Oh yeah ... and apologetics stink. They reek of kitman-e-haq, deception, and distortions - stuff that is characteristic of Shias, not people of the Sunnah. We stand up for the legacy of the Prophet (saw), his Companions, and those that followed in their footsteps whether or not the dominant world view (secularism, humanism) is in direct moral opposition to it.
Assalamu alaykum brothers and sisters
My understanding of Jihad is that it can be done for the following reasons:
1) defending yourself
2) help oppressed people and i think also helping an ally
3) spreading the rule of islamic sharia on earth. This is not the same as forcing our religion onto people, because this of course is forbidden.
The third option is a last resort, which muslims take only after they do the following:
1) Invite the non muslims to revert to islam. If they don't accept that then
2) Ask them to live under islamic rule as non muslim citizens of the islamic state ( with freedom of worship), they will of course have to pay jizya . If they dont accept that then
3)If all fails then wage war on them until you conquer them and implement sharia upon them. Once you have done this you must let them live in peace(and give them freedom of worship) under islamic rule. And of course as non muslim citizens they will have to pay the Jizya.
Note: i'm pretty sure the muslims are supposed to put a lot of effort into the first 2 options. If these 2 options are not accepted by the non muslims then war must be waged as the last resort. Also while the non muslims pay Jizya the muslims must pay zakat, so it is not unjust as the devious kuffar claim.
I used to believe that the 3rd type of Jihad was wrong. But as i studied the reason for it i came to accept it. Basically the reason for spreading islamic rule on the earth is for the benefit of the human race for the following reasons:
1) Laws of Allah(sharia) are based on wisdom and his justice, and therefore they are beneficial to mankind.
2) sharia law allows the muslims to enjoin the right and forbid the wrong, is there something wrong with this, of course not. This would create a pure society without the immorality and corruptness of the non muslim world. Such a society would be beneficial to mankind(Quran surah 3 verse 110)
3) Living in an islamic system will bring many of mankind into the fold of islam. For example when muslims ruled from spain to china many non muslims reverted to Islam out of their own free will. All these reverts in such a short span of time (within first 100 years of islam) would not have happened without this sort of jihad. Even honest non muslim historians admit that these people were not forced.
Also this type of Jihad is no different to what Allah himself does? think about it. I once said to a christian that "Your God also spreads his religion in a similar way to the muslims" . The christian couldn't reply because he knew i was telling the truth. If you need me to explain this further then just ask.
Since no one has asked me to explain this, i'll do it anyway. God according to the christians, jews and muslims sends prophets to invite people to his religion. If the people accept, then great, but if the people don't accept and reject the messenger, then guess what happens?.Yes that's right God destroys them just like he destroyed all those other nations for rejecting his messengers. So basically christians, jews and muslims all believe God destroys nations for not accepting his prophets or religion, and for carrying on with their evil ways. This is very similar to what muslims do. Muslims first invite non muslims to convert to Islam or live under islamic rule, if the non muslims accept any of these options then that's great, but if they reject our proposals, then we conquer them and destroy the system they were living under and implement islamic sharia instead. These conquered non muslims will then live under islamic law in peace and security, with freedom of worship. Christians and jews should ask themselves, is this so different from what God has been doing for thousands of years, if they are honest they will say "no". Remember, the christians condemn the muslims by saying " your forcing your way of life onto people by force". They also say "your giving non muslims the ultimatum of either accepting your options or going to war, and this is wrong". Well then, if it is wrong what do the christians think of God. Do they think their God is wrong or immoral for giving the disbelievers (of the past) the ultimatum " accept my prophet or be destroyed". . And also will they condemn their God for destroying all those nations that rejected God's message, of course they won't, but if muslims do anything similar to this they object and call it barbaric, violent and giving people horrible ultimatums .
That's my view of this whole issue. It is a bit like the christians saying how barbaric the muslims are for stoning adulterers or cutting of the hands of thieves. There is a more harsher punishment than all this, and it is the punishment of God. God according to christians (and muslims) will burn disbelievers in hell for eternity, that's a lot more painfull than stoning or cutting hands, which of course is temporary. Will the christians now condemn God as truly barbaric. The christians don't seem to realise that by condemning muslims for such acts, they also inadvertently condemn their own God.
Last edited by Gajibur; 24-05-2007 at 03:29 PM.
MashAllah brother Gajibur! Fantastic post, hope it helped answer the questions of many who believe that Islam preaches violence Insh'Allah
Everyone who is taken by death asks for more time,
while everyone who still has time makes excuses for procrastination.
[Ali radi Allah anhu]