infa‘nî bimâ ‘allamtanî wa ‘allimnî ma yanfa‘unî.
{Oh Allah! Make useful for me what You taught me and teach me knowledge that will be useful to me.}
__________________________________________________ ________________

.اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ فَهْمَ النَّ بِيِّينَ وَ حِفْظَ الْمُرْسَلِينَ الْمُقَرَّبِينَ
Allâhumma innî as’aluka fahm an-nabiyyîna wa hifdh al-mursalîn al-muqarrabîn.

{Oh Allah! I ask You for the understanding of the prophets and the memory of the messengers, and those nearest to You.}

.اللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْ لِسَانِي عَامِرًا بِذِكْرِكَ وَ قَلْبِي بِخَشْيَتِكَ

Allâhumma ij‘al lisânî ‘âmiram bi-dhikrika wa qalbî bi-khashyatika.

{Oh Allah! Make my tongue full of Your remembrance, and my heart with consciousness of You.}

َ.إِنَّكَ عَلَى مَا تَشَاءُ قَدِيرٌ وَ أَنْتَ حَسْـبُنَا اللَّهُ وَ نِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ

Innaka ‘alâ mâ tashâ’u qadîr wa anta hasbuna Llâhu wa ni‘m al-wakîl

{Oh Allah! You do whatever You wish, and You are my Availer and Protector and the best of aid. }
__________________________________________________ ____________________
Du`aa' After Studying

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْتَوْدِعُكَ مَا قَرَأْتُ وَ مَا حَفِظْتُ فَرُدَّهُ عَلَىَّ عِنْدَ حَاجَتِي إِلَيْهِ إِنَّكَ عَلَى مَا تَشَاءُ قَدِيرٌ وَ أَنْتَ حَسْبِىَ و نِعْمَ الْوَكِيل

Allâhumma innî astawdi‘uka mâ qara’tu wa mâ hafidhtu. Faruddahu ‘alayya ‘inda hâjati ilayhi.

Innaka ‘alâ mâ tashâ’u qadîr wa anta hasbiya wa ni‘m al-wakîl.

{ Oh Allah! I entrust You with what I have read and I have studied. (Oh Allah!) Bring it back to me when I am in need of it. (Oh Allah!) You do whatever You wish, and You are my Availer and Protector and the best of aid. }
Du`aa' While Studying Something Difficult

. َاللَّهُمَّ لاَ سَهْلَ إِلاَّ مَا جَعَلْتَهُ سَهْلاً وَ أَنْتَ تَجْعَلُ الْحَزَنَ إِذَا شِئْتَ سَهْلاً

Allâhumma lâ sahla illâ mâ ja‘altahu sahlâ wa anta taj‘alu al-hazana idhâ shi’ta sahlâ.

{Oh Allah! Nothing is easy except what You have made easy. If You wish, You can make the difficult easy.}
Du`aa' for Anxiety

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْهَمِّ وَ الْحَزَنِ وَ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ العَجْزِ وَ الْكَسَلِ وَ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْجُبْنِ وَ الْبُخْلِ وَ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ غَلَبَةِ الدَّيْنِ و قَهْرِ الرجال

Allâhumma innî a‘űdhu bika min al-hammi wa al-hazan. Wa a‘űdhu bika min al-‘ajzi wa al-kasal.

Wa a‘űdhu bika min al-jubni wa al-bukhl. Wa a‘űdhu bika min ghalabat id-dayni wa qahr ir-rijal.

{Oh Allah, I seek refuge in You from worry and grief, from helplessness and laziness, from cowardice and stinginess, and from overpowering of debt and from oppression of men.}

Courtesy Of: http://www.aumsa.co.uk/Duaas%20for%20Studying%20and%20Exam%20Time.html

Maripat
17-05-2011, 04:48 AM
Tuesday 17 May 2011 | 14 Jamadi'ul Akhir 1432 AH

Du`aa' Before Studying

.اللَّهُمَّ انْفَعْنِي بِمَا عَلَّمْـتَنِي وَ عَلِّمْنِي مَا يَنْفَعُنِي
Allâhumma infa‘nî bimâ ‘allamtanî wa ‘allimnî ma yanfa‘unî.
{Oh Allah! Make useful for me what You taught me and teach me knowledge that will be useful to me.}

.اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ فَهْمَ النَّ بِيِّينَ وَ حِفْظَ الْمُرْسَلِينَ الْمُقَرَّبِينَ
Allâhumma innî as’aluka fahm an-nabiyyîna wa hifdh al-mursalîn al-muqarrabîn.

