Thread: Sayyidah Fatimah & Sayyidina Abu Bakr

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Sayyidah Fatimah & Sayyidina Abu Bakr

salamu `alaykum

al-Sha`bi narrates:

"When Fatima fell sick Abu Bakr al-Siddiq came and asked permission to see her. `Ali said: "Fatima, here is Abu Bakr al-Siddiq asking permission to see you." She said: "Would you like me to give him permission?"[1] He said yes, whereupon she gave him permission. He entered to see her, seeking her good pleasure, and said: "By Allah! I did not leave my house, property, family, and tribe except to please Allah, and to please His Prophet, and to please you, the People of the House (ahl al-bayt)! He continued to seek her good pleasure until she was pleased."[2]

NOTES:

1 Al-Dhahabi said in the Siyar (al-Arna'ut ed. 2:121): "She applied the Sunna by not giving permission to anyone to enter her husband's house except by his command."

2 Narrated from `Amir al-Sha`bi by al-Bayhaqi in al-Sunan al-Kubra (6:300-301) and Dala'il al-Nubuwwa (7:273-281) who said: "It is [narrated with] a fair (hasan) chain that is missing the Successor-link (mursal) and is [otherwise] sound (sahh)." Ibn Hajar in Fath al-Bari (1959 ed. 6:202) said: "Even if it is mursal, its chain is sound (sahh) to al-Sha`bi. Ibn Kathir in al-Bidaya wa al-Nihaya (Turath ed. 5:310=Ma`arif ed. 5:289) said: "This chain is good and strong, and it seems that `Amir al-Sha`bi heard it from `Ali or from someone who heard it from `Ali." Muhibb al-Din al-Tabari cited it in al-Riyad al-Nadira (2:96-97 #534) and al-Dhahabi in the Siyar (al-Arna'ut ed. 2:121).
    Wasalam
    Salman
    May My Soul be sacrificed for your soul, my beloved, my master Muhammad - peace and blessing upon you- !

روحي لروحك الفداء يا حبيبي يا سيدي محمد

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Sayyidah Fatimah & Sayyidina Abu Bakr

for that Brother

It is reported from Abu Umamah from the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi WaSallam) that he said:

اتَّقُوا فِرَاسَةَ الْمُؤْمِنِ ، فَإِنَّهُ يَنْظُرُ بِنُورِ اللَّهِ

" Fear the Insight of the Believer, for verily he sees with the Light of God"

رقم الحديث: 3362
    المعجم الأوسط للطبراني

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Sorry, just to give credit, Shaykh Gibril translated this.
    May My Soul be sacrificed for your soul, my beloved, my master Muhammad - peace and blessing upon you- !

روحي لروحك الفداء يا حبيبي يا سيدي محمد

Madhhab
    None

If she pardoned (or left the earth happy with) Abu Bakr Al-Siddiq than their should be no doubt that truly he is the Al-Siddiq and Companion of the Two.
    Abu Said (ra) said that Rasullilah (salalahi alahi wasalam) said, Whoever says:

Radeetu billahi rabban, wa bil-Islaami deenan, wa bi-Muhammadin rasoolan

Jannah becomes obligatory for him (to enter).
    [Abu-Dawud]

- Best said in Morning and Evening with "Nabiyan wa rasoolan"