Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ALERT: Frito-Lay (Cheetos, Doritos) contain Pork and Beef enzymes

Madhhab
    None

Default Re: ALERT: Frito-Lay (Cheetos, Doritos) contain Pork and Beef enzymes

Salam Alaikum

I know this forum originated from last yr, so I want to know is there is any updated information on Doritos, and other Frito lay cheese products??

Namely the organic cheetos, and organic doritos. Because while I only eat the original unorganic fritos..I do eat the all all natural and organic...doritos, and cheetos.
    So can someone please get back to me on this,
    JazakAllah.
    And the Firmament has He raised high, and He has set up the Balance (of Justice), In order that ye may not transgress (due) balance. So establish weight with justice and fall not short in the balance.

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

I always get the Coool Doritos, they're suitable for wegetarians though. or aren't they?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Wa-alaikum Assalam,

Check their website: http://www.fritolay.com/fl/flstore/c...ry_choices.htm

Specifically the first one where it says "Seasoned Products Made Without Porcine Enzymes". Those are the ones that you can eat.

Better call them too... just to make sure. It says Cheetos as "Without" porcine enzyme... hmmm.
    Last edited by seeker4ever; 15-07-2008 at 04:19 AM. Reason: .

Madhhab
    None

Quote Originally Posted by seeker4ever View Post
    Wa-alaikum Assalam,

Check their website: http://www.fritolay.com/fl/flstore/c...ry_choices.htm

Specifically the first one where it says "Seasoned Products Made Without Porcine Enzymes". Those are the ones that you can eat.

Better call them too... just to make sure. It says Cheetos as "Without" porcine enzyme... hmmm.

Salam Alaikum,

JazakAllah for the link. I see the All natural white cheddar cheese puffs ^-^ I eat on the list of things without pork-by-product, but I don't see the All natural doritos on the list, excuse me while I go sulk :-(.
    And the Firmament has He raised high, and He has set up the Balance (of Justice), In order that ye may not transgress (due) balance. So establish weight with justice and fall not short in the balance.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I found a bag of Flaming Hot Funyuns today, certified Kosher/Dairy, and they tasted exactly the same as Flaming Hot Cheetos.

Funyuns do contain cheese and enzymes, but due to Jewish dietary laws, dairy products may not contain non-kosher additives, and they may not include meat products or meat-derivatives.

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Umm Abdullah View Post

I found a bag of Flaming Hot Funyuns today, certified Kosher/Dairy, and they tasted exactly the same as Flaming Hot Cheetos.

Funyuns do contain cheese and enzymes, but due to Jewish dietary laws, dairy products may not contain non-kosher additives, and they may not include meat products or meat-derivatives.

I found out from www.muslimconsumergroup.com and the shaik said this:

AOA. Hot Funyons are not Halal because presence of yeast extract from beer. Flavor and extarct may or may not contain alcohol.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

sister,

who is the shaikh ?

As a rule, while you practice taqwa regarding synthetic alcohol, when you are giving suggestion to other people .. please mention to them that synthetic alcohol is permissible in hanafi madhab however if someone wishes to practice caution, then they may abstain. So if the only thing in the chips was an extraction of yeast from beer, then that does not render it haraam.

Jamiatul Mufteen of S.Africa (12 Darul Iftaas) ruled permissibility of CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) taken as a side process from the fermentation of malt (beer) to be permissible for the use in Carbonated Drinks.

By that token, yeast extract is no different, unless Br Rasheedudin gives some other reasoning for it..

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by abuhajira View Post
    sister,

who is the shaikh ?

As a rule, while you practice taqwa regarding synthetic alcohol, when you are giving suggestion to other people .. please mention to them that synthetic alcohol is permissible in hanafi madhab however if someone wishes to practice caution, then they may abstain. So if the only thing in the chips was an extraction of yeast from beer, then that does not render it haraam.

Jamiatul Mufteen of S.Africa (12 Darul Iftaas) ruled permissibility of CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) taken as a side process from the fermentation of malt (beer) to be permissible for the use in Carbonated Drinks.

By that token, yeast extract is no different, unless Br Rasheedudin gives some other reasoning for it..

Im Sorry, I was referring to Brother Rasheedun, this is the only reasoning he gave me. Im sorry, All of you are better learned than I am, If you say its halaal, than it might be. Insha allah in the future I'll write this. Im sorry.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

sister..

no need for appologies,

Its just that when you are advising someone, your should let them pick the taqwa for themselves. It is good that if you feel doubt in your heart, you decided to abstain.. inshAllah Allah will give you jazaa for it.. however, everyone may not have the same courage of taqwa as you. So if that particular thing is technically permissible without any dubiousness, then that option should be given to the person.

Br. Rasheed visits the forum too.. if there is infact any thing wrong what I say, he will give further information too inshAllah

Madhhab
    Hanafi

The ability to live life with the utmost of Taqwa is a great blessing from Allah (swt). Look at how we debate the halal/haraam of these products. These products are in no ways necessary to our survival. They are all JUNK FOOD. Sure they taste great, sure we grew up on them unknowingly.

But when so much research and debate is required on these products, would it not be better to excercise Taqwa like Sister Bint Abdul Hameed is suggesting?

Why do we go to such lengths to determine if Cheetos and Doritos are halal?

If the Nutritionist and Doctor will tell you its Junk Food, then why should we not listen to the command from Allah (swt) that says if there is DOUBT, then LEAVE IT ..