ACTS WHICH SPIRITUALLY INVALIDATE THE FAST
Certain acts while not breaking the fast, invalidate the benefits and rewards of the fast. Such acts are:
· Gheebat (gossip, speaking ill of others, back-biting and the like).
· Futile talk which is of no worldly benefit nor benefit in the Aakhirah.
· Sins in general.
· Quarrelling, abusing and fighting.
· Excessive eating, especially at the time of Iftaar.
· Foregoing Sehri (the late night meal).
· Participating in sport.
from: AWAKE - To the call of Islam