Thread: Hifz completion

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Hifz completion

salam.gif

I have a son aged 16 he's going into 6th form college from this September, the issue is that Alhamdollilah he has memorised 16 Juz (Chapters) of the Quran but since a year he has totally stopped, he got messed around when his Teacher (Moulana Sahib) changed Madresas and my son wasn't allowed at that Madresa. Although he is going over some of the Quran Hifz he has learned he keeps on saying that he has forgotten most of his Hifz.

Any advise for him please, I would love for him to complete his Hifz but I feel he is giving up.

jazak.gif

wasalam.gif
    People in all walks of life are searching for happiness, peace and tranquility. Black & White, Old & Young, each and every person wants to be at peace.

"Verily! Only in the Dhikr of Allah will your heart find peace."
    Quran (Surah 13: Verse 28)

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Hifz completion

Walakum Asalaam

What a great endeavor and I commend you for encouraging your child. I would say the best thing to do is for him to have good company of other hafiz that encourages him to memorize, who play with him, and he can relate with. From your message, as parent you have given him a lot of encouragement and tools to complete this wonderful task. I would say his environment is important. I also recommend helping him relate to the teachings of the Quran and there are many ways to do that with books and reward for every Juz completed. Since your child is going to adult stage I would say the most important thing is for him to use the Quran he has learning in the 5 daily prayers. As the scholars say the Quran is best experienced in prayer because it is direct connection with Allah. I would say that will have the biggest impact on him and will help him review the memorization.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

salam.gif

jazak.gif for your kind words brother, As you stated the Adulthood is a tricky stage, don't I know it, insh.gif with your Duas he will be able to complete his task, insh.gif I shall introduce him to the Tafseers that I have, I though it might have been too early?

Was-salaam
    People in all walks of life are searching for happiness, peace and tranquility. Black & White, Old & Young, each and every person wants to be at peace.

"Verily! Only in the Dhikr of Allah will your heart find peace."
    Quran (Surah 13: Verse 28)

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by AbuUwais View Post
    salam.gif

jazak.gif for your kind words brother, As you stated the Adulthood is a tricky stage, don't I know it, insh.gif with your Duas he will be able to complete his task, insh.gif I shall introduce him to the Tafseers that I have, I though it might have been too early?

Was-salaam
    Yes, it would be a good time to introduce to him to tafseer as this is the time he asking a lot more 'critical thinking' type questions. The age he is his mind is ripe to absorb the meanings of the verses he memorized. I was raised in the west and I am not sure where you child attends school but some of the things the teachers teach is completely absurd (physical fitness classes, history, and social science classes). In order to develop a strong aqeedah and base he needs to understand the Quran. There are other teachers that can really expand your mind, and look at things in different light, don't get me wrong but in my experience that happens mostly in college. I would say I asked the most questions during end of high school and beginning of college. May Allah reward you and help you raise a righteous child. If you have questions I can answer please ask I would happy to answer them.