Thread: Wahdatul Mawjood

ProudToBeMuslim

Default Wahdatul Mawjood

Salam,

Can someone explain exactly what is Wahdat al-Mawjood and how it differs from Wahdat al-Wujood?

Is it a widespread belief and is there a knowledgable person who has written literature on this issue?

Wa Salamu Alaykum

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Wahdatul Mawjood

Wahdat al-Mawjud = Shi'a concept I think. Key figure: Ad-Dajjal Khomeini.

Wahdat al-Wujud = Sufi concept, Key figure: Ibn Arabi.

Wahdat al-Shuhud = another Sufi concept, Key figure: Mujaddid Alf Thani.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Wahdat ul wujood is the most misunderstood concept, which many of the salafi's use to malign Sufi's.

Wahdat Ul Wujood & Its Evidences In Quran

Before the evidence is presented, readers must note that evidence is of two guides:

* Explicit
    * Indirect

The words, Wahdat Ul Wujood, will not be in the quotations but the doctrine which these words express will be in the quoted verses.

* Surah Noor {24} Verse 35: "Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth."

* Surah Al Baqarah {2} Verse 115: "To Allah belong the east and the West: Whithersoever ye turn, there is the presence of Allah. For Allah is all-Pervading, all-Knowing."

* Surah Al Hadid {57} Verse 3: "He is the First {awal} and the Last {akhir}, the Evident {zahir} and the Immanent {batin}: and He has full knowledge of all things."

The creation of Allah exists and the creation is not part of Allah nor Allah is part of creation because Allah says "lysaka misli shai" {there is nothing like Him}.

Allah Subhana Wa Tallah's existance is absolute on whoes existance all the creation exists and the real {haqiqi} existance is of Allah's.

If the '{haqiqi} existance' is defined as:

"Qul hu'wAllahu Aa'had, Allahu Samad, Lamya lid Wa lamyu'lad, Wa lamyaqulla'hu kufu'wan ahad. Hu wal aw'walu wal'akhiru wa'zahiru wal'batinu wahuwa bikulli shayin AAaleemun. Alhamdu lillahi rabil alameen ..."

Then its apparent that nothing exists as such, thus nothing fullfils the criteria being in existance other then Allah's Wahdat,Allah's Ahadi'at, {Allah's Unity, One'ness}, and only He is the one who exists {as defined above} and all existance of creation does not exist when it is compared to Allah's existance {as defined above}.

Wahdat Ul Wujood is ultimate realisation of Tawheed, Wahdat Ul Wujood is the realisation of Tawheed on a level which neither can be discovered by reading texts nor understood by listening to speechs, its source of knowledge is Shahood {Witnessing} of Tawheed, being witness to the One's One'ness. And when Witnessing His Holy Being, there can be no trace of creation in Him nor around Him, neither he co-exists in creation, nor creation co-exists with Him. One who witness's the golary of Allah, He witness's Him as if there is no other creation in existance, cause Allah's existance is limitless, and its not possiable to conceive when Witnessing the Limit-less {Allah} that Limited {Creation} ones do exist as well.

Seikh Muhi'ud Din Ibn Arabi rahimullah alayhi tallah, explained his spiritual journey, which lead to this realisation, and the realisation was based on Shahood, hence he described it in terms as he saw it.

The ignorant ones, of little intellectual ability, ones who have no knowledge of deen, neither those who have understood the Quranic verses have objected to this doctrine of Wahdat Ul Wajood, but their objection demonstrates their lack of understanding Tawheed e Wahdat Ul Wujood. I hope this helps, but I am sorry I don't have any idea about Wahdat al-Mawjud.

Abu Dharr reported the Prophet (Pbuh) as saying:
    "He who separates from the main body (of the Ummah) by even a hand's breadth from the Community he throws off Islam from his neck."

ProudToBeMuslim

I think. Key figure: Ad-Dajjal Khomeini.
    Maintain some dignity and have some respect my son

And no Khomeini did not believe in it

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

i must agree sunnis and shia must stop narrating fairy tales about each other its no good. as you know im no fan of shias and from my posts you can see what i think about them but just pulling things out your pockets about them dont do us any favours. there is alot of things which are wrong about shias we can debate them issues rather then stories.

p.s what is the deal with khomanei. sometimes he said things like dont argue with sunnis and that and then in his books he has declared us as non muslims. what did khomanei really think about sunnis

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Lightbulb Re: Wahdatul Mawjood