Thread: Salafi kids website...

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Default Salafi kids website...

I was browsing the net for some Islamic sites for children for a friend of mine when I came across this one with a test of Islamic knowledge:

Check out question number five:

http://members.aol.com/call2truth/q5.html

Question 5

5) There are 6 pillars of faith that every Muslim must believe in. Here are 5 of them.

1) Belief in Allaah, and that we will meet Him

2) Belief in Allaah's angels

3) Belief in Allaah's books

4) Belief in the Last Day and resurrection after death

5) Belief in qadar (We believe everything in this world happens by the will of Allaah, whether it is good or bad)

Five of the six pillars of faith have been given. Which one is missing?

a) Belief in astrology

b) Belief in praying to Prophet Muhammad (may peace and blessings be upon him)

c) Belief in Allaah's Messengers

d) Belief that we must blindly follow one of the four Imaams (Shaafi'i, Hanbali, Maliki, Hanafi) in everything that they said

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

I'll post my score later... hahaha

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Question #1 is interesting, too "Where is Allaah?"

La Hawla wa la quwwata illah bIllah

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Man these "salafis" are doing crazy things and spreading lots of bida'h, especially in Aqeedah!! They're obsessed with us lol. I reckon they can't sleep all night long cause they're scheming to get "rid" of us or guide us(according to them).
    AstaghfirUllah.

Banned
    Madhhab
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Dawood82 View Post
    Question #1 is interesting, too "Where is Allaah?"

La Hawla wa la quwwata illah bIllah
    what did u mean it was not there?

and if somebody asks it whats so wrong with it? can u ask a shara'i hukm about it?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Salafi
    and if somebody asks it whats so wrong with it?
    Asking a child or someone that is easily influenced can be very confused by what the question is asking.

That site is asking the children 'Where is Allah?' That will get the child to think. Most children because we raise our hands in prayers and make dua'ah and some people look up when praying that children get the idea in their heads that Allah is UP, Allah is in the sky, way way way up up up at the very utmost top, to the end.

By challenging the children you end up making them confused and lost more than they ever were before. You are trying to start young that they need to know Allah is here and in a certain place at all times. But by LIMITING Allah to one certain place you're just doing exactly that by LIMITING HIM! When Allah is beyond all limits so by teaching your child or asking that question you're confusing them.

I'm sure as they grow older they'll learn and realize yet by then it could be too late and it could already be programmed in their brains of certain things certain ways and that's our fault for not seeing it earlier and showing them from the beginning.

I'm sure the site has good intentions because they probably want the kids to learn about Islam in a fun way but perhaps going about it in the wrong way and asking the wrong questions.

Allahu Alim

Banned
    Madhhab
    None

Quote Originally Posted by UmmIbrahimIsa View Post
    Asking a child or someone that is easily influenced can be very confused by what the question is asking.

That site is asking the children 'Where is Allah?' That will get the child to think. Most children because we raise our hands in prayers and make dua'ah and some people look up when praying that children get the idea in their heads that Allah is UP, Allah is in the sky, way way way up up up at the very utmost top, to the end.

By challenging the children you end up making them confused and lost more than they ever were before. You are trying to start young that they need to know Allah is here and in a certain place at all times. But by LIMITING Allah to one certain place you're just doing exactly that by LIMITING HIM! When Allah is beyond all limits so by teaching your child or asking that question you're confusing them.

I'm sure as they grow older they'll learn and realize yet by then it could be too late and it could already be programmed in their brains of certain things certain ways and that's our fault for not seeing it earlier and showing them from the beginning.

I'm sure the site has good intentions because they probably want the kids to learn about Islam in a fun way but perhaps going about it in the wrong way and asking the wrong questions.

Allahu Alim
    is this is a shara'i ruling? or its ur opinion.
    if i remember correctly Prophet saw 'asked it to a slave woman' whose islam was not confirm at that moment (Sahih Muslim kitabus salat). i have no intention to discuss her answer. one can interpret it in his/her own way.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Salafi View Post
    is this is a shara'i ruling? or its ur opinion.
    if i remember correctly Prophet saw 'asked it to a slave woman' whose islam was not confirm at that moment (Sahih Muslim kitabus salat). i have no intention to discuss her answer. one can interpret it in his/her own way.
    Asking a woman 'where is Allah', and asking a 'kid' is two separate things!

If you asked me, where is Allah, it wouldn't be a problem. If I was a non-muslim or a muslim who never stressed the question... I would think about the question, and look for reasonable answers, study and research and than give you an answer.

If you ask a child, where is Allah, it will only confuse him since he is not fully capable to answer such questions. Though, because the mind is growing this is the best time to program the kids to think however you want them to think. This is why asking such questions is harmful, especially when the late scholars and majority of the ulema's have a difference of opinion on this issue.

If you want you're children to follow salafi than teach them while they are young but its not cool to mold your creeds into questions for kids that have nothing to do with salafi. Their parents have taught them differently than you
    re parents have taught you.

I'm sure you would feel the same way, if some hanafi scholar/student wrote a children book and asked questions in regards to Allah (SWT) and the Prophet, and the answers expected is based on Hanafi Madhab. Though the author of this so called book or online test, never really gave such information on what their stance is, it only said if you don't believe in so and so (hanafis believe) you are following the wrong path.

Anyways, no hard feelings.

Wa-salaam
    "Women will no longer be able to give birth to the likes of Khalid bin Al-Waleed."
    [Abu Bakr]

"I die even as a camel dies. I die in bed, in shame. May the eyes of cowards never find rest in sleep!"
    Last Words of Khalid bin Al-Waleed, Sword of Allah

Banned
    Madhhab
    None

actually mam said : someone that is easily influenced can be very confused by what the question is asking.