Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: for the Huffaz: how often and how much do u revise what you have memorised...???

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default for the Huffaz: how often and how much do u revise what you have memorised...???

Assalamu Alaykom,

Im new here, so let me introduce myself first, bin Farouq here as the username suggests. Ive been reading through these forums for sometime now and finally decided to register.

Anyway, with regards to those who have memorised the Quran, how often and how much do u revise what you have memorised. For example I have heard some say they revise a juzu per day, some 2 per day etc. I guess the amount u need to revise to keep it in ur memory depends on the method of memorisation...

for example I was reading up on an earlier post regarding the methods employed in Mauritania, I would assume someone initially repeating what they're memorising 500 times would require less revision than someone who perhaps only repeats it 50 times.

so insha'Allah fill us in on any details, greatly appreciated

Jazaakum Allah khair

Wassalam,
    bin farouq

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Thumbs up Re: for the Huffaz: how often and how much do u revise what you have memorised...???

SALAAM,

Alhumdullilah I am hafiz and I do revise 1 juz per day but sometime it can be more.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: for the Huffaz: how often and how much do u revise what you have memorised...???

sadly not as often as right after compeletion
    maybe 6 qurans per year. =( Before it was like 1 or 2 each month.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: for the Huffaz: how often and how much do u revise what you have memorised...???

Salam
    i am becoming a Hafidha and i learn 1 side a day or even 2. Mashallah going great!

Madhhab
    Don't know

assalamoualaikoum

uhm, brothers, when u say that u revise 1 or 2 juz everyday or when anyone says that they revise... how do they do this "revise"? for me revising 1 juz is reading the juz by lookin in the quran. do u bros/sis look in the quran when u revise. if u do look in the quran to revise then how do u make sure that u know the juz by heart?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by altair View Post
    assalamoualaikoum

uhm, brothers, when u say that u revise 1 or 2 juz everyday or when anyone says that they revise... how do they do this "revise"? for me revising 1 juz is reading the juz by lookin in the quran. do u bros/sis look in the quran when u revise. if u do look in the quran to revise then how do u make sure that u know the juz by heart?
    Revise as in reading a certain amount without looking in the Qur'an. Starting off, this revision should be read to someone else, but after a while, those who know their revision really well, they can even read it without looking to themselves with no mistakes, or minimal mistakes.

Unfortunately I do not remember my Qur'an too well, so I don't do much revision. I revise 2 pages a day from the Surah that I am currently working on, and Half Juz from Surahs that I've already revised.

Scholar
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

As Salaamu Alaikum

In my opinion, a person who is already a hafiz should take out a minimum of 1 hour each to recite the quran. This at a medium to fast pace (obviously each word has to be pronounced clearly) works out to about 3 paras each day.

A person who is still becoming hafiz should recite a minimum of half para each day with ease and with minimal mistakes (more than 2 is too much).

The key to becoming hafiz in my opinion is to wake up 2 hours before fajr salah, make few mins dua and start memorising.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Best for huffaz to do 5 juz a day, but at least should do 3.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Aim should be 1 dor per week.
    [29:2]
    Do people think that they will be left (at ease) only on their saying, “We believe” and will not be put to any test?

Live Free Classes on Quran Reading, Advanced Tajweed and Implementation, and Quran Memorization

Madhhab
    Hanafi

aim 4 between half till about six seven paras
    theres two revisions
    1-tilwat- looking in or by heart just general reading
    2-dor-actually learning your quraan again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again
    both r very important