{Oh Allah! I ask You for the understanding of the prophets and the memory of the messengers, and those nearest to You.}

.اللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْ لِسَانِي عَامِرًا بِذِكْرِكَ وَ قَلْبِي بِخَشْيَتِكَ

Allâhumma ij‘al lisânî ‘âmiram bi-dhikrika wa qalbî bi-khashyatika.

{Oh Allah! Make my tongue full of Your remembrance, and my heart with consciousness of You.}

َ.إِنَّكَ عَلَى مَا تَشَاءُ قَدِيرٌ وَ أَنْتَ حَسْـبُنَا اللَّهُ وَ نِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ

Innaka ‘alâ mâ tashâ’u qadîr wa anta hasbuna Llâhu wa ni‘m al-wakîl

{Oh Allah! You do whatever You wish, and You are my Availer and Protector and the best of aid. }
Du`aa' After Studying

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْتَوْدِعُكَ مَا قَرَأْتُ وَ مَا حَفِظْتُ فَرُدَّهُ عَلَىَّ عِنْدَ حَاجَتِي إِلَيْهِ إِنَّكَ عَلَى مَا تَشَاءُ قَدِيرٌ وَ أَنْتَ حَسْبِىَ و نِعْمَ الْوَكِيل

Allâhumma innî astawdi‘uka mâ qara’tu wa mâ hafidhtu. Faruddahu ‘alayya ‘inda hâjati ilayhi.

Innaka ‘alâ mâ tashâ’u qadîr wa anta hasbiya wa ni‘m al-wakîl.

{ Oh Allah! I entrust You with what I have read and I have studied. (Oh Allah!) Bring it back to me when I am in need of it. (Oh Allah!) You do whatever You wish, and You are my Availer and Protector and the best of aid. }
Du`aa' While Studying Something Difficult

. َاللَّهُمَّ لاَ سَهْلَ إِلاَّ مَا جَعَلْتَهُ سَهْلاً وَ أَنْتَ تَجْعَلُ الْحَزَنَ إِذَا شِئْتَ سَهْلاً

Allâhumma lâ sahla illâ mâ ja‘altahu sahlâ wa anta taj‘alu al-hazana idhâ shi’ta sahlâ.

{Oh Allah! Nothing is easy except what You have made easy. If You wish, You can make the difficult easy.}
Du`aa' for Anxiety

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْهَمِّ وَ الْحَزَنِ وَ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ العَجْزِ وَ الْكَسَلِ وَ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْجُبْنِ وَ الْبُخْلِ وَ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ غَلَبَةِ الدَّيْنِ و قَهْرِ الرجال

Allâhumma innî a‘űdhu bika min al-hammi wa al-hazan. Wa a‘űdhu bika min al-‘ajzi wa al-kasal.

Wa a‘űdhu bika min al-jubni wa al-bukhl. Wa a‘űdhu bika min ghalabat id-dayni wa qahr ir-rijal.

{Oh Allah, I seek refuge in You from worry and grief, from helplessness and laziness, from cowardice and stinginess, and from overpowering of debt and from oppression of men.}

Courtesy Of: http://www.aumsa.co.uk/Duaas%20for%20Studying%20and%20Exam%20Time.html

Can somebody create a PDF of this in a good format?

amr123
17-05-2011, 09:11 AM
I ve attached the pdf.
Let me know if you ve problem dowloading.

amr123
20-07-2011, 08:00 PM
:bism:

An Act to die as a Martyr. :insh:

Ma'qal ibn Yasser (radiAllahu anhu) reports the the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) as saying;

"he who recited the last three verses of surah al-Hashr in the morning after saying; “A’oodhu Billaah is-samee’ il-‘aleemi min as-Shaytaan ir-rajeem ” three times (I seek refuge with Allaah, the All-Hearing, All-Knowing, from the accursed Shaytaan) for him Allah will appoint seventy-thousand angels to beseech mercy for him until the evening, and if he dies the same day he will be given the status of a martyr, and if he recites the verses in the evening the same will be done for him till morning"

[at-Tirmidhi, Darmi]

أَعُوذُ بِاللَّهِ السَّمِيعِ الْعَلِيمِ مِنْ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ
http://c0022506.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/59_22.png
http://c0022506.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/59_23.png
http://c0022506.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/59_24.png

He is Allah, than Whom there is La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He) the All-Knower of the unseen and the seen (open). He is the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful. (59:22)

He is Allah than Whom there is La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He) the King, the Holy, the One Free from all defects, the Giver of security, the Watcher over His creatures, the All-Mighty, the Compeller, the Supreme. Glory be to Allah! (High is He) above all that they associate as partners with Him. (59:23)

He is Allah, the Creator, the Inventor of all things, the Bestower of forms. To Him belong the Best Names . All that is in the heavens and the earth glorify Him. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise. (59:24)

AbuFatimah
20-07-2011, 08:16 PM
do hanafis agree with hisnul muslim or is there a hanafi version?

