i am trying to write down some short evidences for some co-workers in an islamic project to convince them free mixing in islam is not permissable.
what i am specifically looking for if anyone has it are direct evidences, Quran, ahhaddith and especially qoutes from the early ulema such as the four imams.
here is what i have so far, can the people of knowledge on this forum take a look and add to it if possible,
Some Evidences from the Quran
1. "Stay in your houses and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance and offer prayer perfectly and give Zakat and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah only wishes to remove evil deeds and sins from you, O members of the family [of the Prophet] and to purify you with a thorough purification." (al-Ahzab 33).
2. "O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies. That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful" (al-Ahzab 59).
3. “Say to the believing men that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts; that is purer for them; surely Allah is Aware of what they do.” (al-Nur 30)
4. "Tell the believing women to lower their gaze and protect their private parts and not to show off their adornments except only that which is apparent and to draw their veils over necks and bosoms and not to reveal their adornments except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their women or the (female) slaves, or old male servants who lack vigor, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful" (al-Nur 31).
5. "And when you ask them (the prophet’s wives), ask them from behind a screen, that is purer for your hearts and for their hearts" (al-Ahzab 53).
Some evidences from the ahaddith
1. Um Salmah radi Allahu anha says that she and Maymoonah radi Allahu anha were in the presence of the holy Prophet sallallahu alayhi wa sallam when Abdullah ibn Um Maktum, who was BLIND, came there. Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wa sallam said "Go behind the curtain and screen yourself" Um Salmah said "O Prophet of Allah, he is Blind. At this Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wa sallam said "are you also blind? don't you see him? (Agreed upon by Tirmidhi, Ahmad and Abu Dawud)
2. Oqbah bin Amer reports that Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wa sallam said "Beware of mingling with women" A man from the Ansar asked "O messenger of Allah, inform me about the Hamwa (Hamwa are the relatives of the husband except for the father and son). He said the Hamwa are death." (Sahih Bukhari and Agreed Upon by Muslim)
3. Abu Hurairah radi Allahu anhu relates that Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wa sallam said a man commits adultery with his eyes when he looks at a strange (non-Mahram) woman"(Sahih Bukhari and Agreed Upon by Muslim also can be found in Riyadh-Us-Saleheen (Arabic English) vol. 2 page 792 Hadith1622)