PDA

View Full Version : 'kun fayakun' mocked in indian song feat. ranbir kaboor

mh16388
12-01-2012, 06:14 AM
aoa,

i will not post any video but i wish to know the reactions of the forum on the song kun faya kun from movie rockstar.

split
12-01-2012, 06:29 AM
:salam:

what response do u expect?

Abu_Tamim
12-01-2012, 06:31 AM
aoa,

i will not post any video but i wish to know the reactions of the forum on the song kun faya kun from movie rockstar.

:ws:
Sorry, don't watch movies. Don't have TV. This is an issue worthy of the Barelwis. I am sure that they will come scurrying out of their holes to fight this attack against Islam.

mh16388
12-01-2012, 03:40 PM
jazak Allah khair for your input dr. sahab

ordinary muslims who do listen to music should be warned as the words of Allah (SWT) are disrespected and sung in that song. i dont think it is a good idea to listen to it, even if someone does listen to other songs. similar to what salman ahmad of junoon did in singing verses of the Qur'an : O
this should be condemned.
a blog on your blogspot maybe?

AbuFatimah
12-01-2012, 04:19 PM
ca u summarise whathappened for the rest of us?

abdulwahhab
12-01-2012, 08:29 PM
ca u summarise whathappened for the rest of us?

It is probably some Bollywood song using the verse "Kun fayakoon" as part of its lyrics.

NNoor
12-01-2012, 08:35 PM

Sadly, those Muslims who need to be told that music is haram, probably won't be looking at this forum or Islamic blogs on the internet. It's strange that the imams in the masajid seem to be shy about speaking out against music these days. It's hardly ever mentioned on Fridays or other bayanat.

omar2006
12-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Did they really make fun of it?

Kun Fayakun Lyrics

Rangreza
Rangreza
Rangreza a…
Ho… rangreza…..

Kun fayakun kun..
fayakun fayakun
Fayakun fayakun fayakun

Kun fayakun kun..
Fayakun fayakun
Fayakun fayakun fayakun

Jab kahi pe kuch nahi
Bhi nahi tha
Wahi tha wahi tha
Wahi tha Wahi tha

Jab kahin pe kuch nahi
bhi nahi tha
Wahi tha wahi tha
Wahi tha Wahi tha

Woh jo mujh mein samaya
woh jo tujh mein samaya
Maula wahi wahi maya

Woh jo mujh mein samaya
Woh jo tujh mein samaya
Maula wahi wahi maya

Kun fayakun Kun..
Fayakun
Sadaq allahu al ali al azim

Sajra savera mere tan barse
Kajra andhera teri jaan deewa

Sajra savera mere tan barse
Kajra andhera teri jaan deewa
Katra mila jo tere dar barse
O maula…
Maula….. a…

Kun fayakun..
Kun fayakun
Kun fayakun
Kun fayakun
Fayakun
Fayakun fayakun
Fayakun fayakun
Fayakun fayakun
Aaa…

Kun fayakun Kun
Fayakun
Fayakun
Aaa…
Fayakun
Fayakun
Aaa…

Jab kahin pe kuch nahi
Bhi nahi tha
Wahi tha wahi tha
Wahi tha Wahi tha
Jab kahin pe kuch nahi
Bhi nahi tha
Wahi tha wahi tha
Wahi tha Wahi tha

Kun fayakun kun..
Fayakun
Sadaq allahu al ali al azim
Sadaq rasur-hul nabhi hikari

Kashmir_85
12-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Sorry, don't watch movies. Don't have TV. This is an issue worthy of the Barelwis. I am sure that they will come scurrying out of their holes to fight this attack against Islam.

What makes you think Barelwis condone music when Ala Hazrat Raza Khan forbade it? Use your brain doctor saab

marco100
12-01-2012, 09:48 PM

all this hoo haa over some song which disrespects Quraan verses. yet "nasheeds" with full blown music re: rockstar sami yusuf et al is labelled "islamic music" and acceptable.....oh you have to laugh at the stupidity of some muslims...

Farouk_NL
12-01-2012, 10:04 PM

Sadly, those Muslims who need to be told that music is haram, probably won't be looking at this forum or Islamic blogs on the internet. It's strange that the imams in the masajid seem to be shy about speaking out against music these days. It's hardly ever mentioned on Fridays or other bayanat.

Not all scholars have prohibited music.

