Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I almost got shot!!!

Madhhab
    Hanafi

SubhanAllah life is so short.

Alhamdulilah you are ok.
    Last edited by ~*Devoted_to_Islam*~; 04-11-2006 at 08:44 AM.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

you are safe. What saddens me is that when ever we are saved from a clamity, why is it that we tend to forget the favour that Allah has bestowed upon as so quickly? we sink back into our sinful ways as if nothing had ever happened.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default salamz

assaalamu alaikum

may Allah save you brother. Amin

As far as i can see, all over the world muslims have been suffering for ages.:-s Allah subhanahu wa taala is warning us kindly, we should improve ourself. Why should we depend on kuffar? Shaykh Habib Al Jifri says "why dont muslims produce a car? We all depend on kuffar, why can we not have a better eceonomy in our motherland? "

may Allah keep us on the right path! May Allah give us strength to bear against kuffar! Amin

massalamah

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by abdushakur View Post
    Brother, what area did the potential shooting take place at?

I agree with the sister above...it may have simply been a replica gun or even an airgun...even police find it hard to differentiate between the two on the streets these days.
    There are a lot of people who enjoy frightening others by flashing guns/replicas and firing off air pellets.
    Even though firing air pellets at someone is still illegal i suppose if it was an air gun they pointed at you "for a laff" it sort of makes you feel better that it wasn't a real gun and they weren't gunning for your life, but simply trying to make you jump.
    Yes i've been thinking of that. I'm sure it wasn't a pellet gun. But i'm not sure if it was a real gun or fake. But i don't think i would have wanted to try it though.

If i tell the police, what can i say?? I didn't a get a close enough look at the drivers to know what their or hair colour was etc. All i know that it was a mini-van-white but i know not the number plate.
    There wasn't anybody around at the time apart from the ones in the cars that came after.

I doubt the police is even going to take it seriously.

Btw, it was in North-east london.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Assalamualikum,

May Allah protect you, brother. In everything test, fear, affliction there is a reward or Allah erases some sin from such person(hadith). Will remember you in my duas.

Sura Yaseen is the heart of the Quran. It has been unanimously accepted by all schools of thought that this Sura is very effective to be recited to invoke the Mercy of God. Yaseen is also one of the names of the Holy Prophet (pbuhf. Used for protection against enemies of Islam.

He who recites ‘Surah Ikhlas’ at the time of his death, is protected from the torment in the Grave, and on the Day of Judgement, the Angels wil hold him by his hand and lead him across the As-Sirat (The Bridge) (Tabrani)

If anyone memorizes the last ten Surah’s of the Qur’an he will be protected form the turmoil of the Ad- Dajjal. (Muslim)

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) used to recite the last three Surah’s of the Qur’an every night before going to bed. He would cup his hands together and blow over them after reciting them. Then he would rub his palms all over his head, face an those parts of his capital body that his hands could reach. 3 times. (Muslim)

When you go to your bed recite Ayat al- Kursi for their will be a guard from Allah who will protect you all night and Satan will not be able to come near you till dawn. (Bukhari)

http://www.*********/namaz.htm

w.salam
    "The Lord and Cherisher of the worlds, Who created me, and it is He Who guides me" - Ash-shu'araa: 77-78

Madhhab
    Maliki

If anyone memorizes the last ten Surah’s of the Qur’an he will be protected form the turmoil of the Ad- Dajjal. (Muslim)
    i thought it was the first 10 of surah kahf?

If i tell the police, what can i say?? I didn't a get a close enough look at the drivers to know what their or hair colour was etc. All i know that it was a mini-van-white but i know not the number plate.
    There wasn't anybody around at the time apart from the ones in the cars that came after
    still report it. after jack straw's idiotic comments we had our window smashed. we didnt even have a description but we reported it anyway and the officer who checked it out was sympathetic. if nothing else it will document the rise of islamophobic/racist crime

Madhhab
    Maliki

salaams

Alhamdulillah - May Allah Tala protect you brother - I hope you are alright and recover from your experience. Unfortunately - Islamphobic attacks are on the rise, in Europe and the USA - and other parts of the west.

You must contact the police and report this incident - so that it is recorded and also contact the racial equlaity council in the very least - you may want to contact some media outlets so that ppl are aware of such incidents are happening.

I wanted to ask a favour, would be OK to copy this incident onto another forum - we are collecting islamphobic incidents - if I can let me know. JZK

I thought it was the first 10 of surah kahf?
    yep - that is right - it is the first ten - important to learn it by heart, especially in this day and age..

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I'd say there's a slight difference between islamaphobic and racist attacks.

If the brother says that he was wearing normal clothes and only his 'face' would give away him being *asian* then what makes you think it was islamaphobic?

Madhhab
    Maliki

If the brother says that he was wearing normal clothes and only his 'face' would give away him being *asian* then what makes you think it was islamaphobic?
    i dunno... hmm.... try asking the hindus who get attacked cos ppl think they're muslim! whether it was islamophobic or racist, its still a crime.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

It's highly likely that it was a replica/airgun. This kind of prank is quite common.

But still you definitely need to report it. Even if you don't have any descriptions the police in the area will keep an eye out for any suspicious vans and if anyone else reports it they will step up their vigilance and may even stop & search all white mini-vans.

They take gun crime very seriously. Once, I found myself staring down the gun barrel of an armed response unit when someone mistakenly reported we had a gun in the car.