True Life
20-07-2011, 08:18 PM

do hanafis agree with hisnul muslim or is there a hanafi version?Hanafis agree with Hisnul Muslim, but I think there are a few minor errors in the wording of certain supplications. You can search on SF for more on that...

abulayl
20-07-2011, 08:18 PM
do hanafis agree with hisnul muslim or is there a hanafi version?:salam:
Isnt Hisnul muslim a dua related book and not fiqh? In sub continent, there is a popular one which is known as "Hisne Hasin". There are some other books present too about duat.

Khali
05-08-2011, 08:26 PM

The Du’a at the Approach of Ramadan, is it from a authentic hadith ?

Student_Of_Knowledge
06-08-2011, 03:36 AM
Dua to be Recited at the Approach of Ramadhaan

Hadhrat Ubaadah bin Saamit (Radi Allahu Anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) used to teach the Sahaabah (Radi Allahu Anhum) the following Dua at the approach of the Month of Ramadhaan:

اَللَّهُمَّ سَلِّمْنِيْ لِرَمَضَانَ وَسَلِّمْ رَمَضَانَ لِيْ وَسَلِّمْهُ لِيْ مُتَقَبَّلاً

Allahumma Sallimnee Liramadaana Wa Sallim Ramadaana Lee Wa Sallimhu Mutaqabbala

“O Allah! Safeguard me for the Month of Ramadhaan (by making me see the Month of Ramadhaan healthy and fit so that I can take maximum benefit from it), and safeguard the Month of Ramadhaan for me (by making the conditions in it such that I can take maximum benefit from it) and accept it from me.”

(Kanz-ul-ummal, Vol.8, Pg. 584 Hadith 24277)

http://www.xploreislam.com/posters/masjid/Approach%20to%20Ramadhaan%20Duaa%20v2.jpg

Student_Of_Knowledge
06-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Dua For Starting Fast

Wa Bisowmi Gadin Nawaytoo Min Shahre Ramadhan
وَبِصَوْمِ غَدٍ نَّوَيْتَ مِنْ شَهْرِ رَمَضَانَ
I intend to keep the fast for tomorrow in the month of Ramadan
[Abu Dawud]

Dua When The Weather Is Hot - On An Hot Day : If One Recites:

LA ILAHA ILLALLAHU, MA ASHADDA HARRA HADHAL YAWM,
ALLAHUMA AJIRNI MIN HARRI JAHANNAM

There Is No Deity Except Allah. How Hot Is This Day!
O Allah, Protect Me From The Heat Of Jahnnam

Allah, The Mighty, The Exalted, Says To Jahannam, " Indeed, One Of My Servants Has Asked Me For Protection From The Heat. Bear Witness That I Have Protected Him. " (Amal Al Yawm wal-laylah)

Dua When The Weather Is Cold - The following duaa should be recited on cold days:

لا ِاله ِالا الله ُمَا أشَدَّ بَرْدَ هذا الْيَوْمْ ، اَللّهُمَّ أجِرْنِيْ مِنْ زَمْهَريْرِجَهَنَّمْ.

( رواه ابن السني - 307 - )

Laa ilaaha illallahu ma ashadda barda hazhal yawm , allahumma ajirni min zamhareeri jahannam.

Trans. "There is no deity but Allah, How severe is the cold of today!

O Allah! Protect me from the severe cold of Jahannam"

Rasulullah I is reported to have said: " When a person recites this supplication, Almighty Allah says to Jahannam : "Verily a servant of mine has sought refuge in me from you, bear testimony that I have granted him salvation from you"

To recite this du'a at the time of breaking the fast :-

Allahumma laka sumtu wa bika aamantu wa ala rizqika aftartu

O Allah! I fasted for You and in You do I believe and with Your provision (food) do I break my fast.

