Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Kitab al-Athar of Imam Abu Hanifah

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default The Kitab al-Athar of Imam Abu Hanifah

The new publication from Turath Publishing, The Kitab al-Athar of Imam Abu Hanifah is now ready and will soon be available on sale.

The Kitab al-Athar of Imam Abu Hanifah In the narration of Imam Muhammad Ibn al-Hasan ash-Shaybani

The Kitab al-Athar was the first book composed in Islam after the generation of the Companions. Al-Imam al-A’zam Abu Hanifah Nu’man ibn Thabit wrote it. It comprises Ahadith that connect directly back to the Messenger of Allah sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam (marfu’), those which stop short at a Companion or one of the Followers (mawquf) and those which are attributed to the Messenger sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam directly by one of the Followers or Followers of the Followers without attribution to a Companion (mursal).

His companions Imam Abu Yusuf, Imam Zufar, Imam Muhammad, Imam al-Hasan ibn Ziyad, Imam Hammad ibn Abi Hanifah the Imam’s son, Hafs ibn Ghiyath and others narrated it from him.

In the version before us, Imam Muhammad, himself a mujtahid, narrated each tradition from Imam Abu Hanifah and then followed each with some explanatory material, sometimes confirming and occasionally differing with his Imam.

The explanatory footnotes to this text are the work of the contemporary scholar Hafiz Riyad Ahmad from Multan in Pakistan.

Translated by Abdussamad Clarke

Edited by: Mufti 'Abdur Rahman Ibn Yusuf, Shaykh Muhammad Akram (Oxford Centre of Islamic Studies), Safira Batha (English editing)

Available for those in the UK & Europe at Azhar Academy

Available at Al-Rashad for those in the US or Canada

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Nice, shall buy it =)

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Nu'ayman ibn Amr View Post

The new publication from Turath Publishing, The Kitab al-Athar of Imam Abu Hanifah is now ready and will soon be available on sale.

The Kitab al-Athar of Imam Abu Hanifah In the narration of Imam Muhammad Ibn al-Hasan ash-Shaybani

The Kitab al-Athar was the first book composed in Islam after the generation of the Companions. Al-Imam al-A’zam Abu Hanifah Nu’man ibn Thabit wrote it. It comprises Ahadith that connect directly back to the Messenger of Allah sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam (marfu’), those which stop short at a Companion or one of the Followers (mawquf) and those which are attributed to the Messenger sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam directly by one of the Followers or Followers of the Followers without attribution to a Companion (mursal).

His companions Imam Abu Yusuf, Imam Zufar, Imam Muhammad, Imam al-Hasan ibn Ziyad, Imam Hammad ibn Abi Hanifah the Imam’s son, Hafs ibn Ghiyath and others narrated it from him.

In the version before us, Imam Muhammad, himself a mujtahid, narrated each tradition from Imam Abu Hanifah and then followed each with some explanatory material, sometimes confirming and occasionally differing with his Imam.

The explanatory footnotes to this text are the work of the contemporary scholar Hafiz Riyad Ahmad from Multan in Pakistan.

Translated by Abdussamad Clarke

Edited by: Mufti 'Abdur Rahman Ibn Yusuf, Shaykh Muhammad Akram (Oxford Centre of Islamic Studies), Safira Batha (English editing)

Available for those in the UK & Europe at Azhar Academy

Available at Al-Rashad for those in the US or Canada

Wa alaikum salam

Excellent! Do you know if Athar al-Sunan of Imam al-Nimawi is due out soon?

Shukran

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Sunni Muslim View Post
    Wa alaikum salam

Excellent! Do you know if Athar al-Sunan of Imam al-Nimawi is due out soon?

Shukran

I don't know about at the moment, unfortunately. Turath Publishing have some very beneficial translations planned, particularly for those who follow the Hanafi Math-hab.

Apart from those listed on the website, the commentary of the Mu'atta of Imam Muhammad, at-Ta'liq al-Mumajjad by Allamah Abd al-Hayy Lucknawi and Dars e Tirmidhi of Mufti Taqi Uthmani hafizahullah are both being translated.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

JazakAllah Khair for informing us.

But is this book for the laymen like me i.e. does it have commentry too?? And can i read it or would it be disliked since i'm no scholar??

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by loveProphet View Post

JazakAllah Khair for informing us.

But is this book for the laymen like me i.e. does it have commentry too?? And can i read it or would it be disliked since i'm no scholar??

I haven't seen the book yet but the text has explanatory footnotes. I'm not sure how extensive they will be though.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Seeing as no one has mentioned it on this site yet ..

The new publication from White Thread Press , Saviours of Islamic Spirit - 10 CD set by Shaykh Abdur Rahman Ibn Yusuf is also now available.

These lectures are based on the acclaimed work of the late Shaykh Abul Hasan Ali al-Nadwi

Available at:

Azhar Academy - UK & Europe

Al Rashad - North America

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Can we get the Kitab ul Asar, Imam Abu Hanfia RA online for free... like most other books?
    من سب الصحابة ومعاوية فأمه هاوية
    وما أدراك ما هيه، نار حامية

Why would Allah punish you if you had thanked (Him) and had believed (in Him). And Allah is Ever All Appreciative (of good), All Knowing. Nisa - 147

Visit Al-Burhan at yahoo groups, browse the archive

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: The Kitab al-Athar of Imam Abu Hanifah

Quote Originally Posted by Nu'ayman ibn Amr View Post

I don't know about at the moment, unfortunately. Turath Publishing have some very beneficial translations planned, particularly for those who follow the Hanafi Math-hab.

Apart from those listed on the website, the commentary of the Mu'atta of Imam Muhammad, at-Ta'liq al-Mumajjad by Allamah Abd al-Hayy Lucknawi and Dars e Tirmidhi of Mufti Taqi Uthmani hafizahullah are both being translated.

Are they (Turath Pub.) currently working on the commantary of Muwatta Imam Muhammad; Taliq al Mujammad ?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: The Kitab al-Athar of Imam Abu Hanifah

Quote Originally Posted by nuaym View Post
    Are they (Turath Pub.) currently working on the commantary of Muwatta Imam Muhammad; Taliq al Mujammad ?

As far as I'm aware, they aren't. They will be translating the footnotes and takhrij by Mufti Rashid A'zami of Darul 'Ulum Deoband
    Last edited by Nu'ayman ibn Amr; 27-09-2008 at 12:00 PM.