Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ANSWERED: The arabic language in Jannah

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default The arabic language in Jannah

I have heard some people say otherwise. (Maybe due to the weakness of the hadith.) So could anyone give their stance with their dalil?

Ibn Abbas narrates that Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam said :
    "Love the Arabs for 3 things :
    1. because I am an Arab,
    2. the Quran is in Arabic and
    3. the language of the people of jannat is Arabic." (Baihaqi in Shuabul Iman.)

The love of Nabi Sallallahu alaihi wasallam is a part of Iman. He said that none of you can become perfect believers unless he loves me more than his parents, children and all the people. When a person loves someone, then all things associated with him are also loved by him. If the walls can be kissed for the love of Layla, then which aspect of Nabi Sallallahu alaihi "wasallam will not be in the heart of a Muslim.

Majnoon the poet, says in a couplet that when he passes the city of Lay la, his beloved, he kisses the walls of the city. It is not the love of the city that has made him do this, but the love of the one who lives in the city. Tha'alibi writes in Fiqhul Lughah that the one who loves Allah will most certainly love his Messenger and whoever loves his Messenger will love the Arabs. The one who loves the Arabs will definitely love Arabic, the language of the best of books (the Quran), revealed to the noblest of Messengers. Whoever loves Arabic will devote his attention to it.

Salman Radiallahu anhu was a beloved Sahabi (companion) of Nabi Sallallahu alaihi "wasallam. Notwithstanding his elevated status in the eyes of Nabi Sallallahu alaihi wasallam, he said to him : "Do not have hatred for me otherwise you will lose your Deen." Salman asked in surprise as to how he could have hatred for him, especially when he received guidance from him. Nabi Sallallahu alaihi -wasallam replied that if he began hating the Arabs, it would lead to having hatred for him.

10 Baihaqi in Shuabul Iman.

http://www.iberr.co.za/virtueofarabic.htm
    And also:

The language of Jannah will be Arabic. (Virtues of Arabic pg.8;
    Azaadville)
    http://www.islam.tc/ask-imam/view.php?q=3470

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I'm sure our respected Ulema will be able to provide an adqeuate answer... but I'm just perplexed at times and why such questioning is felt important? I don't believe it will affect our struggle for Akhira in anyway? And I believe it's also from the etiquette of deen to not question everything? Allahu Alam.

I think during Ramadhan the ulema would probably prefer a break, too.
    See: http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1650

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Salaam, I personally know someone, who has tendencies to think, that just because he's arab, he's better...I mean I believe he feels this way because he's arab like the prophet(saw)...and I feel reading hadith like the one above, he gets the wrong understanding, it gets me so mad, I don't know what to do..

(this was just an aside)

Salaam

Madhhab
    Hanafi

As Salaamu Alaykum,

As far as I remember, I cannot recall the language of Jannah to be any other than Arabic. The Hadeeth which this is taken from is the one that has been mentioned.

It would be more appropriate to ask those people to bring their Dalaail who class the language of Jannah to be other than Arabic.

Neverthess, if anyone here is aware of a Hadeeth with a weak chain of naration implying this, it would be very helpful if they could provide us with the reference, and if the reference is not know, then to at least let us know that they have read such a Hadeeth or statement.

It is common for people to talk about that which they do not know, therefore we should act upon the Hadeeth of the Prophet Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam and be aware from who we take our Deen/Lnowledge.

Wasalaam
    "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Retired
    Madhhab
    Maliki

Quote Originally Posted by Waqqas
    Salaam, I personally know someone, who has tendencies to think, that just because he's arab, he's better...I mean I believe he feels this way because he's arab like the prophet(saw)...and I feel reading hadith like the one above, he gets the wrong understanding, it gets me so mad, I don't know what to do..

(this was just an aside)

Salaam
    Show him the Prophet's (pbuh) last sermon?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Salaam, good idea..

The prophet(pbuh) said in his last khutbah:

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black, nor a black has any superiority over a white- except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood."

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Saleel

I'm sure our respected Ulema will be able to provide an adqeuate answer... but I'm just perplexed at times and why such questioning is felt important? I don't believe it will affect our struggle for Akhira in anyway? And I believe it's also from the etiquette of deen to not question everything? Allahu Alam.

I think during Ramadhan the ulema would probably prefer a break, too.
    See: http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1650

Sorry, didnt saw that thread.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Pako
    Sorry, didnt saw that thread.
    Salaams Bro,

it's not a problem, i think the Ulamaa wanted to take a well deserved break. But seeing as i haven't really been helping out Brother Ziad and the other active answerers, i'm sure i can do part of it now.

Well, i hope you have received the answer to your question. But if not, please clarify what part you want answering. Jazakallah.

Wasalaam
    "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Madhhab
    Maliki

as salamu alaykum

while i can't comment on the particular hadith, in my humble opinion, i would not at all be surprised if the language of Jannah was indeed arabic (besides the fact that i was taught this), for many reasons:

1. Allah revealed the Qur'an in arabic

2. The Qur'an is the Word of Allah

3. Arabic is a beautiful language (the proof being the Qur'an) in spoken and written form.

4. the last prophet (s) of Allah spoke it - and he is the best of creation...

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I've also came across and read that our questioning in the grave will be done in Arabic....Did anyone else also come across that?
    “To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return”