Click The Following Links:

Beautiful Sunnats Of The Beloved Nabi | Online Book | 37 Pages | Free Download |FREE!
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?75069-Beautiful-Sunnats-Of-The-Beloved-Nabi-Online-Book-37-Pages-Free-Download-FREE!&highlight=

Respect For The Sacred Cities:
http://www.alhuda-academy.org.uk/Leaflet3.pdf

How To Perform Umrah Book
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?74323-40-Pages-How-To-Perform-Umrah-BOOK-By-Islamic-Dawah-Academy.www.idauk.org-Leicester&highlight=

How To Perform Hajj Book
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?38671-40-Pages-How-To-Perform-Hajj-BOOK-By-Islamic-Dawah-Academy.-www.idauk.org.-Leicester&highlight=

IneedAllah
06-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Isnt Hisnul muslim a dua related book and not fiqh? In sub continent, there is a popular one which is known as "Hisne Hasin". There are some other books present too about duat.
I've heard that the book "Hisne Hasin" contains shirk. Don't think I'm crazy but this is what I heard. Something about the when you open the left-handside of the book , first page there are 4 names and those are the names of the shayateen. again as I said that's what I had. Or maybe it's another book I am getting mixed up with. But it has similar book name.

IneedAllah
06-08-2011, 07:21 PM
I've heard that the book "Hisne Hasin" contains shirk. Don't think I'm crazy but this is what I heard. Something about when you open the left-handside of the book , first page there are 4 names and those are the names of the shayateen. again as I said that's what I had. Or maybe it's another book I am getting mixed up with. But it has similar book name.

Student_Of_Knowledge
07-08-2011, 03:44 AM
To Recite After Fajr:
Subhannalahi Wa Bi Hamdihi Adada Qalqihi Wa Ridha Nafsihi Wa Midada Kalimatihi 4 Times
This is equivalent to being engaged in the worship of Allah for a few hours.

Astagfirullaha Rabi Min Kuli Dhambi Wa Atooboo Ilayh 5 Times
The Prophet SAW said that the one who recites the istighfaar five times after fajr and Asr salah, Allah would forgive his sins even if they were equivalent to the form of the ocean

Allahuma Ajirnee Minan Naar
This Will Secure Your Protection From The Fire Of Hell. Similarly If You Recite It After Fajr, And If You Pass Away That Day, You Will Be Given Salvation From The Fire OF Hell - Sunnan Abu Dawud 7 Times

Aaoodho Billah Hi Minashaytan Nirajeem
Bismillah Hir-Rahman Nir-Raheem
A'udhu Bi-Kalimatillahi't Tammati Min Sharri Ma Khalaq Once And Then Blow On Palm And Rub Over Body
A Sahabi once came The Prophet Muhammad SAW and told him that a snake had bitten him the night before.The Prophet SAW told him that had he recited the above dua he would have been saved for harm.

To Recite After Zuhr:
Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel 40 Times.
The Prophet SAW used to recite the above dua when overcome with hardships, difficulties or anxiety. He Said that the one who resorts to its recital would gain security from his fears. TIRMIDHI

To Recite After Asr:
Astagfirullaha Rabi Min Kuli Dhambi Wa Atooboo Ilayh 5 Times

To Recite After Maghrib:
Subhannalahi Wa Bi Hamdihi Adada Qalqihi Wa Ridha Nafsihi Wa Midada Kalimatihi 4 Times
Allahuma Ajirnee Minan Naar 7 Times
Aaoodho Billah Hi Minashaytan Nirajeem
Bismillah Hir-Rahman Nir-Raheem
A'udhu Bi-Kalimatillahi't Tammati Min Sharri Ma Khalaq Once And Then Blow On Palm And Rub Over Body[/SIZE]

To Recite The Three Quls After Every Fardh Salaat
The Recitation Of Reading Each Surah Thrice Is Equivalent To 1/3 Of The Quran

Student_Of_Knowledge
08-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Protection from the Evil of All Creations (Recite thrice)

It is reported from Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Khubaib that once on a dark rainy night, we went out in search of Rasulullah (sallellaho alaihe wasallam), and we found him. Rasulullah (sallellaho alaihe wasallam) said, “Say” I enquired, “What should I say?” He said, “Read…

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ
قُلْ هُوَ اللهﹸ أَحَدٌ ○اَللهﹸ الصَّمَدُ ○ لَمْ يَلِدْ وَ لَمْ يُولَدْ ○ وَ لَمْ يَكُنْ لَّه كُفُوًا أَحَدٌ ○

قُلْ أَعُوْذُ بِرَبِّ الْفَلَقِ ○مِنْ شَرِّ مَا خَلَقَ○ وَمِنْ شَرِّ غَاسِقٍ إِذَا وَقَبَ ○وَمِنْ شَرِّ النَّفّٰثٰتِ فِي الْعُقَدِ ○وَمِنْ شَرِّ حَاسِدٍ إِذَا حَسَدَ ○

قُلْ أَعُوْذُ بِرَبِّ النَّاسِ ○مَلِكِ النَّاسِ ○إِلٰهِ النَّاسِ ○مِنْ شَرِّ الْوَسْوَاسِ الْخَنَّاسِ○الَّذِيْ يُوَسْوِسُ فِي صُدُوْرِ النَّاسِ○مِنَ الْجِنَّةِ وَالنَّاسِ

thrice every morning and evening, it will suffice (as protection) from everything.” (Mishkaat p.188)

Surah Ikhlaas

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
Say He is Allah, the Only One,
Allah, the Independent (whom all creatures need),
He begets not, nor is He begotten.
And there is none like unto Him!

