Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mufti Ebrahim Desai (db) [a brief intro]

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Mufti Ebrahim Desai (db) [a brief intro]

moulana, for the information.
    Masha'Allah, i wanted to meet and convey my personal regards to mufti sb (db) for the great job that he has done. askimam has been a saviour for people like me, and is indeed a great benefit for the ummah in this age.
    May Allah(s.w.t) always keep us in the shelter of our elders like these. Ameen.

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Does Mufti Ebrahim Desai still teach at Madrassah In'aamiyyah?

Madhhab
    None

Default Re: beard

"Tasawwuf enlightens the heart through knowledge, action, and dhikr. Hazratism boxes a person into groupthink and promotes sectarian bigotry." Shaykh Hamzah Wald Maqbul.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Mufti saheb teaches in Darul Uloom Numaniyyah, in Chatsworth near Durban.
    Lost in an ocean of doubt and confusion am I
    Seeking Your burning beacon light
    ~ Heart Song, Talib al Habib

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Met Mufti Sahib in Mina last year. Great person, very humble. Liked him alot.

Madhhab
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Taliban View Post
    Met Mufti Sahib in Mina last year. Great person, very humble. Liked him alot.
    ya Shaykh,

If it is okay with you, can you tell us a bit about your meeting with Fadeelatus Shaykh, Mufti Ebrahim Desai [hafithahullaah] ?

"Tasawwuf enlightens the heart through knowledge, action, and dhikr. Hazratism boxes a person into groupthink and promotes sectarian bigotry." Shaykh Hamzah Wald Maqbul.

Madhhab
    None

Is there an updated biography of Mufti Ebrahim Desai [Hafithahullaah].

Madhhab
    Hanafi

ASSALAMUALEYKUM
    There is a saying that respect all strangers for you do not know there background and hence who they are.
    an incident: we were on our way to ummrah it was 20th of ramazan. after taraweeh we left for the airport
    where in the boarding lounge we met an old man who had missed his connecting flight and would be boarding
    the next day. feeling sorry for him we offered some tea and snacks and left him with some loose change for his
    sehri. with few slapps onthe back and comforting words we boarded. the jummah bayan and khutba after we
    had returned was performed by no other than the old man that we had slapped in the back out of sympathy and
    kindness!!!! he was Mouland Abdul Jabbar. when we met him after the jumma prayers he smiled and and said 'aha
    harare wale'.
    similarly when i was in Dabhel madressah, i was in the same dormitory as these two Durban boys who were brothers.
    they were very generous and one of them was well reserved and it was roumoured that he was intelligent. the other
    seemed to have come to india for a gas as he had completed his hifz and was only doing dor. i left Dabhel in 1986 and
    later on began to read about this mufti.

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by ImamGhazzaali View Post
    ya Shaykh,

If it is okay with you, can you tell us a bit about your meeting with Fadeelatus Shaykh, Mufti Ebrahim Desai [hafithahullaah] ?

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Nothing special about the meeting except Mufti Sahib himself

I stated calling Mufti sahib before hajj. He had left Madinah Munawwarah and was in Makkah when i got his number. During the hajj i disturbed him alot. It was only his Sabr that he evenanswered my calls. I would call him after every 10 mins asking, Mufti sahib is this Jaiz? Is this jaiz. What if you do Tawaf from outside the Haram in a car on the ring road cause it's over crowded inside Haram :P.. etc etc ... He mustve been thinking what kind of a silly guy this is.

Khair it went on till the last day of Hajj. I hadn't met Mufti sahib till then. It's very difficult to meet someone in Hajj time. On the last day, 12th ZulHajj, I called him in the morning and told him i'm coming to meet you with family. He said welcome. I was on the other side of Mina just besides Jamaraat and he was on the other end. We walked 1 hour to go meet him. Mufti sahib came out of his tent and he recognized me immediately when he saw me although it was my first ever meeting with Mufti sahib. (You will recognize me in a million people).

He took us inside, sent my wife to the ladies section to meet his family. Then i sat with Mufti sahib. He brought a juice. I was very thirsty. Then I asked him some masaail. Discussed some things. The meeting was around 1 hour. Talked here and there. He told about his background, where he studied etc. Asked me about my background. I gave him the Ta'addud book and read to him some excerpts from the book. And I told him why Ta'addud is necessary today . It was Zuhr time, and we had to leave for stoning and then back to Madinah. I asked permission from Mufti sahib. He took out a VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL ITTAR BOTTLE and gave it to me. Wallahi, it was so nice.. I can't forget it ever. And it was an expensive one (strange for a gujrati :P). My son broke it I couldn't sleep properly that night. Then Mufti sahib came outside to see me off and told me, if you need anything, any juice/water just take it from the fridge. I filled my bag with juices

Meeting Mufti sahib was like a breath of Fresh Air. I felt like renewed. I felt noor in my heart after meeting Mufti sahib. It stayed with me for a long time until i lost it because of my sins. He's the second ALIM/MUFTI who has impressed me all my life. First is Mufti Abu Lubaba sahib دامت بركاتهم, second if Mufti sahib. It was like after years I had met an Alim who i really felt happy meeting. The best thing about him was that he didn't have any arrogant chamcha [khadim] who don't let you meet the sheikh.

Then we walked back, got stuck in shias.. Good thing i was wearing a black turban. They thought i'm one of them :P. Went to Jamaraat after Zuhr. As soon as we stepped outside and were walking towards Haram, it started to RAIN. Such a heavy Rain. Makkah roads were flooded..... Rest is history...

So that is my story of meeting with Mufti Sahib.

And i kept on calling him till he boarded his flight. I also called him once or twice from here but it's very expensive. He also called me once which is a privilege for me.

جزاك الله خيرا

P.S: Those were the best days of my life..

Ya Shaykh --- isn't it Shirk :P

Madhhab
    Hanafi

"TASAWWUF:
    Hazrat Mufti Ebrahim Desai (damat barakatuhum) has the honor of being the khalifah of his Shaykh Mufti Mahmood-ul-Hasan Gangohi (rahmatullah alahyi), the late grand mufti of India & the most senior khalifa of Hazrat Shaykh Maulana Zakariya Kandhalwi (rahmatullah alahi). As part of his training in Tasawwuf, Mufti Saab (db) spent time in the Khanqah of Dabhel where he used to lead Qiyaam-ul-Layl during the last ten nights of Ramadan."

Mufti saab used to lead Qiyaam ul layl :S
    is There Qiyam ul layl in hanafi fiqh :S
    Last edited by hazratji; 26-06-2011 at 11:44 AM.
    Faqeer's message :- QalbSaleem
    Wife and Girl Friend - By Shaykh Noor Zaman db. || FUNNY || (Urdu)