Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Makkah and Madinah New Plan Pictures

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Default Re: Makkah and Madinah New Plan Pictures

I don't have a problem with the plans.

I think any solution that will make pilgrims safer during Hajj is welcome. I think any solution that will make it easier for Muslims to live in Medina and pray at the mosque of Rasoolullah is welcome.

I hope, though, that the tall buildings are not exclusively for the rich, or for the pilgrims. I would prefer to see those rooms occupied all year round, especially by residents. I mean, a traveller will go out of his way to pray at the Prophet's Mosque , because it's not something that he can do whenever he wants. But a resident might need to live close to it to take full advantage of the barakah.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

why couldnt they make:

1. a vast islamic museum,
    2. replica of mecca/medina at the time of the prophet
    3. A world-class islamic library/centre of learning with accessible scholars and constant lectures etc

Things that would invigorate the islamic pilgrim's deen.

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Quote Originally Posted by intoodeep View Post
    why couldnt they make:

1. a vast islamic museum,
    2. replica of mecca/medina at the time of the prophet
    3. A world-class islamic library/centre of learning with accessible scholars and constant lectures etc

Things that would invigorate the islamic pilgrim's deen.
    Possibly because there are people who actually live there year-round. Where are they supposed to live? Where are they supposed to go?

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

yes it looks very nice... if your not MUSLIM! this is not the way it supose to be (big kuffar funded buildings looming over you) when your in the holy cities. the khawarij just dont feel the feeling an Orthodox Muslim gets when he/she goes to these holy cities so they try to make themsleves feel better, by building these gigantic buildings.

Madhhab
    Hanbali

Quote Originally Posted by cedar123 View Post
    The new development looks magnificent especially medina. i think the sky s****ers go well plus they allow more people to live in the holy city. we may need it as i remember a hadith which states dajjal and his influence enters every city on earth but will not be able to enter Mecca and Medina. So on this hadith i wanna move to medina if he(dajjal) arrives.
    Assalamu alaikum,

Actually these constructions are not related to providing structures for housing in Al-Madinah. They are all high class hotels which only allow the richest and most wasteful of our Muslimin to visit the city. They are currently demolishing all the cheap hotels - and let's not forget that the majority of Muslims are poor.

In Makkah most of the new hotels cost at least SAR5,000 per night whereas the old and cheap hotels cost only SAR 100-150

I live here in Al-Madinah and am seeing this happen before my eyes.

It is all about MONEY!

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dharr View Post
    Assalamu alaikum,

Actually these constructions are not related to providing structures for housing in Al-Madinah. They are all high class hotels which only allow the richest and most wasteful of our Muslimin to visit the city. They are currently demolishing all the cheap hotels - and let's not forget that the majority of Muslims are poor.

In Makkah most of the new hotels cost at least SAR5,000 per night whereas the old and cheap hotels cost only SAR 100-150

I live here in Al-Madinah and am seeing this happen before my eyes.

It is all about MONEY!

yipee for modern capitalism..

Allah give Hidaya to us all.. digging our own graves and making asbaab for pushing us into it as well..

Madhhab
    Don't know

I'm unhappy about it too - there was this story of this man, in this century, who took one whole year to reach mecca on his pilgrimage - carried all he had with him on this wheely trolly - I felt so sad because I really believe that his pilgrimage would be accepted and because he was so poor I wondered where he would stay in the holy cities. If we can't provide such accomodation for the poorest people, then what is the point - the cities turn into inhospitable places instead of being hospitable.

I dread to go to those places now because I don't want to feel awful - the last time I saw these cities was back in 1992 - and there wasn't any pizza hut, KFC etc...

As some of the Bros, have mentioned, the poorer people, the little businesses, - they suffer - meanwhile, Paris Hilton, can do what she want with all the money her Grandfather/name gives her.... Is that where we want our cash to go?

Its like - as I read in this book by Martin Lings, the soul is a significant and precious thing, easily affected, protected or housed in a body, which itself is proteced with clothes, protected in the enviroment of a home, which needs to be suitable to live in, that home is in a city with a certain enviroment, and that city on a land, on this planet.

The point is - how our enviroment is, can directly affect the sensibilities of our souls..

Anyway, whether that is right or not, I know that I can't mentally cope with not seeing Allah's beautiful trees and plants, and having looming buildings means that I can't see the sky either - and the whole lovely thing about Madinah, back wen we did it, was how easy it was to walk to the masjid, and how trails of people walked to the masjid at the same time - and it felt so beautiful, you felt for a moment that you too belonged to this city, even though you were a guest there. And you could imagine - as small as it was - like the past was tangible - the feeling of being in that city as if you were in the past - that it hadn't changed in ages in its tradition- the feeling of going to pray with/in the viscinity of/along with the Prophet.

I really hope that the changes in medina - just don't loose that - but I feel sad if it does.

As for Makkah - I can't say anything - other than, there is no point in hoping - I truly worry for the poorest amongst us. But Allah probably loves them more.
    *every breath is a form of worship*

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I've never been but insha Allah when I do go I hope I'm not reminded of America cos of all these skys****rs.
    Depressing really.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

when these projects wil be completed? is their any timeline? or its just a plan and nothing?
    mabrur

Madhhab
    Hanbali

Unhappy Re: Makkah and Madinah New Plan Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by mabrur View Post
    when these projects wil be completed? is their any timeline? or its just a plan and nothing?
    It is ongoing - the demolition in Al-Madinah started a while ago. They are working outwards from Haram. The small shops and hotels are being demolished from King Fahd Gate to Airport Road. My favourite restuarants have all disappeared - especially South Indian food - now only chain restuarants - are present.

Makkah is even worse. All the small businesses are being demolished and replaced with multinationals - Starbucks is everywhere with their logo - which shows a pagan Kaballah "Goddess" - this is related to Sihir (blackmagic)

I was watching a film with my kids - Muhammad (the animated version) a few days ago - the Quraish, (Abu Jahl and Abu Sufiyan) were talking about doubling the prices of everything in Makkah - because the pilgrims will pay whatever they ask - It seems that things have not changed from the days of jahilliyah.

Generally, AL-Madinah has changed in it's population also - 30 years ago when there was an economic downturn - most of the Ahl-Al Madinah - (the original people) left to find jobs - mostly in Riyadh. The people who moved in are mostly only here to make money - to find honest and sincere Muslims here nowadays is difficult. To be cheated is normal - and many faces light up to see my white face - this means they can really screw money out of me

There are still many good Muslims here still though - you will find them in the Masajid - most of the Munfiqin avoid the Masajid at all costs. They sit in their cars and pretend that they didn't hear the adhan !