Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: al Bidayah wal Nihayah in english?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default al Bidayah wal Nihayah in english?

As salaamu 'alaykum,

Is there an english translation of al Bidayah wal Nihayah available for ordering online? JazakAllah khayr

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by SheikhSaab View Post
    As salaamu 'alaykum,

Is there an english translation of al Bidayah wal Nihayah available for ordering online? JazakAllah khayr
    I'm sure it's called Bidiyatul Al Hidayah by Imam Ghazali Rahimullah
    عابد محمود

From Ubayy Ibn K'ab RA. "The believer has four characteristic. If he is afflicted by any misfortune, he remains patient and steadfast. If he is given anything, he is grateful.If he speaks, he speaks the truth. If he passes a judgement on any issue, he is just."

http://www.alhaqq.net

Mufti
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

The brother seems to be asking about the famous history book al-Bidayah wa an-Nihayah, by Hafidh ibn Kathir, not the book of Imam Ghazali.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by soofi_saheb View Post
    The brother seems to be asking about the famous history book al-Bidayah wa an-Nihayah, by Hafidh ibn Kathir, not the book of Imam Ghazali.
    Brother soofi_saheb is right, I was looking for Ibn Kathir's al Bidayah wal Nihayah. But I guess I didnt clarify that good enough, my bad. So, does anyone know where I can get hand on an english translation? Im located in Norway, so online ordering would be my only option. JazakAllah khayr

Madhhab
    Don't know

I'm pretty sure it hasn't been translated into English. But if you find it, I want one too!

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Darul Isha'at of Pakistan have published the English translation of Al-Bidayah wa'n Nihayah in Seperate volumes.

Check the following link and related products (which is on the right hand side of the page) to see what I mean.

http://www.azharacademy.com/scripts/...idproduct=1327

The portion of history which deals with the Khilafah ar-Rashidah upto the time of Hafidh Ibn Kathir has not been translated/published by Darul Isha'at as of yet (as far as I'm aware). I don't know if another publishing house has worked on it.
    Last edited by Nu'ayman ibn Amr; 01-10-2007 at 11:00 AM.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Al Bidayah Wan Nihaayah

Assalamu Alaikum

How u all doin, i have got some good news for the person requesting this book.

recently this summer i travelled upto Birmingham in the UK, as i live in the south and i went shopping for some books and general stuff. i came across the translated book of the end by ibn kathir, if u wuld like a copy it can eb found in the shop called house of knowledge or Darussalam in Coventry road for only £13.50..

I personally think it's a fantastic price. The topics are really interesting too and it explains in detail everything from the demise of our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) to the end of the world and beyond all the way to the entrance into Jannah and the fire of hell.. i hope this was helpful if u do need to know more, feel free to contact me via this forum

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by abu hurairah View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum

How u all doin, i have got some good news for the person requesting this book.

recently this summer i travelled upto Birmingham in the UK, as i live in the south and i went shopping for some books and general stuff. i came across the translated book of the end by ibn kathir, if u wuld like a copy it can eb found in the shop called house of knowledge or Darussalam in Coventry road for only £13.50..

I personally think it's a fantastic price. The topics are really interesting too and it explains in detail everything from the demise of our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) to the end of the world and beyond all the way to the entrance into Jannah and the fire of hell.. i hope this was helpful if u do need to know more, feel free to contact me via this forum

Salaam bro, your info was really helpful, may Allah reward you abundantly! I talked with an 'alim who has studied at dewsbury, and he told me that there is a translated version. But since I am residing in Norway, its very difficult for me to travel all the way to UK and get the book. So if we could arrange something inshaAllah? Anyways, do you live close to the shop? Could you provide more details on the book? Does it form a part of al Bidayah wa al Nihayah? And how is the quality of the translation, and the book itself?

I know I am asking for a lot brother, but I am really desperate JazakAllah Khayr

Madhhab
    Hanbali

Asalamu Alaikum. Brother, the DarusSalam translation is available for online order as well and it's only (as far as I remember) a translation of the Qiyamah (etc.) section. The Azhar academy one in multiple volumes is far more complete - if you want to read more than just that particular section of the title.
    Ya al-'Alee (swt)
    mohammadmufti.blogspot.com
    Parachinar ko bhoolna nahi.

Junior Member Abu Ayesha Madani's Avatar
    Madhhab
    None

Default Re: al Bidayah wal Nihayah in english?

As’salam’alikum
    “Al-Bidayah Wan-Nihayah” is a history book written by Imam Hafiz ibn katheer (Ismail Ab’ul Fadl Umar ibn katheer).
    Hafiz ibn katheer studied jurisdiction under Burhan Al-Din al Fazariyyah and Kamal al-din ibn Qadi. He then married in the family of Ab’ul Hajjaj al-Mazi from whom he studied Hadith (Prophetic traditions).
    His most famous teacher is Taqi al-Din Ibn Taymiyya, from whom he learned many Ahadith.
    Slowly Ibn Katheer became one of the most reputed scholar of his region.
    His tafseer of the Quran is very much popular and Sheikh Nassir-Uddin Al-Albani advised people to read his tafseer.
    Coming to his book Al-Bidayah wan-Nihayah,
    The book can be divided into three major parts.
    The beginning part of the book speaks about the pre-Islamic period of ignorance, about the life of prophet (S), the hardships which Muslims had to face and the conquest of Makkah till the farewell of Prophet Muhammad (S).
    The second part of the book deals with the History of the rightly guided Khalifas and the other Islamic dynasties which followed, till the time of the author.
    The third final part describes the end of the world (Signs of Qiyammah etc) as narrated in the hadees literature.
    (The above material is taken from the preface of the book Al-Bidayah wan-Nihayah )
    Last edited by Abu Ayesha Madani; 20-08-2009 at 10:00 AM.