Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zakir Naik and His Misguided Teachings regarding Karbala Battle

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Zakir Naik and His Misguided Teachings regarding Karbala Battle

Saalam Alikum

In a Confrence in Mumbai recently the So Called Zakir Naik replied to a question abt Waqia e Karbala he said that the battle of Karbala is a political battle (siyasi jung) and he also called yazeed with respect "yazeed radi allah ho anho" .(May Allah be Pleased with Him) .
    Infact Every Big Scholar knows very well that Imam Hussein Ra was martyred for upholding Islam and standing infront of a Evil Ruler and infact left a example for us not to Bow infront of Evil Rulers.

Is this the Way to refer a Killer of the Grandson of Prophet Muhammed Pbuh . Where is Our Love for the Family of Holy Prophet Muhammed Pbuh is it just a talk infront of Kuffar that we love him or just by showing off and to tell people we are very Islamic infact the Love needs to be inside from the Heart or we will end up like the Kharijites.

Youtube Link is as Follow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xg18YtiML0

Here is a Link on which he can be saying this Clearely
    http://www.myjavaserver.com/~imranja...ZAKIR_NAYK.WAV

He is most definitely not of the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamat, Hes not even a scholar, he Speaks about Comparative Religion! how can people take their religous rulings off someone who compares religions? Its like going to a dentist for an abortion. Who are His Teachers and who has he learnt Islamic Knowdelge from and what is his Aqeedah is he a Sunni cause Ahle Sunnah Scholars have not ever spoke in this Way and why does he speak on matters in which he has no Perfection and many people get trapped in his wrong Misguided Teachings.

May Allah Give Guidance to All.
    Ameen

WHAT RASOOLULLAH (SALLAL LAAHU ALAIHI WASALLAM) SAID ABOUT HAZRAT IMAM HUSAIN (RADI ALLAHU ANHU) IN THE HADITH SHAREEF

1. According to Tirmizi Shareef, Hazrat Jabir (radi Allahu anhu) reported: I saw Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) in his Farewell Pilgrimage on the Day of Arafat while he was riding on the camel, Qaswa, to deliver the sermon. I heard him say, "O People! I have left among you something which if you adhere to, you will never be misguided - the Book of Allah and my progeny (the People of my House)".

2. It is also reported in Tirmizi Shareef: Hazrat Zain bin Arqam (radi Allahu anhu) reported that Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said to Hazrat Ali, Bibi Fathima, Hazrat Hasan and Hazrat Husain (radi Allahu anhuma), "I am at war with those who fight with them, at peace with those who remain in peace with them".

3. In another Hadith from Tirmizi Shareef: Hazrat Ya'la bin Murrah (radi Allahu anhu) reported that Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said: "Husain is from me and I am from Husain. Allah loves him who loves Husain. Husain is a descendant out of my descendants".

4. It is stated in Sunan Imam Ahmad: Hazrat Abu Zarr (radi Allahu anhu) reported while holding the door of the Kaaba, "I heard Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) say, 'The parable of the People of my House among you is the parable of the Ark of Noah. Those who got on it were safe, and whoso remained behind were destroyed".

5. It is stated in Sunan Baihaqi: Hazrat Ummul Fazl (radi Allahu anha), daughter of Harith, reported: I went to Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) and said, "O Rasoolullah! I have seen a horrible dream tonight". He asked, "And what is it?" She said, "I saw a piece of your flesh had been cut off and placed in my lap". Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said, "You had seen good. If Allah Wills, Fathima will give birth to a son who you will nurse". Then, Hazrat Fathima (radi Allahu anha) gave birth to Hazrat Husain and he was under my nurse just as Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) had said. One day, I went to the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) and placed the child on his lap. Thereafter, his look was fixed towards me and both his eyes were shedding tears. I said, "O Prophet of Allah! By my father and mother! What is the matter with you?" He said, "Jibrael came and informed me that my followers will soon kill this grandson of mine". I asked, "Him?" He said, "Yes, He brought some earth to me out of his red earth". (i.e. from the sands of Karbala)

Madhhab
    Don't know

Default Re: Zakir Naik and His Misguided Teachings reagrding Karbala Battle

Quote Originally Posted by Fareed View Post
    In a Confrence in Mumbai recently the So Called Zakir Naik
    The "so called" Zakir Naik? Why the "so called"? Is that not his name, lol ?

replied to a question abt Waqia e Karbala he said that the battle of Karbala is a political battle (siyasi jung)
    This is correct.

and he also called yazeed with respect "yazeed radi allah ho anho" .(May Allah be Pleased with Him) .
    The strongest opinion amongst Ahl as-Sunnah wa al-Jama'ah is to remain silent on Yezid, to neither praise him nor to disparage him. And the reason for that is three-fold:

1) We do not revile the dead.
    2) There is no point or benefit in that.
    3) Many of the reports we have about him are highly exaggerated, coming from the Ghullat.

