Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do genies exist?

Madhhab
    Not Muslim

Default Do genies exist?

Hello!
    Well I recently ordered a the genie Ajinnah Youssouf from www.khakani.com. I was looking at the conjuration process, it says you have to say these two muslim prayers eleven thousand eleven hundred and eleven times on any thursday night from 12 am to 4am. You have to dress in all white and throw these little beads into a coal fire inside. You have to be secluded from everyone. You also have to fill this magic lamp with any kind of edible oil and put a wick in the oil and light it. You also have to have a red spiral candle and sprinkle graveyard dust around the room where you will be conjuring the genie. Does this sound like it would work. The two prayers you have to say are the AYAT-UL-KURSI and the DAROOD SHA RIF. Do you think this will work?

Thanks a bunch!
    Pam

Madhhab
    Not Muslim

To Be Quite honest Pam, Im not sure, but I Imagine that your going to get a bad reaction with that post.

Looks a little teeny weeny bit like witchcraft, and I'm fairly certain that any Occult summonations are a Big No-No for any religion.

Hey, but you prolly already knew that.

Madhhab
    Maliki

sounds really WEIRD..

Madhhab
    Maliki

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi
    To Be Quite honest Pam, Im not sure, but I Imagine that your going to get a bad reaction with that post.
    someone who doesnt know the religion is excused in my eyes, how weird the question may be. (if intentions are right)

anyway what you describe sounds very very weird

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by pam_delong
    Hello!
    Well I recently ordered a the genie Ajinnah Youssouf from www.khakani.com. I was looking at the conjuration process, it says you have to say these two muslim prayers eleven thousand eleven hundred and eleven times on any thursday night from 12 am to 4am. You have to dress in all white and throw these little beads into a coal fire inside. You have to be secluded from everyone. You also have to fill this magic lamp with any kind of edible oil and put a wick in the oil and light it. You also have to have a red spiral candle and sprinkle graveyard dust around the room where you will be conjuring the genie. Does this sound like it would work. The two prayers you have to say are the AYAT-UL-KURSI and the DAROOD SHA RIF. Do you think this will work?

Thanks a bunch!
    Pam
    why do you want mess with jinns? it is very dangerous and should be very carefull otherwise you will be harmed by them and you should not mess with genies or jinns as we call them.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Do yourself a favour and don't give this "Guru Khakani" any of your money
    AJINNAH YOUSSOUF IS THE GENTLE, NOBLE AND GOOD SPIRIT THAT WAS POSSESSED BY "ALADDIN"
    Aladin is a character in a story, not a historical figure. Jinns do exist but this is the first time i've heard of someone "selling jinns"

Madhhab
    Not Muslim

(I suspect the first post is a joke)

I've only studied Islam a little and I'm curious about this question. Obviously the Quran says jinn exist, but in what sense do Muslims today believe they exist?

I'm more familiar with Christianity. In the New Testament there are all sort of evil spirits that cause problems for people. Many Christains today believe these evil spirits are myths, or personifications of real mental diseases. On the other hand, the Quran says jinn can be Muslims so I don't see how you could relegate them to myths or personifications.

So what exactly do you think the jinn are? Incorporeal spirits? Is there any evidence whatsoever that jinn exist aside from your holy book?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Assalaamu Alaa Manitaba'al Huda

^^
    Muslims believe that Jinn were made of Smokeless fire, and they were created before the human race. they are just like us except with a few differences for eg they can see us but we cant see them, they can changed shapes like into a dog or snake.

there are good jinn and bad jinns. bad jinns are the ones that cause mischief, and often behind occurences of ghosts etc. Iblees (Shaytan also known as Lucifer) was a jinn as well.

hope this helped a bit
    Lost in an ocean of doubt and confusion am I
    Seeking Your burning beacon light
    ~ Heart Song, Talib al Habib

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Subhanallah, Pam, I wouldn't recommend even trying it!

On a practical note, it doesn't sound feasible. You say you have to recite Ayat al-Kursi and the Darood Sharif 11,111 times within a 4 hour period? Well, let's work it out:
    It'd take you about 20 seconds (a very generous estimate) to say both these things together just once!
    So, 20*11,111 = 222,220

There are 3,600 seconds in an hour, multiply by 4 = 14,400. Doesn't sound like you have anywhere near enough time to do it in.

Madhhab
    Not Muslim

Quote Originally Posted by salahuddin

Subhanallah, Pam, I wouldn't recommend even trying it!

On a practical note, it doesn't sound feasible. You say you have to recite Ayat al-Kursi and the Darood Sharif 11,111 times within a 4 hour period? Well, let's work it out:
    It'd take you about 20 seconds (a very generous estimate) to say both these things together just once!
    So, 20*11,111 = 222,220

There are 3,600 seconds in an hour, multiply by 4 = 14,400. Doesn't sound like you have anywhere near enough time to do it in.
    No.... sorry I made a mistake you only have to recite two words "Al Lateefu Al Raheemu" and that counds as one time, you just have to say that 11,111 times within four hours so I think it's possible. Again sorry about the mixup.

Pam