almost finished reading 'the letters of maulana saeed ahmed khan saheb' - its a must read.
have ordered 'Travels of Ibn Jubayr - Tr. J. C. Broadhurst' expected in 1 week
next on list is a new book by Hadrath Muhi us Sunnah Maulana Sa'ad Saheb Kandhlavi [at-least its new on idarastore] titled 'Masjid ki Aabaadi ki mehnat' [Effort of populating the masjids] and 'the Muslims in Spain' by stanley lane pool.
Last edited by pluto; 26-06-2012 at 08:06 PM.
"Kash ! Main ek darakht hota jise kaat diya jata.(Ibne majah)".[abu dharr(Radhiyallahu anhu)]
yet to get the book of ml saad will get back to you on that..........
get your hands on man eaters of kumaon by jim corbett if you can - its brilliant non-fiction-adventure.
I received these two books from Pakistan..by Hazrat Maulana Qadhi Muhammed Zahid Al Hussaini .. i dont know why but even before i read these i have developed a deep love for the respected author.. May Allah grant him firdaus..
1. Rahmat e Kaiyinaat
2. Chiragh e Muhammed (salallahu alaihi wasallam)
The following is a list of his works.. would be appreciable if someone posts a review..
1. Dars Qur'an Majeed kamil (28 volumes)
2. Asaan Tafseer Qur'an Majeed (surah Baqarah - surah al a'araf)
3. Tadhkiratul Mufassireen ( a biography on more than 600 Mufassireen, a first of its kind in urdu)
4. Anwar Al Hadeeth (6 volumes)
5. Rahmat e Kayinat (salallahu alaihi wa sallam) (on Aqeedah Hayat un Nabi salallahu alaihi wasallam and the veiws of Ulema e Deoband)
6. Chiragh e Muhammed ( a detailed Biography of Shaikh ul Islam Hazrat Maulana Syed Hussain Ahmed Madani sahab Nawwar allahu marqadahu)
7. Ba Muhammed Ba Waqar ( a complete book on the rights of our Beloved Nabi salallahu alaihi wasallam on the ummah and the punishment for blasphemy)
8. Najaat e Darain ( a complete book on islamic Tasawwuf)
9. Damaan e Rahmat ( a potion of mujarrab duas for peace and tranquility for the depressed humanity)
10. Ruhani Tohfah (a summary of all the writings of Imam Ghazzali (rah) )
11. Aaghosh e Rahmat (the famous book Al Hizb ul Azam with complete translation)
12. Dars Surah fatiha
13. Dars Hadeeth Jibrael ( a simple yet complete and comprehensive summary on Islam, Iman and Ihsan )
14. Saath Khush Naseeb ( those fortunate who shall be under the shadow of Arsh on the day of judgment)
15. Muhsin e Azam ( a detailed Maj'mua of 4 duroos of the Quranic ayats on the hallowed rank of Imam al Ambiya salallahu alaihi wasallam.
16. Anwar Ar Rasheed fi Bayan Huqooq Al Ma'bood wal Abeed ( essential hikayaat on Huqooq Allah and Huqooq al Ibad)
17. Faraidh Walidain ( the ahkamaat practising which.. children would turn obedient)
18. Zill Rahmani (a book on the amaal which could save from the blazing heat of the aakhirah)
19. Husaini Namaaz ( a book on the masail of salah with diagrams)
20. Ta'arruf Darul uloom Deoband ( a breif introduction )
21. Barkat e Wudhu ( a detailed work on the barakaat and masail of wudhu )
Last edited by dr76; 30-06-2012 at 06:42 AM.
I just started reading The Path of Muhammad by Imam Birgivi
I dont feel too comfortable about this book, just the cover picture made me reluctant to read it. But anyway, can anyone tell me if this book is accurate? Because some of the stuff it says seems very doubtful to me, and I dont see a lot of bukhari/muslims hadith sources but a lot of others like Ibn Adiy, Tabarani, Hakim, Tahrani, Bayhaqi, Bazzaz, Mujahid, etc....
So exactly how reliable is this book?