Nonetheless, the strongest opinion is not to praise him nor to say "ra" after his name. So yes, in this matter, we disagree with Dr. Zakir Naik.

Infact Every Big Scholar knows very well that Imam Hussein Ra was martyred for upholding Islam and standing infront of a Evil Ruler and infact left a example for us not to Bow infront of Evil Rulers.
    Mrmmm, not so sure about this part. There were many Sahabah who disagreed with Hadrat Hussayn's Ijtihad. The truth is that Hadrat Hussayn (ra) was fooled by the Rafidhi Kuffans, and they are responsible for Hadrat Hussayn's death. There were many Sahabah who warned Hadrat Hussayn (ra) not to trust the Kuffans...

As for where you say that this is an example for how we are not to bow in front of evil rulers, then this is completely false and it is YOU who does not know the first bit about the beliefs of Ahl as-Sunnah wa al-Jama'ah! If it had been established that Yazid had established his full control over the Ummah, then we--Ahl as-Sunnah--say it would have been forbidden to be a Khariji and a rebel!

Yet, Hadrat Hussayn (ra) did his Ijtihad and he thought that Yazid's control over the Ummah had not become complete and therefore it was OK to fight him for the Caliphate, and this idea of his came from the Kuffans who were liars and they sent him letter after letter telling him that they had not pledged allegiance to Yezid but rather wanted to pledge allegiance to Hadrat Hussayn (ra).

He is most definitely not of the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamat,
    Just because he said "ra" after Yezid's name? That is enough in your opinion to expel someone from Ahl as-Sunnah? Subhan-Allah! If you were going to take someone out of the folds of Ahl as-Sunnah for one errant opinion, then you would have nobody left within Ahl as-Sunnah because no scholar has NOT had one or two errant opinions!

Hes not even a scholar,
    He has repeatedly stated that he is not a scholar. Nonetheless, I agree with you if you say that sometimes he crosses the line and passes incorrect fatwas...

he Speaks about Comparative Religion!
    Anything wrong with this? We NEED people in this field!

May Allah Give Guidance to All.
    Yes, including you!

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Hes not even a scholar, he Speaks about Comparative Religion!
    he is not a scholar. I never heard his lecture when he speak something about islam.
    But according to my opinion he is 2nd best caller(daii) after late ahmed deedat he speaks about comparative religion.(christianity,hinduism,atheist)

There are not even a few scholar of islam who has knowledge about comparative religion like him.

May allah give hidayah to all humanbeing

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Asslamo Allaikum,

Dr Zakir Naik is an Ahl-e-Hadeeth & leaves no stone unturned in bashing Taqleed whenever he gets a chance.

So are most of the other "Scholars" on PeaceTV who regularly bash differences of Salah between Man & Women & It'ekaaf of women at home (during Ramadhan) & give regular Fatwaas which are against the position of Shaykh Bin-Baaz (RA) & Shaykh Uthaymeen (RA) [let alone Hanafees]...I don't watch PeaceTV but have to regularly deal with Peace-TV Dawah issues & Fatwaas from Brothers & Sisters in the community.

Some of Dr Zakir Naik videos show pictures of International School (Mumbai);watch the picture on the cover where young girls (6-7 year olds) are standing feet-to-feet in Salah (hands way up on the chests) at the International Schools; this is absurd according to Shaykh Uthaymeen (RA)) & others but unique to Ahlul-Hadeeth of India/Pakistan!

Dr Zakir Naik's org are also the re-sellers for the famous Ahlul-Hadeeth publishing house Dar-us-Salam run by Br Mujahid (based in Riyadh) which is publishing a lot of books in Urdu.

