Thread: Sahih Hadith confirming the advent of Imam Mahdi a.s.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Sahih Hadith confirming the advent of Imam Mahdi a.s.

The following are the collection of Sahih (authentic) Hadith regarding Mahdi.

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mas'ood(RA) reports from the Prophet(SAW), who said:

The world will not come to pass until a man from among my family, whose name will be my name, rules over the Arabs.

(Tirmidhi Sahih, Vol. 9, P. 74; Abu Dawud, Sahih, Vol. 5, P. 207;
    also narrated by Ali b. Abi Talib, Abu Sa'id, Umm Salma, Abu Hurayra)

The Prophet(SAW) said:

Allah will bring out from concealment al-Mahdi from my family and just before the day of Judgment; even if only one day were to remain in the life of the world, and he will spread on this earth justice and equity and will eradicate tyranny and oppression.

(Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, Vol. 1, P. 99)

Hadhrat Ali(RA) narrates that Rasulullah(SAW) said:

Even if only a day remains for Qiyamah to come, yet Allah will surely send a man from my family who will fill this world with such justice and fairness, just as it initially was filled with oppression.

(Abu Dawood)

Ali b. Abi Talib(RA) has related a tradition from the Prophet(SAW) who informed him:

The promised Mahdi will be among my family. God will make the provisions for his emergence within a single night.

(Ibn Majah, Sahih, Vol. 2, P. 519)

Hazrat Umme Salmah(RA), Prophet's wife, narrates that she heard the Prophet(SAW) say:

The promised Mahdi will be among my progeny, among the descendants of Fatima.

(Abu Dawud, Sahih, Vol. 2, P. 207; Ibn Majah, Sahih, Vol. 2, P. 519)

Rasulullah(SAW) announced:

The Mahdi will be of my family, of the descendants of Fatima (the Prophet's daughter).

(Sunan Ibn Majah, Vol. 2, Tradition No. 4086)

The Prophet(SAW) taught:

Al-Mahdi is one of us, the members of the household (Ahlul-Bayt).

(Sunan Ibn Majah, Vol. 2, Tradition No. 4085)

Abu Sa'id al-Khudari(RA) narrated that the Prophet(SAW) said:

Our Mahdi will have a broad forehead and a pointed (prominent) nose. He will fill the earth with justice as it is filled with injustice and tyranny. He will rule for seven years.
    (Abu Dawud, Sahih, Vol. 2, p. 208; Fusul al-muhimma, p. 275)

Hadhrat Abu Saeed Khudri(RA) relates that Rasulullah(SAW) said:

Al Mahdi will be from my progeny. His forehead will be broad and his nose will be high. He will fill the world with justice and fairness at a time when the world will be filled with oppression. He will rule for seven years.

Hadhrat Umme Salmah(RA) narrates that Rasulullah(SAW) said:

After the death of a Ruler there will be some dispute between the people. At that time a citizen of Madina will flee (from Madina) and go to Makkah. While in Makkah, certain people will approach him between Hajrul Aswad and Maqaame Ibraheem, and forcefully pledge their allegiance to him.

Thereafter a huge army will proceed from Syria to attack him but when they will be at Baida, which is between Makkah and Madina, they will be swallowed into the ground.

On seeing this, the Abdaals of Shaam as well as large numbers of people from Iraq will come to him and pledge their allegiance to him. Then a person from the Quraish, whose uncle will be from the Bani Kalb tribe will send an army to attack him, only to be overpowered, by the will of Allah. This (defeated) army will be that of the Bani Kalb. Unfortunate indeed is he who does not receive a share from the booty of the Kalb. This person (Imam Mahdi) will distribute the spoils of war after the battle. He will lead the people according to the Sunnat and during his reign Islam will spread throughout the world. He will remain till seven years (since his emergence). He will pass away and the Muslims will perform his Janazah salaat.

(Abu Dawood)

The holy Prophet(SAW) said:

A group of my Ummah will fight for the truth until near the day of judgment when Jesus, the son of Marry, will descend, and the leader of them will ask him to lead the prayer, but Jesus declines, saying: "No, Verily, among you Allah has made leaders for others and He has bestowed his bounty upon them.

(Sahih Muslim)

It is reported from Abu Hurayra(RA) that the Prophet(SAW) said:

What will be your reaction when the son of Mary (Jesus) descends and your Imam is from among yourselves?

(Sahih Muslim, bab nuzul 'isa, Vol. 2; Sahih Bukhari, kitab bad' al-khalq wa nuzul 'isa, Vol. 4)

The holy Prophet(SAW) said:

What would be your situation if the Son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends upon you and your Imam is from among you?

