Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Shaykh Khalid Yasin

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Quote Originally Posted by mujahideenryder View Post
    LOL almaghirb is probably more hated by salafis then sufis.

u should hear what troiod or spubs or the saudi's say about almaghrib

almaghrib is very mixed, most of the teachers follow a madhab and admit it. some of them support and teach a lot of sufi things

in fact, i've taken 2 classes with AlMaghrib. they aren't that salafi at all.

i'd rather have Muslims listen to Muhammad alShareef or Yaser Birjas then alBani or ibn Baz or Bilal Philips

Yasir Qadhi is prob the most hardcore salafi out of all them from AlMaghrib

for examople, Qadhi, when asked about the burdah, (i was there i heard him), he said completely stay away form it. When it was asked to Yaser Birjas, he said it is a very beautiful poem and he highly recommends it, except for a few lines.

see the big difference within the almaghrib teachers.

When it comes to the fundamentals, they are definitely salafi. They have the same aqidah with respect to the asmaa wa sifaat, tawassul, etc. as the saudi salafis, they are against organized tasawwuf, and although they follow a madhab, they reject taqlid. However, their approach is definitely better than other salafis. They are mostly nice people with good adab: they don't always call themselves salafis, they are not quick to do takfir, they return your salams, etc.

Madhhab
    None

Quote Originally Posted by godilali View Post
    When it comes to the fundamentals, they are definitely salafi. They have the same aqidah with respect to the asmaa wa sifaat, tawassul, etc. as the saudi salafis, they are against organized tasawwuf, and although they follow a madhab, they reject taqlid. However, their approach is definitely better than other salafis. They mostly pretty nice people with good adab: they don't always call themselves salafis, they are not quick to takfir, they return your salams, etc.
    Believe it or not these are the majority Salafis here in the U.S. In general, the laymen are encouraged to follow a madhab. The days of TROID and SPUBS are mostly behind us and AlMaghrib and TDC are doing a good job of bringing the community together (not just the Salafis). Btw, Bilal Philips is not a hardcore Salafi.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by _imran_ View Post
    Believe it or not these are the majority Salafis here in the U.S. In general, the laymen are encouraged to follow a madhab. The days of TROID and SPUBS are mostly behind us and AlMaghrib and TDC are doing a good job of bringing the community together (not just the Salafis). Btw, Bilal Philips is not a hardcore Salafi.
    AlMaghrib isn't full of salafis though, cuz there are few sufis who are murids of various shaykhs that take some classes, like the history class, or the fiqh of lvoe class or love notes class.

but ur right, if it wasnt for AlMaghrib or TDC, salafis would have died out.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by _imran_ View Post

Bringing which community together? Those organizations only promote and push the Salafi cause. You just need to look into lectures given by Yaser Qadhi and Waleed Basyouni to realize this. Both of them take jabs at anything sufi or kalami whenever they can. That's not very unity like at all.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by godilali View Post
    When it comes to the fundamentals, they are definitely salafi. They have the same aqidah with respect to the asmaa wa sifaat, tawassul, etc. as the saudi salafis, they are against organized tasawwuf, and although they follow a madhab, they reject taqlid. However, their approach is definitely better than other salafis. They are mostly nice people with good adab: they don't always call themselves salafis, they are not quick to do takfir, they return your salams, etc.
    I agree. =)
    Haq Char Yaar

Barelwiyyat

Ahlel Bayt

Free Books

Chand say Tashbih daina, yeh bhi koi Insaf hai
    Us kay Munh pay Chayan, Madani ka Chahra Saf hai

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by AbdulQahhar View Post
    Folks, Khalid Yasin Salafi or not, let's do some math here ok?

How many people Allah guided after Yasin's lectures?
    It's even recorded on many of these DVDs.

How many? Loads.
    How many Allah guided through our daw'ah?

Let's all do the numbers for ourselves ok?

And if something is not clear, then we should do the numbers first as I suggested, and unless we do the math first, it's not fair to accuse our bro of anything.

And believe me, I have maybe approx 12 of his DVDs and not on a single one of them he said those who come to Islam must be pick Salafi way, not once.

very well said

he is really good at giving dawah mashaAllah, may Allah taala grant him paradise amin

and also you can never say muslims who do not follow any tasawwuf way will not go into paradise. Tasawwuf is not a must, Declaring oneness of Allah taala and prophethood of Rasulullah as the last prophet is a must (FARD).

It is not good talking of salafis that much bad, sometimes they are treated as if they were kuffar astagfirullah
    Last edited by Neyzen; 10-04-2007 at 09:09 PM.
    حسبي ربي جل الله ما في قلبي غير الله نور محمد صلي الله لا اله الا الله

جئت اليك من ديار اولياء الله وانا مجرم من أمتك اشفعني يا رسول الله

ياذاالجلال والاكرام ,أ متنا على دين الإسلام و في المدينة المنورة

http://neyzencihan.spaces.live.com/

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by mujahideenryder View Post
    AlMaghrib isn't full of salafis though, cuz there are few sufis who are murids of various shaykhs that take some classes, like the history class, or the fiqh of lvoe class or love notes class.

but ur right, if it wasnt for AlMaghrib or TDC, salafis would have died out.

Although it may not seem like it, many Salafi's are starting to come back to ASWJ.

