PDA

View Full Version : Reading witr in Saudi

Mamun
24-12-2011, 01:10 AM
:salam:

During ramadan in Saudi do we (hanafi) pray witr prayer with everyone else or should we offer our witr prayer seperately?

:ws:

rehmatullah khan
25-12-2011, 09:25 AM
wsalam wr wb... the link below might answer ur question.

http://darulifta-deoband.org/showuserview.do?function=answerView&all=en&id=16152

rehmatullah khan
25-12-2011, 09:39 AM
but just wanted to clarify that the above answer is regarding the witr with jammah in haramain shareefain only, not in other masaajid all over the world where the imam might be the follower of imam shaafee r.a etc, in this case u should offer it alone if the imam says salaam after two rakaats . Below is the link for this fatwa:

http://darulifta-deoband.org/showuserview.do?function=answerView&all=en&id=28594

hazratji
06-01-2012, 03:00 PM
There's one molana in my near by area. He is a fazil from Dewsberry. In ramadhan he leads the prayer taraweeh prayer and prays 20 rakat taraweeh. Witr is lead by someone else on 2+1 basis and molana prays behind that imam and urges everyone to pray with jamaa't also. According to him, there is no problem for hanafi's to pray 2+1 witr.

rehmatullah khan
07-01-2012, 05:22 AM
ALLAH knows the best...

Aqeela
07-01-2012, 05:26 PM
I don't understand why it is such a big issue since all of the imaams are muslims and the school of thoughts are just there to follow but they are all correct so I'm sure we can follow them also.

rqsnnt
08-01-2012, 02:28 AM
I don't understand why it is such a big issue since all of the imaams are muslims and the school of thoughts are just there to follow but they are all correct so I'm sure we can follow them also.

:bism:
:salam: Aqeela

Very simple issue, this method( Method of Prophet :saw: that's proven by Authentic Hadith) is not according to our Madhab. In other sense what ever it, if it's not according to our Madhab, we don't practice.

:jazak:

ahamed_sharif
08-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Assalamu alaykum

Very simple issue, this method( Method of Prophet that's proven by Authentic Hadith) is not according to our Madhab. In other sense what ever it, if it's not according to our Madhab, we don't practice.

First some one has to prove that whatever our madhab says is not a sunnah.

When some one calls the sahabah bidati for they going against his interpretation of deen, we ignore him and his words.

rehmatullah khan
08-01-2012, 11:44 AM
there are numerous ahadith on the way ahnaaf pray witr and similarly there are many ahadith how the shawafay, hanaabila offer their witr..... now, y only one way? the answer is taqleed and this is waajib on ppl like us who can't differentiate between ahadith and their meanings....

for further information please read hadhrat mufti taqi usmani damat barkatuhum's book on taqleed below is the link from where you may download it....

http://www.4shared.com/office/mBdsgsrE/The_Legal_Status_Of_Following_.html?

1. this small article is by mufti ibrahim desai db on taqleed http://www.4shared.com/office/33RgQiEh/Taqleed_e_Shakshi_By_MUFTI_IBR.html?
2. this is another small article by mufti ibarhim desai on hanafi witr from ahadith and sunnah and act of sahaaba
http://www.4shared.com/office/h3K0hRPU/Detailed_discussion_about_Witr.html?

rqsnnt
08-01-2012, 11:06 PM
there are numerous ahadith on the way ahnaaf pray witr and similarly there are many ahadith how the shawafay, hanaabila offer their witr..... now, y only one way? the answer is taqleed and this is waajib on ppl like us who can't differentiate between ahadith and their meanings....

:salam: Brother rehmatullah khan

Point is what makes such hesitation/Confusion for a Muslim not to pray behind a Muslim who is a Imam of Masjidul Haram in witr salat? For this reason a question could be asked, Fatwa given by them who r not ppl like us, do they follow Imam of Masjidul Haram in witr salat? What ever understanding of layman and scholar, Is there any different method to follow Imam of Masjidul Haram in witr salat ?

rehmatullah khan
09-01-2012, 08:44 AM
waslam wr wb. brother, the fatwa by hanafi scholar is very claer that it is completely allowed for hanafees to offer witr behind the imams of haramian shareefain (i.e masjid al haraam and masjid al nabawi), who offer it in the hanbali way.

but then this is only in the case of haramain shareefain, whereas other shaafi or hanbali masaajid are concerned then the hanafi may pray it seperately... The reason behind this is that at haramain shreefain it is the collectivity that matters aaaaaaalot... and my teachers have taught me that we should not argue on it at all becoz each and every way of offering salah which is present in the ahlesunnah wal jammah is somehow or the other proven either by the act of our holy prophet s.a.w.w or by his sahaabaas act.

rqsnnt
09-01-2012, 11:51 AM
waslam wr wb. brother, the fatwa by hanafi scholar is very claer that it is completely allowed for hanafees to offer witr behind the imams of haramian shareefain (i.e masjid al haraam and masjid al nabawi), who offer it in the hanbali way.

but then this is only in the case of haramain shareefain, whereas other shaafi or hanbali masaajid are concerned then the hanafi may pray it seperately... The reason behind this is that at haramain shreefain it is the collectivity that matters aaaaaaalot... and my teachers have taught me that we should not argue on it at all becoz each and every way of offering salah which is present in the ahlesunnah wal jammah is somehow or the other proven either by the act of our holy prophet s.a.w.w or by his sahaabaas act.

:salam: Brother rehmatullah khan

What is the different between masjid al haraam/masjid al nabawi and hanbali masaajid? As i know in both masjids salat is offered in the hanabali way!.

ahamed_sharif
09-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Assalamu alaykum

Brother why and why not to we ahlussunnah wal jamaath (the four groups).

Before interefering in our matters try to correct the people in haramain who leave the haram after 8 rakats. leaving 12 taraweeh and three witr. That is the bigger problem. Some even don't go haram even though they live in neighbourhood of haramain for 20 rakats are being offered there.

rehmatullah khan
09-01-2012, 03:46 PM
waslam wr wb..... brother, as i said that in haramain shareefain collectivism of the whole ummah matters aaaaaaaaaaaalot and therefore we dislike the shiaaz who offer their salah separately even in haramain.......

now as far as other masaajids are concerned, there one can easily go home and offer witr.......

i will recommend my brothers and sister to read the books whose links have been posted in this thread below........ jazakaALLAH khair......