AbuFatimah
12-01-2012, 11:21 PM
what are th lyrics in english? are they distasteful lyrics or is it just music itself that is the issue?

abdulwahhab
12-01-2012, 11:22 PM
What makes you think Barelwis condone music when Ala Hazrat Raza Khan forbade it? Use your brain doctor saab

I would advise you to heed your own advice because Dr Abu_Tamim saheb never did say that the Barelvis are promoting music. He is saying to let the Barelvis and their ulama be vocal against this issue because they tend to involve themselves in these things, such as the fatwa of kufr against Bollywood stars.

Not all scholars have prohibited music.

Majority have. Also, we're talking about the Indian subcontinent as this has something to do with Hindu music. And the Hanafi madhhab is the dominant madhhab, in which music is completely haraam. Even those scholars from the other madhahib that have permitted music have placed many stern conditions on how it is to be used. In the end, scholars have either considered it haraam or mubah with extreme restrictions. A person of taqwa would thus avoid it because even without fatwa, doubtful matters have to be avoided. Of course this would apply to non-Hanafis. Hanafis don't really have any legitimate scholar permitting the use of music.

abdulwahhab
12-01-2012, 11:24 PM
what are th lyrics in english? are they distasteful lyrics or is it just music itself that is the issue?

There is something that strikes of insult towards Allah :taala:, where the person says that Allah :taala: comes and resides "within" him and "within" whoever else he is speaking to.

The rest of the song can be seen as praise of Allah :taala:. Either way, it is completely distasteful.

NeednoName
13-01-2012, 03:32 AM
Kashmir_85 bhai,

Assalaam'aaleykum!

Not only the video for the song was shot at the Dargah of Hazrat Nizamuddin (ra) in New Delhi but the official music launch for the movie also took place at the same shrine.

Now for the record, deos don't preside over this Dargah and those who do are known to everyone. Couldn't Barelwis have stopped them from all these activities? May be they love what is dropped in those Galla (cash box) near Dargah.

Abu_Tamim
13-01-2012, 05:45 AM

Dear Brother. Read the post please. I said that this is an issue over which the Barelwis should come out and fight...not condone. I won't ask you to use your brain bcoz........:cheesygri
Dua'on mein yaad.

AbdulQadir90
13-01-2012, 08:58 AM
"Sorry, don't watch movies. Don't have TV. This is an issue worthy of the Barelwis. I am sure that they will come scurrying out of their holes to fight this attack against Islam."

Exactly what muslims need today. Firqaparasti...

ILM_Sika
13-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Screw the indian songs which have such shyt in.

Listen to this Nasheed instead, be sure to read the subtitles at the bottom

http://youtu.be/fM8ne-QDuxQ

Aram
13-01-2012, 10:13 AM
would it really be so wrong if these darbars and dargahs were completely destroyed? without damaging the actual grave itself? (if it is a grave) :confused:

abdulwahhab
13-01-2012, 12:57 PM
would it really be so wrong if these darbars and dargahs were completely destroyed? without damaging the actual grave itself? (if it is a grave) :confused:

Of course it wouldn't be wrong. It would be in accordance to the sunnah. But it would give more fodder to the bid'atis to attack ulama-e-haq and misguide the awaam that has taken religion as culture.

Aram
13-01-2012, 01:11 PM

Of course it wouldn't be wrong. It would be in accordance to the sunnah. But it would give more fodder to the bid'atis to attack ulama-e-haq and misguide the awaam that has taken religion as culture.

its not even a Muslim only thing in India you get the hindus and sikhs coming to those places aswell doing their pooja and what not...pretty sickening

dr.ati
13-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Why not to do Taveel of the song? The Sufis have been saying such things since long and their obedient followers have been doing Taveel of their words (telling the layman that you can not understand what the Sufi is saying).

warea
13-01-2012, 02:15 PM

That's like destroying the kabah becuase the pagan idolators had 360 idols outside and inside the kabah.

Many of these dargahs aren't under the control of any ulema or organisation of ulema whether berelwi or otherwise. And thats why there is a free space for acts which are not allowed as per Islam like tawaf and sujud at the grave.