Surah Al-Falaq

Say: I seek refuge with the Sustainer of daybreak
From the evil of what He has created,
From the evil of the darkness as it overspreads,
From the mischief of thosewho blow on knots (by practicing black magic),
And from the mischief of the jealous one as he practices envy.

Surah An Naas

Say: I seek refuge with the Sustainer (Lord and Cherisher of Mankind),
The King (or Ruler) of Mankind,
The Ilaah (God) of Mankind,
From the mischief of the Whisperer (of evil), who withdraws (after his whisper),
Who whisper into the hearts of mankind,
Among jinns and among men.

Note:Mullah Ali Qari (rahmatullah alaihe) has quoted Allamah Tibi (rahmatullah alaihe) in his Mirqaat (vol. 4 p.370), that the meaning of Hadith
تكفيك من كل شي
is
ای تكفيك من كل شر او من كل ورد

that these three surahs are sufficient for the protection from all evil, and if the reader does not read any other wazifah besides this, it would suffice him.
Commentary:
Today, many Muslims have problems. Some say black magic(jadoo) has been done on them, their families or on their businesses. If we read this simple wazifah, Allah Ta'ala will save us from all calamities.

Student_Of_Knowledge
08-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Dua for Increasing the Gardens of Jannah (Seven times)

Hazrat Abu Hurairah (radhiallaho anho) narrates that Rasulullah (sallellaho alaihe wasallam) said: “Read

لَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ اِلَّا بِالله
frequently, as this is from the treasures of Jannah.

Hazrat Ibrahim (alaihis salaam) told Rasulullah (sallellaho alaihe wasallam) on the night of Mi’raj to tell the Ummah that they must increase their gardens of Jannah by reciting the above. (Mirqaat, vol.5)

Student_Of_Knowledge
17-08-2011, 05:09 PM

Student_Of_Knowledge
18-08-2011, 04:55 AM

Student_Of_Knowledge
18-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Du'aa at the time of Iftaar

تفسير ابن كثير - (1 / 509)
كما رواه الإمام أبو داود الطيالسي في مسنده:حدثنا أبو محمد المليكي، عن عمرو -هو ابن شعيب بن محمد بن عبد الله بن عمرو، عن أبيه، عن جده عبد الله بن عمرو، قال: سمعت رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم يقول: "للصائم عند إفطاره دعوة مستجابة". فكان عبد الله بن عمرو إذ أفطر دعا أهله، وولده ودعا
وقال أبو عبد الله محمد بن يزيد بن ماجة في سننه: حدثنا هشام بن عمار، أخبرنا الوليد بن مسلم، عن إسحاق بن عبيد الله المدني، عن عبد الله بن أبي مليكة، عن عبد الله بن عمرو، قال: قال النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم: "إن للصائم عند فطره دعوة ما ترد".. قال عبد الله بن أبي مليكة: سمعت عبد الله بن عمرو يقول إذا أفطر: اللهم إني أسألك برحمتك التي وسعت كل شيء أن تغفر لي

Sayyidunā `Abdullāh ibn `Amr (Radiyallāhu Ta’ālā `anhu) narrates that I heard Nabi (Sallallāhu `alayhi wassalam) saying: A fasting person has an accepted du`ā (prayer) at the time of iftār (time when he breaks his fast).
It was the habit of Sayyidunā `Abdullāh ibn `Amr (Radiyallāhu Ta’ālā `anhu) to call his wife and children at the time of iftār and make du`ā.
Ibn Mulaykah (Rahimahullāh Ta’ālā) mentions that I heard Sayyidunā `Abdullāh ibn `Amr (Radiyallāhu Ta’ālā `anhu) making the following du`ā when he broke his fast:

اَللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ بِرَحْمَتِكَ الْتِيْ وَسِعَتْ كُلَّ شَيْءٍ أَنْ تَغْفِرَ لِيَ
Allahumma inni As-aluka Bi-Rahmati kallati Wasi`at Kulla Shai’in An Taghfirlee
O Allāh! I ask You through Your all encompassing mercy to forgive me

(Tafsīr Ibn Kathīr al-Baqarah 186 1/509)