Madhhab
    None

Default Re: Shaykh Khalid Yasin

Quote Originally Posted by amina9183 View Post
    does anyone know what madhab he follows? I googled but came up with conflicting answers. One site said he is maliki, while the other said he is hanafi. And then a friend of mine said he doesnt follow a madhab and is salafi.

anyone know for sure?
    brother Khalid Yasin promoteD the teachings of the Salaf in one of his lectures but never clearly clarifies whether he himself is one or who he studied under. When I checked some of his other lectures, he twists words around. He is a great da'ee with eloquent speech just like Nouman ali khan but no firm knowledge to benefit from unfortunately. So, it's best to stay away and just follow the scholars of Ahlus sunnah wal jamaah.

'Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood radiallaahu 'anhu said:
    The Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam drew a line for us and said. "This is Allaah's Straight Path." Then he drew lines to its right and left and then said. "These ore other paths. Upon every one of them there is a devil calling towards it." Then he recited: "Indeed this is My Straight Path, so follow it, and do not follow other paths that will separate you from His Path." [Soorah al-An'aam 6:153]."
    Related by Ahmad (1/435), an-Nasaa'ee (7/49) and others. This Hadeeth was authenticated by Shaykh al-Albaanee in Dhilaalul-Jannah (no.16)

So it's our task to know the Straight Path, its People, their 'aqeedah (belief) and their MANHAJ (methodology), AND knowing also the innovations and evils which cause one to separate from this way.

I find it bizarre, that people these days come up with terms like 'ultra-salafi', 'neo-salafi', 'ok-salafi'. There is no such thing. The straight path could only be ONE. So, why are people associating anwar awlaki, bilal philips, yasir qadhi, yasin khalid and everyone with the Salafi tag? If you are salafi, then you NOT only have the correct aqeedah but also be salafi in manhaj; the same way like the Sahabas and the righteous predecessors (Salaf). Any other way, is deviating from the straight path; going to the right and left.

And for the record; AHLUS SUNNAH WAL JAMAAH IS DAWATUS SALAFIYYAH. AND DAWATUS SALAFIYYAH IS AHLUS SUNNAH WAL JAMAAH. So i dont understand people making statements like 'many salafis are starting to come back to ASWJ'???

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Salaam,

I spent sometime with Brother Khalid Yasin in Madina Munawwarah. He is a very nice brother, very serious about da'wah to non-muslims, Allah has gave him the gift of eloquent and convincing speech. May Allah reward him immensely for what efforts he has made.
    One thing should be cleared up though and that Brother Khalid Yasin is definately NOT a scholar (nor does he claim to be). I think giving the title 'scholar' to people when they are undeserving of that title is a bit of an insult to those actual 'ulama who have spent decades studying and learning the various 'uloom of this din. We should respect and treat everyone according to their status: Brother Khalid Yasin is a beautiful brother, has done ALOT of effort in the field of da'wah, and no one can deny that. But calling him (or anyone else) a scholar and holding him (or anyone else) to that level of authority is to me, a disrespect to the 'ulama of this din. Allah knows best.
    You should not hanker after excess in litanies but rather concentrate on occupying the heart with Allah’s remembrance and love. - Hadrat Aqdas Haaji Imdadullah Muhajir Makki (rah)

Madhhab
    None

Quote Originally Posted by HaajiMahjubi View Post
    Salaam,

I spent sometime with Brother Khalid Yasin in Madina Munawwarah. He is a very nice brother, very serious about da'wah to non-muslims, Allah has gave him the gift of eloquent and convincing speech. May Allah reward him immensely for what efforts he has made.
    One thing should be cleared up though and that Brother Khalid Yasin is definately NOT a scholar (nor does he claim to be). I think giving the title 'scholar' to people when they are undeserving of that title is a bit of an insult to those actual 'ulama who have spent decades studying and learning the various 'uloom of this din. We should respect and treat everyone according to their status: Brother Khalid Yasin is a beautiful brother, has done ALOT of effort in the field of da'wah, and no one can deny that. But calling him (or anyone else) a scholar and holding him (or anyone else) to that level of authority is to me, a disrespect to the 'ulama of this din. Allah knows best.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaajiMahjubi View Post
    Salaam,

barakAllah fik for clarifying the above.

I don't have an issue with da'ees with knowledge. It's the ones without knowledge that I have an issue with. SOME da'ees are fit for ONLY ONE thing; giving da'wah to non-muslims. If even at that.
    We have seen what happend to likes of Hamza Yusuf and Yusuf Estes. And the problem is; because they are eloquent speakers and blessed with charisma, people in general take a liking to them and cling to them tightly. So, once they make erroneous statements, people get misguided by sticking to them whether wrong or right. I wish Muslims knew the danger of committing hizbiyyah.

Many of the da'ees today are upon hizbiyyah and outright defending known innovators; which clearly is not from the Sunnah. If you speak against them, you are known as a trouble-maker "causing fitnah". But during the time of the Sahabas and the Tabi'eens, this was considered to be a praise-worthy act. And this also defined what manhaj the person was upon. So people should be careful about who they take their knowledge from.

Muhammad Ibn Sireen, Maalik Ibn Anas and many others have said:

"Indeed, this knowledge is the Religion! So look carefully towards whom you take your Religion from."

Sufyan ath-Thowree (rahima-hullaah) said:

"Innovation is more beloved to Iblees than sin, since a sin may be repented from but innovation is not repented from."

al-Hasan al-Basree (rahima-hullaah) said:

"Do not sit with the people of innovation and desires, nor argue with them, nor listen to them."

Ibn 'Umar (radhi-yallaahu 'anhu) said:

"Every innovation is misguidance, even if the people see it as something good."