Its not Dr Zakir Naik's fault that he has setup a TV channel which is good and informative; its our fault for letting things slip and not having the voice of credible Ulama in the Media.

Ahl-e-Hadeeth are vehementally Anti-Taqleed while Salafees/Wahabees are not entirely Anti-Taqleed.

He is Ahl-e-Hadeeth and he is doing his Dawah; question is where is ours?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

One thing which is corrcet is that IPCI is great in comparative religion. But I would disagree to the one who said that he is 2nd best daii. after Ahmed Deedat.

Daii is a broader term and does not cover dawah to non-muslim alone.. rather reminding muslims to practice their islam as well. If you calculate that in, he is no where in the leage. In fact, if that is counted he might be counted amongst those who have incited people in leaving the path of Sunnah.

Anyhow, All credit due to where it belongs.. he is a good comparitive religious speaker.. that is it. With regards to the question, where are our daii the yes, not many are focusing on non-muslim da'wah.. something we do make Dua that newer generation of the Ulama are more aware about...

At the same time, we cannot say that the progress in this direction is nill. In the UK trip of Mufti Desai 12 people accepted Islam in one lecture.. (i.e Tafseer of Surah Mariyam)... Countless non muslim accept Islam in Tablighi Circles backed and guided by the Ulamas.. The only thing is we tend to notice those reverts only who are from high western outlook and overlook those blacks of Africa, Mexicans, South American etc who are not in the better outlook..

But still we do make dua for more effort in this field and in dawah to muslims as well..

Madhhab
    None

He said that Salafis and Ahl-Hadeeth in his Lecture about Muslim Unity are the closest to the Qur'an and the Sunnah. However he opposes using both labels (or any for that matter), even Ahl-Hadeeth.

There is no use to curse Dr. Zakir Naik, best that we pray for him and for us all to be on the Straight Path, even though we disagree with some of the things he says. I mean if he is currently a champion in Daw'ah and the Kafiroon attack him, what is the use for us to attack someone who has debated and fought them that only fuels the Kafiroon to show that even Muslims dislike Zakir Naik? Should we be aware yes, but not curse of course.

As regards to Yazeed I watched his lecture live on Peace TV that day regarding Karbala and yes he did say these things. On the other hand yes there is an opinion that Yazeed did NOT order the Killing of Imam Hussain (ra), rather his Commander did it intentionally at the Battle and because Commanders aren't usually responsible everyone hates and places blame on Yazeed (yes I know he was a drunkerd etc). Hence why when it did happen he said that everyone will soon curse him and blame him for it and he wanted to repent.

It's the same story as the Sikh Guru in India in which the Mughal Emperor at the time did not order the killing of him, yet one of the Hindus murdered him. But the Sikhs will always blame the Emperor of course.

Again I am not defending or attacking, I am merely stating the opinion.

Allah knows best.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

It is shameful for Zakir Naik to call Yazeed as May Allah Be Pleased with him and to these so called Minority Misguided Sects like Ahle Hadeeth and Salafis all ofshoot of Wahhabism to talk in there Misguided Way .

There can be no love for Prophet Muhammed Pbuh if one does not love his Family and this has to be in the Heart and respect for them .

These Wahhabis are more intersted in showing as Zakir Naik great then Imam Hussein Ra and his Martydorm for Islam this shows how much of Jealousy and how these people are stingy in showing love to the Family of Prophet Muhammed Pbuh and no Sunni Ulema has called Yazeed in this Way

He is not the only Daee many in Islam has Come Before him and will keep Coming and are still on the Face of the Earth Calling people to Islam.

Dont Compare the Late Shaykh Ahmed Deedat with him he was a Sunni and never spoke in this Way as this Ahle Hadeeth Speaker is speaking infact he Zakir Naik made Millions of Mulims as Mushrik for those who follow Sufism . In My Opinion he has made more people Mushrik then Muslim by his saying that those who follow Sufism are Doing all Shirk . It was better he had understood the Meaning of the Word correctly or if we follow his belief then Millons of Muslims including Big Ulemas of Islam and there followers of Various Tariqas around the world whether it is Naqshabandi , Chisti , Ba-Alawi, Rifai. Shazali, Dasoqi , Tijani, Qadiri, Jafari , Attari , Rizvi , Badawi , all are Mushrik for him.

He should answer first which Islamic University and on which Ulemas hand has he studied Islam or from whom he has Ijazas and in which Way is he specalized if in Comaprtive religion then why talking about Fiqah, Taswwauf , Tafseer and giving Fatwas as Muftis on his Peace Tv which is full of Misguided Scholars like him,

Sufis were known to call people to Islam without even debating Much this is because of there Barakh they have on them by Allah and there Sayings which effect the Hearts of People and not these Misguided Speakers who themsleves are Misguided but have come out to guide People and that is why many people just sit listen and go and dont even get affected and who are there Listeners mostly Muslims but infact Millons of People took shahdah on the Hands of Recent Great Sufi Shuykh of Islam like the Tijani Shaykh Ibrahim Niass and the Ba Alawi Tariqa Shaykh Al-Habib Ahmed Mashour Al-Haddad from Africa to Indonesia to Arab Countries .

They never spoke in this Misguided way and to those who defend him i would say Love for the Prophet Muhammed Pbuh and His Fmaily will help u in the End and not these Misguided People whose Minority Sects are the main reason for Bringing Bad names to Islam and who are the roots of Extremism and Misguidance in the Ummah and who are HurtIng the Deen from Within as they Great Scholar Habib Ali Al-Jifri Says in his speech in this Video Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEl2O94t-l8&feature=related

The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu ^alayhi wa sallam, warned us against those who deviate from him in ahadith related by al-Bukhariyy and Muslim:

"أناس من جلدتنا، يتكلمون بألسنتنا، تعرف منهم وتنكر، دعاة على أبواب جهنم من أطاعهم قذفوه فيها".

which means: "There are people whose skin is the same color as ours, who speak the same language as we speak, they mix correct matters which you know with bad matters which you denounce [they mix the correct statements with the deviated ones]. They stand by the gates of Hellfire inviting others to enter. If one listens to them, they push him in." It is of utmost importance for the Muslim to look thoroughly at the person from whom he acquires knowledge.

In the introduction of his book, As-Sahih, Imam Muslim related the saying of the highly esteemed follower of the companions, Muhammad Ibn Sirin: إن هذا العلم دين فانظروا عمّن تأخذون دينكم

which means: "This knowledge contains the rules of the Religion, so look thoroughly into the person from whom you acquire the knowledge of your Religion." In light of this important matter, we seek to expose those who deviate from the path of the Prophet. We ask Allah to protect us, guide us

THIS IS THE REASON WHY WE SHOULD FOLLOW RIGHT SECT AND RIGHT ULEMA OR THERE ARE MANY STANDING AND CALLING TOWARDS HELLFIRE SO BE CAREFUL FROM THEM AND THERE NONSENSE AQEEDAH.

Madhhab
    None

THIS IS THE REASON WHY WE SHOULD FOLLOW RIGHT SECT AND RIGHT ULEMA OR THERE ARE MANY STANDING AND CALLING TOWARDS HELLFIRE SO BE CAREFUL FROM THEM AND THERE NONSENSE AQEEDAH.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    As Salamu Alaikum

We should rephrase that, we should follow the Right Path and the Right Ulema

Mufti
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

لكل فن رجال
    وما من كاتب إلا سيفنـى
    ويبقى الدهر ما كتبت يداه
    فلا تكتب بخطك غير شئي
    يسرك في القيامة أن تراه

Madhhab
    Hanbali

Default Re: Zakir Naik and His Misguided Teachings regarding Karbala Battle

There is amongst Ahlus Sunnah some who condemn Yazid, a majority who stay silent and some who praise him. This is not a central tenant of Islam, unlike Shi'ism were a human being suddenly becomes a center piece of the religion. His position on it is no worse than those who accuse and curse Yazid, and in neither case do the Muslims hate the ulema of the 2 parties...

He is most definitely not of the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamat
    He has done more for ahlus sunnah than you ever have and the way you are dealing with his statement is closer to the Rafidha than Ahlus Sunnah. You are one to speak akhi? May Allah (swt) forgive our dead and bless them with an eternity in Paradise, including Amir Yazid. And may Allah (swt) forgive and guide our living to that same paradise, including Zakir Naik.
    Ya al-'Alee (swt)
    mohammadmufti.blogspot.com
    Parachinar ko bhoolna nahi.