Student_Of_Knowledge
09-09-2011, 07:54 AM
A Book Full Of Duas : http://www.at-tazkiyah.com/upload/publications/hizb_azam.pdf - Al Hizbul Azam

Beautiful Sunnats Of The Beloved Nabi | Online Book | 37 Pages | Free Download |FREE! - http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?75069-Beautiful-Sunnats-Of-The-Beloved-Nabi-Online-Book-37-Pages-Free-Download-FREE!&highlight= - Sunnats Of The Beloved Prophet

25 Duas From The Glorious Quran - http://www.*********/25duanew.htm

Watch The Live Broadcast Of Prayers From Makkah And Madinah Live Including 24 Hour Broadcast (http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?65230-Live-24-hour-broadcast-of-masjid-haram-and-masjid-nabawi-including-live-prayers&highlight=)

Student_Of_Knowledge
03-10-2011, 11:46 AM

saihah
04-10-2011, 12:11 PM
A Strange Incident - Injury - Shifa

Hadhrat Muhammad Ibn K’ab (RA) narrates, that once a group of Sahabah were on their way to Rome when one of them fell from his horse and broke his leg. The Sahabah (RA) could not carry him, so they tied his horse and left some provisions for him and proceeded on with their journey. An unseen voice asked, “What happened?” He replied, “My thigh had broken and my companions have left me.” The voice instructed him to read:

فان تولو فقل حسبي الله لا اله الا هو عليه توكلت وهو رب العرش العظيم
while placing his hands on the affected area. He was immediately cured and very soon he joined his companions.

I would appreciate if one of you brothers/sisters could please provide transliteration of the above dua. :jazak:

:jazak: for your help.

saihah
05-10-2011, 03:23 AM
bump. :jazak:

Student_Of_Knowledge
05-10-2011, 07:12 AM
Assalamualaykum, Apologies For The Delay. I Had Been Looking For The Meaning As It Is In The Quran. The Last Ayaah Of Surah Tawbah Which Is In The 9th Surah. Below Are Two Translations Which I Found. Inshallah This Should Have Answered Your Question.

“Enough for me is Allah. There is no god but He. In Him I have placed my trust, and He is the Lord of the Great Throne.”
http://altafsir.com/ViewTranslations.asp?Display=yes&SoraNo=9&Ayah=129&toAyah=129&Language=2&LanguageID=1&TranslationBook=9

Allah is sufficient for me, there is no god but He; on Him do I rely, and He is the Lord of mighty power. (9:129)

'Fa In Tawalow Faqul Hasbiyallahu La Illaha Illallahuwa Alayhi Tawakaltu Wa Huwa Rabul Arshil Adheem' Last Ayaat Of Surah Tawbah

Student_Of_Knowledge
05-10-2011, 07:18 AM
Below Is A Picture Of That Page Of The Quran.

amr123
05-10-2011, 07:54 AM

The same dua is there without the initial few words to recited morning and evening:

http://i53.tinypic.com/wi3sex.jpg

saihah
05-10-2011, 07:55 AM

:jazak: brother Adam, this is very helpful and precisely what I needed. I apologize for bumping the thread, my mother has an arthritis attack since last night, hence the need.

:jazak: brother Azhar.

Please make dua for my mother, may Allah swt grant her shifa.

Student_Of_Knowledge
05-10-2011, 07:59 AM
This May Also Help You: http://www.darulihsan.com/pdf/dua%20for%20sickness.pdf

May Allah Grant Your Mother Shifa And May Allah Grant Her A High Place In Jannat And Take Away The Difficulties She May Be Going Through.

Inshallah I Will Continue To Make Dua For Her.

Hadhrat Anas ibn Maalik (Radhiallaahu Anhu) reported that Nabi (Sallallaahu
Alayhi Wasallam) said, 'Whenever you are ill or have any pains in your body,
then place your hands upon the affected area and recite the following Du'aa:

'Bismillaahi, a'oodhu bi izzatillaahi wa qudratihi min sharri maa ajidu min
waja'ee haadhaa.' (Trans: In the name of Allah, by means of the greatness
and power of Allah, I seek protection from the harms of this sickness and
pain of mine)

Place your hand upon the place where the pain is and recite the above Du'aa.
Do it a few times throughout the day. Continue to do this until the pain
goes away. Also make intention that sickness and cure is from the side of
Allah Ta'ala, and have firm conviction that this is a prescription taught to
us by Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) which will be effective.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
http://www.islam.tc/cgi-bin/askimam/ask.pl?q=6355&act=view

saihah
05-10-2011, 08:40 AM
:jazak: brother, very helpful indeed. Ameen to your duas.
may Allah swt bless you in both worlds with the best.

