Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Info on Darul Uloom - Bowmanville, Ontario (Canada)

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Info on Darul Uloom - Bowmanville, Ontario (Canada)

Assalamualaikum WR wb

hows everyone doing, i hope every1 is in gr8 health and in high imaan

brothers & sisters, i need sum help, i am a high school graduate, and i intend to go to an institute to bcom a hafizul qur'an. i have been told that Bowmanville Institute is a nice place

im just asking, if any1 has any info on bowmanville (how the place is, should a person go there or not, etc...)

any information will be very beneficial

shukran

wa salaam

p.s ( how long does it take 2 bcom a hafizul qur'an, will it b possible to bcome 1 in less than a yr ?)

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Assalamu Alaikum Br. Abdullah,

I'm in a rush right now so I'll reply to your post later...but a few quick things.

I currently reside in Irving, Texas but I was there last week at Bowmanville for a few days. My older brother is a teacher there and Insha Allah in a few months, you might find me teaching there as well

Check out the following link for pictures of the place:
    http://www.cordobacollege.com/picture_gallery.html

They even have a swimming pool!

Btw...Bowmanville is about 30 minutes away from Toronto, Canada
    Last edited by eTeacher; 17-10-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah 786
    Assalamualaikum WR wb

hows everyone doing, i hope every1 is in gr8 health and in high imaan

brothers & sisters, i need sum help, i am a high school graduate, and i intend to go to an institute to bcom a hafizul qur'an. i have been told that Bowmanville Institute is a nice place

im just asking, if any1 has any info on bowmanville (how the place is, should a person go there or not, etc...)

any information will be very beneficial

shukran

wa salaam

p.s ( how long does it take 2 bcom a hafizul qur'an, will it b possible to bcome 1 in less than a yr ?)
    Assalamu Alaikum Br. Abdullah,

I visited the Bowmanville institute last week. As mentioned previously, my older brother teaches there. As you can tell from the pictures of the place, it's amazing. They just started four months ago.

How long does Hifz take? It varies from person to person. People have finished it in less than a year. But the average is from anywhere 2 years to 3 years with secualr education. Since you have already graduated from High School, I'm sure you will get more time because secualr education till the age of 16 (correct me if I'm wrong) is mandatory. Alot of it depends on how your current level is in the recitation of the Quran. If you are fluent at it, it will be much easier to finish it quicker. And if you are smart, and since you are mature, I'm sure you can finish it quickly.

Where do you live? If you reside around Toronto, why don't you go and check out the place and talk to the students and the teachers.

I was requested by the admins to move there so that they can start an Alimah madressah there. They want my wife and I to head up the Alimah program there. I'm currently in the process of making Istikhara.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask.
    Last edited by eTeacher; 17-10-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Assalamualaikum Shaykh Nazim

jazak Allah for the info uve given me soo far

i no im askin alot ( i just tend to get worried alot, & wanna make sure im going to the rite place for me ) but i wuz wonderin if u nu who are teacherz for hifz, & as 4 boarding (hav u bcom alim locally or gone overseas?)wud u prefer havin ur own room or having a shared room?

shukran

Allah Hafiz

Madhhab
    Hanafi

:salams:

Can one reach Bowmanville from highway 401 because i think i remember reading that name somewhere...

i hope the Alima course starts there as there are many sisters who want to do Alima course but have no facility... i myself would be the first to join....if i was there in canada..

Lost in an ocean of doubt and confusion am I
    Seeking Your burning beacon light
    ~ Heart Song, Talib al Habib

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Asalamawalaikum,

My brother used to attend the Bowmanville madressa and was there for about two months. Because he recently finished memorizing the quran, we wanted to keep him in a good environment and were thinking about making him an alim while conducting his academic studies at the same time. However, since the school is still fairly new and needs some time, he felt that he wasn’t learning much which we were concerned about it since he missed almost 3 years of academics. So we decided to take him out this year and insha’allah we plan on putting him back in when he gets a little older and more educated insha’allah.

As for the school itself, its awesome. (this is all his opinions) He loved the fact that they live on “res” as he fondly used to call it, would have a blast with his friends, and really liked the mahole (environment). The teachers were pretty cool (especially Maulana Mangera, he really liked him) and the kids are pretty fun and friendly. As for living in dorms, when my brother first went there, they all had their own rooms. But then apparently the heating in that building wasn’t working so now they shifted to them another building where they share rooms with a buddy. My bhabi’s brother is also attending the madressa for full time hifz, so this is what he reported. Also, if you are going,be prepared to take a LOT of junk food, because all the boys are going to come in your room and “share” your food- so it helps to keep extra. My brother would call us sometimes and be like I need this, this, and that, and we’d be like WHAT?! It hasn’t even been two weeks and everything’s finished! We were seriously doubting that they were feeding him, but they were of course. He really liked the food there, when he’d come home, sometimes he would turn his nose down because he didn’t like what was for dinner. Lol…On the whole, I think it would be really, really good for you to go because insha’allah with the mahole it’ll motivate you and encourage you to finish your quran memorization faster, and will generally keep your more in-tune with Islamic studies.

Hope this helped!
    Wasalam
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die in the state of righteousness along with Al-Abrar. (Al- Imran:3)

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Bismillah

what is the price range of the school,and the age limits?
    and Allah alone gives sucess
    abdul latif
    http://seekerofsacredilm.wordpress.com/

Madhhab
    Hanafi

In regards to price range, I think it is around $400 a month- everything included. As for age limit, my brother was saying that the youngest student is around 10 years old so I guess that means anyone over the age of 10 can go, because your never too old to learn.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die in the state of righteousness along with Al-Abrar. (Al- Imran:3)

Madhhab
    Hanafi

how expensive would it be for married students?

Lost in an ocean of doubt and confusion am I
    Seeking Your burning beacon light
    ~ Heart Song, Talib al Habib

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah 786
    Assalamualaikum Shaykh Nazim

jazak Allah for the info uve given me soo far

i no im askin alot ( i just tend to get worried alot, & wanna make sure im going to the rite place for me ) but i wuz wonderin if u nu who are teacherz for hifz, & as 4 boarding (hav u bcom alim locally or gone overseas?)wud u prefer havin ur own room or having a shared room?

shukran

Allah Hafiz

Assalamualaikum wr wb

shaykh eteacher

i wuz wonderin if u can answer the above quote 4 me , plz 4giv me 4 being soo annoying, i just want an answer datz all

wa salaam