Thread: ANSWERED: How late can one pray Salah?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Exclamation Salah

Assalamualykum,
    I have a question............
    I go to school, and sometimes its impossible for me to read the Zuhr salah, so I wanted to ask how long before the next Salah (Asr) can I read Zuhr?
    I have heard that we can read the namaz until 15 mins left to the next Salah, I don't know if this is true though
    Sorry, I hope its clear

Madhhab
    Maliki

Jam`a (join) your Dhur and `Asr prayers (Shaykh `Abdullah ibn Bayyah gave this dispensation to those in the west).

Also if your Hanafi your `Asr is much later so you can do your Dhuhr prayer when you get home in the winter months. Are you sure your using the Hanafi `Asr?

If it is still too hard for you then you should try to pray Dhuhr during lunch hour at school. If that is too hard then right when school ends if you have time then ask a teacher for a room and pray Dhuhr. If that is too hard then think of something clever.

Wassalam.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Assalamualykum,
    Jazakallah, for that Brother (yes Im sure Im using Hanafi)

Madhhab
    Maliki

you can pray dhuhr right up untill Ars starts. if you say only the opening Takbir before Asr starts, you are on time.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Bismillah
    as sallamu alaikum

I don't seem to sound to harsh, but we as muslims our hearts should be attached to the prayer. I'm unsure where you are located but in my location dhur comes in right aroung 1200 and asr comes in a little after 300 so that a good 3 hours. In the shafi'i madhhab and there maybe rukhsa in other madhhab which would be completely valid but i've only been taught the shafi'i madhhab. But in the shafi'i madhhab one can only combine when travelling and rain. So what is my point? My point is that making salah should be of the utmost importance for us all. A reminder for us all is that the first thing we we'll ask about in ibadah is the salah as come in a hadith from our beloved prophet (sallAllahu alaihi wa sallam) this is just reminder for myself and to all my fellow beleivers in islam
    and Allah alone gives sucess
    abdul latif
    http://seekerofsacredilm.wordpress.com/

Scholar
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

You can pray Zuhr up until Asr time, provided you begin your Zuhr and end it before Asr time comes in. In the Hanafi madhab, a salat must begin and end within its proper time, except for Asr, which can begin in late Asr time and end in Maghrib time (if one is about to miss it).

Allah knows best.

Wassalam,
    Ziad