Student_Of_Knowledge
05-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Ameen

Student_Of_Knowledge
05-10-2011, 05:44 PM

Student_Of_Knowledge
08-10-2011, 12:21 AM
If You Ever See Someone Who Is In Hardship, Difficulty Or An Illness.....Then the following du'a can be recited And If You Have Full Yaqeen In This Dua You Will Never Go Through That Hardship Or Illness Or Difficulty.

'Alhamdu lillahil ladhi 'aafaani mimmab talaahu bihi wa fadhalani 'alaa kathirim mimman khalaqa tafdhila.'

“All praises due to Allah, who has kept me safe from that which He has involved you with, and he has granted me graces over most of those whom He has created gracefully” then that calamity will never befall him.

saihah
08-10-2011, 07:40 PM
:salam: brother Adam, I am sorry to bother you again. But do you know of any dua to prevent miscarriage/have healthy kids? :jazak:

Student_Of_Knowledge
08-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Walaykum Salam. There Is Surely A Dua For Losing A Child "Alhamdulillahi Ala Kulli Haal" "Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Rajeeoon". However I Will Try To Find The Dua You Requested For.

A Recommended Book: Radiant Prayers - By Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani - Many Duas Included - http://darulkutub.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_21&products_id=354

saihah
10-10-2011, 10:19 AM
:jazak: brother

Student_Of_Knowledge
24-10-2011, 09:18 AM
The Salaat to Be Performed When One Has a Need - http://www.khanqah.org/books/printview/morning-and-evening-duas

When a need arises, perform a proper wudhu then perform two rakats of salaah with full devotion and concentration. Hymn the praises of Allah Ta’ala, recite darood upon Rasulullah (sallellaho alaihe wasallam) and then recite the following dua at least once. However, it may be recited as many times as one wish.

لَا اِلٰه اِلَّااللهُ الْحَلِيْمُ الْكَرِيمُ سُبْحَانَ للهِ رَبِّ الْعَرْشِ الْعَظِيمِ وَالْحَمْدُِللهِ رَبِّ الْعٰلَمِيْنَ اَسْئَلُكَ مُوْجِبَاتِ رَحْمَتِكَ وَعَزَائِمَ مَغْفِرَتِكَ وَالْغَنِيْمَةَ مِنْ كُلِّ بِرٍّ وَالسَّلَامَةَ مِنْ كُلِّ اِثْمٍ لَا تَدَعْ لِىْذَنَبًا اِلَّا غَفَرْتَه وَلَا هَمًّا اِلَّا فَرَّجْتَه وَلَا حَاجَةًهِىَ لَكَ رَضًا اِلَّا قَضَيْتَهَا يَا اَرْحَمَ الرّاحِمِيْن

There is none worthy of worship besides Allah, the Clement, the Bountiful. Glory be to Allah, Sustainer of the Magnificent Throne. Praise be to Allah, Sustainer of the worlds. Oh Allah, I ask of You all those actions which draw Your Mercy and which makes Your forgiveness necessary, I ask of You a fair share of every goodness and protection from all sins. Do not leave any of my sins unforgiven and no need (of mine) with which You are pleased, unfulfilled, O Most Merciful of those who show mercy.(Tirmizi vol.1,pg.108-109)

amr123
02-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Dua to Die as a Muslim.

The Dua done by Prophet Yusuf :alayhis:

تَوَفَّنِي مُسْلِمًا وَأَلْحِقْنِي بِالصَّالِحِينَ

Tawaffanee musliman waalhiqnee bi-ssaliheena

"Cause me to die a Muslim and join me with the righteous."
(Suratul Yusuf: 101)

Student_Of_Knowledge
16-11-2011, 07:56 AM
Dua for protection from Minor Shirk.

Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique has narrated that Rasulullah (SAW) said : “Shirk in my Ummah is much more hidden than the pace of an ant crawling upon a black stone.”

Shirk is very hidden. It enters the heart very silently and very few are saved from it.

Upon hearing this, Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique asked : “How can one be saved from it?”

Rasulullah said : “ Should I not show you such a supplication (dua) that if you recite it, you will be free from minor and major shirk.”

Hazrat Abu Bakr requested him to do so. Rasulullah (SAW) instructed him to say :

“Allahumma innee a’oozu bika min an ushrika bika shay-a`w wa-ana a’alam wa-astaghfiruka limaa laa a’alam.”
“O Allah, I seek protection in You from that I ascribe partners to You knowingly and I seek forgiveness from You for those things which I do not know.”