Secondly, we need to see the history of Islam in this region. Music has been associated with some(or minute) of the sufies for ages. Its not a new phenomenon. So it would be the wholesole imposition of a ultra rigid Islam that would be new to the muslims of the region. Seeing this being the issue we should be a bit more flexible and understanding and making ways of introducing, say, a Islamic character to these congregations without destroying the essence. By encouraging non-music inspiring poetic auditions and so forth yet retaining the highly charged toxic atmosphere of Bayazid al Bistami's school, unlike the sober Junaid al Baghdadi's school. In the west maybe a (pseudo) scientific lecture of Zakir Nakir or Abdurrahman Green may be the phenomenon for dawa. But in places like India which has a spiritual religious tradition of Hindus, Buddhists, Jains and and dozens more, the dawa should also be appropriately directed.

mh16388
13-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Why not to do Taveel of the song? The Sufis have been saying such things since long and their obedient followers have been doing Taveel of their words (telling the layman that you can not understand what the Sufi is saying).

aoa dr. sahab,
how have you bin?

may i suggest a more worthwhile activity than sufi-bashing?can you please tell me whether there are any hanbali ustaaz in pakistan that i can contact?
the hanafis at my masjid finally realized im not ahle hadith. now they made me aware (or more aware) that i may need direct (or indirect) contact with a hanbali sheikh to ask some masail

in isb i know just one person who is a teacher at IIU and he is hanbali. i dont know whether he is a shiekh or not. any help would be very kind.
jazak Allah

DADULLAH
13-01-2012, 03:07 PM
brother marco100 got a very good point about sami yusuf. we see his music as less of a sin then these other dudes like busta rhymes and his arab money track.

i bet if sami yusuf released a remake of Y M C A and called it F A I T H with all the music and dancing or even somthing thats got no elements of islam like the ghostbusters song, the youth would be like "yo this dude is dope", and people would legitamise it.

Aram
13-01-2012, 03:08 PM

although your post is a huge generalisation...as not all sufis would condone this sort of thing...but you have a point in the sense that i think more sufis should start speaking out against such things and trying to clear the misconceptions of sufism

That's like destroying the kabah becuase the pagan idolators had 360 idols outside and inside the kabah.

Many of these dargahs aren't under the control of any ulema or organisation of ulema whether berelwi or otherwise. And thats why there is a free space for acts which are not allowed as per Islam like tawaf and sujud at the grave.

err i wouldn't compare these places tot he kabah!

what is the need to have these shrines anyway? what we see today happening in these places is a direct result of us going away from the sunnah of how people should be buried and how the graves should be ..wallahu alam

warea
13-01-2012, 03:21 PM
err i wouldn't compare these places tot he kabah!

what is the need to have these shrines anyway? what we see today happening in these places is a direct result of us going away from the sunnah of how people should be buried and how the graves should be ..wallahu alam

You have to. The shrines are meant to preserve their memory and identity and facilitate ziyarah; while other religious activitism that grow near to it over the ages turn the structure to a complex. Not so different to the grave of the Prophet of Islam sallallahu alaihi wassalam.

abdulwahhab
13-01-2012, 03:50 PM
You have to. The shrines are meant to preserve their memory and identity and facilitate ziyarah; while other religious activitism that grow near to it over the ages turn the structure to a complex. Not so different to the grave of the Prophet of Islam sallallahu alaihi wassalam.

There is a huge difference. Rasoolullah :saw: told us not to build anything atop graves. The only reason that the grave of Rasoolullah :saw: was not leveled was because it was in the house of 'Aisha :anha: so it is not a tomb, whereas the graves of many pious saints had structures built atop them, in opposition to the command of Rasoolullah :saw: and most likely in opposition to the pious saints who are buried in those same graves.

There's a reason we don't see any tomb from the time of the sahaba :anhum: or even hear of a tomb that a sahabi had created.

warea
13-01-2012, 05:15 PM

There is a huge difference. Rasoolullah :saw: told us not to build anything atop graves. The only reason that the grave of Rasoolullah :saw: was not leveled was because it was in the house of 'Aisha :anha: so it is not a tomb, whereas the graves of many pious saints had structures built atop them, in opposition to the command of Rasoolullah :saw: and most likely in opposition to the pious saints who are buried in those same graves.

There's a reason we don't see any tomb from the time of the sahaba :anhum: or even hear of a tomb that a sahabi had created.

There is absolutely no difference whatsoever. If the impermisibility of building over graves had anything to do with tombs, the grave of the Prophet of Islam nor the two companions would have been within a structure. And ofcourse with a grave in the house, it becomes a tomb. The sahabah understood the hadith quite better than any of us. Structure over the graves of other companion would come over the ages as the need and wealth arises or when someone intends it, just as is the case of anything else. A structure over grave is not a necessity but its permissibility is quite clear from the grave of the Prophet sallahu alaihi wassalaam himself which acts as a sunnah as understood by the sahabah. I don't want to divert the thread, so ill refrain from further disucussion down this road.

abdulwahhab
13-01-2012, 07:36 PM
There is absolutely no difference whatsoever. If the impermisibility of building over graves had anything to do with tombs, the grave of the Prophet of Islam nor the two companions would have been within a structure. And ofcourse with a grave in the house, it becomes a tomb. The sahabah understood the hadith quite better than any of us. Structure over the graves of other companion would come over the ages as the need and wealth arises or when someone intends it, just as is the case of anything else. A structure over grave is not a necessity but its permissibility is quite clear from the grave of the Prophet sallahu alaihi wassalaam himself which acts as a sunnah as understood by the sahabah. I don't want to divert the thread, so ill refrain from further disucussion down this road.

What else do you build on graves except for tombs? And even during the time of Rasoolullah :saw:, nothing was built atop his grave. The only reason his grave is housed inside the house of 'Aisha :anha: is because that is where he died and prophets are buried where they die. The house of 'Aisha :anha: was not torn down. Why is it that Rasoolullah :saw: ordered 'Ali :anhu: to destroy and level the graves that had been built upon? Why is it that none of the sahaba :anhum: had tombs built atop their graves for the first three generations?

If Rasoolullah :saw: had died in an open area, he would have been buried there and no tomb or structure would have been erected atop it since he had explicitly ordered 'Ali :anhu: to destroy anything built atop graves and the sahaba :anhum: clung to his words and did not seek rukhsa.

The handhold
13-01-2012, 07:54 PM
what do they mean?

Rangreza
Sajra savera
Kajra andhera
deewa

Abdullah288
13-01-2012, 08:13 PM
aoa dr. sahab,
how have you bin?

may i suggest a more worthwhile activity than sufi-bashing?can you please tell me whether there are any hanbali ustaaz in pakistan that i can contact?
the hanafis at my masjid finally realized im not ahle hadith. now they made me aware (or more aware) that i may need direct (or indirect) contact with a hanbali sheikh to ask some masail

in isb i know just one person who is a teacher at IIU and he is hanbali. i dont know whether he is a shiekh or not. any help would be very kind.
jazak Allah

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?61386-Hanbali-Scholars-in-Karachi-Pakistan.
He teaches there in Madrassah Ibn e Abbas, 00923343409352 Sheikh Moosa Iraqi. He speaks Urdu but arabic very fluently cause he's iraqi

mh16388
14-01-2012, 10:05 AM
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?61386-Hanbali-Scholars-in-Karachi-Pakistan.
He teaches there in Madrassah Ibn e Abbas, 00923343409352 Sheikh Moosa Iraqi. He speaks Urdu but arabic very fluently cause he's iraqi

its too much man. hardly any books, no physically present teachers, too many masa'il...m done

thnx tho. jazak Allah khair

maneesh
18-06-2013, 12:41 AM
aoa,

As a non muslim i find myself truly drawn towards Islam after listening to this song by AR Rahman saaheb.

umar_italy
18-06-2013, 01:54 AM
As a non muslim i find myself truly drawn towards Islam after listening to this song by AR Rahman saaheb.

Please go on and accept Islam then! :-)

May Allah guide you!

Zahed
18-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Sami Yusuf's trashes should be condemned first. Most of the members (including me :alhamd:) have no idea what's going on in Bollywood.

Idil_
18-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Bollywood is total ****. The dancing, the acting, the cheesy songs, the ridiculous fight scenes...etc etc. I have never seen a single Bollywood movie and said 'Wow! amazing acting!' on the contrary it always leaves me regretting that I wasted 3 hours on total nonsense. I hardly ever watch Bollywood movies and I feel like this, can't imagine those people who watch every single movie that's churned out of there. Don't know if the dramas are any different.

maneesh
18-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Please go on and accept Islam then! :-)

May Allah guide you!

Unfortunately I am not sure if what is represented within the song are reflective of islam. Since there is a lot of criticism and trashing of this song i read in this forum by muslims. Leaves me confused.
Also an ecompassing question lingers: Is "sufism" accepted as an islamic tradition by muslim scholars in general?

amanwas
18-06-2013, 07:28 PM
The Bollywood makes song of any thing any time.

aliyaa
18-06-2013, 08:15 PM
about the tomb.. Sister.. I read this from some authentic source that wayy back.. some people from saudia Arab went to many different countries to inquire about this that shoud the lay down the building.. Which is above Rasool Allah Sal Allahu Alaihi Wassalam's grave? as it is forbidden to build tombs over graves? they came to Deobandi Ulema too.. every one was vvv tensed and.. Couldnt answer.. Then i dont remember the name.. But some Maulana gave the answer that Rasool Allah's grave was inside Hazrat Ausha's house.. And tomb wasnt built upon Rasool Allah Sal Allahu Alaihi Wassala's grave..