Thread: Back to Islam (HELP!)

Madhhab
    Don't know

Default Back to Islam (HELP!)

I took shahada 7 years ago and practiced fully for one year (6 yrs non practice, pray etc) because none of my family or friends are muslim, it became really hard for me to stick with it and i was constantly being persecuted and judge by them. I believe, and i have tried to follow god my entire life and recently converted to christianity. however, i did not feel comfortable in the christian church (something felt off). I have studied about many religions and so far Islam is the one that has allowed me to feel closer to God and has brought the most peace and comfort to my life. How can i start to practice again? do i have to take shahada again? any tips on how to acquire the much needed support. thanks to all

Madhhab
    None

Default Re: Back to Islam (HELP!)

May Allah Subhannah wa Ta'ala , forgive us. Say Shahada & never despair from Allah mercy

http://islamnewsroom.com/answers/101...eturn-to-islam

Madhhab
    Don't know

You must take Shahada again.

Sister, if you need, we can exchange contact information. I have trouble with my family as well - but alhamdulillah have found many great friends. Inshallah, we can both continue to grow in the deen.
    Teach me.

Madhhab
    Don't know

i would love to exchange information, this is my email. feel free to contact me anytime
    Last edited by SisDina; 26-03-2013 at 01:27 AM.

Madhhab
    Maliki

Alsalamu Alaikum,

The 'Shahada' or witness is pretty much already done when you start praying again. You basically say the Shahada 5 times a day because in each prayer you witness right? I think the most important thing to think about is, not to say to yourself 'Okay, I am going back to Islam again'. Because it's not like that. A lot of people say 'Alhamdulilah I have reverted to Islam' - Okay, good, but what next? The 'next' is the most important aspect; will you continue? or will you mess it up again?

Instead, I advise you to keep remembering Allah (subahanahu) no matter what you do. The more you remember, the more you will stay attached. After that, I advise you to begin praying. Praying as you may know protects you from bad things, and allows you to maintain purity. Think to yourself, at the end of the day this is your life and if you're an adult you bear the responsibility of your own actions. Therefore, if your family want to judge you, let them judge, the most important thing is that you treat them with respect and show to them that following Islam is not as problematic as they might think. So, don't think about things like 'shall I say the Shahada again?', change yourself slowly and merge in to Islam. Allow it to become a habit. The "Productive Muslim" website has a lot of information on how to be both Musim and productive and this may help you. It helped me a lot!

Finally, masha'Allah, I cannot express how glad I feel that you find that Islam makes you feel the closest to God. For me, it's a beautiful thing! May you live a blissful and happy life.

Madhhab
    Don't know

Thank you so much, your words really touch me and i can feel the compassion in them. i know that slowly taking steps will be the easiest and best way for me. Thank God i am older now, since i first was practicing and live by myself therefore more freedom and less oppression from my family. The only one i want to please is Allah. Thank you so much for your support sister. Do you recommend any reads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ella-rose View Post
    Alsalamu Alaikum,

The 'Shahada' or witness is pretty much already done when you start praying again. You basically say the Shahada 5 times a day because in each prayer you witness right? I think the most important thing to think about is, not to say to yourself 'Okay, I am going back to Islam again'. Because it's not like that. A lot of people say 'Alhamdulilah I have reverted to Islam' - Okay, good, but what next? The 'next' is the most important aspect; will you continue? or will you mess it up again?

Instead, I advise you to keep remembering Allah (subahanahu) no matter what you do. The more you remember, the more you will stay attached. After that, I advise you to begin praying. Praying as you may know protects you from bad things, and allows you to maintain purity. Think to yourself, at the end of the day this is your life and if you're an adult you bear the responsibility of your own actions. Therefore, if your family want to judge you, let them judge, the most important thing is that you treat them with respect and show to them that following Islam is not as problematic as they might think. So, don't think about things like 'shall I say the Shahada again?', change yourself slowly and merge in to Islam. Allow it to become a habit. The "Productive Muslim" website has a lot of information on how to be both Musim and productive and this may help you. It helped me a lot!

Finally, masha'Allah, I cannot express how glad I feel that you find that Islam makes you feel the closest to God. For me, it's a beautiful thing! May you live a blissful and happy life.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I think you may need a scholar to answer your question, you may email Darul Ihsan fatwa@darulihsan.com as they usually reply back quite quickly. Alternatively you may email islam web (http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=fatwa) but they usually take longer to reply.

Madhhab
    Don't know

I emailed you - you can remove your contact info from here if you wish.
    Quote Originally Posted by SisDina View Post
    i would love to exchange information, this is my email. feel free to contact me anytime
    Teach me.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Salaams..
    Never lose hope in the mercy of Allah..!!
    Like as per previous comments, you must stay steadfast in the religion & be patient with family.. Keep praying your 5 daily salaah, pray with devotion and seek help & guidance from Allah..
    Read the Quran "surely in the rememberance of Allah do the hearts find peace & tranquility".!!!