Minor Shirk is the doing of good actions for show, name, fame or recognition

amr123
16-11-2011, 08:10 AM
“Allahumma innee a’oozu bika min an ushrika bika shay-a`w wa-ana a’alam wa-astaghfiruka limaa laa a’alam.”
“O Allah, I seek protection in You from that I ascribe partners to You knowingly and I seek forgiveness from You for those things which I do not know.”

Minor Shirk is the doing of good actions for show, name, fame or recognition

:salam: bro.
Here is the arabic text:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u46/idiotstolemyname/086-194.gif

"Allahumma inni a`udhu bika an ushrika bika wa ana a`lamu wa astaghfiruka lima la a`lamu"
[O Allah I seek refuge in You from knowingly associating partners with You, and I seek Your forgiveness for that which I do not know].

Student_Of_Knowledge
12-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Bump

wakeuptoislam
07-02-2012, 06:52 PM
As-Salaamu Alaykum!
I would like to ask if any body has come across material that has a list of Surah and their special benefits of reciting and when etc and having it backed by Hadith?

JazakAllah!

amr123
08-02-2012, 01:11 AM
As-Salaamu Alaykum!
I would like to ask if any body has come across material that has a list of Surah and their special benefits of reciting and when etc and having it backed by Hadith?

JazakAllah!

:ws: bro. this might help: http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?80036-3-Q-What-are-the-greates-a%29Suras-b%29Ayats-c%29times-of-year-for-Ibadat&p=688811&viewfull=1#post688811

Student_Of_Knowledge
05-03-2012, 02:23 PM
DUA UPON BECOMING AWARE Of ANOTHERS AFFLICTION

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?85163-READ-IMPORTANT-DUA-UPON-BECOMING-AWARE-Of-ANOTHERS-AFFLICTION-At-Tazkiyah-SHARE

silat
05-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Do'a when entering our house

From Abu Malik Asy'ari r.a. narrated that Rasulullah s.a.w. said;
when one enters his house, recite
Allaahumma innii as'aluka khayral maulaji wa khoyral makhraji
Bismillaahi walajnaa, wa bismillaahi kharajnaa,
wa 'alallaahi rabbinaa tawakkalnaa
and then give salaam to its occupant

- Abu Daud

(O ALLAAH, I beseech of You the goodness in entering and exiting the house,
In the name of ALLAH we enter and exit
And on ALLAH our Rabb, we put our reliance.)

Student_Of_Knowledge
14-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Bump

purana.paapi
30-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Dua' against Dajjal:

Sahih Muslim.

We read the following dua after Durood in salah before the salam right ?

purana.paapi
30-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Can somebody create a PDF of this in a good format?

I use Bullzip Printer. Just install it once. What ever you are reading on the internet , .doc. anything just press Ctrl + P ( usually print shortcut) and choose bullzip printer and ok.

PDF created.

Saaalik
04-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Assalaamu'alaikum wr wb,

Day before yesterday, in nizamuddin markaz (headquarters of the noble tablighi work) after yaaseen tilawat after magrib, I heard the elder supplicate something like :

"Allahummarzuqna taubatan nasooha"

does someone know the exact dua (as in, a masnoon one?)...did I make any mistake...I loved the dua a lot since it seems to ask for taufeeq of true tauba...

Saaalik
10-10-2012, 06:41 AM
Just wanted to record it here...:jazak: brother Al_Zayn ...it was posted here (http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?93995-warranty-and-laptop-repair-query-urgently-please&p=830083&viewfull=1#post830083)

Du'a when someone praises you

al_Zayn
10-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Assalaamu'alaikum wr wb,

Day before yesterday, in nizamuddin markaz (headquarters of the noble tablighi work) after yaaseen tilawat after magrib, I heard the elder supplicate something like :

"Allahummarzuqna taubatan nasooha"

does someone know the exact dua (as in, a masnoon one?)...did I make any mistake...I loved the dua a lot since it seems to ask for taufeeq of true tauba...

I really don't know if it is a Masnoon Du'a: اللهم ارزقنا توبة نصوحا (oh Allah Grant us (the Tawfeeq of) Sincere Repentance), rather it is (or maybe) derived from the following Ayah:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا تُوبُوا إِلَى اللَّهِ تَوْبَةً نَصُوحاً عَسَى رَبُّكُمْ أَنْ يُكَفِّرَ عَنْكُمْ سَيِّئَاتِكُمْ

التحريم:8.

"Oh you who believe, Repent unto Allah (with) a Sincere Repentance........"

Wallahu A'lam

Jinn
01-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Bumping this thread for more duas inshala

a.s.
25-04-2013, 09:34 PM
Dua for Ease in Speech

رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي
وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي