Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone studied the Madinah Arabic Course Books?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default madinah books

as sallamu alaikum rahmatullah

Which of the arabic sciences ie sarf,nahu,balagha, etc would you classify the madinah arabic books as?
    and Allah alone gives sucess
    abdul latif
    http://seekerofsacredilm.wordpress.com/

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: madinah books

Mostly nahw. You can learn how to do really good tarkeeb from all three parts,

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Anyone studied the Madinah Arabic Course Books?

Assalamu'alaykum,

I'm studying book 1 right now but find it the way the grammer rules are explain a little confusing. The structure of the lessons don't seem to work for me.

Is there any lesson summaries/notes on the web for these particular course books that can help me with my studying?

Jazakhallahu khair,

Zahid

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Anyone studied the Madinah Arabic Course Books?

Quote Originally Posted by invincible View Post
    Assalamu'alaykum,

I'm studying book 1 right now but find it the way the grammer rules are explain a little confusing. The structure of the lessons don't seem to work for me.

Is there any lesson summaries/notes on the web for these particular course books that can help me with my studying?

Jazakhallahu khair,

Zahid
    use the audio from Brother Muhammad Nur's blog. http://www.muhammadnur.com/medinabook1.html
    https://www.farooqidesign.com
    Your Home for Islamic Home Decor

Live Free Classes on Quran Reading, Advanced Tajweed and Implementation, and Quran Memorization
    http://essentialilm.com

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

I almost finished book 1. I would recommend SunniPath's courses over this. They are better organized, easier to understand, and makes a student put things into practice as they go along, not saving it for later or skipping rules that may confuse one when they are learned later.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Jazakhallahu khair for the replies.

Does no-one know of any web sites that summarise the main topics of the book?

Wassalaam,
    Zahid

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Salam,

Click here

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Jazakhallah, that's awesome Saf1989!

Anyone else?

Wassalaam,
    Zahid

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Assalamu 'alaykum

The idea of the Madinah series is to teach you Arabic grammar in a functional and practical way. To isolate the grammar from the context in which it is used and applied defeats the whole purpose of the series. In Madinah, the series is taught in a subject called "at-tadribaat" which can be translated as drills or drillwork where the object is to drill the grammar in the mind of the student through application and constant use. The idea is not only for you to understand the grammar in a given sentence but for you to produce the sentence yourself applying the grammar that you've learnt.

Book 3, lesson One, does give a very useful summary of the main grammar issues, but once again the remaining grammar rules are introduced through passages and dialogue between teacher and students in a classroom setting. The particular dialogue is itself filled with examples and instances of the rule or rules introduced in that lesson.

IMHO, the series should preferrably be taught in Arabic, and here and there the grammar should be explained in English. The teaching of Books 1 & 2 should not even entertain lengthy grammar discussions in the student's mother tongue, but rather the rules should be drilled into the student's mind through practical use and application. For explicit grammar teaching one is better off studying the al-Ajurrumiyyah whose focus is just that, namely, explicit grammar. Even here I would strongly recommend that the student has a two month working knowledge of Arabic which will serve as a useful foundation to built the grammar on. Book 1 (and possibly Book 2) of the Madinah series, or Book 1 of the al-Kitaab al-Asaasi series will do exactly just that, that is, lay a good foundation on which to build one's grammar.

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Quote Originally Posted by Amr View Post
    Assalamu 'alaykum

The idea of the Madinah series is to teach you Arabic grammar in a functional and practical way. To isolate the grammar from the context in which it is used and applied defeats the whole purpose of the series. In Madinah, the series is taught in a subject called "at-tadribaat" which can be translated as drills or drillwork where the object is to drill the grammar in the mind of the student through application and constant use. The idea is not only for you to understand the grammar in a given sentence but for you to produce the sentence yourself applying the grammar that you've learnt.

Book 3, lesson One, does give a very useful summary of the main grammar issues, but once again the remaining grammar rules are introduced through passages and dialogue between teacher and students in a classroom setting. The particular dialogue is itself filled with examples and instances of the rule or rules introduced in that lesson.

IMHO, the series should preferrably be taught in Arabic, and here and there the grammar should be explained in English. The teaching of Books 1 & 2 should not even entertain lengthy grammar discussions in the student's mother tongue, but rather the rules should be drilled into the student's mind through practical use and application. For explicit grammar teaching one is better off studying the al-Ajurrumiyyah whose focus is just that, namely, explicit grammar. Even here I would strongly recommend that the student has a two month working knowledge of Arabic which will serve as a useful foundation to built the grammar on. Book 1 (and possibly Book 2) of the Madinah series, or Book 1 of the al-Kitaab al-Asaasi series will do exactly just that, that is, lay a good foundation on which to build one's grammar.

Which do you feel is better, al-kitab al-asasi or the Madinah series?