Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hazrat Aisha ( RA) -

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Hazrat Aisha ( RA) -

Salam Brothers/Sisters

I had a argument with my NOn muslim friend 3 days ago and believe me this thing is killing me inside , i need answer from you guys if you have proper Reference and information regarding that.

He said to me that why Prophet Muhammed( PBUH) was married with underage girl( Hazrat Aisha) when she was just 9 years old and he was 52/53 years old ?

I understand that he got married with Hazrat Khadija (RA) when he was 25 and she was 40 because he want to show their Ummah that they can get married if women is older then her etc

And about Hazrat Aisha (RA) i understand people use to get married very soon that time when the girl get her First mensuration, and the life life expectancy was so low in those days.

Please answer my question.

Wasalaam.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

As Salaam Alaykum.

Here is a link to a talk by Shaykh muhammad Sindhi (db) called Hazrat Ayesha (ra) and the Christian argument. It is audio number 51 on the list.
    http://www.edars.com/
    Silence Is Golden....!

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by softmind82 View Post
    Salam Brothers/Sisters

I had a argument with my NOn muslim friend 3 days ago and believe me this thing is killing me inside , i need answer from you guys if you have proper Reference and information regarding that.

He said to me that why Prophet Muhammed( PBUH) was married with underage girl( Hazrat Aisha) when she was just 9 years old and he was 52/53 years old ?

I understand that he got married with Hazrat Khadija (RA) when he was 25 and she was 40 because he want to show their Ummah that they can get married if women is older then her etc

And about Hazrat Aisha (RA) i understand people use to get married very soon that time when the girl get her First mensuration, and the life life expectancy was so low in those days.

Please answer my question.

Wasalaam.
    Usalamulaikum

I really hope one of the knowledgeable brothers/sisters tackles your concern in a more knowledgeable way.

The first thing to realise is what Shaykh Yusuf Estes says:
    Are they calling the Prophet Muhammad a (I don't want to say it but you know what I mean"? You only have to study the realtionship and admonish yourself immediately for even thinking such a thing.
    Or are they genuinely curious?

More often than not, people bring up this issue when they are in a corner.

This may not be what you want to hear but you should go back to your friend and say:
    "The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) married Aisha(RA) at 6years old and consumated the marriage when she was 9?"
    What is your question? Or, do you just want to slander?

Be pretty upfront. This way you'll get a more honest response.
    (This is not easy but insha'allah you'll find the courage to do so)

Walaikum salaam

"By Time, Verily Man is in loss... except those who believe, do righteous deeds, exhort one another to truth and have patience." [Surah Asr:103]

"On no soul doth Allah place a burden greater than it can bear..." [Surah Baqarah:2, Verse 285]

--What is Islam? --

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by br_syed View Post
    "The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) married Aisha(RA) at 6years old and consumated the marriage when she was 9?"
    What is your question? Or, do you just want to slander?

Exactly! Afteral, Aisha (ra) was given to Prophet (saw) by her father and her consent. Further, she was definitely in her maturity. In countries where the climate is generally hot, the puberty starts in early ages. In fact, even today in the west, we see 9-year old girls with physical appearance of 20-year-old.

Further, Aisha (r.a) was young enough to be educated by Prophet (saw) and learn more from the beginning.. Thus, she was the greatest narrator of hadith among woman narrators.

But also, keep in mind that, hadiths regarding the age of Aisha (r.a) are narrated through Iraqis. Although, Sahihul Buhari is authentic in its entirety, the hadiths regarding age of Aisha were criticized.

Madhhab
    Maliki

Please use the search facility sidi since there are many arguments to counter the criticism and there simply isn't enough space to type it all down but I'll add another:

You can tell him that in England from the 16th to the 18th centuries the age of consent was only 10.

Also, please do not follow the way of those apologetic modernist Muslims who try to say that Sayyida A'isha RadiAllahu Anha was 18 or whatever in an effort to make it appear more 'acceptable'. She wasn't 18. She was 6 and that isn't a problem at all for us Muslims. Alhamdulilah
    "You disobey God while you make apparent that you love Him,
    This, by my life, in analogy is a marvel.
    If your love were sincere you would have obeyed Him,
    Truly, the lover towards the one he loves is obedient."

- al-Mahmud ibn al-Hassan al-Warraq

Madhhab
    None

InshaAllah beespree will be creating a video series answering all these kinds of questions - 'faqs', if you will. This will actually be our first question to tackle. So much ignorance about these kinds of topics out there.

Don't waste your time looking for the latest Islamic News, Articles, Science etc...
    It's all at one place; BeeSpree Islamic Media.
    Share, discover and learn.

ONLINE NASHEED PLAYER

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by loveProphet View Post
    Yes some very good and pertinent points in that article.

Also, you have to realise that the vast majority of people do not think about issues deeply these days. Rather they simply react in a knee-jerk fashion with labels and cliches that they have obtained from other places e.g. media, popular culture.

How about looking at the age of consent in some non-muslim countries for a change...is it really that good?

In the UK i believe it is 16 years of age. So what's the difference between a girl or boy who are 15 years and 364 days old and a girl or boy who are 16? Nothing. 16 is fairly arbitrary. It is not precise.
    It could actually be very harmful for someone who is 16 to engage in sexual relations if they have not physically matured yet. Some people mature late.

It is far better to combine respectability (i.e. marriage) and sexual maturity than it is to make a law that effectively says that "as long as you are both 16 years of age you can legally do anything you want sexually - it doesn't matter if you are unmarried, or one of you is committing adultery, or even if one of you is the same gender as the other!"

We live in strange times indeed.
    Alhamdulillah ala kulli haal

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

"Also, please do not follow the way of those apologetic modernist Muslims who try to say that Sayyida A'isha RadiAllahu Anha was 18 or whatever in an effort to make it appear more 'acceptable'. She wasn't 18. She was 6 and that isn't a problem at all for us Muslims. Alhamdulilah"

It is not about 'making it appear more acceptable' brother. It's about trying to find the truth.

http://www.muslim.org/islam/aisha-age.htm

I urge all to have a look. As I am not very knowledgable, I won't say much. But to those who ARE knowledgable, please share your comments.

Mufti
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Here is a lovely answer from GF Haddad:
    http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...ID=4604&CATE=1

As for the modernist claim, that she was 18 or 16 etc. it is nonsense!