If you have studied the 3 Volumed Madinah Arabic books, here's a grammer test for Book One.
The following 20 questions were prepared for the female students at www.alimahprogram.org to prepare them for their upcoming March, 2007 semester final test. See how many you can answer. They are tricky! Best of luck!
TWENTY GRAMMER QUESTIONS FROM BOOK ONE
- The sound masculine plural has which ending?
- The sound feminine plural has which ending?
- What is the difference between the singular feminine word with a round Taa and sound feminine plural form?
- In which forms of the 14 forms of the Madhi Verb, the letter Alif is written but not pronounced?
- Mention the plural pronoun for which the letter Waw is written but not pronounced?
- Which nouns do not take a Tanween? (Minimum 3)
- Why does the word Nuhun (also name of the famous prophet) have a Tanween when it shouldn’t?
- Give me an example in where there is an adjective of the Mudhaf.
- Write down an example where Ayyun is in the accusative case.
- What are the two plurals for the word donkey?
- Give me an example which has an adjective qualifying a dual noun.
- Give me an example of a noun where the letter Alif is written but not pronounced.
- Give me two examples of feminine nouns which do not have a round Taa.
- Give me two examples of a feminine proper noun without a round Taa.
- Give me an example of a noun in which the Hamzatul Wasl is dropped when joined with another word.
- Which letter, when used with a noun having the Alif Laam i.e. AL, the Alif of AL is dropped?
- Which preposition, when attached to a pronoun, takes a Fathah?
- Cite an example of a noun which has the possessive pronoun of the first person attached to it.
- When is Tanween omitted from a noun? (Minimum 3 reasons.)
- Mention 2 masculine proper nouns which have the round Taa ending.