Thread: How to Approach to Preach about Islam to a NON-Muslim

Madhhab
    Don't know

Question lololo

hgjgh
    Last edited by Shahrin Mallik; 19-08-2014 at 10:16 PM.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Assalamu alaikum,

Not a direct answer to your question, but just wanted to point out to a very good website for new converts or non-muslims interested in Islam,

www.iprofess.com

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Salaam.

You can't have a one size fits all style of Dawah. Different people are motivated to embrace Islam for different reasons, Some are attracted to Scienctific proofs of Islam and Quran. Others By intellectual arguments, Some embrace Islam because they are searching for inner peace and contentment and they find that in Islam etc.

If you are dealing with an individual who has shown no interest in Islam and perhaps has an aversion towards Islam. Best thing to do is focus on yourself and your Own character and be a role model set an example, if they see that you are honest, kind, generous,Modest, compassionate etc. It will have an impact Insha'Allah...If questioned you can tactfully point out that you behave in a certain because this is what Islam teaches.

Anyways its a lengthy subject but I hope the above offers some help.
    Silence Is Golden....!

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Dawah In Action.

As Salaam Alaykum:

Here is Something I wrote some time ago on the "Start With The Self Thread."
    The Link is beneath my signature.

I remember a brother talking about a shaykh (whose name I have unfortunately forgotten) This shaykh moved to a new neighbourhood in Florida. On the first day he moved into his new home, he went and knocked on every door on his street and politely introduced himself. Occasionaly when he went shopping, he would buy something for his neighbours. If he was mowing the lawn in his garden,
    he would go say to his neighbours. " You Know I am mowing my lawn anyway, Would like me to do your garden when I am finished."

If one of his neighbours fell ill he would visit them regularly and offer to help out in what ever way he can. On occasions he would be seen with a Broom stick in his hand sweeping the entire street.

The Neighbours who were all Non-Muslim , when they went on holiday would leave their house keys with him. In short all the people grew to love him and had great respect for Islam, now he never preached to anyone, he acted as a muslim and inculcated the Ikhlaq and characteristics of our pious predecessors. By this means his every action became dawah. The greatest method of Dawah is indeed through action.

Similarly Shaykh Hussain Abdul Sattar states in one of his lectures, that Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmed (db) told one of his mureeds who started a new job , and was upset because the pay was'nt so good to , "Be patient and work in such a way, that your Employers will think how will we survive if he leaves",

The Mureed did as he was told within a few months he got promoted and started receiving a larger paycheck. Imagine the respect his Employers would have developed for Islam, just by the fact they had a muslim employee who was doing more work then he was being payed for.

Something to reflect:

What is the state of our condition, we will carry a grudge with a neighbor for years over something trivial. If we have a job we do less amount of work then we are being payed for if we get Payed $10 an hour we only do $5 amount of work. Through our behavior our own relatives and friends are driven away from the deen. We preach to them about Islam, yet our Ikhlaq and Adaab is far removed from Islam.

It is narrated that a few muslims went to a Zoroastrian and started preaching to him the words of Islam. The Zoroastrian said " If it is the Islam of Abu yazid al Bistami (ra) ( the famous saint) you are talking about I fear that I will not be able to do it justice . If it is the Islam that you people practice I am sorry I cannot believe in it for your very actions repulse me.

May Allah give us all the tawfiq to practice the deen in its entirety and in particular a sinner like me ameen.
    Silence Is Golden....!

Madhhab
    Hanafi

In my somewhat limited experience, I find that it's best not to take the "aggressive" approach and sound demeaning.

Bear in mind that when you're dealing with non-Muslims, you are dealing with their ideas, beleifs, values, customs, etc. All of these are things which they hold very close to them, and to tell them they are wrong and misguided will likely drive them away.

Rather, come to common terms and find parallels between their beliefs and Islam, and then expound upon the differences and why Islam offers a superior alternative.

"Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah." If then they turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will)." 3:64

Madhhab
    None

As Salamu Alaikum

Just a quick start, whenever I would make friends with them, I would always start by asking what they believe in, then from there I have my chance to speak about Islam. For example, if they are a Christian, then you can simply speak about Jesus (alahi salam) and what Muslims think about etc...remember Muslims aren't about "converting", rather about spreading the message, if they aren't interested it is Allah who guides, not us.

And Allah knows best.

Madhhab
    Maliki

The best da'wah is to practice what you peach

When non-muslims see ihsan on your face, they'll be coming to you.
    "Every time I argue with a fool I lose."
    -Sayyidina Ali

On physical death vs. spiritual death:
    "Corpses don't shake the world up nearly so much as consumers."
    -al_aaraaf (LJ user)

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Shahrin Mallik View Post
    how..to ..telll...you..all r ...really...very close to Allah ..!!!!! some time being..muslim ..we dont know many things..many ways...many Blesssings of Allah ..!!

Reading...all these...feeeling.....these r blessings...these r...Allah's ...Lights..On u ...!!! Mashallah !!!!

May Allah give u ..alll more....knowledge...to ...say about Allah ..!! in such ..wonderful way...!!!

Jazakallah Khayer..!!!!
    Asslamo Allaikum,

The largest Muslim country (by population) Indonesia became Muslim from Dawah of Arab traders who used to trade in Silk/Spices etc.

These Arabs didn't know the local language & Indonesians didn't (still don't) know Arabic but they were impressed by the Akhlaaq & Sunnah of Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) as practised and shown by the Arabs; so over 200+ Million people today are Muslims and that is not accounting for Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia etc. without speeches so although there is no one size fits all approach following the Noble Sunnah of Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) is a MUST because it has the gravitas and pull that tugs at the corners of the human heart and a sound heart (Qulbun-Saleem in the terminology of the Qur'aan) CANNOT resist it.

Show the Akhlaaq & Sunnah of Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) which CANNOT come without practising Ihsaan.

Allah (SWT) knows best.