(Bukhari, kitabul-Anbiya, Chapter Nuzul Isa bin Maryam)

According to these reliable, authentic, and universally accepted narrations, Mahdi will:

1. Be from among the family of Prophet(SAW), among the descendants of Fatima(RA);
    2. Have a broad forehead and pointed noise;
    3. Appear in one night;
    4. Appear just before the day of judgment;
    5. Have same name as hazrat Muhammad(SAW);
    6. Escape from Madina to Makkah where people will pledge allegiance to him;
    7. Receive pledge and help of Iraqi people;
    8. Fight in battles;
    9. Rule over the Arabs for seven years according to Sunnah;
    10. Spread justice and equity on earth;
    11. Eradicate tyranny and oppression;
    12. Lead a prayer in Mekkah which Jesus(pbuh) will follow in;
    13. NOT be the same individual as the Promised Messiah (Jesus).

http://www.irshad.org/islam/prophecy/mahdi.htm
    Imam al-Zarqani said in his book Manahil al-Irfan: 'Our Scholars agreed that if a word carries 99 aspects of disbelief and one aspect of faith, it must be interpreted according to the best of meanings, which is faith'.

Visit www.asharis.wordpress.com and the Marifah website

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I needed this for my debates. Qadiyanis are helpless when it comes to quoting saheeh Ahadith.
    "People are asleep when they're alive, they're awakened when they die" - Sayyidina Ali.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Will the Mahdi (as) only rule over the Arabs?

Will the Mahdi (as) only rule over the Arabs? The hadith above seems to indicate that.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

http://www.muslimaccess.com/sunnah/h...dawud/036.html

Partial Translation of Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 36:

The Promised Deliverer (Kitab Al-Mahdi)

Book 36, Number 4266:

Narrated Jabir ibn Samurah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The religion will continue to be established till there are twelve caliphs over you, and the whole community will agree on each of them. I then heard from the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) some remarks which I could not understand. I asked my father: What is he saying: He said: all of them will belong to Quraysh.

Book 36, Number 4269:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If only one day of this world remained. Allah would lengthen that day (according to the version of Za'idah), till He raised up in it a man who belongs to me or to my family whose father's name is the same as my father's, who will fill the earth with equity and justice as it has been filled with oppression and tyranny (according to the version of Fitr). Sufyan's version says: The world will not pass away before the Arabs are ruled by a man of my family whose name will be the same as mine.

Book 36, Number 4270:

Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If only one day of this time (world) remained, Allah would raise up a man from my family who would fill this earth with justice as it has been filled with oppression.

Book 36, Number 4271:

Narrated Umm Salamah, Ummul Mu'minin:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The Mahdi will be of my family, of the descendants of Fatimah. Abdullah ibn Ja'far said: I heard AbulMalih praising Ali ibn Nufayl and describing his good qualities.

Book 36, Number 4272:

Narrated AbuSa'id al-Khudri:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The Mahdi will be of my stock, and will have a broad forehead a prominent nose. He will fill the earth will equity and justice as it was filled with oppression and tyranny, and he will rule for seven years.

Book 36, Number 4273:

Narrated Umm Salamah, Ummul Mu'minin:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Disagreement will occur at the death of a caliph and a man of the people of Medina will come flying forth to Mecca. Some of the people of Mecca will come to him, bring him out against his will and swear allegiance to him between the Corner and the Maqam. An expeditionary force will then be sent against him from Syria but will be swallowed up in the desert between Mecca and Medina. When the people see that, the eminent saints of Syria and the best people of Iraq will come to him and swear allegiance to him between the Corner and the Maqam.

Then there will arise a man of Quraysh whose maternal uncles belong to Kalb and send against them an expeditionary force which will be overcome by them, and that is the expedition of Kalb. Disappointed will be the one who does not receive the booty of Kalb. He will divide the property, and will govern the people by the Sunnah of their Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and establish Islam on Earth. He will remain seven years, then die, and the Muslims will pray over him.

Book 36, Number 4276A:

AbuIshaq told that Ali looked at his son al-Hasan and said: This son of mine is a sayyid (chief) as named by the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him), and from his loins will come forth a man who will be called by the name of your Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and resemble him in conduct but not in appearance. He then mentioned the story about his filling the earth with justice.

Book 36, Number 4277:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: A man called al-Harith ibn Harrath will come forth from Ma Wara an-Nahr. His army will be led by a man called Mansur who will establish or consolidate things for Muhammad's family as Quraysh consolidated them for the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). Every believer must help him, or he said: respond to his sermons.
    Imam al-Zarqani said in his book Manahil al-Irfan: 'Our Scholars agreed that if a word carries 99 aspects of disbelief and one aspect of faith, it must be interpreted according to the best of meanings, which is faith'.

Visit www.asharis.wordpress.com and the Marifah website

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I'll keep an eye out.

Madhhab
    Hanbali

Quote Originally Posted by abdul518ca
    I needed this for my debates. Qadiyanis are helpless when it comes to quoting saheeh Ahadith.
    Shias too.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Will the Mahdi (as) only rule over the Arabs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunni_Student786 View Post
    Will the Mahdi (as) only rule over the Arabs? The hadith above seems to indicate that.
    only one Hadith mntions this, all the others say he will fill the world with Islam, so we can say that since he will be of Prophet's family he may appear in Arabia(hence rule the arabs) and later spread Islam to the whole world
    Ay Tair-E-Lahooti, Uss Rizq Say Mout Achi

Jis Rizq Say Aati Ho, Parwaz Main Kotahi