Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Islamic Schools (k-12) in USA

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Best Islamic Schools (k-12) in USA

As-salam-mu-alaikum.

Being a parent I am concerned about giving the best possible education in an Islamic environment. I am willing to move to a mid-large city anwhere in USA if necessary. Home-schooling is not a practical choice for us. I would like to get some feedback on which Islamic schools (k-12) and in which cities in the USA you know/or have heard are of excellent quality in terms of both education and Islamic tarbiyat (training).

Jaza'kallah Khair

imraan

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by iqureshi7 View Post
    As-salam-mu-alaikum.

Being a parent I am concerned about giving the best possible education in an Islamic environment. I am willing to move to a mid-large city anwhere in USA if necessary. Home-schooling is not a practical choice for us. I would like to get some feedback on which Islamic schools (k-12) and in which cities in the USA you know/or have heard are of excellent quality in terms of both education and Islamic tarbiyat (training).

Jaza'kallah Khair

imraan

Darul Loom Buffalo www.madania.org

they are accredited with the state of ny to 12th grade.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by slaveof Allaah View Post

Darul Loom Buffalo www.madania.org

they are accredited with the state of ny to 12th grade.
    From the above site:

Darul Uloom Al Madania's curriculum has been accredited by the New York State Department of Education. The secondary school board of Darul Uloom Al Madania offers classes from pre-K to grade 10. The curriculum is structured in accordance to the guidelines and standards of the New York State Department of Education.

Likewise, Darul Uloom is also affiliated with the Cambridge Academy of Correspondence in Florida (recognized by the United States Ministry of Education). Both of these programs are conducted under the supervision of qualified and dedicated teachers.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by iqureshi7 View Post
    As-salam-mu-alaikum.

Jaza'kallah Khair
    imraan
    Assalamu Alaikum,

I have taught at an Islamic High School in Chicago for four years so I have quite a bit of information on the best Islamic Schools in North America. IMHO, CPSA in Chicago has produced the best graduates. There are also two other famous Islamic High Schools in Chicago. Let me pass on their websites in order of personal choice:

1) College Preperatory School of America (CPSA): www.cpsaonline.com

2) Universal School in Chicago: http://www.universalschool.org/

3) Islamic Foundation School: http://www.ifsvp.org/

I've been to various Islamic School conferences and I'm quite sure that Chicago has the best Islamic Schools. Most Islamic Schools don't go all the way till 12th Grade.

It would be a good idea to visit Chicago with your family for a holiday and at the same time, take a good look around Chicago. If you do decide to visit Chicago, make sure the Islamic Schools are open on the days you intend to visit them.

Also, the last place you want to enroll you child for secular eductation is a Darul Uloom type institution. If your main preferance is good Secular Education, then don't enroll your child in a Darul Uloom otherwise, eventually you will be left disappointed. The amount of secular education they teach in majority of the Darul Ulooms is enough to lead a life of an Islamic Scholar. Darul Ulooms main objective is not secular education, rather, their main objective is imparting religious education. I have not come across any institution as of yet which has firmly established both types of education under one roof.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Jaza'Kallah Maulana for your help. Your points are well taken. I just wanted to have good secular education in a good islamic environment for my children. I have seen some "islamic schools" that are barely islamic in nature. It does no good to send a child to "islamic school" if the environment is similar to non islamic school. The teachers/admin need to be model/enforce islamic environment and behavior. Having a islamiyat class is not enough. I rather have an average or preferabaly better than average secular education and have good islamic environment than vice-versa.

Jaza'kallah khair for your help.

imraan

Madhhab
    None

Default What about Texas?

Does anyone have info on schools in Texas? I understand there are alot of masajid there. What about schools?

Madhhab
    Maliki

The only school I know of that get high acclaim in TX is Brighter Horizons outside of Dallas.

http://www.bhaprep.org/

hth

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by ummsalim View Post
    The only school I know of that get high acclaim in TX is Brighter Horizons outside of Dallas.

http://www.bhaprep.org/

hth
    Correct. I've lived in Irving, Texas for a year.

The following one is at the Masjid where I was at in Irving. They have till 10th Grade.

The link:
    http://school.irvingmasjid.org/

The beautiful Masjid which is attached to it:
    http://www.irvingmasjid.org/

Madhhab
    Maliki

I've been there once, masha Allah very nice Masjid and the school was very clean and bright.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

salam

i would highly discourage universal school, I've heard great things about CPSA, like almost all the members of the basketball team were hafiz of the quran Subhannallah, not to mention their secular education, where the average ACT score is 28..

salam
    Last edited by Zubair; 10-03-2007 at 03:06 PM.