Translated by sidi abu hasan from *********.
1. zamīn o zamāN tumhāre liye; makīn o makāN tumhāre liye
chunīn o chunāN tumhāre liye; baney do jahāN tumhāre liye.
2. dahan meiN zubāN tumhāre liye; badan meiN jāN tumhāre liye
hum āye yahāN tumhāre liye; uTheN bhi wahāN tumhāre liye
3. kalīm o najī, masīĥ o şafī, khalīl o razī, rasūl o nabī
áţīq o waşī, ghaniyy o áli sanā ki zubāN tumhāre liye
4. tumhāri chamak; tumhāri damak; tumhāri jhalak tumhāri mahak
zamīn o falak; simāk o samak meiN sikka nishāN tumhāre liye
5. ye shams o qamar ye shām o sahar ye barg o shajar ye bāgh o samar
ye tegh o sipar ye tāj o kamar ye ĥukm rawāN tumhāre liye
6. ye fayz diye wo jūd kiye ke nām liye zamāna jiye
jahāN ne liye tumhāre diye ye ikrāmiyāN tumhāre liye
7. siĥāb e karam rawāna kiye, ke āb niám zamāna piye
jo rak’hte the hum wo chāk siye, ye satr e badāN tumhāre liye
8. átāye irab, jilāye karab fuyūz ájab baghayr ţalab
ye raĥmat e rabb hai kis ke sabab, bi rabb e jahāN tumhāre liye
9. na jinn o bashar ke āTh pahar malāyikah dar pe basta kamar
na jib’hā o sar, ke qalb o jigar, haiN sajdah kunāN tumhāre liye
10. jināN meiN chaman chaman meiN saman; saman meiN phaban, phaban meiN dulhan
sazāye miĥan pe ayse minan ye amn o amāN tumhāre liye
11. khalīl o najī masīĥ o şafī sabhī se kahī kahīN bhi banī
ye be khabari ke khalq phirī kahāN se kahāN tumhāre liye
12. ishāre se chānd chīr diyā ; chupey huwey khur ko pher liyā
gaye huwe din ko ásr kiyā; ye tāb o tawāN tumhāre liye
13. sabā wo chale ke bāgh phale wo phool khile ke din hoN bhale
liwā ke tale sanā meiN khule razā ki zabāN tumhāre liye
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Total posts: 401
Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:54 pm Post subject: Re: Zameen o Zamaan tumhaarey liye
a hurried translation:
may Allah make this beautiful night a blessing for us all in this world and the hereafter. may Allah forgive us all our sins and make us worthy of His pleasure. For the sake of RasulAllah Sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam.
greetings to all on the night of mawlid :
1. The earth and the age are made for thy sake; the dwellers and their abodes are made for thee // the 'why' and 'how' (knowledge) is there for thee; this world and the next are also for thee!
2. The tongue in our mouth is made for thee; this soul in our bodies is made for thee // we came here, were born for thy sake; we rise on that day [hereafter] for thy sake.
3. Mūsā, Nūĥ, Ýīsā, Ādam, Ibrāhim, Ismāýīl; all the Messengers and all the Prophets (álayhimu’ş şalawāt wa’t taslīm) // Abu Bakr and Úmar; Úthmān and Áli (rađiyAllāhu ánhum) praise thee!
4. It is your light; and your radiance; it is thy sparkle and thy perfume // in the earth and in the heavens; in the stars and the skies [simāk is constellation; samak is the roof or the sky]
5. For thee is this sun; and thine is the moon; this night and the day; the plants and the trees; the gardens and fruits // For you is the sword, for you the soldier; the crown and the power are all for thee.
6. These blessings and grants; your favors abound; the world lives on by uttering your name // The world takes thy charity; and all these honors are granted for thy sake!
7. You sent the clouds of mercy for the world to drink in the water of blessings // You mended the tears in our clothes, and covered our shame, our sins for us.
8. Billions of bounties; banishing our agony; and wondrous blessings without even asking // All this mercy of the Lord is for whose sake? For thee my master, by the Lord of the Worlds!
9. Not just men and jinn; but angels too throughout the day [and night] stand in your service // It is not foreheads and heads that prostrate; but our hearts that fall down in reverence for thee!
10. Gardens in paradise; and in those gardens are groves; and the groves are adorned and in those adornments are beautiful brides! // The fruit of labor is thus rewarded! tranquillity and peace is thus granted for thy sake!
11. Ibrāhīm, Nūĥ; Ýīsā and Ādam; we went to all of them to help us but they couldn’t // And the entire creation is made to turn towards thee, and this glory is only for thee!
12. You split the moon with a gesture; you brought back the sun // You restored the day back to evening after it had set; these lights and illumination are all for thee!
13. The swift breeze blows for the gardens to blossom; the flowers bloom for our days to be pleasing // and under the Standard, may Raza's open his mouth only to praise thee, my master!