Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Studying Deen in Birmingham, UK

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Studying Deen in Birmingham, UK

Salaam

Does anyone know any institutions where one can go and study deen in Birmingham?

I know a few places and I will post them tomorrow (inshallah) for the benefit of others.

Inshallah if anyone knows of any institutions where one can study e.g. an alim/ alimah course, fiqh, aqeedah, Arabic and etc then please do share.

I know a lot people in Birmingham who are interested in studying e.g. aqeedah but they are finding it difficult to find aqeedah classes in Birmingham. Therefore if you know of any institutions then please inshallah do let us know as it will benefit a lot people.

JazakAllah

Wasalaam
    If a person wants to measure his nearness to Allah, he should apply the following formula given by Shaykh Gangohi:

ďA personís nearness to Allah is proportional to his distance from his own ego and self [nafs].Ē

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Try the following site for info on classes for sister:

http://www.as-suffa.org

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Salaam

JazakAllah brother. The As-Suffa Institute appears to have some great courses maashallah alhamdhuillah.

There is a place in Small Heath where they run some Quranic Arabic courses for free, I believe.

The venue for the course is:

552B Qaf House
    Coventry Rd
    Small Heath
    B10 0UN

Tel: 0121 771 1894

The course will be taught every Sunday ĖTime: 10:00am till 12:15pm

The course will be taught by Dr Muhammad Ibrahim Surty, Senior Lecturer, CSIC, University of Birmingham.

This course is highly recommended by a lot of people I know. Therefore definitely go for it if possible.

Wasalaam
    If a person wants to measure his nearness to Allah, he should apply the following formula given by Shaykh Gangohi:

ďA personís nearness to Allah is proportional to his distance from his own ego and self [nafs].Ē

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Sultan Bahu Trust are going to hold some alim and alimah classes every weekend.

The first class is going to start on 1st April.

Cost: £5 a week.

Sultan Bahu Trust
    17-21 Ombersley Road
    Balsall Heath
    Birmingham
    B12 8UT

The course is taught by Shaikh Amjad, I don't know his full name, he studied eight years in Syria maashallah, he is also a graduate of Manchester uni Alhamdu Lillah and he is highly recommended by Shaikh Nuh Haa Mim Keller and Shaikh Jibrail Hadaad

For further details please contact Brother Ejaz on 0121 440 4096

Also Sultan Bahu might have some summer courses (if u r a student currently then these summer classes will be very convenient for you inshallah) Therefore, if you are interested then do contact them inshallah.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Salaam

There is another place for sisters only, where they hold alimah classes. I donít know the address but itís in Small Heath, Coventry Rd opposite Al-Halal supermarket.

As well as an alimah course, they also hold fiqh classes, tajweed classes and classes for children.

Itís basically a branch of Al-Kawthar academy in Small Heath for sisters. (www.alkawtharacademy.org)

For further details please pm me so I can give you the number of the alimah as I feel it is inappropriate for me to put up a private number.

Wasalaam

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Salaam

JazakAllah brother.

The Muath Centre- http://muathtrust.org/contents/index.asp

The Muath Centre sometimes hold classes for brothers and sisters in the summer.

However they definitely hold classes for brothers and sisters such as tajweed classes during the academic year.

Wasalaam
    Last edited by muslim forever; 26-03-2006 at 08:10 PM.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

salams all

Faizan-e-Rasool Institute has been running Alim / Alimah courses for nearly three years now. The graduates tend to proceed to takhassus in Syria.

They have three classes for brothers of different levels (after fajr, mornings and 6-9pm evenings weekdays). There is a class for sisters on Sundays between 3-7pm (Tajweed, Arabic, Aqida and Hanafi fiqh). Afterwards, there is an open lesson in Shama'il, tafsir as well as dhikr (7.15-9pm), which most of the sisters stay for.

The sister had asked about aqida specifically. The aqida lessons are clear and well taught - using Shaykh Salih Farfur's introductory book ar-Risalat un-Nafi'a with further explanations from Imam Sawi's commentary on the Jawharat ut-Tahid.

Courses are in English / Urdu taught by Allama Sa'eedi, who has been teaching the sacred sciences for over 20 years in Pakistan, the Middle East and the UK. The sisters class has three teachers. The standard is high, masha-allah.

The address is: 97 Drews Lane, Ward End, Birmingham. 01213268465

love4all!!

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Asalaam Alaikum!

MahshaAllah I never knew there were so many institutions in Birmingham!

Jazaakumullahu Khayraan everyone.

I just pray Allah grants us all the tawfeeq to sincerely seek knowledge for His sake, and that He (swt) makes it easy for all of us.

There are Friday dhikr gatherings at Kanz-ul Huda in Sparkhill. The address is: 108 Newton Road,
    Sparkhill,
    Birmingham.

I don't know much about the details, but I've heard these gatherings are really beneficial. At the momment, they're going through Ihya ulum ud deen by Imam Al Ghazali.

There are several other classes going on at Kanz-ul Huda, taught by Shaykh Saqib, who I believe has also studied in Syria.

Apart from this, there are arabic classes going on at Dar-us Salam on Coventry road, every Saturday between 1.30pm until 3.30pm. They cost £20 per person for 1 month. They're approaching the end of the first book; A gateway to learning arabic (i think thats the title- can't remember). I only joined the class last week, but Alhamdulillah the sister was really encouraging and said that we'd easily catch up.. insha'Allah. Just one peice of advice though, as Shaykh Muhammed Al Shareef said in one of his lectures, it is better to memmorise/familiarise yourself with the Quran first, then learn arabic. This is because what tends to happen is people rush into learning arabic so they can understand the Quran better, but once they've learnt arabic, their zeal to understand the Quran has finished. He gave the analogy, that you're waiting to eat a buffet, but you line up in the queue to get a plate, and once you got your plate, you just go sit down and forget about the food. The food being the treasures of the Quran.

So, inshaAllah the key thing is to keep our aims and goals in mind, which is to get closer to Allah, and to seek His pleasure.

Wasalaam

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Water
    Asalaam Alaikum!

MahshaAllah I never knew there were so many institutions in Birmingham!

Jazaakumullahu Khayraan everyone.
    Salaam

I know, Subhanallah Maashallah I am surprised to see that there are so many institutions in Birmingham!

You can also study Arabic in Gamkol Sharif Mosque. However, the classes have started but if u are really interested then contact them to find out when the new classes are gonna begin.

The course is taught by Shaikh Amjad. Its the same shaykh who is going to be teaching the alim and alimah course at Sultan Bahu.

This course is taught in the evenings only (I think).

Gamkol Sharif (Mosque)
    107 - 113 Golden Hillock Road
    Small Heath
    Birmingham
    B10 0DX
    Tel: 0121 773 7277

Wasalaam